Back to College/School/Uni.

This one doesn't. The shower is badass. Has no door lock for some reason, not that it matters as I just leave my flat door locked when I'm inside it anyway.

Omfg no lime? Sacrilege. Though frankly I'm not a connoisseur of beers, so I can't talk.

Is your room a good size? Here, they basically cut out a regular sized room and put an en-suite in, so they're ridiculously small. Which is hilarious, since it's £6 more per night and all the flats are anti-social.

Is your room a good size? Here, they basically cut out a regular sized room and put an en-suite in, so they're ridiculously small. Which is hilarious, since it's £6 more per night and all the flats are anti-social.

My room's a good size actually. ****** desk at one end makes it quite a bit smaller, but gives me lots of places to put stuff. All in all it's good, but y'know, it's a room. It's not like I eat in there. All I use it for is sleeping and working.

My room's a good size actually. ****** desk at one end makes it quite a bit smaller, but gives me lots of places to put stuff. All in all it's good, but y'know, it's a room. It's not like I eat in there. All I use it for is sleeping, working and abusing my Italian *** slave.

Correct'd.

You're doing Journalism, you need to do work?

Correct'd.

You're doing Journalism, you need to do work?

Yeah. It's not all practical stuff, there is a little bit of theory. Besides, you need to work on stories, they do- I only just realised what you said.

**** you, sir, **** you.

Yeah. It's not all practical stuff, there is a little bit of theory. Besides, you need to work on stories, they do- I only just realised what you said.

**** you, sir, **** you.

I thought you just did nothing for 3 years, handed in a few drunken essays, got given a piece of paper with a degree on it at the end and then went to work for The Sun? At least that's the impression I got reading a tabloid.

I thought you just did nothing for 3 years, handed in a few drunken essays, got given a piece of paper with a degree on it at the end and then went to work for The Sun? At least that's the impression I got reading a tabloid.

Funnily enough, yeah, that's pretty much it. One of our lecturers used to work for a tabloid, and as he puts it, "isn't proud of it." Didn't stop us giving him an epic ribbing about it though.

you guys living in catered or self-catered? I was at Newcastle open day yesterday and loved it. Will defiantly be my first choice. whether I get in or not is another question..... :/ Everything was great about it! except the Geordie accent which I could barely understand some of the time :S

you guys living in catered or self-catered? I was at Newcastle open day yesterday and loved it. Will defiantly be my first choice. whether I get in or not is another question..... :/ Everything was great about it! except the Geordie accent which I could barely understand some of the time :S

Catered fuh ze win.

Newcastle's pretty good. What's their entry requirements?

Catered fuh ze win.

Newcastle's pretty good. What's their entry requirements?

I'll go self-catered. I want a choice of what I eat and when :p It's AAB-ABB but that offer could be lowered if I can do this work experience too. Also Ancient History and Archaeology has been going to into clearing in recent years so I could be more likely to get a place. Also depends if there are less people applying this year due to higher fees

I'll go self-catered. I want a choice of what I eat and when :p It's AAB-ABB but that offer could be lowered if I can do this work experience too. Also Ancient History and Archaeology has been going to into clearing in recent years so I could be more likely to get a place. Also depends if there are less people applying this year due to higher fees

I meant to say self-catered. :(

Do war studies, it sounds cooler than archaeology.

I meant to say self-catered. :(

Do war studies, it sounds cooler than archaeology.

sure you did..... ;) I also want an en suite (found some nice halls, though it's a bit expensive). How much are yours? Meh I'm happy with my study choice :p

Got my ucas off this week... hopefully in 12 months time I'll be studying Marine Biology at Stirling uni :)

sure you did..... ;) I also want an en suite (found some nice halls, though it's a bit expensive). How much are yours? Meh I'm happy with my study choice :p

Mine are £16.75 per night, and that was the cheapest they offered. The en-suites are all overpriced too, everyone I know who got an en-suite room wishes they had regular halls.

That's still quite expensive isn't it? Newcastle en-suite that I liked was around £105 for the week which is just a bit more than you're paying I think.

That's still quite expensive isn't it? Newcastle en-suite that I liked was around £105 for the week which is just a bit more than you're paying I think.

My room isn't en-suite. Yes, it's ******* expensive. :p The en-suites here are £23 per night and self-catered.

Get an en-suite. It's so worth it. You don't know what you're missing out on if you don't go en-suite. No other people messing up your toilet, if you need to ****/shower/vomit it's ALWAYS free, and all the room in it is yours for you to fill with your stuff.

well that's why you don't go to London ;)

I repeat:
Larger loan, grant, bursary from uni, savings > you.

Get an en-suite. It's so worth it. You don't know what you're missing out on if you don't go en-suite. No other people messing up your toilet, if you need to ****/shower/vomit it's ALWAYS free, and all the room in it is yours for you to fill with your stuff.

I've not had to queue for the shower once, and my room is next door to the shower/toilet anyway so it's essentially an en-suite, without having to pay £7 per night for the privilege of shortening my room space by sticking a ****** en-suite inside. :)

Yeah an en-suite isn't that necessary, we had two showers & two bathrooms for 7 people so there was usually at least one free.