Bad Possession - Take More Risks

• Thread starter Thread starter pl3rious
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 2K
  • Views Views 863K
Premier League and Champions League with Leicester 3rd season without spending a penny on transfers using V6.

hey there. im playing with hertha bsc atm and got javier hernandez who is literally only good as a poacher. could i change the central f9 (from v4) to poacher and get similiar good results to the TE? its my first fm and im rather noobish id say, starting to learn more and more about the roles and a bit about the stats i need to look out for :D bought hernandez cause a friend said id get him rather cheap and he is good ( 4 1/2 stars ) so i bought him for 8mil, has a worth of 20 right now but somehow after his 1st season its not working with him for me :(

i then found out that he is not the best for the f9 role (or any other besides poacher for that matter, lol) so hence my question if i could change the f9s

I also seem to lose alot of balls in midfield which tend to end in a counter conceeding a goal, even tho I would say it's not a bad midfield at all with Odegaard and co. Anything to look out for here in particular? thanks in advance :)

Last edited:
Looks like i might have to sell Coutinho and Sterling at liverpool as they hardly score when playing in the Front 3 in V4 i retrained them to play that position but still not good enough and they have the greatest stats , anyway i have depay berardi and fierro and Humam tariq to play there , also Henderson is a beast in the Ap or Cm role twice prem player of the year !! won the league 3 times in a row now and the just did the triple using V4 , thats it cant do no more won every trophy possible . maybe time to use another tactic and see how it might compare if indeed you can compare Cos this a GODLY tactic . (V4)

oi?

hey there. im playing with hertha bsc atm and got javier hernandez who is literally only good as a poacher. could i change the central f9 (from v4) to poacher and get similiar good results to the TE? its my first fm and im rather noobish id say, starting to learn more and more about the roles and a bit about the stats i need to look out for :D bought hernandez cause a friend said id get him rather cheap and he is good ( 4 1/2 stars ) so i bought him for 8mil, has a worth of 20 right now but somehow after his 1st season its not working with him for me :(

i then found out that he is not the best for the f9 role (or any other besides poacher for that matter, lol) so hence my question if i could change the f9s

I also seem to lose alot of balls in midfield which tend to end in a counter conceeding a goal, even tho I would say it's not a bad midfield at all with Odegaard and co. Anything to look out for here in particular? thanks in advance :)
try to rotate or change side. that should work

Dont know what season you're in, but I'm actually testing with Hertha atm, undefeated in 17 matches in Bundesliga.
I would say keep him in the middle, use left-footed on right side and right-footed on left side and the front-trio will score plenty of goals over the entire season. Got Stracqualursi on free, he has been involved in 10 goals in 8 matches (think he's a bit like Hernandez, just slower) But then again, you could try the Poacher-role for the central striker, but then also try switching the outer strikers side, so it's left-footed on left side and vise versa.

On the midfield, I use Ronny and Baumjohan at the playmakerposition, both averaging 8,34! On the other CM get a player with both passing and defensive stats :)
Dont find losing ball in midfield that much of a problem, but maybe if you defenders got the 'Mark opponents tight'-PPM there will be channels to counter in (know both Brooks and Langkamp got it, which is why i dont use them)

Dont know what season you're in, but I'm actually testing with Hertha atm, undefeated in 17 matches in Bundesliga.
I would say keep him in the middle, use left-footed on right side and right-footed on left side and the front-trio will score plenty of goals over the entire season. Got Stracqualursi on free, he has been involved in 10 goals in 8 matches (think he's a bit like Hernandez, just slower) But then again, you could try the Poacher-role for the central striker, but then also try switching the outer strikers side, so it's left-footed on left side and vise versa.

On the midfield, I use Ronny and Baumjohan at the playmakerposition, both averaging 8,34! On the other CM get a player with both passing and defensive stats :)
Dont find losing ball in midfield that much of a problem, but maybe if you defenders got the 'Mark opponents tight'-PPM there will be channels to counter in (know both Brooks and Langkamp got it, which is why i dont use them)

Exactly, I still use Brooks and he cant unlearn tight marking.. 3rd season with a friend in online mode, don't think it makes that much of a difference tho, I guess?

I'll try keeping an eye on the right- and left foot thingy, something new learned which shouldve been obvious :D

I got Quaschner, Hernandez and Kalou/Schieber/Jesé(loan from Real Madrid)/Pratto for the F9 roles. Oh whatever, here a screen :D

View attachment 301861 pretty much all right footed tho.

Last edited:
yeah Lustenberger is just unhappy I removed him as captain 2min ago, else it wasnt that bad :P

So left footed player for the left F9 role, not like a right footed IF for the AML ?

Last edited:
Now that the 3rd season ended I wonder if I should stick with V4, change to V2 or to V6. I didnt't have too much success with V6 in the beginning so I quickly changed to V4, which did work for most of the games but conceding quite alot I guess (not sure if thats rly only bc Brooks has the PPM Mark tight, cause it also happened when he didn't play.)

I see many ppl testing with either really good teams like Juventus or with 3rd Division teams in Russia :P so it's rly hard to get a feel for what tactic could work on a mediocre Bundesliga team like Hertha. Also hard to change midseason with all the different roles and positions (**** its hard to find decent wing backs or like.. at all find them lol)

I think I'll stick to V4 for now, but I'm not sure what positions need upgrades the most. I figured if my F9 were to score more or I had a decent midfield, I wouldn't concede as much. My last games ended like 4:4 vs Dortmund or 5:3 vs RB Leipzig with Hernandez, Jese and Pratto as F9's.. so not too shabby I'd say. Odegaard as Advanced Playmaker, only my CD's are what you could call crappy :P Should I "upgrade" there first?

Thanks and sry for all those kinda newbie questions, I just want to get it right :)

Edit: Wow, it's just impossible to find a decent right Wingback D:

Last edited:
I need a dope white skin, someone help please. If possible similar to the light official FM skin on previous FMs

I need a dope white skin, someone help please. If possible similar to the light official FM skin on previous FMs

There is an official SI white skin, but you can also try the helvetical lite skin on SI forums which is unofficial

yeah Lustenberger is just unhappy I removed him as captain 2min ago, else it wasnt that bad :P

So left footed player for the left F9 role, not like a right footed IF for the AML ?

If you keep all 3 on F9 I would use left-footed on right side and vise-versa!
And I feel that the 'Might tight'-PPM actually do make a difference, as they tend to get much more dragged out of position leaving even bigger gaps behind the defense then the tactic already do
*EDIT* Forgot, as Pl3rious mentions several times in this thread, defense-cohesion is very important, so try not to rotate too much there :)

Anyway, try using:
http://www.fm-base.co.uk/forum/shar...3-hulk-smash-15-2-1-lethal-going-forward.html
together with v4 - using v4 for all matches except top4ish (in first season Im using Hulk-tactic for Dortmund, Leverkusen, Schalke, and Bayern, or if a top6-7 team is having really good form)

This is kinda a 'I-score-more-than-you'-tactic like most of the other 3-striker-tactics out there - that said Im having acceptable defensive stats with the tactic-combination mentioned above! (think it's 22 conceded in 17 matches)
So far I've tested it with Atalanta, Newcastle, Granada, and now Hertha and it works more or less with all of them, overachieving pretty much!

I would get a DC (dont fancy the Heitinga, Brooks-setup that much) - Balanta is playing solid for me in both my Newcastle and Granada-game first season, otherwise there should be plenty other young DC's that's decent in 4th season

Regarding the foot on strikers I try to use Left-footed on left side (preferable with a bit of crossing) and Right-footed on left side with v4 :)

Hope that clears something up

Back