Arteta would consider England

What happens if England play Spain will Arteta play his heart out against his own country

Kevin Prince Boateng was immense for Ghana against Germany in the WC who are his own country.

You pull on the shirt you get paid and you do your job, if your birth country have overlooked you surely you'd give 110% to show them what they were missing?

- Jérôme Agyenim Boateng (German pronunciation: [ʒeˈʁoːm bo.aˈtɛŋ]; born 3 September 1988 in Berlin-Wilmersdorf) is a German international footballer who currently plays for Manchester City.

- David Odonkor (born 21 February 1984 in Bünde, West Germany) is a German footballer who currently plays for Real Betis. Born to a German mother and a Ghanaian father, he usually plays as a right winger.

- Sinkiewicz was born in Poland, but i was only referring to members of the World Cup squad sorry if i missed any,

cool. i thought odonkor and boateng were of ghanaian desent, didn't realise they were born in germany :)

so what use are saying use would give 110% if use where in Arteta's shoes against England because i wouldn't play well against Scotland if it was me

colin kazim richards isn't likely to try less hard against england - of course Arteta would give 100% for us against spain

Last edited:
so what use are saying use would give 110% if use where in Arteta's shoes against England because i wouldn't play well against Scotland if it was me
Then you would be slaughtered by the media, and have scottish **** bandits trying to rape you!

You mean against Spain? And yes i would, even though it would never happen as i am a Sunday league footballer at best and am only elegible for England. Like i said before, if he makes his choice to play for England he pulls on the shirt, wears the 3 lions with pride gives 110% no matter who we're playing.

I'm sure Podolski, Klose and Trochowski wouldn't play Sh*t for Germany against Poland.

if anything it would galvanise me to try even harder - my national team hasn't picked me and i'm 28 - i'd want to show them what they were missing

even if it was world cup final - obviously i'd be happy if my country was world champions but first and foremost i'd play for my own success and i would want to win the game regardless of my opponent

Fair enough most people want Arteta to play for England but like i said in an earlier post i'm extremely sure the home nations have an agreement not to play people with non British blood

I don't think he would play for England. I'm sure he will keep the door open for a call up but he will hold on until he knows for sure that he won't get a call up from Spain and I'm almost positive that he would get a call up just to annoy England. Anyways the gentlemans agreement is there for a reason so I doubt it will ever happen and who is to say that Scotland won't try to pick him up? He might look at the players that England have and decide he doesn't want to take a chance on getting into the team just to be kicked out soon afterwards for someone younger and he did spend 2 years in Scotland before he went to England.
If Arteta gets called up then you can say goodbye to international football as all the big teams will be encouraged to pick up young wonderkids from other nations so they can can play for England

I wouldnt agree with it at all. In my eyes he is Spanish, and if he isnt good enough to get into the spanish team then how can he be good enough to help us become better than Spain?

SPAIN > england

And its not about the players... if its about the players i would show you some WC2010 results.... and you would probably understand that you're wrong ;)

We should call him Micheal Arteta, that might be it... 8-|

You wouldn't even need to try hard against that world class scottish team 8-|

Fair enough most people want Arteta to play for England but like i said in an earlier post i'm extremely sure the home nations have an agreement not to play people with non British blood

Hargreaves to deny.

Why do people keep mentioning Hargreaves? He has an English bloodline so he is allowed to play for England. Why else do you think that he was getting capped without playing for an English club? Use some common sense ;)

Hargreaves could've played for Wales too. They tried to get him for their Under-21s.

Edit -- my half-drunk m8 just told me that so don't quote me on it lol :)

Last edited:
i think he could a lot to the squad. i think a few of the more seasoned midfileders should be replaced anyway.

Killing the game with foreigners playing for the national team is not really the point,what I'm trying to get at is that if the likes of Croatia,Spain and Japan can have Brazilian players in their national side,then surely a Spanish player should too?

I might not be making any sense by babbling on but the Home Nations rule,imo,has gone to waste.It's no longer something that has been enforced with much media attention in recent times and,despite the information on rugby and the English and Welsh playing scrum halves that have players from the opposing team,it just doesn't seem fair.

It's not 'killing the game' but killing the Celtic national teams and their national leagues.

How do you decide whether a player should play for England, Wales or Scotland by virtue of taking out British nationality? Random chance? Who'll pay more for his services? And if British = English like you want it to mean, then UEFA and FiFA will then decide we should be scrapping the Home Nations.

Not sure what 'fair' has to do with it really mate. Either the Home Nations swerve setting a precedent which will result in just one British team or we all start planning how to integrate the Welsh and Scottish league system with the English league system as we form one 'British league'. TNS for the Premier League? They've played more Champion's League qualifiers than Spurs and City after all....