Hello TTF, can you please explain what's the use of Ball-playing CDs with "More dribbling" and "Fewer risky passes"? I feel really uncomfortable with BPDs in this patch, especially with the "Dribble More" instruction.

Also, when they are set as BDPs but with Pass Short, Fewer Risky Passes instructions then will it not just contradict the role of BPD?

Can I set them to CDs with just Pass Short instruction, how will it effect the game play of this tactic?

Hello TTF, can you please explain what's the use of Ball-playing CDs with "More dribbling" and "Fewer risky passes"? I feel really uncomfortable with BPDs in this patch, especially with the "Dribble More" instruction.
Ehh... there're many reasons for it but if you think something different will work better so why not? Feel free to try.

Still great work on all your tactics TFF9
Thanks, mate. Ehh… as I already said the only reason I see why you are getting better results with Pure Insanity is that something important missing, I mean from important things list in OP, especially manual marking ;)

It seems, that another great work...the best set up from your all creations so far.

Just wanted to let you know, how much I enjoy using your tactics - they are lovely.

Would it be possible for you to list any useful/harmful PPM's in the opening post?

Just wanted to let you know, how much I enjoy using your tactics - they are lovely.

Would it be possible for you to list any useful/harmful PPM's in the opening post?

Thanks mate. Glad to hear it works good for you.

Here's some PPMs that suite for AMCL/AMC/AMCR/CM positions: "Plays One-Twos", "Tries Killer Ball Often", "Moves Into Channels"

"Gets Forward Whenever Possible" is good PPM for CM but be careful if this guy sometimes plays AMCL/AMCR positions because this is bad PPM for these positions.

If someone of AMCL/AMC/AMCR/CM has "Shots From Distance" PPM then add "Shoot Less Often" PI for him in order to compensate this PPM.

Last edited:
why get forward is bad ppm ?

besides do u use placed shot or shot hard?

And do you train lob keeper or round keeper? Which one is more effective?

I'm going to give it a serious test now with my San Marino team starting from pre-season, last time I used a tactic of yours I won Serie A so you have my trust! I do have a good squad in fact I even managed to win another serie A title creating my own 4-4-2 but I absolutely like the idea of this one ;)

Have you decided if the 'roam from position' instruction is good/bad/indifferent for the two wide AMC's positions?

thanks for all the tactics and the help :)

besides do u use placed shot or shot hard?

I find "Shoots With Power" PPM is crazy overpowered and I prefer to train this PPM for all attackers

And do you train lob keeper or round keeper? Which one is more effective?

I tested these PPMs **** amount of time and found it has zero effect so I would recommend just forget about it. looks like these PPMs aren't work for FM14 or effect from it is so small that no worth to pay attention.

why get forward is bad ppm ?
It harms attacking build-up play.

Have you decided if the 'roam from position' instruction is good/bad/indifferent for the two wide AMC's positions?

It may sound strange but nope ;) It's ****** hard to decide ;)

Good Luck with San Marino!

Last edited:
I find that going round keeper and lob the keeper look quite effective... WHEN the players decide to do that, which is almost never, even when they have that PPM! Maybe players with higher flair and technique would attempt that more often but right now I agree shoot with power is the best!

Any suggestions for playing one of the big boys away from home? Do you go 'Counter' with the Base tactic?

I find that going round keeper and lob the keeper look quite effective... WHEN the players decide to do that, which is almost never, even when they have that PPM! Maybe players with higher flair and technique would attempt that more often but right now I agree shoot with power is the best!

"Round Keeper" and "Lob the keeper" don't conflict with "Shoots With Power" it's a different things so player can have all of them.

"Shoots With Power" conflicts with "Place Shots".

As you said "Round Keeper" and "Lob the keeper" is good things and I agree about that but It seems these PPMs just don't work for FM14, as I said I've spend **** amount of time to see any effect from it and had no luck.

Any suggestions for playing one of the big boys away from home? Do you go 'Counter' with the Base tactic?

I use Base tactic.

Last edited:
"Round Keeper" and "Lob the keeper" don't conflict with "Shoots With Power" it's a different things so player can have all of them.

"Shoots With Power" conflicts with "Place Shots".

As you said "Round Keeper" and "Lob the keeper" is good things and I agree about that but It seems these PPMs just don't work for FM14, as I said I've spend **** amount of time to see any effect from it and had no luck.

Yeah I totally agree.

As for PPM's I like having all three AMC's with 'knocks ball past opponent' and 'run with ball through centre' together with 'tries killer balls often' and 'plays one-twos'.. if they have enough pace/acceleration it results in some lethal plays in the middle :)

TFF9, you should add to OP tip for CL, when you are underdog and you start the match with counter strategy.

You did that for pure insanity.

Pls help m8.How to make manual marking , when I need to make it? Befor game?

Back