An Angel's Approach to Managing the Devils: A Manchester United Guide

maybe look for a good Amc rather, Ganso or Andrea Bertolacci is a machine in the Short and Sweet :)

Ganso...City took him, doubt he will move over, but City is only 3rd in the league, we'll see :)
Scouting Bertolacci.

But there is no true AMC in Short & Sweet, there is a MC with attack mode if that is the AMC you are referring too.
When I play Rooney there I get complaints from the journalists that he is not scoring.

the new version has the AMC slot mate :) you must be using the older (just as good) three cental cm's?

the new version has the AMC slot mate :) you must be using the older (just as good) three cental cm's?

I commented on your new version remember, it is the one with AMCs arrow back, scroll back a page or two :)

I didn't experience the same energy in the new Short & Sweet but maybe I should try it more?

What is everyone doing with the old timers?

Giggs
Berbatov
Park
Ferdinand
Evra
Carrick
Kuszczak
Owen

What is everyone doing with the old timers?

Giggs
Berbatov
Park
Ferdinand
Evra
Carrick
Kuszczak
Owen

On my Man utd save im in 2nd season and ivesold everyone apart from Sir Ryan. Rio and Evra:D

And Zaff are you using the 'might n magic' or the 'might n magic counter' tactic mate??
Also i take all my press conferences team talks the lot i also tell my team to 'always close down' and 'show onto weaker foot' the opposition midfielders and attackers when playing and use away shouts 'play out of defence' work ball into box' 'retain possession' and 'hassle opponents' and that seems to work for me but i am CSKA and the EPL as got stronger teams "no disrespect to the Russian league"

Last edited:
Ive just got him on a free for my Cska save:)..

Where did you get his facepack mate

I got him on a free as well since Roma was giving him a worse contract and my contract was cheap for Man U so he joined us :)

I found a 4.5GB facepack on internet...

I got him on a free as well since Roma was giving him a worse contract and my contract was cheap for Man U so he joined us :)

I found a 4.5GB facepack on internet...

What site was that mate..

Could you PM me the link please

What site was that mate..

Could you PM me the link please

I will send you the link from my personal computer, this is my work computer so you have to give me a little bit.

Neil... I been using your guide from FM11 (Cant be bothered to search for it so put it in here, hope you dont mind) :)

Im doing seriously well following your guide, never really fancied using a guide much but I thought why not try this out.

I signed most of the players you suggested, some wasn't on my database but never mind. Same with the staff, so I brought some of my own regualr staff memebers in. I think the most I spent was 3.5mill and that was on Mutch.

I have been using your tactic with Rooney in the AMC position, been playing well, not scoring majorily but consitant performances non the less. None of my strikers have really hit it off, if im honest, currently training Hernandez to place shots into corners, hasn't been effective until last night when he bagged 2 against Blackpool. Just waiting to teach him to attack through the centre. I been playing Anderson in the Advanced Playermaker - Attack and he has been brilliant. I replace him with Scholes in the important matches. I use Carrick as a Deep lying playmaker - Defend, and Fletcher as a Ball Winning Midfielder - Support.

Now to my wingers! Nani, Giggs and Valencia are absolutely storming it. All majorily involved with assists and goals. Valencia, for the past 5 games has had a rating over 9. Nani is top goal scorer with 10 goals. Giggs went on a 5 game streak with an Average of 8+.

I lost my first game against Man City, mainly because Evra decided to get sent off after 10 minutes, and although I dominated, I couldnt score. Went on a huge winning streak of 11 games. Then drew my next game against Fulham, but have been undefeated in 14 games. Top of the league with a 3 point gap on Arsenal.

I qualified for the knockout stages in the Champions League. I masterminded a 4-1 win against Real Madrid at home. Then do a little bit of tactical genius (Not sure where it come from), where I dropped Berbatov for Carrick, Rooney up top with Carrick sitting infront of the back 4. I then went on to win 3-1. Limiting Real to 3 shots to my 34! Bear in mind I was playing at the Bernabeau.

Lost in the CC to Tottenham, both teams rested a few players, before I had Vidic sent off and then went to lose 3-0.

Importantly though, I had a message from the board saying that after a massive improvement in my finances they gave me a new budget of £38million. In which the lot went into wages. I am in the middle of November. David Santon is on my shortlist, so as soon as Jan 1st comes in, I plan to strike. Although Rafeal is playing immense at RB.

Just wanted to say a big thanks for the guide, and im throughly enjoying the save, something I haven't done for a while.

If I get on tonight, I'll try and get some screenshots.

Hi guys,

Been following this thread for a long time and following some of Raikan's other threads on players and tactics.

Just to share, I am in the 2014/15 season now. Have won some form of the treble in the past few seasons. Nani won the World Player of the Year in 2013 and Neymar won the Best Player in Europe for 2013/14.

Basically the players under 20 are all regens I found, thinking of developing them for the first team.

Need some advice about which players to sell as I think my squad is too big.

View attachment 206918

Cheers guys

Hi guys,

Been following this thread for a long time and following some of Raikan's other threads on players and tactics.

Just to share, I am in the 2014/15 season now. Have won some form of the treble in the past few seasons. Nani won the World Player of the Year in 2013 and Neymar won the Best Player in Europe for 2013/14.

Basically the players under 20 are all regens I found, thinking of developing them for the first team.

View attachment 206918

Cheers guys

1st of all nice team.. Maybe sell some off your older players so i give's you the chance to develope the young lads or sell some of the players that are not getting in your team mate..

Hi guys,

Cheers guys

Patrice Evra, can't you offer him a coaching position?
Your defense looks solid, can't see you letting off anymore steam. You might have one to many DCs.
Nunez can go on loan as well as Camara and Fernandez.
How is vidic, one more season?

Fierror and Welbeck, do they work for you, Welbeck can be like a rollercoaster for me, not 100% solid.

You have a lot of midfielders :)
Aguinaldo are you training him for more than that position, I mean, he restricts you a lot.
Either way, Aguinaldo and Grosso can go on loan.
I would sell Nani...sorry but he is overrated and for me he is so so, like Valencia.

You also have alot of strikers, depending on the tactics you use, for me, I foremost use a 1 strike tactic so I am offloading my team on strikers, keeping 4.

Your CM, you have 9 that can handle that position.
Your AMC, you have 8 that can handle that position.
Your AML/R, you have 7 that can handle those positions.

How many HG players do you have? You also have very few English players :)

1st of all nice team.. Maybe sell some off your older players so i give's you the chance to develope the young lads or sell some of the players that are not getting in your team mate..

Thanks mate! its just hard to sell off older players sometime..sentiments..haha

Patrice Evra, can't you offer him a coaching position?
Your defense looks solid, can't see you letting off anymore steam. You might have one to many DCs.
Nunez can go on loan as well as Camara and Fernandez.
How is vidic, one more season?

Fierror and Welbeck, do they work for you, Welbeck can be like a rollercoaster for me, not 100% solid.

You have a lot of midfielders :)
Aguinaldo are you training him for more than that position, I mean, he restricts you a lot.
Either way, Aguinaldo and Grosso can go on loan.
I would sell Nani...sorry but he is overrated and for me he is so so, like Valencia.

You also have alot of strikers, depending on the tactics you use, for me, I foremost use a 1 strike tactic so I am offloading my team on strikers, keeping 4.

Your CM, you have 9 that can handle that position.
Your AMC, you have 8 that can handle that position.
Your AML/R, you have 7 that can handle those positions.

How many HG players do you have? You also have very few English players :)

Defense is rock solid, have been letting in less than 25 goals per season in the league.
Have offered Evra a coaching position, but he rejected =/
Probably another season left for Evra and Vidic.

My regular goalscorer has been Chicharito, with him netting 20+ goals per season. Welbeck has been sporadic, scoring in the bucket loads for a few games and then just disappear for the next few. Fierro has been more like a backup.

I have been training Aguinaldo to the AML role, so cant really loan him out for now.
Spot on mate. My main problem is the high amount of midfielders! Trying to offload some of them, also thinking of selling Nani as I got Gaitan for a steal at 3.7m. But Nani has been one of my better players though :/

Thought of selling Leandro too as he isn't doing so well for me. Got bids from Barca and Real Madrid in the region of 25m in the summer but he didnt want to leave.

Mainly using the Short n Sweet (AMC version) by Raikan, my tactics are all 4231. Attached is my preferred lineup. I usually play the striker who is in form.

View attachment 206928

I have 11 homegrown players currently. Concentrating on bringing through youth, have a few good under 17s I found.

@worm3 im using that tactic for my Cska save and it is working a treat.. Like XbeastMx said if you can get rid of Nani for a good price take it:). and also i try and have maybe 2 good players for 1 possition an then maybe a decent backup and when i play/manage in England i use the CC to develope my fringe players who i think will be first teams in a couple of years or so..

nice guys :) worm, how is the tactic working for you? what possesion % are you getting? I would like to see some of your best games using that tactic if possible? also the amount of passess you get?

all in all, great stuff guys and cheers Beadstarr :) glad to help, look forward to your updates

Defense is rock solid, have been letting in less than 25 goals per season in the league.
Have offered Evra a coaching position, but he rejected =/
Probably another season left for Evra and Vidic.

My regular goalscorer has been Chicharito, with him netting 20+ goals per season. Welbeck has been sporadic, scoring in the bucket loads for a few games and then just disappear for the next few. Fierro has been more like a backup.

I have been training Aguinaldo to the AML role, so cant really loan him out for now.
Spot on mate. My main problem is the high amount of midfielders! Trying to offload some of them, also thinking of selling Nani as I got Gaitan for a steal at 3.7m. But Nani has been one of my better players though :/

Thought of selling Leandro too as he isn't doing so well for me. Got bids from Barca and Real Madrid in the region of 25m in the summer but he didnt want to leave.

Mainly using the Short n Sweet (AMC version) by Raikan, my tactics are all 4231. Attached is my preferred lineup. I usually play the striker who is in form.

I have 11 homegrown players currently. Concentrating on bringing through youth, have a few good under 17s I found.

If you use Short and Sweet than you have to many strikers. Short and Sweet requires max 4 strikers, I mean, to rotate 4 strikers is a pain in the rear but you might ran a backup like might & magic where you have to have 4 strikers, than you can keep a winger that has striking potential to be used in that rotation.

Personally I have just started and take it slow, too slow it feels, 1/2 season done :)
I have way to many strikers and I play mostly Short & Sweet so I have to offload two by next season and buying none since Rooney, Welbeck, Macheda and Hernandez can do the job just as well.
You need a solid midfield to get a good striker is my opinion so I have invested in my midfield.