Im using the 4-4-1-1 tweakened tactic from sean. I have a small question, what to do if a player gets a red card? Should i remove the trequartista? The advanced forward? Thanks

i allways take the af off

God tactic!

I tried with milan and finally completed 1st season...i always gave up, but not this time. I won Serie A with 1 point more than ladris. It was really tight.

The only problem is yellow/red cards...about 100 yelow cards and 12 red!

Thanks!

Last edited:
Please could someone who understands this game help me out?

First season with Man City, using the original Arrigo Sacchi 4-4-2 we won the double, really enjoyable season View attachment 342199

New season and I decided to try out one of these tweaks, The Gonzo 4-2-3-1, mainly to get the best out of David Silva as he isn't the best ML. It just isn't working very well at all! Here's the current table...
View attachment 342200

Here's my team...
View attachment 342201

And here's my results...
View attachment 342202

Has anyone any idea why the sudden downturn in fortune?

@ silky,

Maybe use the tweaked version of Sean. I use it and it's very stable. With the one you've used there's much space in midfield. It's just an idea.

Can anyone tell me what tweaks to use if im going to use gonzos tactic, is it the one about defenders or wingers marking??????

Can anyone tell me what tweaks to use if im going to use gonzos tactic, is it the one about defenders or wingers marking??????

If you look back a couple of pages, you would see my post about OB.
I used. Page 8, post #75 - "4-4-1-1" Trequartista (from seanhrfc).
Come on, don't be lazy..

I'm not being lazy as i have read all the posts. I just didn't know if the tweaks people are talking about are changing the bpd to cd (d) or changing wingers to manmark fb/wid mids?
Maybe im being stupid but not lazy.

I'm not being lazy as i have read all the posts. I just didn't know if the tweaks people are talking about are changing the bpd to cd (d) or changing wingers to manmark fb/wid mids?
Maybe im being stupid but not lazy.

You are lazy, not stupid :)

I did following changes...i changed ballplaying defenders to normal defenders-central defenders. I changed through balls from sometimes to rarely, because i dont have good technical defenders. I didnt change anything with this marking bulllshit...and i did just fine. I won serie a and italian cup 1st season...pretty good for average squad with milan.

Here is my tactics:

View attachment 343035

View attachment 343036

View attachment 343037

Dont bother with last attachment...just download top 3 attachments.
View attachment 343037

Enjoy ;)

Last edited:
Thanks Diavolo.
I have the tactics, i just wasn't sure what tweaks worked best.

Cheers again.

Could you link a SS where you play your players? Im quite interested in why you didnt link Hazard as he normally do quite well.

what tactics from the five are better?
It depends on your team really.

I had great results with the narrow 4231 using Real Madrid, but they would fail with one of the MR/ML formations. Likewise, the Brazil 1970 tactic is perfect for Spurs (add Wellington Nem for the AMR position) but they would struggle a bit with the narrow 4231.

seanhrfc's trequartista tweak is a killer if you have someone decent for that role.

my team is bvb and i have falcao,marco reus,tello from barca,leitner and Wellington Nem.what do you suggest?

I'll tell you what I do (to great effect), I play 4-4-2 against 4-4-2/4-4-1-1, I play 4-2-3-1 (wingers) against 4-1-2-2-1/4-2-3-1 and I play 4-2-3-1 (narrow 3amc's) against narrow opponents like Man City.

Works a beaut.

so which tactic is the best ???

For me 4-4-1-1...because of inside forward/wingback partnerhip(the 1st one cutting, the 2nd one use his space, which is made by forward and cross...works like a charm ;)) and trequartista in the middle. And also because of anchor, because i want to have 1 DMC to stay back all the time.

God tactic!

@ Gonzo

Is the AMC on Playmaker (Ticked) And Target Man (Ticked) on the same player for a reason?
Or was it a mistake and the Target Man should of been the Striker (Advanced Forward) and not AMC in your tweak?

@ Gonzo

Is the AMC on Playmaker (Ticked) And Target Man (Ticked) on the same player for a reason?
Or was it a mistake and the Target Man should of been the Striker (Advanced Forward) and not AMC in your tweak?
Hey mate, well the Amc is supposed to be the playmaker and the target man. That way he will get the ball as much as possible so that he can score and create goals. He is your most important player on the pitch. Hope that helped you mate :)

Which of the Tweaks or Original would you recommend with this team and what signings you'll suggest

Sorry don't have a screenshot

GK
Lloris

RB
Walker
Naughton

LB
Alaba
Alex Sandro

CB
Jan Vertonghen
Inigo Martinez
Caulker
Bellusci

DMC
M'Vila
Sandro

MC/ AMC
Verratti
Holtby
Sigurdsson

RM
Yarmalenko
Lamela

LM
Hazard
Regen

ST
Rodrigo
Destro
Leandro
Benzema

Thanks for your help

I used Spurs as my test team for the Brazil tactic. They are a perfect fit. I used Wellington Nem in the AMR position, but Lamela should be fine there instead if he is left (or either) footed.

Use Yarmelenko on the left. Hazard won't be any good unless you flip the tactic and buy a right winger. He might be good for the Pele role though.

Last edited: