Andy Gray Leaves Sky Sports

• Thread starter Thread starter DMF
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 198
  • Views Views 11K

Did he deserve to be sacked?

• Total voters
The fact that Charlotte didn't even react to him saying it shows she knows it was banter..

That's poor. Nobody had even heard of that before today, yet apparently he was warned over it :$

Exactly, Would be different if she made a complaint about it when it happened which I doubt she did. Probably a bit of continues banter they have on nights out and stuff.

this is the biggest load of bollocks ever....... sexist my ****....... ITS CALLED BANTER

How many times have you herd a woman say something along the lines of men cant multi task, isnt that sexist? would i expect someone to lose their job if they said that to me at work? NO

This country is getting ridiculous......

This. I've had about enough of this now, everything and everyone are so serious, you can't even crack a joke without being condemned. Sad day for football losing him, even if I don't particularly like the guy. He's been synonomous with the sport as I have grown up watching it develop.

I hate the British media, and the sad fools that buy into their bull

The poll should be deleted, or edited to remove the bias.

As for the topic itself... can't say I care much about Gray. He is annoying; however, they are setting a precedent with this and you can expect everyone to be walking on eggshells while broadcasting now.

Don't understand this really. It'd be far easier to take if he made these comments on-air.

Now when was this? Motr stuff Gray being a ****? Is this recent?

If you actually read through the thread you will see the video, Was also on the news it happened in december and has just been brought up ;)

Don't know who made the poll as I was offline when it was made, but whoever put (HINT: YES) in the title is being silly.. If possible can it be removed or edited accordingly please.

Leave the poll, just because it says "Hint: yes" shouldn't really persuade anyone, everyone has their own opinion.

comments were fine its a mans game after all!!

terrible that sky have allowed him to leave, wont be the same without mr gray

You think the people who play the game are men?
Have you seen Ronaldo play?

Although he can be highly annoying, sky and fifa will never be the same. Absolute joke imo, hopefully sky don't sack keys as well.

Although he can be highly annoying, sky and fifa will never be the same. Absolute joke imo, hopefully sky don't sack keys as well.

I woudn't miss Keys anyway if he went he woud'nt be missed like Andy Gray will

Its a pretty lame reason to sack a bloke. You probably see worse directed at men on any episode of loose women. Seems to me its perfectly acceptable for women to make sexually suggestive jokes towards men but not the other way round.
if it was for the one off i'd probably agree, but when you've been warned for it once before, you're asking for trouble regardless of the offence

if it was for the one off i'd probably agree, but when you've been warned for it once before, you're asking for trouble regardless of the offence

was he punished for his earlier comment? I say just give him a small fine or not allow him to commentate for a couple of games and move on. Sacking is a bit OTT tbh

He was warned about the second offence (the comments about Sian Massey). The new evidence was stuff that happened in December, and now they've sacked him for it. He hadn't been warned about the previous one in December, as nobody knew about it until today and now they've decided to sack him for it because they warned him in January '11 about his future conduct :$

Makes no sense if you ask me..

Andy Gray should sue sky sports for releasing the comments if the public didnt hear nothing would of happen

Fair play to Sky I reckon. It would have come out sooner or later and they've got to distance themselves from this sort of stuff. If it had been swept under the carpet and then leaked a few months down the line they would have been much worse off.

Plus he's allegedly on 40k a week!

Also, how's it going to impact on the FIFA games? Do Sky help make them or something?

Back