Becks to the Future - A David Beckham Story

Status
Not open for further replies.
captura-de-pantalla-2011-05-04-a-las-15-03-20.png

OCTOBER 2013

memo.jpg

(Guillermo Ochoa arriving for training this week)

EUROPA LEAGUE - GROUP B
THURSDAY 3rd OCTOBER 2013
BALAIDOS

CELTA (1 - 1) DINAMO
Khouma Babacar

A hard earned point tonight, as we remained unbeaten in the group.

LIGA BBVA
SUNDAY 6th OCTOBER 2013
BALAIDOS

CELTA (1 - 0) BARCELONA
Augusto Fernandez

What a fantastic result and it could've been more, but for Babacar missing a penalty. We deserved the
win and it was made the more pleasing when Guillermo Ochoa saved a Neymar penalty in the first half.

LIGA BBVA
SATURDAY 19th OCTOBER 2013
BALAIDOS

CELTA (0 - 0) DEPORTIVO

A disappointing draw, though all credit has to go to the Deportivo keeper, as he saved everything
we hit at him, so it was no surprise he was named man of the match.

EUROPA LEAGUE - GROUP B
THURSDAY 24th OCTOBER 2013
BATE STADIUM

BATE (0 - 0) CELTA

Bore draw this evening, as neither side really got going.

LIGA BBVA
SUNDAY 27th OCTOBER 2013
SAN MAMES BARRIA

ATHLETIC (1 - 0) CELTA

Despite this loss, our first in six games, I could still take some positives from the performance
and I can definately see the improvements in our results since I took over last season.

COPA DEL REY - 4th ROUND(1st Leg)
WEDNESDAY 30th OCTOBER 2013
EL COLLAO

ALCOYANO (0 - 4) CELTA
Santi Mina, Sergio Ayala, Nick Powell, Michael Krohn-Dehli

Tonight's game gave me the opportunity to not only rest some of my key players, but more importantly
I decided to give some of the clubs promising youth players a chance to shine and I wasn't left disappointed,
as Santi Mina grabbed a debut goal, Sergio Ayala, on loan from Barcelona, also grabbed his first for the club,
but Tomas Mosquera impressed me the most, with two assists and a man of the match award.

View attachment 342783View attachment 342784

View attachment 342787

NOVEMBER 2013

images

LIVERPOOL WANT BECKS

images

The owners of Liverpool Football Club have identified Celta Vigo Manager David Beckham, as the man they would like to replace the sacked Brendon Rodgers and help revive the clubs fortunes.

Sky Sports News understand that a formal approach to open talks with Beckham will take place this week and many well known bookies have even stopped taking money on the former England midfielder taking the hot seat at Anfield.

Despite the speculation, there has been no comment from the Beckham camp that he is keen on joining 'The Reds' and with the bitter relationship between Manchester United and Liverpool, the thought of Beckham, who is a United hero, managing a fierce rival is something that many pundits believe impossible to happen.

Other names in the frame for the job if Beckham does decline the approach are Malaga boss Manuel Pellegrini, Slaven Bilic and QPR's Harry Redknapp.

Last edited:
Pretty good month. Are you going to leave or not?

Pretty good month. Are you going to leave or not?

Cheers mate. Well you will have to wait to find out I'm afraid........hehe. Next update will be tomorrow though, as off out with the wife tonite. :p

You grip me with more tension than one of my stories!!! Perform a Owen-like move.

You grip me with more tension than one of my stories!!! Perform a Owen-like move.

Cheers buddy, glad you are enjoying. Well the approach hasn't been made yet, but I will have a hard decision to make if it does. Update will be tomorrow, as out for a few drinks tonite. Cheers.

dont do it lol make history with celta. do a klopp!!?? only settle for united or chelsea (chelsea fan, wanted becks here for years)

dont do it lol make history with celta. do a klopp!!?? only settle for united or chelsea (chelsea fan, wanted becks here for years)

Haha, I'm loving being Celta, but want to try and rival Sir Alex's legacy and beat how many trophies he's won. But also want to build a legacy at a club in England, though that's not saying I won't start one at Celta. Being a Spurs fan, not sure I could manage Chelsea, even with Becks, lol, and Benitez is still in charge on my game. Sorry mate, hope you will still follow. Cheers. (H)

NOVEMBER 2013

b_300_200_16777215_00_http___i2.cdn.turner.com_cnn_dam_assets_130516101746-beckham-waving-horizontal-gallery.jpg

(Could I be waving goodbye to the Celta fans??)

LIGA BBVA
SATURDAY 2nd NOVEMBER 2013
EL SARDINERO

RACING (0 - 2) CELTA
Augusto Fernandez, Paulo Miranda

Despite the speculation surrounding my future, the players remained focus and performed admirably
against a Racing side recently promoted.

EUROPA LEAGUE - GROUP B
THURSDAY 7th NOVEMBER 2013
BALAIDOS

CELTA (0 - 0) BATE

We kept up our hopes of qualifying for the knockout stages, with a lackluster performance, as the
players started to tire towards the end of the game due to our recent run of games and the small
squad I have at my disposal.

images

BECKHAM SET TO LEAVE CELTA?

david+backham-480x215.jpg

SKY SPORTS PRESENTER: " We have some breaking news just reaching us at the Sky Sports News
desk and it's
regarding David Beckham. The pictures you are seeing(above), is of Beckham leaving the Celta
Vigo training ground, amidst speculation that he is set to leave the Spanish club.

These rumours are all the more intriguing, as Celta host Real Betis in our live Spanish Football tonight on Sky
Sports 2 and we understand that Beckham will not be in charge of team affairs!

As always we will bring you more once we have it and keep you right up to date after this short break. "

LIGA BBVA
SUNDAY 10th NOVEMBER 2013
BALAIDOS

CELTA (0 - 1) BETIS

I wasn't in charge of tonights game, due to the media speculation that I was on the verge of leaving the
club, so I decided to stay away and let my Assistant Ray Wilkins look after the team.
After the final whistleI made my way into the changing rooms to let the players know that the speculation
was indeed true and I would be leaving the club with immediate effect. I thanked them for all their hard work
and efforts on and off the pitch and wished them all the best for the remainder of the season.

images

BECKHAM TO JOIN LEVERKUSEN
pic_b_1110.jpg

SKY SPORTS PRESENTER: " Earlier we broke you the news that David Beckham was on the verge of
leaving Celta Vigo and now we can go live to Gary Cotterill who is outside the Celta training ground
and can hopefully bring us some more news. "

GARY COTTERILL: " Yes, I can now confirm that David Beckham has left Celta and will join German side
Bayer Leverkusen on a three year deal worth a reported £37,000 per week. Beckham said his goodbyes to
his squad last night following the one nil defeat to Real Betis and is as we speak on his way to the Bundesliga
to take charge at the Bay Arena. "

SKY SPORTS PRESENTER: " You had a chance to get a brief chat with Beckham as he left. And he had
mixed emotions about saying his farewells. "

GARY COTTERILL: " He was clearly very proud of what he has started here, especially after joining the club
at a time when they were fighting relegation, but the chance to manage a side in the Champions League seemed
to be the major factor. Here is what he said to me a short while ago..........."

DAVID BECKHAM: " I'm very sad to be leaving Celta at this time, but with the chance to manage in the
Champions League and take over a side six points from the top of the Bundesliga was an opportunity I felt I
had to take. I spoke with Sir Alex about the offer and he felt it would be a great platform to show my
managerial skills, especially now with German football doing so well. As with any player or manager you
want to win trophies and be the best and I feel I have a better chance with Bayer to fufill my ambitions
sooner rather than later.

GARY COTTERILL: " Before Beckham headed off to catch his plane, I asked him if he would manage
in England at some point in his career, especially after the Liverpool speculation early on in the week. "

DAVID BECKHAM: " I hope so, as I said when I bought Portland Timbers, my mentor and friend Sir Alex is
in my eyes the best manager around and I'd love to emulate what he has done at United. My dream would be to
create my own dynasty at a team in England and try and match or beat what he has done. But first I'm
looking forward to learning German and to test myself in the Bundesliga and hopefully start to win some trophies.
Liverpool did make an approach, but as you know I couldn't go there with my United roots, so it was a no go, right
from the initial contact."

GARY COTTERILL: " So that was David Beckham just before he headed off to catch his plane to Germany and
begin work as the new Bayer Leverkusen Manager. "

SKY SPORTS PRESENTER: " Thanks Gary. So Beckham will take over at Leverkusen from Sascha Lewandowski, who
was sacked following Bayer's defeat to Chelsea in the Champions League. They still can qualify from Group G,
providing they win their last two games. Leverkusen currently sit 12th in the Bundesliga, but are only six
points off top spot and with a German Cup game coming up, Beckham will be hoping one of the competitions at
least will bring him his first piece of silverware. "

Oooo have you left?!?! More.. more.

Yup I have, took me ages to decide, but felt I could win more sooner with Bayer, than with Celta. Enjoyed my time in Spain, but now with this challenge will be more pressure to succeed. (H)

Great move I think! Got some brilliant players I have come up against if they still their. Bender, Keibling, Leno the list goes on!

Great move I think! Got some brilliant players I have come up against if they still their. Bender, Keibling, Leno the list goes on!

Cheers mate, feel they have everything in place to really test myself to win trophies, before I look to build a legacy in England at a club that hasn't been done before(like a challenge). Bender isn't there, but other two are, plus Schlurre. Looking forward to it. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.