An Englishman Abroad.....

• Thread starter Thread starter AndySams10
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 127
  • Views Views 16K
Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks for the likes and comments. Would be great to get a few new followers adding comments/feedback too. Cheers guys. :D

Going well so far Streaky, I'll be sure to Follo! ;) *buh-dum-tss* I'll grab my coat.

August 2013

100px-Follo_fotball.png

First Division
Saturday 3rd August 2013
Ski Stadion. Att: 1,100

Follo FK (1 - 0) Ull/Kisa
Markegard

Second win on the bounce and a victory against a side in the play off places. Eirik Markegard grabbed
the only goal of the game, when he headed home from close range.

First Division
Saturday 10th August 2013
Lerkendal. Att: 476

Ranheim (2 - 0) Follo FK

A disappointing loss, as a win would've put us 2nd in the league.

Following our loss at the weekend, I received a call from Malcolm Shotton, who was keen to come and be part of my backroom staff. After a quick chat with the former Carlisle scout and hearing some of his ideas and passion for the game, we decided it would be a big benefit to the squad in our final push for a surprise promotion to the Norwegian top flight. So I sent out a short term contract and welcomed Malcolm to the coaching team.

TRANSFER DEADLINE DAY

With the transfer deadline day upon us, our Director of Football Ole Martin Arst came to me and offered me a list of potential signings who were available on the cheap. Whilst I was going through the list, I received a call from my Chairman, who informed me of an offer made for Markus Elvenes, as Markus has been unhappy lately I felt it best that he left the club.

View attachment 322652

Vamouti Diomande - Vamouti was the only player to stick out from the list that was presented to me by our Director of Football. He will come in and play on the left of my attacking three in the Inside Forward role and will have Formose Pape Mendy as competition for his position.

First Division
Sunday 18th August 2013
Finnmarkshallen. Att: 858

Alta (1 - 3) Follo FK
Andreasson, Vestvatn, Markegard

A Man of the Match performance by new signing Vamouti Diomande was the main factor
behind our emphatic win. First he set up Andreasson, with an inswinging cross after beating the full back,
then he slipped a through ball into the path of Oystein Vestvatn
who calmly slotted past the keeper and his third assist, was a header across the area into the path of
leadind scorer Eirik Markegard, who smashed home our third to seal the win.

First Division
Saturday 24th August 2013
Ski Stadion. Att: 1,128

Follo FK (0 - 1) Notodden

Very poor performance today, as we slipped to a disappointing loss.
We out played ourvisitors from the kick off, but failed to take any of our chances and as has happened so many times,
our failure to do so resulted in the away side scoring with a rare attack.

View attachment 322653

Our failure to win our last game ruined our chance to move upto 2nd in the league, and as a result the slip up allowed other team in the play off positions to close any gaps there were.
The signing of Diomande will definately add more of an attacking threat and as we have failed on a number of occasions to finish teams off, I'm hoping he will be the difference in us claiming a play off spot at the end of the season.

September 2013

100px-Follo_fotball.png

First Division
Sunday 1st September 2013
Nadderud Stadion. Att: 4,952

Stabaek (1 - 1) Follo FK
Markegard

A good draw against strong opposition, as we evenly matched them throughout.
We took the lead thanks to a fine team goal, which was rounded off by Markegard placing the ball
into the net from 6 yards. We were infront until the 86th minute, as the opposition forward latched onto
a through ball and slotted home the equaliser.

First Division
Sunday 8th September 2013
Ski Stadion. Att: 1,041

Follo FK (3 - 1) Grorud
Diomande, Vestvatn, Markegard

A great comeback, as we found ourselves 1 nil down at the break after a poor half.
The second half was much better and we equalised thanks to Diomande, who grabbed his
1st for the club, when he smashed the ball home from close range. Vestvatn put us ahead with a smart finish and
Markegard sealed the win with a header from a corner.

First Division
Saturday 14th September 2013
Sarpsborg Stadion. Att: 3,104

Sarpsborg 08 (1 - 0) Follo FK

We can't seem to put an unbeaten run together and today was no different.
We were beaten by a goal from a set piece, as the hosts got their own back from
our previous victory over them.

First Division
Saturday 21st September 2013
Ski Stadion. Att: 1,014

Follo FK (1 - 0) Fyllingsdalen
Markegard

Back to winning ways today and we made hard of the win.
Eirik Markegard continued his fine goalscoring run, as he scored the winner, finishing off
a fine move with a simple header.

First Division
Sunday 29th September 2013
Ski Stadion. Att: 1,222

Follo FK (1 - 2) Tromsdalen
Diomande

Poor performance, as again we threw away points and in a game that we lead.Vamouti Diomande gave us the lead on the 12th minute sweeping home from the edge of the area to give
us a half time lead. Into the 2nd half and we were pegged back immediately in the 55th minute and then
20 minutes later the visitors midfielder secured the win.

View attachment 322771

Very frustrating month and our inconsistancy has cost us dearly, as we've now slipped down to 6th place, which is the last play off place. Despite the recent indifferent form, we are only 2 points off 2nd place and automatic promotion, but with 5 games left of the season we have to start to put a decent run together to make sure our great effort so far doesn't go to waste.

October/November 2013

100px-Follo_fotball.png

First Division
Sunday 6th October 2013
Aspmyra. Att: 2,907

Bodo/Glimt (3 - 0) Follo FK

This evenings game was our biggest to date, as we played the above us in 5th.
We were awful today, as nerves and the prospect of getting promotion, looks like it
has started to affect the players.

First Division
Sunday 13th October 2013
Viking Stadion. Att: 1,449

Bryne (2 - 1) Follo FK
Diomande

The big games were coming thick and fast and todays opponents were sitting 3rd and
despite our previous loss, a win today would've catapulted us into 4th place.

We took the lead in the 60th minute, when Vamouti Diomande scored with a neat left footed
finish. But again we couldn't see the game out and 2 quick fire goals condemmed us to our 3rd
straight league defeat.

First Division
Friday 18th October 2013
Ski Stadion. Att: 1,004

Follo FK (1 - 0) Floy
Diomande

All I wanted from the players this evening was a response and I got it and the 3 valuable points.
Though our play looked very inconsistant and nervy, Vamouti Diomande grabbed his second
goal in as many matches, as we limped to a much needed win.

First Division
Sunday 27th October 2013
Ski Stadion. Att: 1,157

Follo FK (3 - 1) Strommen
Markegard, Karoliussen, Leivadiotis

Another much needed 3 points, as we kept up our challenge for a play off place.
The performance was much better too, as it seems we enjoy playing at home more than we do
away. The leagues leading scorer Eirik Markegard put us on our way with a fine finish from just
inside the area, but we were pegged back immediately when straight from the re-start
the opposition equalised. Into the second half and we put our mark on the game and sealed the
win through goals by Patrik Karoliussen and Stefanos Leivadiotis.

November 2013

100px-Follo_fotball.png

First Division
Sunday 3rd November 2013
Nye Fredrikstad Stadion. Att: 12,252

Fredrikstad (3 - 0) Follo FK

The league champions waited us today in our final game of the season and though they had wrapped up the league, they
continued to show why they are the best team by far in this league.
The loss meant our play off hopes, were now out of our hands and we had to wait to
see if Kongsvinger won their game gainst already relegated Floy.

View attachment 322967

The wait was over and the Kongsvinger result was in.........they lost 4 - 1 to relegated Floy, which meant we had sealed the last play off place.
Naturally I'm delighted we have over achieved and beat the odds to finish in 6th place, which will bring a nice lump sum of cash for our final league standing. But being the realist that I am, I'm worried about how we will cope playing against the teams above us in the play off games, as our previous meetings against them show we haven't done very well.

Playoff games and next update will be posted later. How is everyone enjoying it so far?

Appreciate some more feedback please guys. :D

Thanks.

holy **** man doing well i just got my guernsey team up by the playoff most stress i have ever had and its just a game but good luck mate dont think you will need it

holy **** man doing well i just got my guernsey team up by the playoff most stress i have ever had and its just a game but good luck mate dont think you will need it

Cheers buddy. I'm nervous to load the game up and play the play offs, lol. Will do when I get back from coaching later.
Well done with your Guernsey game, you got a story about it?
Appreciate the comments mate. Thanks. :D

Good job man, I always enjoy and follow your stories and I thoroughly enjoy this one too. Keep it up mate, and even if you won't get that promotion in the end, it's still a way above average season.

Cheers buddy. I'm nervous to load the game up and play the play offs, lol. Will do when I get back from coaching later.
Well done with your Guernsey game, you got a story about it?
Appreciate the comments mate. Thanks. :D
i dont have the talent to do a story but there is 1 with a guernsey story by mojo and if you read it there is no way i could do what he did

Good job man, I always enjoy and follow your stories and I thoroughly enjoy this one too. Keep it up mate, and even if you won't get that promotion in the end, it's still a way above average season.

Cheers mate, appreciate it. Yeah Definately, promotion would be amazing, but still a great season. Plus could be a twist, as I haven't been offered a new contract yet and mine runs out at end of the season!! :)

i dont have the talent to do a story but there is 1 with a guernsey story by mojo and if you read it there is no way i could do what he did

Ahh ok mate, I'll keep you entertain with this story and any others I do in the future. Just about to enter the play off games. :)

Ahh ok mate, I'll keep you entertain with this story and any others I do in the future. Just about to enter the play off games. :)

thanks good luck i will pray to the footballing gods ie king eric

good luck with the play offs, would be great to see you get promotion bud

November 2013(cont...)

100px-Follo_fotball.png

First Division Play Off - 1st Round
Wednesday 13th November 2013
DnB NOR Arena. Att: 607

Ranheim (0 - 1) Follo FK
Vestvatn

A convincing win against a team that finished 3rd and 5 points ahead of us.
We were the better team on the day dominating possesion and efforts on goal, but it wasn't until
the 50th minute that we broke the dead lock. Oystein Vestvatn broke the offside trap and confidently
placed the ball past the on-coming keeper.

First Division Play Off - 2nd Round
Saturday 16th November 2013
Viking Stadion. Att: 1,016

Bryne (1 - 2) Follo FK
Stormoen Raddum, Vestvatn

Another great win and a second away victory on the bounce, something we haven't achievedfor a while.
We were level at the break after an evenly matched 1st half, but in the 2nd half, we started to dominate and
Centre Back Halvor Stormoen Raddum nodded us into the lead from a corner. Soon after we doubled
our lead when Inside Forward Oystein Vestvatn finished off from close range after the keeper parried a close range effort.
The hosts scored a consolation with a few minutes remaining, but we held on to face Premier Division side
Odd, in the final that will decide if they stay up or we get promoted and take their place.

After both the fantastic wins in the Play Offs, I received a phone call from our Chairman's PR lady, asking me to go to the clubs stadium and meet Ole Bjorn Fausa for an urgent chat.

Ole Bjorn Fausa: " Hi Andy, Thanks for coming at short notice. "

Me: " No worries, what do you want? "

Ole Bjorn Fausa: " First of all, well done on getting the team to the final of the Play Offs, I'm very
excited by the prospect of getting promoted. "

Me: " Thanks, but we do face a difficult 2 legs against Odd, but we will give it our best. "

Ole Bjorn Fausa: " I know you will Andy. Well, the main reason behind you coming is, that when we win promotion,
I've had lots of agents contacting me informing me of more experience Managers who are keen on taking
the Managers job from you. Now I've told them I'm happy with what you have done, but I wanted to be open
and honest with you, that if we get promoted I'm not sure what decision I will take, which is why I haven't
offered you a new contract yet. "

Me: " Oh right, so you are telling me no matter the result of the final, I may not have a job at the
end of the season!! Well, I can't say I'm impressed, but I will, as always give my all to bring success in our
next 2 games. But for now, I think this meeting has finished. Good Bye. "

After hearing what I just listened to from our Chairman, someone who I thought I could trust and who had confidence in me, I sat in my car in the stadium car park. I couldn't believe it, I was now experiencing what many Managers do in the world of football, being stabbed in the back by Agents and Chairmen, just so they can get to the top quicker by hiring and firing, rather than giving Managers and Coaches time to build something special over a few years.
I calmed myself down and headed back to my appartment to ponder my tactics and starting 11, ready for 2 of the biggest games in my career so far and put any thoughts on my future to the back of my mind until after the Play Off Final.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back