Bad Possession - Take More Risks

• Thread starter Thread starter pl3rious
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 2K
  • Views Views 863K
Started off really well ,then hit a string of bad results,don`t know what to say,tried to sort defence out,but made it worse?
Turned F9`s into DLF`s support didn`t work...at a loss now.
Scoring loads of goals,last game,lost 4-5.

i'm at arsenal.
hardly get goals against.
but with the new patch scoring is a bit more difficult

Hi Pl3rious i am new here on this forum i have been using your v6 tactic for 2 season with nottingham forrest i won Champions cup :) but i want to try another tactic because i think i concede to many goals in this tactic can you help me pick one?

My first team players are:

GK: Alex Meret
CB: Alvarez balata, Thelander, Jeison Murillo
Defensive midfielder (anchorman): Kranevitter
Centermid: Tielemans
Offensive mid (Right): Michail Antonio from nottingham forrest starting team
Offensivemid (left): Bruma
My 3 strikers: Munir, Vincent Aboubakar, Harry kane

Which version should i use?

Hi Pl3rious i am new here on this forum i have been using your v6 tactic for 2 season with nottingham forrest i won Champions cup :) but i want to try another tactic because i think i concede to many goals in this tactic can you help me pick one?

My first team players are:

GK: Alex Meret
CB: Alvarez balata, Thelander, Jeison Murillo
Defensive midfielder (anchorman): Kranevitter
Centermid: Tielemans
Offensive mid (Right): Michail Antonio from nottingham forrest starting team
Offensivemid (left): Bruma
My 3 strikers: Munir, Vincent Aboubakar, Harry kane

Which version should i use?
for patch 15.3 none my tactic working yet
for lower patch you can use whatever you want, no filter

Hi pl3rious

I've been using and adapting your tactics throughout FM15 and pre-patch they were incredible. V4 is the best of the lot, IMO.

I've tried your 15.3 'Garbage' tactic and I found some games it was just like pre-patch, getting results like 10-0, 11-0 every so often, including a 7-1 away win at league leaders Chelsea (as Man Utd in season 1), but I also found I was having games where I was struggling, scoring 3, letting in 4 etc. Most games turned into high scoring battles and after 16 games I was 6th in the league

I got impatient and tried a few tweaks to the attack, no success. I wanted to keep your 'Overload' style as this is what is so exciting...but after tweak after tweak I finally stumbled on something, however I've thrown out the 'Close down less' instruction for the centre backs and got the opposite route. I'm still scoring for fun, but I'm conceding VERY FEW goals. By far the best defence in the league in season 2 (I ended 2nd in season 1 after tweaking and going on a 12 game win streak with my new version). I was 18 league games into season 2 having won 17 game, scored 69 ((K)) and conceded in 7 (!!). My only losses have come in the Carling cup with a 1-0 loss at home to the might Cambridge and a 3-0 loss away in the Champions League to Basel, however both games I fielded pretty much a youth team.

I'm in no position to post my tweaked as screenshots or post the tactic right now but here is what I've done for anyone who wants to try for themselves;

I've changed the team instructions to include 'Much higher tempo' and 'push up higher' (Sorry, that may have been in originally but I cant check right now) and I've changed my CB's and WBs individual instructions to 'Close down much more' and 1 of the CB's is now a ball playing CB, although I don't feel this tweak is essential. Ive also changed the indvidual instructions of the WBs which I'll post below.

As well as the above, I changed the DM to Anchor Man on defend but overall the rest of the set up LOOKS pretty much the same as your 'Garbage' tactic.

The changes:

(Now, I'm doing this from memory as my laptop is currently screwed but as soon as i'm back on it I'll post screenshots and the actual tactic, only with your permission, pl3rious)

Team instructions should be as they are in 'Garbage', but I've added 'Much Higher tempo', 'Push up higher', 'Use tighter marking' and 'Play narrower'. Sorry if any of those are already in your tactic, I can't remember, but I know i've got 13 team instructions in total so I may have also removed 1 or 2.

Player instructions: Centre backs should have 'Close down much more' as their only instruction and one of them as a ball player is optional.

WBs - Shoot less often, get further forward, tackle hard, close down much more and cross more. But the key ones for me are 'Run wide with ball', 'Stay wider' (as it has helps my attacking play and seems to get them in better positions when I lose possession).

DM - Changed to Anchor Man to added more stability.
Note: I've had pretty much the same success by actually playing 3 centre backs and losing one WB. It looks odd but if you up the IF and the anchor man on the side that you are using it works almost as well.

Sorry, I know that was a little long winded but thought I needed to explain while I'm unable to 'prove' it. If I remember anything I've missed I'll add it to this post.

EDIT: I saw an improvement straight away in the defence, but the difference once it was fully fluid was incredible so give it chance.

Last edited:
you can post your tweak here mate
if the tactic result is very good like you say, i will admit you are bad possession creator for 15.3 :)

Back