Associazione Calcio Milan Thread- ALL things red and black.

I didn't see it but from what I heard Milan were lucky to get away with 4-0, Napoli were on fire apparently. Sad for Milan but pleased for Napoli, they're my two favourite Italian teams

I didn't see it but from what I heard Milan were lucky to get away with 4-0, Napoli were on fire apparently. Sad for Milan but pleased for Napoli, they're my two favourite Italian teams

Yeah 2 shots on target for Milan is dreadful. Sooner they get the defense sorted and stop thinking about stikers the better. Baffles me how a team that used to be known for their defenders now don't have even 1 that you could consider top class, let alone world class :(

Yeah 2 shots on target for Milan is dreadful. Sooner they get the defense sorted and stop thinking about stikers the better. Baffles me how a team that used to be known for their defenders now don't have even 1 that you could consider top class, let alone world class :(

Sure it will be top of Ancelotti's list next summer. ;).

Player Focus: WhoScored's Top Rated Young Full-Backs

How things have changed eh Scouse!

Just noticed Ricardo Rodriguez is on the list too haha

Sighs. Really don't know what's going on there. He just seems to of completely lost all confidence since he's come back. You're right the the rest of the state of the defense isn't helping him, but he's even getting the fundamentals wrong.

Hopefully now Antonelli's back he can settle back in on the right and get back to the top class defender we know he can be.

Have we really just put a 16 year old keeper in the net to stop the likes of Ronaldo and co haha.

And he potentially has a penno shootout to contend with too!

Apparently he is now going to be given a debut in the Serie A becoming the youngest goalkeeper in it's history to do so. He even displaced former Madrid keeper Diego Lopez. Manager still has balls of steel

Apparently he is now going to be given a debut in the Serie A becoming the youngest goalkeeper in it's history to do so. He even displaced former Madrid keeper Diego Lopez. Manager still has balls of steel

Haha yeah, I rate Lopez but he's been inconsistent so far. Can hardly blame the bloke with that defense mind!

16 years old and 6 foot 5, hopefully he can become something special in a few years.

Haha yeah, I rate Lopez but he's been inconsistent so far. Can hardly blame the bloke with that defense mind!

16 years old and 6 foot 5, hopefully he can become something special in a few years.

Good performance or not yesterday matey? Seen absolutely nottin'. Pain in the *** when live sport clashes with other sport.

Interesting he not only stopped Lopez but MDS too in a rejigged defence.

Good performance or not yesterday matey? Seen absolutely nottin'. Pain in the *** when live sport clashes with other sport.

Interesting he not only stopped Lopez but MDS too in a rejigged defence.

Beradi continued his knack for scoring against us and scored a pretty good freekick which Donnarumma almost got to. Glad he didn't get another hattrick!

Adriano did well when he came on and nodded in the winner. Bacca went down very easily to win a penno which he smashed in well.

Should have really done better against 10 men though

Need another 3 points against Chievo tonight.

Expecting to read that when I get back in!

Need another 3 points against Chievo tonight.

Expecting to read that when I get back in!

Was just getting on this thread to say the same! Going to try and watch it tonight. Chievo are only a point behind Milan and have scored more and conceded less......

Caught most of the Atalanta game this evening. The fist Milan game I've gotten to see any of in a good few weeks.

And after watching, I'm at a loss how Mihajlovic has turned it around the last month to climb to 6th. Obviously the Milanese aren't fooled as the San Siro was yet again depressingly WELL empty as the protests continue. Atlanta grew into the game the more it went on and could well of won were it not for Donnarumma who looked more like a composed 36 year old veteran than his 16 young years. Aside from excellent positioning and reflex's (man does he get down UBER quick for someone 6'5 tall), he was barking out instructions and taking all his defenders to task for poor play. Talking of, Calabria looked great again when he came on for MDS. Couple him with Romagnoli, that's two defenders at 18 and 20, and a 16 year old 'keeper in the back-line! Quite a change from Paolo, Franco and co.

Disappointing 0-0 at home with two much defensive minded midfielders out there and too much profligacy in attack. Niang looked very good though on the left cutting in. Be interesting to see what happens after the break with Bonaventura and him there.

Last edited:
Another real poor display in Turin Sat'day evening.

Pretty much set out for a point with Buffon's only save of the game coming in injury time. Where it not for the 16 year old wonder kid, it could of been a lot heavier. Never will get what anyone sees in Montolivo.

Been off work doing jack **** for a week or so so not been on here!

Yeah Donnarumma looks like he actually deserves the hype so far! And Calabria has looked good when I've watched.

I'm the same with Montolivo, for every good game he has about 4 average to poor ones.....and he's captain!

Another real poor display in Turin Sat'day evening.

Pretty much set out for a point with Buffon's only save of the game coming in injury time. Where it not for the 16 year old wonder kid, it could of been a lot heavier. Never will get what anyone sees in Montolivo.

16 year old wonder kid? is that the Milan keeper I have seen videos of on facebook making insane saves showing assassins creed level agility?

16 year old wonder kid? is that the Milan keeper I have seen videos of on facebook making insane saves showing assassins creed level agility?

That would be the one.

The comparison between he and Buffon getting the nod in Serie A from Scala at 17 (ironically keeping a clean sheet against Milan) honestly aren't any sort of a stretch at that age.

Kids been beyond awesome. Maybe it's the age, but he's playing completely without any fear or nerves at all. Not only in his 'keeping ability, but the way he's taking charge and verbally and physically organising the defence in front of him. Even at such a tender age he's not shy of bollocking anyone. And he's 6'5. At 16! I know right?

Italy really is blessed with a fantastic crop of young 'keepers and Donnarumma may be the best of the lot.

Quality forwards on the other hand is another matter completely.

That would be the one.

The comparison between he and Buffon getting the nod in Serie A from Scala at 17 (ironically keeping a clean sheet against Milan) honestly aren't any sort of a stretch at that age.

Kids been beyond awesome. Maybe it's the age, but he's playing completely without any fear or nerves at all. Not only in his 'keeping ability, but the way he's taking charge and verbally and physically organising the defence in front of him. Even at such a tender age he's not shy of bollocking anyone. And he's 6'5. At 16! I know right?

Italy really is blessed with a fantastic crop of young 'keepers and Donnarumma may be the best of the lot.

Quality forwards on the other hand is another matter completely.

They always seem to do well in the keeping department, when I watched Football Italia growing up I always remember being in awe of Peruzzi and Pagliuca. But yeah he looks insanely good from what I have seen, one of the videos the coach is shooting from in between 6 yard box and penalty spot and he is just saving everything and literally as he is hitting the floor the coach is shooting again. Did not realise he is 6ft 5 that is insane given his agility, still got some growing left too. Be really interesting to see how he develops.

Sinisa Mihajlovic has balls of steel. On a run of poor results and on the verge of being sacked and he hands a debut to a 16 year-old at goalkeeper out of all positions and he gets repaid handsomely. What a man

Clubs are giving game time to youngsters and reaping the awards. Delle Ali, Jack Grealish and Lingard all come to mind in recent times. Take note Mourinho

Clubs are giving game time to youngsters and reaping the awards. Delle Ali, Jack Grealish and Lingard all come to mind in recent times. Take note Mourinho

I'd like to see more of that Patrick Roberts at City.

Yeah Donnarumma looks great and so does Calabria, problem always seems to be when we have a bright looking prospect they get sold!

Cristante was supposed to be very good yet played 5 games before being sold. Though hes only made 5 more apps for Benfica may say something.

Saponara and El Shaarawy (somewhat)

Mastour with some weird 2 year loan to a club that didn't even register him to play when they got him in the beggining!

The young players I will be keeping an eye on are:

Donnarumma - hopefully he keeps up his performances

Calabria - best young right back the clubs seen since De Sciglio who oddly seems to be in reverse development wise.

Jose Mauri - defensive mid who doesn't mind getting stuck in. Milan usually use players like him, the last few years we've had De Jong, Van Bommel and of course Gattuso (Gattuso is Mauris idol I think I read!)

Romagnoli - probably everyone knows about him.

Niang looks bright in bursts, if he can stay consistent I like him as an option, did well out on loan last year.

Di Molfetta - skillful attacking player usually out wide. Likes to cut inside taking players on.

Great win on the weekend vs sampdoria :)

Crotone today so will hopefully pick up another 3 points