Arsene's Revenge - Getting Chelsea Relegated

This is what I love about Football Managers, it's the little things, the mini stories inside of bigger stories.

It's November, a third of the season has gone, and we have our first game of the season against Chelsea. It's the annual whack a Chelsea day!

For a bit of banter, Mancini declared Sanchez as the weak link in our team.

View attachment 211279

I laughed him off, but I wasn't done yet. It's time to give Chelsea a little taste of my Hot Chile!

View attachment 211278

I made Sanchez the centre of my attack, with a supporting trio of Neymar, Hazard and Messi.

I changed my instructions for all my supporting cast to shoot less, pass more, to give my little Chilean the most chance to score.

The result? 5-0 win and a Player of the Match performance from Sanchez.

Suck on that Mancini

View attachment 211275

Even though I'm a Chelsea fan I'm enjoying this mate. I remember back in FM14 Arsenal actually got relegated in the first season!!! Madness. Great work though KIU man.

Gotta love to see Mancini's face after the match against Arsenal.
Yeah, I don't actually like him in real life either. He complains way too much for my liking.

Even though I'm a Chelsea fan I'm enjoying this mate. I remember back in FM14 Arsenal actually got relegated in the first season!!! Madness. Great work though KIU man.
Thanks bro, you are the second Chelsea fan to comment here :) appreciate it! I think the other bloke is going to try and get Arsenal relegated hehe

I'm loving your story so far and as a Arsenal fan it feels me with pleasure that you are doing so well with Arsenal. But is there a possibility that you can post your teams match intructions? That would be great cause i cant get my Arsenal above 4th place lol and i think that your match instructions can make the difference for me.

I'm loving your story so far and as a Arsenal fan it feels me with pleasure that you are doing so well with Arsenal. But is there a possibility that you can post your teams match intructions? That would be great cause i cant get my Arsenal above 4th place lol and i think that your match instructions can make the difference for me.
Are you still on your first season?

Obviously with my team now, the instructions are a little more attacking than I had when I first started with Arsenal :)

For me, one of the key things was individual player instructions, especially to get the most out of Ozil.

Ozil - move into channels to make space, get forward, risky passes (to make the best use out of his vision and 20 passing)

Giroud is a great striker in the game and I found hard to find a replacement for him in the first 2 seasons. He works well interchanging with Walcott. Just like real life it was hard to find a outright better striker for reasonable amounts. Once Oxlade started peaking, at one stage I was playing Ox - Sanchez - Walcott, with Sanchez spear heading my attack.

Don't think even The Special One can save Chelsea...

I may be a bad person but... I hope he doesn't, indeed.

I think it's just meant to be. Mourinho coming back to Chelsea just in time to see it get relegated :)

I am trying my absolute best, but since the January window they have put together a few wins and right now just sit above the relegation zone.

Just read this whole thread but don't think I saw any mention of poaching Chelsea's staff. Might be something to consider, see if you can nab his physios, scouts and coaches. :)

Last edited:
Just read this whole thread but don't think I saw any mention of poaching Chelsea's staff. Might be something to consider, see if you can nab his physios, scouts and coaches. :)

That's a great idea! My only concern is that they are more of a long term play and I don't think they would be too hard to replace?