An Angel's Approach to Managing the Devils: A Manchester United Guide

keep on with it Dave, as long as you qualify for Champions League you will be fine! City, Tottenham are farking difficult to beat for some reason! I also suggest taking press conferences yourself, team talks and really start warning players when they perform badly! I do this everytime a players underperforms, he comes back the next week and kicks ***!

what match prep are you using? go back to teamwork or attacking movements! change the S&S tempo to quicker as well....

Good luck bud :)

raikan007 ( sorry if in the wrong place )

i read somewhere that you managed to pay off uniteds debt in 3 seasons ( amazing feat ) just how did you achieve this?

i only seem to make a yearly profit when i win trophies ( few and far between ) it would be great to to see a difference in this trend and also see what happens with transfer budget.

keep on with it Dave, as long as you qualify for Champions League you will be fine! City, Tottenham are farking difficult to beat for some reason! I also suggest taking press conferences yourself, team talks and really start warning players when they perform badly! I do this everytime a players underperforms, he comes back the next week and kicks ***!

what match prep are you using? go back to teamwork or attacking movements! change the S&S tempo to quicker as well....

Good luck bud :)

yes it is half the fun im hoping to turn it round no that ive signed Hulk (£20m) and my board got me Cavani (£27.5m)...

Hey Raikan bud yes City and Spurs are good this year on Fm think Spurs only lost once all season....

Ive changed back to doing my own press/media talks and my match prep is Average with Attacking movement... And is it the Tempo on the team instructions page i should change??
View attachment 203734View attachment 203735
An ill start to private chat with my players if they are preforming bad mate...

And thanks guys for the advice:)

Just had a team meeting and all went well:)
View attachment 203739

And also Raikan ive changed the tempo in the 'short nsweet' tactic to quick...Should ill also change it in the 'might n magic' or leave it as normal with it been my Away tactic bud??

Last edited:
raikan007 ( sorry if in the wrong place )

i read somewhere that you managed to pay off uniteds debt in 3 seasons ( amazing feat ) just how did you achieve this?

i only seem to make a yearly profit when i win trophies ( few and far between ) it would be great to to see a difference in this trend and also see what happens with transfer budget.
hey mate, that was for Fm11 :) I will check my save from Fm12 this evening to see how far I got in 1 and a half years, I think I am in December 2012 :)

I won everything except the ECL 1st season in Fm12 but in Fm11 I think I won everything each year for 3 years, bar one ECL I think... :)

hey bud, welcome, it does not, no classic tactics have shouts :)

if you dont like the classic style tactics (I dont much either, this was the first one I made) then I suggest maybe trying this one :)

http://www.fm-base.co.uk/forum/foot...sion-tactic-testing-wanted-needed-please.html

So I tested it and I did win the game. I changed strategy to Attack.
I was surprised that the familiarity was Competent and Accomplished, the only one that is awkward is formation.
Also, my wingers don't like the formation, you do know this? Ashley Young is red like an apple :)

Which screenshots do you need?

View attachment 203835View attachment 203836

Xbeastmx i know there was a Utd skin for FM11 but not sure if there 1 for FM12 as yet but there is some skins here Skins - Downloads - Football Manager 2012 Tactics, Wonderkids & Cheats

H
i all....
Just played Shakter in CL and ive played Rooney in Midfield as Ericksen was injured and im pretty happy with how he preformed so i thought id share some SS with you guys + i got the win:D
View attachment 203854View attachment 203855View attachment 203856View attachment 203857View attachment 203858View attachment 203859View attachment 203860

So I tested it and I did win the game. I changed strategy to Attack.
I was surprised that the familiarity was Competent and Accomplished, the only one that is awkward is formation.
Also, my wingers don't like the formation, you do know this? Ashley Young is red like an apple :)

Which screenshots do you need?

View attachment 203835View attachment 203836

what do you mean red like an apple? what do you mean dont like the formation?? :)

if you play Young on the left and Nani/Valencia on the right there should not be a problem, I do not undertand what you mean......

are you using that new possession tactic I linked with the 3 central cm's and the dm??

if you are using that (nice win) then of course Young is not going to fit, he is a winger, there is not a winger slot :)

play:

---------------------Fletcher/Jones------------------
-------Carrick--------Anderson------Cleverley-----

Yes, that is the formation I used (the new one, testers needed), but young did score in that formation, actually he scored a fabulous goal :)

However, as noted, he is not a CM but if that formation works as in use attack for home games and control or counter for away games than it kind of makes the Winger position obselete, I would then instead re-train my wingers to CM.

Man U has three great wingers; Nani, Valencia and Young, I would hate to waste them because a formation that works really well does not fit them.

For my game I played Fletcher CM A, Carrick DM, Nani CM S and Young CM S.

the home and away tactics I think you are referring to are from the Might and Magic tactic, these two are completely seperate tactics....

why are you playing Young and Nani in the centre of midfield?

If we skip your other tactics and only focus on your new tactic 4-1-3-2.
The tactic is set for Control. For my home game I changed it to Attack and won 4-1 (Vidic made a booboo and Newcastle scored.)
For away games, 4-1-3-2 tactic can be used if changed to Control or Counter. I have not tested it yet.

However, if this tactic is a huge success, it will make the winger position obsolete and I feel that selling my wingers (and especially Ashley Young who I wished joined Man u back in 2010) is not an option. Valencia I can see going, Nani, nah, he has an amazing foot that curves nice long shots. What can be done is either play the Wingers as CM or re-train them to become CM...

I see what you are saying :)

you can make any changes you wish to it :) away from home standard works the best for me :)

yeah, that is the problem I am facing, my two wingers are complaining about lack of football! If I were you I would retrain Young to striker (I have done this and he is quality there) and is already accomplished and maybe do the same for Nani :) I do however have the M&M tactic (winger tactic) in Match prep so if I ever feel like I need to change it up, which I will, I can use :)

I would not retrain any of them to play Cm mate! if you really want to you can move the central cm to amc and retrain Nani and Young to play there as attacking mids or inside forwards :)

but you need to keep at least 2 tactics to keep things mixed up!