Back to College/School/Uni.

I live in Bournemouth!!! What are you studying?

So do I lol, so another 3 years living with mummy :p

I'm studying Biological Anthropology, was my second choice behind Forensics but I didn't get a place on that course.

Looking at university courses for Journalism, I'm only 15 and in 4th year (Year 11) but I would love to do it. I do not see the point of writing an essay in 1 hour and 15 mins which is the main exam I am scared of for my Standard Grades, along with Maths. I need 4 Bs at Higher to get into some unis so I just hope I can push along.

Essay writing is all about exam technique and jumping through the hoops examiners want you to.

Essay writing is all about exam technique and jumping through the hoops examiners want you to.

Point, Quote, Explain. Point, Quote, Explain.

**** you, English Lit A-Level...

So do I lol, so another 3 years living with mummy :p

I'm studying Biological Anthropology, was my second choice behind Forensics but I didn't get a place on that course.

Nice :) I used to like the idea of doing forensics and being a CSI, then i realised i was ***** at science :(
Bournemouth Uni has a good reputation for graphics/film/computer related stuff!

FINALLY got my accommodation! Wasn't my first choice, but it's cheap and the location isn't too bad, so can't complain. Any Londoners know what the area around Bermondsey Street/Great Dover Street is like?

Inb4 GC says I'll be killed there within a week.

FINALLY got my accommodation! Wasn't my first choice, but it's cheap and the location isn't too bad, so can't complain. Any Londoners know what the area around Bermondsey Street/Great Dover Street is like?

YOU'RE DEAD

WRITE YOUR WILL NOW

To those who have been in Year 12/13;

What are the timetables like? I'd assume you get a lot of free periods during the week for both A and B, but what is or was yours like? Did you have to do two hours of the same lesson every day or something? And what was Induction Day like?

What are the timetables like? I'd assume you get a lot of free periods during the week for both A and B, but what is or was yours like? Did you have to do two hours of the same lesson every day or something? And what was Induction Day like?

at my school year 12 get 5 free periods per 2 week cycle with 2 general studies lessons over the 2 weeks and a 2 hour period for rec and leisure (PE basically). Then all other periods are taken up doing your choices. Year 13 is the same but you get the extra 2 free periods that would be General studies and free periods to replace the subject you dropped for A2 (if you did).

On the bright side, there's a hospital a few minutes away!

Seriosuly though, it's like most of the area around there: a bit run down (but y'know, you're from Manchester so you're used to that) but central with a good location in reach of good places.

My timetable was four half days and a full Friday in year 13. In year 12 I had one half day and four full days. Induction day is pretty regular stuff usually.

My timetable was 4 and a half hours a week for each subject, so 18 hours a week during AS and 13 and a half hours for A2. Some people get lucky and most of their frees are in the morning or the end of the day, so their days are shorter. Most of my AS days ended up 9-4.10, but at A2 I started at 10.45 3 days a week and ended at 12.50 2 days a week, which was awesome. My induction day was just sorting enrolment stuff in a group, and then having sample lessons of each subject.

---------- Post added at 05:32 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:28 PM ----------

at my school year 12 get 5 free periods per 2 week cycle with 2 general studies lessons over the 2 weeks and a 2 hour period for rec and leisure (PE basically). Then all other periods are taken up doing your choices. Year 13 is the same but you get the extra 2 free periods that would be General studies and free periods to replace the subject you dropped for A2 (if you did).

Pwnt. We had 4 hours of lectures on general studies in the whole year.

it was basically a free period so calm down :p was actually fun sometimes ;) arguing against the entire class why the royal family should be removed ;)

rofl.

that is all.

But seriously its not too shabby, pretty close to London bridge station too

it was basically a free period so calm down :p was actually fun sometimes ;) arguing against the entire class why the royal family should be removed ;)

True dat. I missed my general studies lecture, so was taken from my A-level Physics class to go to a lecture on GCSE science/maths. :'(

True dat. I missed my general studies lecture, so was taken from my A-level Physics class to go to a lecture on GCSE science/maths. :'(

ultimate trolling haha

Going to Uni in two weeks. New country, new life, cannot wait.

I would like to know the details about your University and where you are going to study? I wish you all good luck. Have a good time ahead.

I would like to know the details about your University and where you are going to study? I wish you all good luck. Have a good time ahead.

sound like a stalker no offence haha.