images

AUGUST

A satisfactory start to the season! We won the Italian Super Cup and both our league games and we even got a decent group in the Champions League - Barcelona, CSKA Moscow and Austria Wien.

Off the pitch I got Rosenborg as a feeder club which was pretty decent and I sold CB Canini for just under £1m. I also loaned out my young Argentinian keeper to Chievo.

I didnt bring anyone else in. I cancelled a deal to sign Arjen Robben on a free transfer and I was £5m short for us to get Stephan El Shaarawy.

--------------------------------------------------

Italian Super Cup

Atalanta 2-2 Inter Milan
Gabbiadini, Zouma
(AET Atalanta won 4-2 on penalties)

Our first super cup!!! We should have won it easily as they had a man sent-off early on but they levelled a few minutes before the end and took the lead early in extra-time. Fortunately we equalised and won the shoot-out.

---------------------------------------------------------

Cagliari 0-3 Atalanta
Bonaventura 2, Marilungo

A good performance and result to kick-off the season.

------------------------------------------------------------------

Atalanta 3-1 Empoli
Immobile 3

We fell behind early on but Immobile turned it on to get us the points.

---------------------------------------------------------------------

PLAYER OF THE MONTH
KURT ZOUMA

images

View attachment 332807

View attachment 332808

-------------------------------------------------------------
images

IVORY COAST

African Nations Quals Group A

Ivory Coast 5-0 Cape Verde Islands
Doumbia, Bamba, Kalou, Karaboue, Traore

images

SEPTEMBER

Not the best of months here as we slipped up a few times. We drew with Palermo and lost to Barcelona and Lazio but we could have quite easily won those games. I have had a few players injured though but I dont mind that as it gives my youngsters an opportunity to shine.

Thats about it really!

--------------------------------------------------------

Palermo 1-1 Atalanta
Marilungo

We had Bertolacci sent-off here and we were a goal down so I am content with a point.

---------------------------------------------------------------

UEFA Champions League Group G

Atalanta 0-1 Barcelona

We were robbed here. We absolutely battered them but couldnt break them down and Alexis Sanchez popped up with a goal 4min from time for them - gutted!

Atalanta 1-0 Bologna
Crisetig

--------------------------------------------------------------------

Lazio 4-3 Atalanta
Marilungo, Immobile, Quintana

This was very annoying. Although we went behind early on, we also led 2-1 and 3-2 but we conceded 2 late goals (including a stoppage time winner) to lose the game.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------

Atalanta 2-1 Genoa
Immobile, Lucero

We got off the hook a bit here as we were quite poor.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------

CSKA Moscow 1-2 Atalanta
Gabbiadini (pen), Immobile

A routine win here I suppose. Nothing to shout from the rooftops about.
View attachment 332911

---------------------------------------------------------------------------

PLAYER OF THE MONTH
CIRO IMMOBILE

images

View attachment 332912

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------

images

My assistant manager with Ivory Coast

IVORY COAST

Friendly

Uruguay 4-4 Ivory Coast
Karaboue 2, Gervinho, Ramirez (og)

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------

African Nations Cup Quals Group A
Ivory Coast 7-0 Djibouti
Kalou 2(1pen), Bony 2, Gervinho, Bamba, Tie-Bi

View attachment 332910

Last edited:
images

OCTOBER

This month possibly seen the most pivotal moment of the season as we beat Juventus at home after losing to Inter away. A slow start to the season is unlike us so you can understand why I was concerned.

I decided to terminate a couple of my feeder clubs. Charleroi (they got relegated), Mattersburg and Cannes. They arent really renowned for producing great youngsters and when I compare them to Red Star Belgrade and Rosenborg they are just not at that level.

-------------------------------------------------------

Inter Milan 2-1 Atalanta
Gabbiadini

Hmm. I am now concerned. 2 defeats and 1 draw from 7 league games? Not good enough. I expect a positive reaction against Juventus!

Atalanta 4-2 Austria Wien
Quintana, Ogbonna, Arrigoni, Tortone

I rested everyone apart from Consigli and Crisetig here. We got the win but I was concerned when they equalised twice.
View attachment 332930

Atalanta 2-1 Juventus
Immobile, Gabbiadini (pen)

Thats better! We inflict upon Juventus their first league defeat of the season. A draw was probably a fair result but 2 of my former Juventus players scored to give us the win.

Atalanta 3-0 Siena
Immobile 3

Siena are without a win so far in the league so I kinda thought we could score 5 or 6. 3 will do though!

------------------------------------------------------------

PLAYER OF THE MONTH
MANOLO GABBIADINI

images

View attachment 332940
images

IVORY COAST

African Nations Quals Group A

Congo 1-4 Ivory Coast
Kalou 2, Karaboue, Doumbia

View attachment 332938

Top 7 are incredibly tight so far, could be a close title race, hope you win it again!

images

NOVEMBER

This month saw us back on track in the league as we won every game to top the table. There were some special moments during the month like Signori grabbing a hat-trick, scoring twice at the Nou Camp and banging in 5 twice.

(I played November and December this morning while at my grannies house so cant remember much lol)

--------------------------------------------

Ternana 0-1 Atalanta
Signori

We got a goal 5min from time to get the win. Just sneaked it.

------------------------------------------------

Austria Wien 0-5 Atalanta
Marilungo, Signori 3(1pen), Quintana

I rested loads of players here and played Signori despite being only 88% fit - just as well I did!

----------------------------------------------------------

Atalanta 2-0 Pescara
Gabbiadini, Bonaventura

-----------------------------------------------------------

Catania 1-2 Atalanta
Bellusci, Bonaventura

Bellusci never scored last season I just realised. Thats him off the mark for this season. Zouma hasnt scored yet though this season.

--------------------------------------------------------------

Barcelona 4-2 Atalanta
Gabbiadini (pen), Arrigoni

I cant really complain. This was the first goals Barca have conceded in the group. They will top it and we might not even get through................

View attachment 333079

Atalanta 5-2 Fiorentina
Bonaventura 2, Gabbiadini (pen), Marilungo 2

A good win this. We did fall behind early on but that just served to wake us up.

PLAYER OF THE MONTH
GIACOMO BONAVENTURA
images

View attachment 333080

images

KRIS STUART LEAVES IVORY COAST TO MANAGE ROMANIA

Why? Well I wanted to learn Romanian of course! That is actually the only reason. I was planning on leaving Ivory Coast after the Euros (was never going to compete in the African Nations Cup) and I have already learned French so I thought I would be manager of Romania for 6 months, learn the language and ****** off!

They arent in the Euros as they lost to Italy in the play-offs.

Well done. Your plan is to learn a ton of languages to help the club and then manage Italy on the international front, I guess? I think this is uncanny but the non-English languages you've picked up have exactly the same language group settings and English has the same main one. That must really accelerate the learning.

Last edited:
images

DECEMBER

A short but sweet month. We won all of our games including a 10 goal thriller against AC Milan. We have really hit top form in Serie A and have now won 9 in a row.

In the Champions League we got rewarded with a very kind draw - Celtic!!!! Got to be chuffed with that as we finished runners-up in our group.

I have pre-arranged 1 deal for January (incoming) and 2 outgoing.

Elsewhere in the league both Milan clubs have been taken over, Bielsa is manager of Lazio, De Boer at Pescara and Allegri at Roma. Its all been happening!

------------------------------------------------

Atalanta 2-0 CSKA Moscow
Quintana, Caprari

I took a small risk and rested a load of players and we won to go through. I think Quintana has scored every time he has started.
View attachment 333081

Roma 2-3 Atalanta
Bonaventura, Gabbiadini, Zouma

We were 2 down after 20min, 2-2 at half-time and Zouma struck his first of the season to complete a fantastic comeback.

Atalanta 1-0 Sampdoria
Bertolacci

-----------------------------------------------------------------

AC Milan 4-6 Atalanta
Zouma 2, Immobile 4

What a game!!!!! Would take forever to explain it all lol. Gabbiadini got 4 assists though.

-------------------------------------------------------------------

PLAYER OF THE MONTH
MANOLO GABBIADINI
images

View attachment 333082

Well done. Your plan is to learn a ton of languages to help the club and then manage Italy on the international front, I guess? I think this is uncanny but the non-English languages you've picked up have exactly the same language group settings and English has the same main one. That must really accelerate the learning.

I would love to manage Italy although having said that I am not that far off having my club side being the national team lol

images

Our only club legend - Glenn Stromberg

JANUARY

I wasnt really intending to spend anything in January apart from the £1.5m for a young Danish defender but in the end I broke our transfer record and ended the window with £20m in the transfer kitty but the club £10m in the red - I seriously need to start saving for a new stadium!!!!

Anyway my new record signing is Italian (not a surprise).........

View attachment 333239
STEPHAN EL SHAARAWY
£16.25m from Atalanta

My new RW. He was available for £16m but I gave them a bit extra to make him our record signing lol. Marilungo will still get plenty of games though.

I also brought in these 2 youngsters. The Portuguese lad isnt that great but he came from my feeder side Beira-Mar so I thought it would be nice if they at least provided me with one player lol
View attachment 333236View attachment 333238

Leaving the club was Ogbonna for £2.4m to Fiorentina - nearly a £5m loss - as I felt was not at the standard required. Centurion also left to go to Lazio for just over £6m. I felt he could have been a world beater but his long term injury meant that he slipped down the pecking order. Lucas Zen also completed his move back to Brazil.

On the field we lost our hold on the Coppa Italia when we got knocked out by Palermo in the quarter-finals. In the league though we are on a long unbeaten run and are 4pts clear at the top.

----------------------------------------------

Atalanta 1-0 Udinese
Marilungo

Crisetig had a goal disallowed but we still managed to win.

--------------------------------------------------

Napoli 0-0 Atalanta

I gave El Shaarawy his debut here (Marilungo being dropped despite scoring in the last game). This ended our winning streak in the league as we had won 10 in a row.

------------------------------------------------------

Coppa Italia 1st Round
Atalanta 3-3 AC Milan
Bellusci 2, Immobile

(AET Atalanta won 4-2 on penalties)

By half-time we were 3-1 up and Bellusci missed a penalty for his hat-trick! We then let them back in it despite only having 5 shots on target. I would have been seriously annoyed if we threw it away in the shoot-out but we managed to win it and will meet Palermo away in the next round.

-------------------------------------------------------

Atalanta 3-1 Cesena
Bonaventura, Immobile 2

A comfortable win - even with Quitadamo being sent-off. Gabbiadini now has 20 assists already which is a club record.

Atalanta 3-1 Cagliari
Gabbiadini 2(1pen), Caprari

Bertolacci got sent-off here.

Coppa Italia QF

Palermo 3-2 Atalanta
Bonaventura, Gabbiadini

******* AWFUL!!!! We went 3-0 down and tried to come back but we left ourselves with too much to do. Our hold on the trophy is over.

Empoli 1-2 Atalanta
El Shaarawy, Gabbiadini (pen)

Empoli have now P21 W0 D2 L19 so I expected a far bigger victory.

PLAYER OF THE MONTH
MANOLO GABBIADINI
images

View attachment 333242

View attachment 333245View attachment 333246

images

Our new feeder club

FEBRUARY

We end the month 7pts clear at the top of the table and hold a slender advantage in our Champions League tie so all in all it was a great month. Zouma, Immobile and Gabbiadini have been outstanding and Arrigoni came in for Bertolacci a few times and really impressed too.

As you can see above I managed to get Aberdeen as a feeder club. I was going to ask for River Plate but thought I would look a bit closer to home. They must have got relegated because they aint in the SPL.

I have decided from next season I am going to really try and improve my feeder clubs. I would love to get AlbinoLeffe into Serie A as it is a long term deal and I could loan them my players to get top division action.

-----------------------------------------------------

Atalanta 2-1 Palermo
Immobile 2

Revenge!!!! We went behind after 4min but Immobile struck twice to give us victory. They sacked their manager immediately afterwards!

Bologna 0-4 Atalanta
Gabbiadini, El Shaarawy, Arrigoni 2

Bologna are lying 5th in the table so to win 4-0 away is impressive. Gabbiadini's goal was a rebound to his saved penalty.

Atalanta 3-1 Lazio
Zouma, Gabbiadini (pen), Immobile

I was cursing when Centurion levelled for them but we got our 700th penalty of the season to set us on our way.

Genoa 2-2 Atalanta
Immobile, Gabbiadini

We had 22 shots to their 3 so I dont know how we didnt win here!

UEFA Champions League 1st Round 1st Leg

Atalanta 2-1 Celtic
Guevara, Marilungo

Celtic are actually the top scorers so far in this competition but that didnt stop me resting everyone apart from Consigli!

They didnt have 1 current Celtic player in real life in their match day squad!

Atalanta 1-1 Inter Milan
Signori

Meh! We went behind early on and I thought it was going to be our first home league defeat of the season but Signori came off the bench to equalise.

---------------------------------------------------------------------

PLAYER OF THE MONTH
KURT ZOUMA
images

View attachment 333282

Could u present your first eleven for us and make a little presentation of the players in the top eleven? would be awesome fun to see their role in the tactics and their strenght. Any players u only play home games?

Could u present your first eleven for us and make a little presentation of the players in the top eleven? would be awesome fun to see their role in the tactics and their strenght. Any players u only play home games?

Will do but will wait until the start of next season. I dont pick players if we are at home or away. I only rotate players against notably weaker sides

images

MARCH

My favourite month went well here! We got 5 god prospects in the youth intake, progressed in Europe and got another kind draw and moved ever nearer to retaining the title.

Here are my new prospects.............
View attachment 333444View attachment 333445View attachment 333449View attachment 333450View attachment 333451

Who needs to sign players when your youth set-up provides this many!

Results wise we remain 7pts clear at the top as we got some big wins and drew twice while in Europe we defeated Celtic and thumped Benfica to all but secure a place in the semis.

Juventus 1-1 Atalanta
Zouma

We were 5min away from winning here but couldnt hold on. Thats 3 games without a win in the league but all 3 have been draws fortunately.

Siena 0-5 Atalanta
Bonaventura 2, Marilungo, Arrigoni 2

Siena had 3 men stretchered off before the half hour mark!

Atalanta 4-1 Ternana
Zouma, El Shaarawy, Immobile, Gabbiadini (pen)

Before the game I slagged off my ex striker Livaja so no prizes for guessing who scored for them to put them ahead early on! We still won easily though.

UEFA Champions League 1st Round 2nd Leg
Celtic (1) 0-2 Atalanta (2)
Marilungo, Caprari
(Agg: 1-4)

Once again I rested everyone apart from Consigli such was my confidence in my players.

Pescara 3-3 Atalanta
Immobile, El Shaarawy, Gabbiadini

We threw away a 3-1 lead here including a last minute goal. Not good enough.

Atalanta 3-0 Catania
Bertolacci, Zouma, El Shaarawy

Catania are Serie B bound so this was a routine win.

-------------------------------------------------------------------

UEFA Champions League QF 1st Leg
Atalanta 4-1 Benfica
Labrin (og), Gabbiadini 2(1pen), Immobile

A fantastic result and performance. We should be through to the semis now.

PLAYER OF THE MONTH
STEPHAN EL SHAARAWY
images

View attachment 333452

Your team is doing great! Dare I say that there could be European glory this season? Most likely a quarter-final though. And Mangiarotti looks like a right beast. Looking forward to see his development...