Barcelona's Sergio Busquets faces Uefa action over racist abuse claims

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ferguson gets charged for complimenting a referee, Busquets gets let off for racial abuse.

Way to go UEFA.

Ok firstly before I start I will say that I don't condone racism at all and IF Busquets said it he should have been banned.

[video=youtube;PY87wexZsqQ]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PY87wexZsqQ[/video]

Video posted above.

Can anyone be 100% certain that he said Mono? I don't think they can. It is clear Busquets has said something and you could have a guess it was bad by the way he covers his mouth but it doesn't prove he was racist. Uefa would have to be 100% sure to charge him and the video doesn't give definitive answer. On a charge such as racism they have to be 100% sure that it is true and I believe the video doesn't give sufficient evidence. Asked a couple of people on the IRC room and they all agreed.

As I said I don't condone racism and I hate Busquets (should be banned for diving) but to charge him for racism a delicate issue then they have to be 100% sure.

I'm not a native speaker of Spanish, but I've studied it for some time and I can tell you that Busquets doesn't say "mono" in that clip.
He doesn't say anything like "you are" either, but I can see him saying something like "mucho".

Without doubt. He's never hid his hatred of how strong the Premier League is. How nice for a League to be hated because of being so strong and having one of the most successful clubs in English football history. Can't remember a time when I'm going to be rooting for a rival club so much. I want Brit teams to do well, but now I want Fergie to give Platini the biggest footballing slap ever.

He'll probably change the rules so a Barca goal is worth 10 and a United goal is worth half. He may as well, after the way he's blatantly just disregarded the rules.

Ok firstly before I start I will say that I don't condone racism at all and IF Busquets said it he should have been banned.

[video=youtube;PY87wexZsqQ]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PY87wexZsqQ[/video]

Video posted above.

Can anyone be 100% certain that he said Mono? I don't think they can. It is clear Busquets has said something and you could have a guess it was bad by the way he covers his mouth but it doesn't prove he was racist. Uefa would have to be 100% sure to charge him and the video doesn't give definitive answer. On a charge such as racism they have to be 100% sure that it is true and I believe the video doesn't give sufficient evidence. Asked a couple of people on the IRC room and they all agreed.

As I said I don't condone racism and I hate Busquets (should be banned for diving) but to charge him for racism a delicate issue then they have to be 100% sure.

Looks to me like he said "Mono, mono".

You can never be 100% sure though. If you mouth the word "colourful" it looks like "I love you" so you can't be 100% sure, but to me that looks pretty certain that he's said "mono".

Looks to me like he said "Mono, mono".

You can never be 100% sure though. If you mouth the word "colourful" it looks like "I love you" so you can't be 100% sure, but to me that looks pretty certain that he's said "mono".

Fair play. You think he says Mono which is fair. I have had a look and asked most people at work and most people are unsure on the matter. If you can't prove it 100% don't think he should be banned.

Fair play. You think he says Mono which is fair. I have had a look and asked most people at work and most people are unsure on the matter. If you can't prove it 100% don't think he should be banned.

Yeah I agree with not banning him if you're not 100% but it just seems weird that everything seems to be going in Barcelona's favour.

on another topic, similar to this, some time ago some guy said it was a ****** conspiracy theory that UEFA is helping barcelona and practically called me a blind idiot who only sees real madrid as good, and is saying anything just to be against barca....

No punishment for racist remarks, others would be banned for them... someone still thinking uefa isn't helping Barcelona? Open your ****** eyes if you still think UEFA isn't helping Barca

If he played for any other team, he'd be banned, but obviously helping their beloved Barcelona is more important than stopping racism in football.

If their not 100%, of course he wont be banned. OMGZ BARCE GETZ EVERYFING. No.

If their not 100%, of course he wont be banned. OMGZ BARCE GETZ EVERYFING. No.

Yeah, he must have been saying yoyo yoyo even though 20+ best experts at lip reading would say that he said mono mono

Definetely UEFA is not helping barca, never was... No incidents the last time they won the CL, and no incidents will be seen this time

Although seen as very unbiased, UEFA can not charge someone without any real evidence. I have watched the video a few times and it looked like he did say "mono mono" but like someone else said, many words look the same when lip reading so you can not be sure.

I was never one for believing UEFA "help" Barcelona (although they actually got this one spot on) but things do point to as if they are.

Well agree with the decision by UEFA in general although this may well be disruptive to Barcelona's hopes, I loved how last season he play acted to get Thiago Motta sent off in the CL Semi-Final only for Jose Mourinho to park a ****** cruise ship infront of goal and deny Barca the win

Actually why am I even reacting badly to him not getting punished?

I just won a bet, around 5€, betted against a friend that Busquets wouldn't be banned for such remarks... Oh well

If he didn't say "mono mono" what did he say?
Why would Marcelo accuse him of saying "mono mono" if busquets didn't say it, would make Marcelo look like a *** if it was proved wrong.

Surely UEFA can use advanced sound engineering to extract the specific sound from Busquets as well? Plus in the context of the situation, other alternatives that look similar wouldn't make sense. Plus Marcelo would have to have made a wild guess that Busquets looked like he said mono, accused him of it, and by miracle the video actually looks like him saying that.

Surely UEFA can use advanced sound engineering to extract the specific sound from Busquets as well? Plus in the context of the situation, other alternatives that look similar wouldn't make sense. Plus Marcelo would have to have made a wild guess that Busquets looked like he said mono, accused him of it, and by miracle the video actually looks like him saying that.

They would have done if it wasn't Barcelona I reckon. It seems UEFA have done everything they can to find UEFA FC innocent.

Seriously though, I think the statement UEFA are sending out is if you can be racial abusive to someone discreately (sp) then your get away with it.

Pfft. And Barca say they don't get special treatment.

Status
Not open for further replies.