An Angel's Approach to Managing the Devils: A Manchester United Guide

So guys, reccomend me who to buy in January 2013, as I have sold most of my older players (Carrick, Valenica etc) and this is what my squad looks like atm:

The questions are;
Do you need to buy players? Are there specific areas missing coverage or/and have a weakness? There is no reason to buy if not needed. If you answer no to the questions I just asked, I recommend you work towards clearing the loan and for the future, invest in U18 players.

The questions are;
Do you need to buy players? Are there specific areas missing coverage or/and have a weakness? There is no reason to buy if not needed. If you answer no to the questions I just asked, I recommend you work towards clearing the loan and for the future, invest in U18 players.
Thats true, but I just wanted to ask that if someone could reccomend some players to have as backup and/or for the future.

Is it just me or is Gomes (Tottenham) so overrated, he always get a 9 rating when against me and beacuse of him I cant score any, which make me angry as I dominate the whole game with a 75% possession and make over 10 shots on goal.

10 shots is pants mate lol !!!! i average 26 shots per game with the tactics i use no matter what team :) ....... But i agree that he is overrated he was like that on 11 aswell lol tottenham on all my saves end up finishing 3rd or 2nd its a joke

Thats true, but I just wanted to ask that if someone could reccomend some players to have as backup and/or for the future.

I am just in the first half of 11/12 season so I can't recommend many; Scout these :)
Laurentiu Branescu
Oliver Markoutz
Lucas Andersen
Emre Can
Alphonse Areole
Zakaria Labyad
Juanmi
Raphael Varane
Giuseppe Prestia

what tactic is that Zaff? that is complete dominance :p well done
That is your updated Short n Sweet and I use Rooney and Hamšik as the playmakers.
Also who should I sign as the new ***. Manager as Valdir de Moraes will retire at the end of the season with Sir Ryan Giggs (legend).

Awesome!

how many passess did you get for that Zaff? could you post the average positions for me from that game?

he says he retires but he actually does not :) end of second season?

if he has the right stats then **** right :)

Could someone tell me how to succeed in Europe as for the secound year running I was dumped out in the Quarter Finals by not so strong teams (Man City, Marseille).

Raikan,

Short and Sweet...good tactic, one problem though :)
Since it works so well I want to use it constantly and it only calls for one striker and I have five strikers.
Rooney is played as a CM and is not getting forward as much and not scoring, my team even plays better without him...

So maybe I need to sell Berbatov since I have Macheda, Welbeck and Hernandez.
I switched Hernandez at halftime and moved Rooney to strike, scored immediately :)

View attachment 206625

Raikan,

Short and Sweet...good tactic, one problem though :)
Since it works so well I want to use it constantly and it only calls for one striker and I have five strikers.
Rooney is played as a CM and is not getting forward as much and not scoring, my team even plays better without him...

I am glad its working well :) how well?

that is the problem, is Rooney accomplished as Cm? I would have him as the Amc rather maybe.. who are your other strikers?

hhmm...

for HG I would do that and Berbie is getting on a bit! Welbeck never got much better than what he starts out as in the two seasons I had at Utd.. he actually got worse and I played him!

How is Macheda looking in your save?

Could someone tell me how to succeed in Europe as for the secound year running I was dumped out in the Quarter Finals by not so strong teams (Man City, Marseille).

I find that using Raikans 'might n magic' counter away tactic works a treat in aways games as i used his new S&S tactic at home and M&M counter away and had some good results with it mate in my CSKA save take a look http://www.fm-base.co.uk/forum/football-manager-2012-tactics-training/85231-short-sweet%99-17.html

I am glad its working well :) how well?

that is the problem, is Rooney accomplished as Cm? I would have him as the Amc rather maybe.. who are your other strikers?

No he is not ready yet.
Welbeck has actually been great for me but still I am optimistic.
I have set an eye on other strikers but since short and sweet works wonders for me I hardly ever play any other tactic unless it is a top notch team.

I only purchased a defender and a midfielder at the start of the season since you dont need no new players.
So, my strikers are the original bunch;
  1. Rooney
  2. Hernandez
  3. Welbeck
  4. Macheda (he is on loan)
  5. Berbatov
  6. Owen
  7. Backup: Young
I know for sure Owen is going to retire, and berbatov if I could sell him.
This means Hernandez and Rooney will swap seats and Welbeck/Macheda are backups.
I don't need a new striker even after finding some real good ones, why waste the cash.

maybe look for a good Amc rather, Ganso or Andrea Bertolacci is a machine in the Short and Sweet :)

206250d1322550404-short-sweet%99-ajax-v-partizan-analysis_-analysis-.png