An Angel's Approach to Managing the Devils: A Manchester United Guide

What particularly drives me crazy about Fletcher is that I can't get any kind of consistent reaction with media stuff or team talks......or I should say, he seems to have a negative reaction to so many different types of comments. Whether I lift pressure or place more pressure, whether I'm being confident or skeptical.....usually you can get the pattern of how they'll react after a while, but with him I can't tell at all, and it usually ends up bad.

Im now in my 5th season. Won the leage all seasons exept one. Won the trebble first season, but then something happend, i lost the CL final V Lyon with 3-0, and now i play i Europa League, didnt make the group stage :/ But im doing well in the league..

Call me booring, but i signed.... MESSI on FREE TRANSFER!?! Strange isn't it?.. I have a lot of new palyers, young players and world class players.. I might leave after 3 seasons, i want to win the Champions league more times..

Cleverley got 20 in passes, Chicharito 19 finishing, pogba 17 passes, phil jones 19 tackles... Ya, something like that :) Thx for me

Im now in my 5th season. Won the leage all seasons exept one. Won the trebble first season, but then something happend, i lost the CL final V Lyon with 3-0, and now i play i Europa League, didnt make the group stage :/ But im doing well in the league..

Call me booring, but i signed.... MESSI on FREE TRANSFER!?! Strange isn't it?.. I have a lot of new palyers, young players and world class players.. I might leave after 3 seasons, i want to win the Champions league more times..

Cleverley got 20 in passes, Chicharito 19 finishing, pogba 17 passes, phil jones 19 tackles... Ya, something like that :) Thx for me

Sounds like you are playing like me :)

Boys and ladies,

I started my third season, first friendly result below, all in all, satisfied with the moves I made during pre-season.
View attachment 214208

I sold
  • David Petrucci, has not been decent for me.
  • Michael Carrick, last season he played 20 games, 7.03 rating with only 2 assists. He left for Dortmund.
  • Darren Fletcher, actually my assistant manager recommended this, last season he played 21 games, 6.85 rating with 2 goals and 1 assist. He also left for Dortmund.
  • Federico Macheda, due to the fact I play a 4-3-2-1 formation mostly and I had four strikers + backup striker, he did not get any playtime. Last season he played 4 games, 6.88 rating with 1 goal and 1 assist. He left for Valencia.
  • I am also trying to sell Lindegaard.
I bought
  • Connor Simon, 16 year old regen from PSG, bound to become a 4-star rating. 600K.
  • I was offered due to him wanting to leave Gladbach, Marc-André ter Stegan. 12M.
  • I am unsettling Neymar and Yann M'vila, not that I really need them but Neymar would push the team up towards the standard I am looking for.
I loaned out
  • Giovanni Tognozzi for one million with no buyout option, he has a great potential, the new Vidic so I want to give him match time and he went to Lyon who won 2011/2012 Champions Cup.
  • Jack Barmby, has potential but we will see after loan. Went to FC Twente.

The question is if someone can help?
I have two youth players that have great potential, should I move them to first team and make them available for reserve games to give them first team experience or leave them in under 18 until they can't play there anymore, if so, then I have two additional MCs which will act as replacements for Fletcher and Carrick.

Last edited:
2nd season......my Chicharito had 85 goals total between United and Mexico. Will post screenshot later......I'm sure there are some huge Hernandez seasons out there, but I'd be surprised if someone can top this.

I have two youth players that have great potential, should I move them to first team and make them available for reserve games to give them first team experience or leave them in under 18 until they can't play there anymore

Tough call, I have the same situation right now. I think the best bet is to use them as a backup for main squad - try to get them maybe a dozen starts between cups/easy matches and give them as many games as possible in under-18s/reserves without burning them out.

So, Raikan, I have completed my own Tactic.
I am actually surprised since it is built on your Short & Sweet Tactic but it works wonders both home & away.

I call it 4-3-2-1 Red Devils
You can run it as control or attack. Away games versus tough teams I run it at control.
Good site to upload the tactic?

Good results mate, the possession at home and away is not that high though if it is a possession tactic :) however the results are decent!

Here is the best :)

Good results mate, the possession at home and away is not that high though if it is a possession tactic :) however the results are decent!

Here is the best :)

I assume I did not create a posession tactic but my defence and goalie for some reason work better, they perform better with this tactic even if the possession is not high. West Brom was on a 8 match unbeaten streak until they met me and I rested my key players for my 2nd leg semi-final Champ League game...

View attachment 217239View attachment 217240

Havent played in quite a while, but im in my 2015/16 season and doing well after some fixtures after winning the quadruple last season.
Oh and a miracle happened as well: England won the 2014 World Cup, although it was against Slovenia.

Last edited:
So, my third season is over with a thrilling end...
View attachment 217513

Won the Community Shield
View attachment 217514

Won the League Cup
View attachment 217515

Won the FA Cup
View attachment 217516

Won the Premier League
View attachment 217517

Won the Champions Cup
View attachment 217518

Rooney became Footballer of the Year
Valencia became Players' Player of the Year

So, who is leaving Manchester United...
Patrice Evra for 14M to Barcelona
Nemanja Vidic to either Barcelona or Real Madrid for 20M
Ryan Giggs is retiring.

But the good news, I have amazing regens...who will replace my sold/retiring legends.
Central Midfielder Mike Eustace for free via youth recruitment.
View attachment 217520

Fullback Bob Hendricks for free via youth recruitment
View attachment 217521

Central Midfielder Connor Simon from PSG for 600K
View attachment 217523

Fullback Mathieu Lecoq from Montpellier for 2.2M
View attachment 217524

Central Defender Giuseppe Prestia from Palermo for 4.6M
View attachment 217526

Central Defener Giovanni Tognozzi from Varese for 850K
View attachment 217528

+ I bought som great bargains who have adjusted well to the team + Cleverly is an amazing left winger!
Marc-André ter Stegen joined for 12M (been good)
Lucas Digne joined for 5.25M (absolutly amazing)
Radja Nainggolan joined for 15M

Question remains...do I really need to buy anyone for next season :)
I am tempted to sell Ashley Young (had a 6.99 rating.) 19 (10) appearances.
Also tempted to sell Anderson (had a 7.05 rating.) 26 (9) appearances.
and a fullback...

Keepers
De Gea
ter Stegen
Dodd

FB
Hendriks
van der Wiel
Lecoq
Rafael
Fabio
Vrsaljko
Digne

CM
Smalling
Evans
Prestia
Tognozzi
Jones

CM
Nainggolan
Bertolacci
Pogba
Simon
Eustace
Hamsik
Anderson
Eriksen

Wingers
Di Maria
Nani
Valencia
Cleverly
Young

Strikers
Rooney
Welbeck
Hernandez

just started up a new season with LFCmarshall update. Its hard to get rid of Owen :( Had to agree to 48 months to get 6 million for Diouf. 12 million for Berbatov over 48 months :/ and a million if he scores 10 league goals. Can't recall Macheda cause he's at QPR and for some reason they can buy him for 14 million at any time :O :'( Do you guys having Rooney Welbeck and Hernandez will be good enough? Tempted to put keane out on loan but not too sure.

No plans to get any big signings unless they come avalaible at a stupid price. Cleverly will be given the chance with anderson in the middle. Pogba and Morrision will hopefully get some playing time elsewhere. Fletcher is out till next season :'(

just started up a new season with LFCmarshall update. Its hard to get rid of Owen :( Had to agree to 48 months to get 6 million for Diouf. 12 million for Berbatov over 48 months :/ and a million if he scores 10 league goals. Can't recall Macheda cause he's at QPR and for some reason they can buy him for 14 million at any time :O :'( Do you guys having Rooney Welbeck and Hernandez will be good enough? Tempted to put keane out on loan but not too sure.

No plans to get any big signings unless they come avalaible at a stupid price. Cleverly will be given the chance with anderson in the middle. Pogba and Morrision will hopefully get some playing time elsewhere. Fletcher is out till next season :'(

You don't really have to spend.
I play at home and away a single strike tactic but I have a backup 2 striker tactic. They all want playing time and Welbeck will complain if he doesnt get playing time, btw, Welbeck is amazing for me.

2nd season I dump Carrick and Fletcher because they underperform, lucky me I got two regens, one for free and one from France as MC whom are twice as good as fletcher and carrick. I do buy a quality MC to replace Carrick with and a 20s MC in the beginning.

What you need to think of...Vidic and Evra will have four seasons left, I let them go after my third season to make money. Carrick and Fletcher never performed amazing with me, so they left in second season. Young underperformed greatly for me while Cleverely has been an AMAZING left winger. Pogba should go out on loan so try and get him a loan contract (not your affiliates.) Jones is great and so is Rafael. I invested in a regen left fullback and I bought a 20s high quality right fullback. Your wingers are good, Valencia is amazing at the right flank so I bought di Maria since he is always on the market, and has done wonders for the team the second season after you buy him. It takes a season for him to land. Evra I did not have time to replace with a regen so I bought a 20s left fullback (Digne.) Vidic was replaced by an equally talented 20 year old regen from Italy, look at my earlier post end of third season for my regens. I also received a free right fullback english regen.

I am in my fourth season, looking to get rid of young and a right fullback I bought that has been underperforming. I don't really have to spend any money and I have a £70M transfer budget, the key is, send your scouts our to find at least 3 potential quality in the world, grab yourselves some regens.

If I was you and you want a quality midfielder, before City grabs them, Hazard from Lille or Gonso from Santos.

Last edited:
2nd season I dump Carrick and Fletcher because they underperform, lucky me I got two regens, one for free and one from France as MC whom are twice as good as fletcher and carrick. I do buy a quality MC to replace Carrick with and a 20s MC in the beginning.

What you need to think of...Vidic and Evra will have four seasons left, I let them go after my third season to make money. Carrick and Fletcher never performed amazing with me, so they left in second season. Young underperformed greatly for me while Cleverely has been an AMAZING left winger. Pogba should go out on loan so try and get him a loan contract (not your affiliates.) Jones is great and so is Rafael. I invested in a regen left fullback and I bought a 20s high quality right fullback. Your wingers are good, Valencia is amazing at the right flank so I bought di Maria since he is always on the market, and has done wonders for the team the second season after you buy him. It takes a season for him to land. Evra I did not have time to replace with a regen so I bought a 20s left fullback (Digne.) Vidic was replaced by an equally talented 20 year old regen from Italy, look at my earlier post end of third season for my regens. I also received a free right fullback english regen.

I am in my fourth season, looking to get rid of young and a right fullback I bought that has been underperforming. I don't really have to spend any money and I have a £70M transfer budget, the key is, send your scouts our to find at least 3 potential quality in the world, grab yourselves some regens.

If I was you and you want a quality midfielder, before City grabs them, Hazard from Lille or Gonso from Santos.

I play with 4-4-2 advanced wingers or 4-5-1. So happy with the squad i got so far. I have got a couple of scouts roaming in south america and i'm looking to send another to mexico and america.

what player role do you have for cleverly? winger attack or support? Well since IRL fletcher is out indefinetly LFCmarshall has put him suspended till next year. so i reckon i'll keep him and see how his stats are at the start of the second.

Does Fabio or Fryers turn into good players? I'll try send fryers out for loan this season if no one takes him i'll use him in the odd cup game. How is Pogba and Morrison turning out for you? I used to play rooney in the advanced forward role back in fm11, do you think he plays better as a target man or even an AMC?

Last edited:
I play with 4-4-2 advanced wingers or 4-5-1. So happy with the squad i got so far. I have got a couple of scouts roaming in south america and i'm looking to send another to mexico and america.

what player role do you have for cleverly? winger attack or support? Well since IRL fletcher is out indefinetly LFCmarshall has put him suspended till next year. so i reckon i'll keep him and see how his stats are at the start of the second.

Does Fabio or Fryers turn into good players? I'll try send fryers out for loan this season if no one takes him i'll use him in the odd cup game. How is Pogba and Morrison turning out for you? I used to play rooney in the advanced forward role back in fm11, do you think he plays better as a target man or even an AMC?

I play him as an attacker and he both scores and assists.
Last season I gave him 16 games, wish I could have done more, 6 goals, 4 assists at a 7.31 average rating.

Fryers did not for me but Fabio did until he was badly injured, now he has a setback and I fear he wont be the same. Morrison did not work out but Pogba is good, he has a leathal long shot for me so I am keeping him unless someone offers £15-20M.

Rooney I have has a deep lying forward with support in a 2 striker setup, in one strike setup he plays DLF or complete forward attack. He set a new goal record last season but was injured for 4 months in season three thanks to international games.

cheers mate :) I think i'll keep rooney as an advanced forward and when up alone a complete forward

What a joke first Rooney gets injured for the next 3-4 weeks just before the City game for the Community shield. Welbeck breaks his legs and is out 5-6 months because lescott sat on him.. Leaving Hernandez the only recognised striker. Did managed to score 2 goals during the game tho helping me to a 3-0 win. Going to have to recall will keane and dust owen off after being left to rot in the reserves :/

What a joke first Rooney gets injured for the next 3-4 weeks just before the City game for the Community shield. Welbeck breaks his legs and is out 5-6 months because lescott sat on him.. Leaving Hernandez the only recognised striker. Did managed to score 2 goals during the game tho helping me to a 3-0 win. Going to have to recall will keane and dust owen off after being left to rot in the reserves :/

Ashley Young can also play as a backup striker.