An Angel's Approach to Managing the Devils: A Manchester United Guide

So, 3rd season atm and im top of the league with a 10 point lead, having drawn 2 games and lost only 1. Although I still struggle in Europe and in the 1st leg of the KO round I got battered by Real Madrid 2-0 (could have easily been 5-0) and so I need a wonder at home.

Was it home or away?

Was it home or away?
It was away and the worst thing about that game was that my key players were so poor, that even Rooney missed an open goal in the progress and Hulk just blasted all his shots miles high and wide.

It was away and the worst thing about that game was that my key players were so poor, that even Rooney missed an open goal in the progress and Hulk just blasted all his shots miles high and wide.

So, I had the same problem.
  1. Tactic used?
  2. Setup of tactic, settings?
  3. Teamtalks,did they impact your players in anyway?

They got motivation.
Also the rating were between 6.0-6.7

Well, there is your problem, that rating won't work, it doesn't work for me.
I have changed the M&M tactic a little but but that will not help in whole.

If you get a rating like that something is not working out well.
If you are playing a Medium Difficult Team, try switch tactic.
Check the overview advice, players that are not playing well, recommendations etc.

Neymar

Interesting...Santos wants 78 million...Nuts...

I have never unsettled a player, how do I unsettle him?
I declared my interest twice and admired him once within the last three months.

I also think it depends on the players loyalty attribute...I unsettled Cavani in fm11 but it took a year lol

So first season is complete, went very well;

Won Community Shield, Won Premier League, Won League Cup, Won FA Cup and lost in Champions League Semi-Final. Last game of the season was against QPR and we slammed them.

Players 'Team of the Year had three United Players: Evra, Vidic and Rooney.
Manager of the Year was me, Games 38, Win Ratio 78%, Goals 76, Conceded 17.
Golden Glove went to De Gea, Appearances 27, Conceded 14, Clean Sheets 17.
Top Goalscorer was Rooney, Appearances 34, Goals 25, Assists 6.

I played Short & Sweet Modified (CM Shot sometimes and throw-ins short) @Home.
I played Might & Magic Modified (look at screenshot (positions)) Away against top teams (Manchester City, Real Madrid, Barcelona etc.)

View attachment 209212View attachment 209211View attachment 209213View attachment 209214View attachment 209215View attachment 209217View attachment 209218View attachment 209219

Then I am done with my transfers for second season;

I sold Park to Atletico.
I sold Berby to Milan.
I sold Gibson to Swansea.

I bought Laurentiu Branescu from Juventus, my future goalie.
I bought Giuseppe Prestia from Palermo, future potential.
I bought Giovanni Tognozzi from Varese, my future Vidic.
I bought Angel Di Maria from Real Madrid, I am not happy with Valencia + Park is sold + Giggs is retiring.
I bought Marek Hamsik from Napoli, I am not happy with my CMs last season, I need someone that ís on fire.
I free transferred Andrea Bertolacci, he is suppose to be on fire so we will see.

I know Fletcher had a bad season and it was even recommended from my staff to drop him.
So, Fletcher and Valencia might go and I definatly want to sell Morrison and Petrucci.

I recieved a trial for my youth, Matt Dodd with great future potential, Keeper.
Also Richard Lewis, right defender and Neil Cheetham, midfielder and Michael Rowe, Striker.

was the point in using someone elses tactic and win most trophies? dont you feel sometimes awkward that you have won sometihing with someone elses tactic?? not having a go but just wondering because whenever i use someone elses tactic it just doesnt feel right.

was the point in using someone elses tactic and win most trophies? dont you feel sometimes awkward that you have won sometihing with someone elses tactic?? not having a go but just wondering because whenever i use someone elses tactic it just doesnt feel right.

Which tactic are you referring to?

both

both

Short & Sweet looks similar to the tactics we used in FM2011 + I modified it since it did not completely fit my play style and the tactic itself does not have a focused passing set. Nah, I don't agree, the base tactic is created by a tactician which I have modified :)

Last edited:
Chelsea have offered 37.5 mn at end of first year for valencia...15 mn over 24 mnths...he has been stellar with 20 goals at an avg of 7.72...should I let him go?

Chelsea have offered 37.5 mn at end of first year for valencia...15 mn over 24 mnths...he has been stellar with 20 goals at an avg of 7.72...should I let him go?

If he is consistent for you then no, he has not been for me, he is only consistent for me if Nani plays on the left wing...8-|

If he is consistent for you then no, he has not been for me, he is only consistent for me if Nani plays on the left wing...8-|

Seek out Douglas Costa your first couple years. I forget offhand who he plays for, but at 21, he's at 3.5 stars as an AMC, and you can convert him to AML(if your playing 4-2-4, or any of the Might and Magic/Il Devistasto bases), and he's got 4 star potential at left wing. Him and Valencia playing on opposite wings is just deadly, especially of Rooney and Chich are on form. Spent half a season so far watching Costa cross to Valencia on the far post to bury it.

Seek out Douglas Costa your first couple years. I forget offhand who he plays for, but at 21, he's at 3.5 stars as an AMC, and you can convert him to AML(if your playing 4-2-4, or any of the Might and Magic/Il Devistasto bases), and he's got 4 star potential at left wing. Him and Valencia playing on opposite wings is just deadly, especially of Rooney and Chich are on form. Spent half a season so far watching Costa cross to Valencia on the far post to bury it.

Costa he is high quality but I already bought Di Maria...however, Chelski wants to buy Nani, I rather sell Nani outside Premier League.