An Angel's Approach to Managing the Devils: A Manchester United Guide

Hi Raikan,

I was just going through the squad and I have 11 players out of contract this season, they pretty much are all first team/rotation players, so do you have any tips on ensuring wages stay at a minimum?

Is it possible to renegotiate my contract to something very small?

Should I get rid of maybe half my scouts?

PS that thread "Tips on making a profit" does not work anymore, it says page can't be found

Last edited:
who is the best player i can get to take over the Carrick role (playmaker)? is that Eriksen good enough? what stats should i check? i think he need to have dictate tempo,play simple passes and what else?

Thanks a lot, Nick

Eriksen is not that complete all rounded of a midfielder, he is more attacking mid, someone like Javi Martinez/Romulo/Axel Witsel etc will be better!

How much do you have? will give you a list of players :)

Hi Raikan,

I was just going through the squad and I have 11 players out of contract this season, they pretty much are all first team/rotation players, so do you have any tips on ensuring wages stay at a minimum?

Is it possible to renegotiate my contract to something very small?

Should I get rid of maybe half my scouts?

PS that thread "Tips on making a profit" does not work anymore, it says page can't be found

hey bud, I would make sure that under team policy you have not let the AM do this, rather do it yourself with all the players, just offer bigger signing bonuses and drop the wages down, dont try and lock any of the options though as if you **** them off, you won't have enough time to sort it out and offer them new contracts and risk losing them!

just see what they want and work from there, you wont be able to offer someone like Mata (who is one of your best players for eg a wage cut from 200k to 120k at the age of 28, he will laugh at you, just be reasonable)

I will check that out, cheers :)

that tips for making a profit is from another user, its not mine, not sure why its not working though...

Thanks for your tips Raikan, I will report back in awhile to tell you how I'm getting along

Last edited:
hey raikan007

i just started out fm2012. i'm a newbee to manager games so i'm going with your tactics. and they are impressive. totally dominating possession at home. i'm in my first season going through friendlies. sold anderson for 7mil and bought eriksen for the same value. pogba morrison macheda all out on loans and to good clubs as well. inter wants to buy fabio for 9mil pounds. should i sell him? any replacement? teaching rooney to play AM so he could fit in the home possession tactic of yours. not scoring though he. any good players i should buy? help me out here a bit
thanks mate

i just started out fm2012. i'm a newbee to manager games so i'm going with your tactics. and they are impressive. totally dominating possession at home. i'm in my first season going through friendlies. sold anderson for 7mil and bought eriksen for the same value. pogba morrison macheda all out on loans and to good clubs as well. inter wants to buy fabio for 9mil pounds. should i sell him? any replacement? teaching rooney to play AM so he could fit in the home possession tactic of yours. not scoring though he. any good players i should buy? help me out here a bit
thanks mate

you may want to keep Fabio until you find a regen who has the potential to play great at left back. I kept Fabio for 2/3 seasons to see how he develops but he did get injured a couple of times. I had a regen ready to replace him and Bale coming to the club ;P

thanks mate

I would keep hold of him or ask for twice the amount, remember they will become HG which is a bonus as well!

If you do sell him, then I would look at getting Aymen Abdennour - Toulouse to retrain as backup to Evra, he is pure quality :)

you said you managed to do a straight player exchange with OM for
Cesar Azipilicueta for Mame Biram Diouf. How exactly do you swap players directly? it doesnt have that option in the 'make an offer' menu does it?

thanks in advance

hey raikan007 and other users
your home tactic is awesome. i'm destroying teams at home but my away form aint that great. drawing to newcastle spurs and sunderland. even though the away tactic is fluid now. you have two away tactics. i'm using the complete one where you have 2 cm's and on counter. any suggestions? oh and one more thing if i the brazil league is not selected would i still be able to scout players as in would there be regens? thanks for your help

you said you managed to do a straight player exchange with OM for
Cesar Azipilicueta for Mame Biram Diouf. How exactly do you swap players directly? it doesnt have that option in the 'make an offer' menu does it?

thanks in advance

if a club is interested in your player, go into that club squads screen and right click on a player you want: for eg:

you are selling Agger and Real Madrid wanted him, right click on Verane and make an offer, set the price to 0 then click players to exchange drop down menu and select Agger from either the transfer listed drop down or click other which takes you to your squad screen :)

hey raikan007 and other users
your home tactic is awesome. i'm destroying teams at home but my away form aint that great. drawing to newcastle spurs and sunderland. even though the away tactic is fluid now. you have two away tactics. i'm using the complete one where you have 2 cm's and on counter. any suggestions? oh and one more thing if i the brazil league is not selected would i still be able to scout players as in would there be regens? thanks for your help

hey bud, glad its working at home, I suggest adopting my new Amazing tactic, its similar to M&M but better! this can be used at home and away

for regens, yes, they will be produced, you can send your scouts there! they just wont be as much as if you had it loaded up, I suggest adding it before the 1st June in add remove leagues :)

Eriksen is not that complete all rounded of a midfielder, he is more attacking mid, someone like Javi Martinez/Romulo/Axel Witsel etc will be better!

How much do you have? will give you a list of players :)

i have a 50m euros so i can afford anyone!! tell me the list and who u recommend more!! what do u think about Huddlestone,Andrea Poli,Strootman,Cigarini,Kuzmanovic,Mamaev?? thanks a lot u are the man

Last edited:
i have a 50m euros so i can afford anyone!! tell me the list and who u recommend more!! what do u think about Huddlestone,Andrea Poli,Strootman,Cigarini,Kuzmanovic,Mamaev?? thanks a lot u are the man

None of those to be honest, they are not Utd quality!

Javi Martinez/Montolivo/Hamsik/Vidal/Sissoko these are the players you need to look at ;)

Hi Raikan, one more question about the debt, haha

after a really succesful season i posted profits of 75 million pounds, as well as substantially reducing my wage bill by about 700,000 euros. I have all my funds placed into the wage bill (no summer signings planned apart from two youth prospects) and I'm curious does the debt slowly get reduced or do the owners pay it off in substantial chunks? how long do you think this process may take?

thank you, joey

Hi Raikan, one more question about the debt, haha

after a really succesful season i posted profits of 75 million pounds, as well as substantially reducing my wage bill by about 700,000 euros. I have all my funds placed into the wage bill (no summer signings planned apart from two youth prospects) and I'm curious does the debt slowly get reduced or do the owners pay it off in substantial chunks? how long do you think this process may take?

thank you, joey

I can't remember mate, but what you have done is the 1st step in bringing it down ;)

it depends, I would assume about 4 years of doing exactly what you have done now, not spending big in the windows and picking up players here and there for free etc with good regens being picked up for cheap as well :)

plus of course, winning comps :)

Hey raikan, dear friend! Im finally back from 6 months "holiday" from FM and cant wait to get started again! Im gonna start a save with my favorite team, man United and wich 2 ( home and away ) tactics would you recomend for 12.2? I see you have/use/refer to so many different tactics nowadays that im abit confused! Maybe the new "amazing" 4-2-4 for away and the "short and sweet" for easier games? Pls link me the 2 tactics you would recomend mate, ill be so happy! PS ; non classic versions please, i preffer the players roles/no arrows etc. Thanks again bro!!

Last edited: