An Angel's Approach to Managing the Devils: A Manchester United Guide

Short and Sweet

League Cup Final
View attachment 208084View attachment 208085View attachment 208086View attachment 208087

Now, Raikan, if I have to be a critic.
Carrick and Fletcher never shoot the ball because your new S&S tactic has them set to "Long Shots" Rarely.
During the game, Fletcher had a few great changes, one where he was alone with the goalie and PASSED the ball, I almost strangled my laptop, so I wonder, if you raise their "Long Shots" to Sometimes...

I mean, Fletcher might have a crappy long shot statistic but at least when he is open...Carrick stat is better.
Maybe, challange the training (your training schedule) for central midfielders to improve their long shots. You have it set to Medium, maybe that is enough?

Comeback

It was a drizzly Wednesday evening at Old Trafford in March 2012.
Manchester United entered the stadium with a two goal loss at Bayern Munchen.
This was the chance for United to show that they were a quality Champions League team.

With the old Short & Sweet tactic, setting his midfield to shoot sometimes rathar than rarely. :)
Rooney...the start in the sky above Manchester, finished the game with 5 goals...
What an amazing turn around, cheers for United!

View attachment 208118View attachment 208119View attachment 208120

:D last season won all trohpies and this season ive already won the community shield and that cup which the europa winner plays the champions winner. also i havnt conceeded a goal so far and im scoring with hernandez especially goals after goals. so i was thinking if it was worth for me to upload my tactic for the first time???? also in the new season i know i havnt played the big teams yet but mainly last season i beat them all with ease.

heres some screenies:

Untitled-158.jpg

hist.jpg

2-3.jpg

1-1.jpg

this is my team and its very young :) end of oct and still only conceded 3 goals all competiton and scored 47 goals....

teamm.jpg

Untitled-159.jpg

How much did you pay for Modric, everyone wants to buy him?
Your tactic is similar to M&M with a few differences.

tottenham wanted 65mil for him. but i was only ready 2 splash 35 the most....after couple of bids modric got unhappy and then tottenham acepted a 38 mil bid since then modric is been playing superb for me...

ermmm ok...wellll the player insturctions are the main bit but still :)

tottenham wanted 65mil for him. but i was only ready 2 splash 35 the most....after couple of bids modric got unhappy and then tottenham acepted a 38 mil bid since then modric is been playing superb for me...

ermmm ok...wellll the player insturctions are the main bit but still :)

I have a similar tactic on my save but it works best away but I have a huge problem with scoring on my save running that tactic.

easy group stage :) my defence is rock solid.....in the prem im 3 po9ints ahead with 2 matches in hand so far goinbg good :)

Untitled-161.jpg

Potential

So,

How does this work?

I have a player.
Ability 5 stars.
Potential 2 stars.
Recommendation 2 stars.

If the ability is 5 stars, how do you motivate a player to that ability?
  1. Send to affiliate.
  2. Training schedule.
  3. Tutoring.
Advice?

So,

How does this work?

I have a player.
Ability 5 stars.
Potential 2 stars.
Recommendation 2 stars.

1. Send to affiliate.
  2. Training schedule.
  3. Tutoring.
Advice?

I'd be interested to find this out aswell

Replacements

So, for the second season I need to start thinking of replacements.

Carrick and Giggs.
I need a DM...I have Phil Jones as backup.
Evra.
Ferdinand, I have Phil Jones who works great with Vidic, top that with Smalling and Evans.
I also need a winger because Valencia has not impressed.

I bought Christian Eriksen. CM
I bought Andrea Bertolacci. CM
I bought van der Wiel (he covers the right defence with Rafael)
Ï bought Laurentiu Branescu (I wanted someone better than Lindegaard)
I bought Giuseppe Prestia (help out in defence)
I bought Giovanni Tognozzi (this can be my future Vidic)
Then we have MU players: Paul Pogba, Tom Cleverly, Ravel Morrison and Davide Petrucci where Pogba has been great for me, almost like a Giggs because he plays smart football.

So, for 2nd season...maybe Neymar or Bale?

So,

How does this work?

I have a player.
Ability 5 stars.
Potential 2 stars.
Recommendation 2 stars.

1. Send to affiliate.
  2. Training schedule.
  3. Tutoring.
Advice?

1) Tutor him first to give him a quick increase/boost in stats
2) Loan him out to a club in the same league (if possible) ensuring first team footie, if not revert to sending out to affiliate, make sure the league has been loaded for affiliate though
3) well it depends on his position, stats, role!

1) Tutor him first to give him a quick increase/boost in stats
2) Loan him out to a club in the same league (if possible) ensuring first team footie, if not revert to sending out to affiliate, make sure the league has been loaded for affiliate though
3) well it depends on his position, stats, role!

Great, thanks!

So, 3rd season atm and im top of the league with a 10 point lead, having drawn 2 games and lost only 1. Although I still struggle in Europe and in the 1st leg of the KO round I got battered by Real Madrid 2-0 (could have easily been 5-0) and so I need a wonder at home.