Barca sign Mascherano

• Thread starter Thread starter BBC Sport
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 140
  • Views Views 7K
Still to say we could trust rafa to buy a suitable/decent replacement is just stupid. Did he replace Alonso Properly? I would say Roy made more good signings then bad signings at fulham. still he is written off before he started.

Alonso is irreplaceable. There is no better passer in the world and the ones who come close are valued at double what Alonso was. He tried to sign a box-to-box midfielder to try and link the play up rather than a passer, granted, it never worked. He had to rush into signing a 'replacement' and it never came off for him. I agree, he did, but that was at Fulham. I am not writing him off I am fully backing Roy but Rafa would be the best man for the job.

No. I said Rafa would sign a better replacement than Roy. Not we'd finish better than if we had Roy. I'm fully behind Roy, I'd be fully behind any manager we had but I'd much rather have Rafa than Roy. Better manager all-round.

How can you say that before you see Roys replacement, and you cant tell who rafa would sign, for all you know, he could of signed Michael Brown.

Well I predicted us to finish 8th this season, I'm not expecting champions league football next year, but don't worry United's financial position will be exactly the same in a few years.

I will Bring you to this:

The more i read, the more i feel sorry and realise how big this is for liverpool. Adminstration when you have a fan base that higher is criminal. ( I know we could be in this situation in 2-3 years, but can we not point score at this stage, and prey)

http://www.fm-base.co.uk/forum/f18/liverpool-ponder-chinese-takeover-t43642/page16.html

as you can see, i know this could be us, but still thats not the point.

Cracking signing for a brilliant price as well. Hard luck to Liverpool, and a shocking price from their side...but if you have the chance to get a player at cut price and kick a club in the balls as it's already on it's ****...I don't think many teams would turn that down.

With Mascherano anchoring Barca next season, allowing Xavi and Iniesta so much freedom to feed Messi, Pedro and Villa, it will be an unstoppable force! Can't wait.

How can you not rate Mascherano much? He might not be the best DM in the world, granted, but every game he played for Liverpool he gave everything. Did his job, and fully justified what pool paid for him.

Sad to see him leave the Premiership.

don't get me wrong i think hes a good player but i just think he is overated thats all.

Well he bought Alonso for 12M, and turned him from a rather unknown player, to one of/if not the best passer in the world, and sold him for 30 million, well more than doubled what he paid.

How can you say that before you see Roys replacement, and you cant tell who rafa would sign, for all you know, he could of signed Michael Brown.

Scott I would love to be proved wrong but Roy is going to sign players below Liverpool's standard. Rafa would never have signed Michael Brown for one reason... he is ****.

---------- Post added at 01:40 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:38 PM ----------

Wonder who Roy spends that money on, if he gets it...

He definitely won't get 100% of it. At least 25% will be in Hicks' back pocket with another 25% in Gillette's back pocket. He will get a third of it if he is lucky.

I also agree with Scott that pool should sign Etuhu. the lad has come a long way and woy gets the best out of him. He also commits less fouls than Mascherano.

Calm down. We could have trusted Rafa to sign a good replacement, that was my point. Roy will probably sign Dickson Etuhu or Chris Baird..

Chris Baird dominated the midfield against Juventus, I'm not sure he'd want to take the step down tbh.

I also agree with Scott that pool should sign Etuhu. the lad has come a long way and woy gets the best out of him. He also commits less fouls than Mascherano.

He is not good enough for Liverpool, not even one of Fulham's better players..

Mascherano doesn't commit as many fouls as you'd think. His tackling accuracy is massive, one of the best in the Prem, if not the best. Etuhu can't defend like Masch and he isn't that much better going forward either. Rather sign someone like Steven Defour.

don't get me wrong i think hes a good player but i just think he is overated thats all.

Fair enough :)

I don't think he's overrated, as I said before I think that in every game he's played for Liverpool, he's proved his worth to the club.

18M is such a bargain.

Well he bought Alonso for 12M, and turned him from a rather unknown player, to one of/if not the best passer in the world, and sold him for 30 million, well more than doubled what he paid.

To call Alonso Unknown before you signed him in laughable from a man who was laughing at utd fans called Ronaldo Unknown. Alonso was starting in a La Liga side, playing uefa cup football at the time. it is like calling Marek Hamsik unkown because he isnt english.

I have no ******* idea how people know that Rafa would sign a better replacement than Roy. What're you basing that on?

To call Alonso Unknown before you signed him in laughable from a man who was laughing at utd fans called Ronaldo Unknown. Alonso was starting in a La Liga side, playing uefa cup football at the time. it is like calling Marek Hamsik unkown because he isnt english.

Who's Marek Hamsik? <)

i dont neccesarily think signing Etuhu is the way forward, but i dont think he would be an awful signing either.

---------- Post added at 01:45 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:44 PM ----------

Who's Marek Hamsik? <)

okay buddy, i cant spell and i am slightly if not fully retarded, Nothing new. ;)(K)

He may commit less fouls, but that's because he does less tackles. Mascherano had the most tackles/win ratio last season, around 76% I think. In NO way is he over-rated.

I have no ******* idea how people know that Rafa would sign a better replacement than Roy. What're you basing that on?

Roy's determination to prove himself a hypocrite by signing players from his former club?

He is not good enough for Liverpool, not even one of Fulham's better players..

Mascherano doesn't commit as many fouls as you'd think. His tackling accuracy is massive, one of the best in the Prem, if not the best. Etuhu can't defend like Masch and he isn't that much better going forward either. Rather sign someone like Steven Defour.

Liverpool are re-building not making a push for titles, Etuhu would be a deecent player for when Poulsen is out. And as for defour it would be a gamble for 2 reasons, he hasen't ever played in the PL and he has just come back from a really bad injury.

I didn't know him before we signed him. He was playing for Real Soceidad, hardly a well known team

---------- Post added at 01:49 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:48 PM ----------

Liverpool are re-building not making a push for titles, Etuhu would be a deecent player for when Poulsen is out. And as for defour it would be a gamble for 2 reasons, he hasen't ever played in the PL and he has just come back from a really bad injury.
Lucas > Poulsen

Back