Is there anyone in here who could help me a little bit. How would you lineup Southampton? :)

I'd picked something like that if we take the default team but with few transfers it can be greatly improved to suite better for the tactic

sutfix11.png

Ok TTF,
But why you don't use Winger role ?

Ehhh... unfortunately, some important PIs are locked for Winger role and that’s why I prefer to WM role instead

BUMP

TACTIC HAS BEEN UPDATED TO V7

CHANGES:

- tweaked the dribbling settings of ML/MR positions

IMPORTANT:

Now you need ML to be left footed and MR to be right footed

The training, filters and attributers have been updated. There are changes for ML/MR positions

Guys, I've finally managed to find some way how to test the dribbling settings for ML/MR positions to clearly see what settings are the best and now this question is closed for me once and for all. :)

I can say for sure that the current dribbling settings of ML/MR positions in V7 are the best for the tactic and it gives about 25-30% boost to the tactic performance, of course, if your ML is left footed and MR is right footed.

P.S. Yup, Wingers is the way to go in FM16 ;)

TFF acording to the importance to the tactic do you agree with this ?
WM>ST>CD>WB>GK>MCR>MCL

if you have a left footed striker and a right footed striker, is it best to have the left footed striker on the left of the two or on the right of the two...or maybe it dont make much difference?

Used TFF tactics with great success last year. This year I have struggled with them and have been using my own. However, this is the best of the lot!

if you have a left footed striker and a right footed striker, is it best to have the left footed striker on the left of the two or on the right of the two...or maybe it dont make much difference?
as i remember tff said that the left footed on the right and right striker on the left, also your stcl need to be fast cuz he move alot

I guess if a player is "Either" footed then I can use him at ML and MR positions?

that's great but there is a problem.In every match i have 5-6 cards and 1 red what can i do?

unless you're thinking of the training for M R/L positions, i'm a bit confused by the statement, as your tactics use wide midfielders oO)

Winger is a wide player that runs down the flank with ball and when he run with ball down the flank then he uses the same foot with the flank to control the ball.

Inside Forward is a wide player that cuts inside with ball and when he cuts inside with ball from the flank to the center of the pitch he uses opposite foot to the flank he plays to control the ball.

Wide Midfielder is a generic role that might be tweaked into Winger and into Inside Forward

In this tactic I use Wide Midfielder role instead of Winger role because I can easily tweak Wide Midfielder into Winger and plus Wide Midfielder role has much more customization than Winger role and I can tune it better.

Hope that helps. ;)

BUMP

TACTIC HAS BEEN UPDATED TO V7

CHANGES:

- tweaked the dribbling settings of ML/MR positions

IMPORTANT:

Now you need ML to be left footed and MR to be right footed

The training, filters and attributers have been updated. There are changes for ML/MR positions

Guys, I've finally managed to find some way how to test the dribbling settings for ML/MR positions to clearly see what settings are the best and now this question is closed for me once and for all. :)

I can say for sure that the current dribbling settings of ML/MR positions in V7 are the best for the tactic and it gives about 25-30% boost to the tactic performance, of course, if your ML is left footed and MR is right footed.

P.S. Yup, Wingers is the way to go in FM16 ;)

Last edited:
If I have a player with left foot rating "fairly strong" can I play him in the left?

If I have a player with left foot rating "fairly strong" can I play him in the left?

He'll be just less efficient than a player that has "Strong" or "Very Strong" rating for the left foot... that's all.

Heh, you can use a striker that has only 10 "Finishing" attribute if you don't have any better ;) but I'm sure that you understand that it would be better if you use a striker that has 16+ "Finishing" attribute. ;)

The foot's rating works the same way as the attributes works, it varies from "1" to "20" and it also costs CA:

1 – 4 = "Very Weak"
5 – 8 = "Weak"
9 – 11 = "Reasonable"
12 – 14 = "Fairly Strong"
15 – 17 = "Strong"
18 – 20 = "Very Strong"

Hello TFF, first off all excellent job! Just a quick question, regarding the 2 strikers, should we use left footed on the STCL and right footed on the STCR? Does it make a measurable difference?

Thanks in advance, keep it up!

Last edited:
Winger is a wide player that runs down the flank with ball and when he run with ball down the flank then he uses the same foot with the flank to control the ball.

Inside Forward is a wide player that cuts inside with ball and when he cuts inside with ball from the flank to the center of the pitch he uses opposite foot to the flank he plays to control the ball.

Wide Midfielder is a generic role that might be tweaked into Winger and into Inside Forward

In this tactic I use Wide Midfielder role instead of Winger role because I can easily tweak Wide Midfielder into Winger and plus Wide Midfielder role has much more customization than Winger role and I can tune it better.

Hope that helps. ;)

It did thx, just wondered a bit about the choice, as most AM r/l is better rated for a winger position when they're moved down to play M r/l position.
Then there is players who just plays amazing on both M and AM position - tried that with Lincoln, as WM in a Juventus save with one of your previous 4-4-2 tactics and as IF in a Monaco save with Monaco, lots of assists and goals from both positions :D

It's a shame that there are so many exotically named positions like raumdeter, trequista etc, and you want to build your team around these types of players, however they prove inefficient in the current ME. Tweaked 4-4-2 formations utilising good crossing fullbacks, wingers seems to produce the best and most consistent results. However I am still a huge fan of wrath v5 balanced, I like the way it plays but the results are sometimes inconsistent.

It did thx, just wondered a bit about the choice, as most AM r/l is better rated for a winger position when they're moved down to play M r/l position.

The position's rating that you see on your screen is totally "cosmetic" thing and it's no more than your assistant manager's opinion about how good this player for the role and his opinion based on the default instructions for the role but the thing is that he isn't able to recognize any modifications that were made to the role, speaking other words, he isn't able to see that Wide Midfielders were tweaked into wingers... maybe in the future FM versions AI will be able to recognize all modifications that were made to the roles but right now everything is much more simpler ;)

As I said the position rating was made for beginners FM players to give them at least some hints about players' suitability for positions and if you see that some player has only "1 star" rating for position then it doesn't mean that he'll be playing very poorly because as I said it's only your assistant manager's oppinion and this rating won't be used in Match Engine And how player performs during matches doesn't depend on the rating that assistant manager gives him and his performance depends on his attributes, morale, conditions and ability to play at the position(Natural/Accomplished/Competent).

Hello TFF, first off all excellent job! Just a quick question, regarding the 2 strikers, should we use left footed on the STCL and right footed on the STCR? Does it make a measurable difference?

Thanks in advance, keep it up!

It does't have crucial importance but if you can choose then put your right footed striker at STCL position and your left footed striker at STCR position.

What's more important that your strikers have at least "Fairly Strong" rating for their weak foot because it gives a very solid advantages.

Last edited:
they're moved down to play M r/l position.

Mate, please notice that the "the star rating" and "percentage circle rating" are cosmetic things but there's some "real" thing such as the players' ability to play at specific position and it might be "Natural/Accomplished/Competent and some other" and if you see that your players doesn't have at least "Accomplished" rating for the position that he plays then you should train him to play this position until he reaches at least "Accomplished" rating for it.

Athletic Bilbao!

Update on the challenge I started on page 55. Next season we lost BBVA to Madrid, but won Spanish Cup and... that!View attachment 153520
Was tough, broke through quarterfinals by shootouts, semifinals - by away goal.

Managed to buy Grizzman, joins us this summer.

Was using v5 up to winter break, then V7. Had to train positions to my wide midfielders since in Athletic they are more into cut inside :)

Also, my assman seems to tweak somehow instant result tactic. Had crazy numbers at home games like 8-0, 7-1, 7-0 instantresulting some of not important games. My team isn't that strong, when I play myself against weaker opponents I can't make it to 7-0 or something.

Man Marked Setting?

Fabulous tac! Quick question: What about man-marked setting? Should I let Messi or Ronaldo run free like any common striker does or what? Sorry if this topic has discussed earlier. I must missed it.

Salam from Indonesia.

Back