Becks to the Future - A David Beckham Story

Status
Not open for further replies.
Come on get a move on we're all waiting with anticipation :)

captura-de-pantalla-2011-05-04-a-las-15-03-20.png

FEBRUARY 2013

sp00074801-image.jpg

(Iago Aspas after scoring against Atletico)

LIGA BBVA
SATURDAY 2nd FEBRUARY 2013
VICENTE CALDERON

AT.MADRID (1 - 1) CELTA
Iago Aspas (Pen)

A fine draw, but looking back should have been three points given that the hosts were
reduced to 10 men midway through the second half. I can't be too harsh on the lads, despite
conceding the equaliser in the 86th minute, as we have taken 4 points off a side that is
predicted to finish in the top four.

LIGA BBVA
SUNDAY 10th FEBRUARY 2013
BALAIDOS

CELTA (2 - 1) VALENCIA
Danijel Pranjic(2)

If you'd said to me we would take four points against our last two opponents, I would've
taken it and to achieve it is a great feeling, as the players seem to be buying into the
style of football I'm looking for us to play. It was especially nice that the winner came from a
sublime free kick deep into stoppage time.

LIGA BBVA
SUNDAY 17th FEBRUARY 2013
COLISEUM ALFONSO PEREZ

GETAFE (2 - 1) CELTA VIGO
Samuel

Having gone from the jubilation of winning a game in the dying moments, the tables
were turned this afternoon, as we suffered from dropping a point with virtually the
last of the game.

LIGA BBVA
SUNDAY 24th FEBRUARY 2013
BALAIDOS

CELTA (0 - 0) GRANADA

Despite their being no goals, this was a good point considering our opponents
are playing above themselves, as they currently sit 3rd in the league.

View attachment 341244

MARCH 2013

Prediksi+Celta+Vigo+vs+Real+Zaragoza+23+April+2013+Liga+Spanyol.jpg

(Young Celta fans showing their passion)

LIGA BBVA
SUNDAY 3rd MARCH 2013
RAMON SANCHEZ-PIZJUAN

SEVILLA (0 - 0) CELTA

Another pleasing point against strong opposition.

LIGA BBVA
SUNDAY 10th MARCH 2013
BALAIDOS

CELTA (0 - 0) REAL MADRID

Yet another stalemate, but to get anything against a side as talented as our opponents is
a fantastic achievement, as we defended very well and limited them to a few chances.

LIGA BBVA
SATURDAY 16th MARCH 2013
RIAZOR

DEPORTIVO
(0 - 1) CELTA
Samuel

At last a win and a goal. It was a very dull game and I'm getting slightly worried with
the lack of goal scoring opportunities we are creating, but when you are in a relegation battle
you take the three points how ever they come.

LIGA BBVA
SATURDAY 30th MARCH 2013
BALAIDOS

CELTA (0 - 1) BARCELONA

What a performance by the players tonight and we were very unlucky not to draw the game.
The goal came from Messi in the 77th minute. After being awarded, in my opinion a very dubvious
free kick, Messi somehow managed to bend the ball up and over the wall and in off the cross bar
to seal the win for Barca.

View attachment 341249

Last edited:
i cant wait for the next instalment of this!!! Most exciting story for a long long time!!

APRIL 2013

Prediksi+Celta+Vigo+vs+Atletico+Madrid+9++Mei+2013+Liga+Spanyol.jpg

(Celebrations following our third goal against Rayo)

LIGA BBVA
SUNDAY 7th APRIL 2013
BALAIDOS

CELTA (3 - 0) RAYO
Iago Aspas, Samuel(2)

A brilliant win for us tonight against a side just below us in the league. We were fantastic
for the whole game and never let our opponents have a shot on goal.

LIGA BBVA
MONDAY 15th APRIL 2013
IBEROSTAR ESTADI

MALLORCA (0 - 3) CELTA
Iago Aspas(2), Pranjic

Simply superb again for the second game running. The lads are really starting to play to their
potential and are pulling together as we start to move away from the relegation zone.

LIGA BBVA
MONDAY 22nd APRIL 2013
BALAIDOS

CELTA (0 - 1) ZARAGOZA

We were dreadful tonight and after the recent praise, I feel very let down by the teams
performance and to make matters worse it allowed our visitors to close the gap on us.

LIGA BBVA
SUNDAY 28th APRIL 2013
CIUTAT DE VALENCIA

LEVANTE (1 - 1) CELTA
Iago Aspas

Another disappointing result and we needed a late equaliser to ensure we got a point against
the side rooted to the bottom of the league. We really need to start to improve our performances
against the teams less superior than ourselves or we will be dragged back into the relegation zone.

Forgot to save League Table - Sorry!

MAY/JUNE 2013

scale.php

(Augusto Fernandez celebrating)

LIGA BBVA
SUNDAY 5th MAY 2013
BALAIDOS

CELTA (0 - 0) ATHLETIC

A dull draw, but one we'll take as we were playing against a side 4th in the division and
we showed we are no pushovers as we matched our opponents for large spells.

LIGA BBVA
SATURDAY 11th MAY 2013
BENITO VILLAMARIN

BETIS (0 - 1) CELTA
Iago Aspas

I was very proud with this result, as we outplayed our hosts who are sitting 6th in the table.
This win shows we can compete with the teams higher up the table and if we can take that
mentality into the games against weaker opposition we should stay away from the drop zone.

LIGA BBVA
WEDNESDAY 15th MAY 2013
BALAIDOS

CELTA (0 - 0) OSASUNA

A boring and very frustrating game, as again we turned in a mediocre showing following our
superb display at the weekend. This is something I will need to work on with next season in mind,
as we are throwing away valuable points.

SPANISH CUP - FINAL
SATURDAY 18th MAY 2013
BERNABEU

CELTA (2 - 3) BARCELONA
Iago Aspas(2)

Very very unlucky not to win the cup, as we matched Barca for the full ninety minutes.
With the lads tiring towards the end of the game, Barcelona were able to bring on the big guns
and it was Fabregas who scored the winner in the 91st minute.

Despite the loss, we qualified for the Europa League next season.

LIGA BBVA
TUESDAY 28th MAY 2013
NUEVO JOSE ZORRILLA

VALLADOLID (1 - 2) CELTA
Iago Aspas, Toni

Great response following our cup final defeat and two of the best goals we have scored this
season. This result means we will be playing in the Spanish top division next season.

LIGA BBVA
SATURDAY 1st JUNE 2013
BALAIDOS

CELTA (0 - 1) ESPANYOL

Disappointing way to end the season, but I did tinker with my squad and allowed some of
my fringe players some time on the pitch, as I started to plan for next season.

View attachment 341569

JULY 2013

PRE SEASON AND TRANSFER NEWS

View attachment 341660

OUT'S:

Iago Aspas to Granada - £8.75M -
I was very disappointed to lose Iago, but when I tried to renew his contract, he wanted wages that would've broken our wage structure and currently I feel we can't do that, so when Granada met his minimum release fee I could only hope Iago would want to stay, but unfortunately the lure of Champions League football was too much.
Iago's departure means I will need a top striker to fill his boots and someone who can find the net regularly.

Fabian Orellana to Rayo - £1M - A good squad player, who on his day can be a top player, but with his desire to leave and play more regular football, I didn't stand in his way.

IN'S:

View attachment 341661

Guillermo Ochoa from AC Ajaccio - £6.5M - With no recognised keeper at the club since Javi Varas returned to Sevilla, I needed a quality reliable number 1 and Guillermo wI hope will become a key player in any success we are to have.

View attachment 341662

Paulo Miranda from Sao Paulo - Season Loan - Similar story as above, with Marek Suchy and Gustavo Cabral going back to their clubs following loan spells, I needed to bring in another centre back and when I was offered Paulo on loan, I felt he would be ideal to partner Samuel at the heart of my defence.

View attachment 341663

Aly Cissokho from Valencia - Season Loan - Aly is someone I've had my eye on sice I arrived and I'm delighted to welcome him to the club and I'm confident his experience at left back will provide the extra consistency I'm looking for.

View attachment 341664

Lucas Biglia from Anderlect - 7M - My biggest signing to date and a player I have very high hopes for. Again, Lucas has been brought in to replace the loan midfielders that have left the club and will give us an extra dimension to the midfield area.

View attachment 341665

Nick Powell from Man Utd - Season Loan - Nick was offered to me by Sir Alex, as he feels Nick is ready to test himself at the highest level. Some think it's a risk to throw him in straight away, but I'm confident with the right exposure Nick can make a big contribution.

View attachment 341666

Mohamed Salah from Basel - £2.3M - After seeing Mohamed a few times in action for Basel lately, I was very happy that he expressed an interest to play at a higher level and I hope he will provide our fans with many exciting performances.

View attachment 341667

Macaulay Chrisantus from Las Palmas - £1M - Orginally bought as back up to Iago Aspas, Macauley is another player I've been scouting over the past couple of months and hopefully with the right guidance and training he can become a top striker.

View attachment 341668

Khouma Babacar from Fiorentina - £6M - I've spent a lot of time scouting Khouma since the sale of Aspas and I'm confident that once Khouma gets to grips with our style of play, he will become the striker I've been after to fill the boots left by Iago and help ease the doubts some of our fans have currently.

FRIENDLY
SATURDAY 27th JULY 2013
COLISEUM ALFONSO PEREZ

ALCORCON (1 - 4) CELTA
Paulo Miranda, Mohamed Salah, Toni, Macaulay Chrisantus

A nice win and performance, with all the new signings but Khouma Babacar, playing their first
games for the club, as we prepared for the start of our Europa League journey in fine style.

Last edited:

AUGUST 2013

images

(Me looking sharp during an interview midweek)

EUROPA LEAGUE - 3rd Qualifying Round(1st Leg)
THURSDAY 1st AUGUST 2013
MESTSKY STADION

MLADA BOLESLAV (0 - 5) CELTA
Augusto Fernandez(2), Macaulay Chrisantus(3)

A fantastic away performance by the lads tonight, as we destroyed our opponents. Macaulay Chrisantus
stole the show as he bagged three on his competitive debut.

EUROPA LEAGUE - 3rd Qualifying Round(2nd Leg)
THURSDAY 8th AUGUST 2013
BALAIDOS

CELTA (2 - 1) MLADA BOLESLAV
Celta win 7 - 1 on aggregate
Macaulay Chrisantus, Toni

A highly professional job by the lads tonight, as they made sure complacency didn't creep in, as
we easily went through to the next round.

LIGA BBVA
SUNDAY 18th AUGUST 2013
BALAIDOS

CELTA (2 - 0) LAS PALMAS
Toni, Macaulay Chrisantus

Despite the tiredness of a hectic pre seasonwith our Europa games, we kept our focus and secured
a fine win against a newly promoted side.

EUROPA LEAGUE - 4th Qualifying Round(1st Leg)
THURSDAY 22nd AUGUST 2013
SHERIFF

SHERIFF (0 - 2) CELTA
Macaulay Chrisantus, Samuel

The lads again continue to impress me with their drive and focus. Where some players moan about
tiredness, the squad have just knuckled down and got on with it. Also, the new signings have made
a fantastic start to their careers and
long may it continue.

LIGA BBVA
SUNDAY 25th AUGUST 2013
JOSE RICO PEREZ

HERCULES (1 - 0) CELTA

It was only a matter of time when all the recent travelling would start to have an effect on the team, so
with that in mind I did make a few changes to freshen the side up, but unfortunately it didn't pay off.

EUROPA LEAGUE - 4th Qualifying Round(2nd Leg)
THURSDAY 29th AUGUST 2013
BALAIDOS

CELTA (3 - 0) SHERIFF
Toni, Macaulay Chrisantus, Khouma Babacar

Brilliant, absolutely brilliant. We responded in fine form with a nice victory to ensure we will
enter the group stages. Khouma Babacar made his long awaited debut
and he sealed his substitution
appear
ance with a well taken penalty.

View attachment 341799

View attachment 341795

Last edited:
Doing well mate! Just a bit of a gutter you lost aspas

I know mate, he wanted a new contract and was on £10K a week, but wanted 45K and I couldn't afford it, so reluctantly had no say in the matter when Granada met his release clause. It happens I guess, just hope new signings can replace him. :D

I know mate, he wanted a new contract and was on £10K a week, but wanted 45K and I couldn't afford it, so reluctantly had no say in the matter when Granada met his release clause. It happens I guess, just hope new signings can replace him. :D

That's a big jump from 10k! You've made some shrewd transfers I'd say. Goodluck

SEPTEMBER 2013

images

(Celebrating our opener against Barca)

LIGA BBVA
SUNDAY 1st SEPTEMBER 2013
BALAIDOS

CELTA (3 - 2) GRANADA
Khouma Babacar(3)

With all the talk about Iago Aspas's return, I had to make sure the players were focused on
the game and they did just that. A great three points and especially pleasing that Iago's
replacement, Khouma Babacar grabbed a hat trick.

LIGA BBVA
SUNDAY 15th SEPTEMBER 2013
COLISEUM ALFONSO PEREZ

GETAFE (0 - 2) CELTA
Samuel, Nick Powell

Another great win and performance. It's very nice to see the squad now playing the style of football
we have been working hard on in training and now we are seeing the benefits of all the work the backroom
staff have been doing in helping the team perform this way.

EUROPA LEAGUE - GROUP B
THURSDAY 19th SEPTEMBER 2013
EMIRATES STADIUM

ARSENAL (0 - 1) CELTA
Oubina

Simply brilliant and we should've won by more. It was nice to go back to England and be involved
in a game in a fantastic stadium. To hear the passionate English fans singing throughout, has made
me start to think that in the future I'd like to manage back home, where I would experience the passion
and excitement of English football again, but this time as a manager.

LIGA BBVA
SUNDAY 22nd SEPTEMBER 2013
BALAIDOS

CELTA (1 - 1) VALENCIA
Khouma Babacar

Great to keep our unbeaten league form going, but we had to come from behind to get the
point that we deserved.

SPANISH SUPER CUP FINAL - 1st Leg
WEDNESDAY 25th SEPTEMBER 2013
BALAIDOS

CELTA (1 - 1) BARCELONA
Samuel

We completely matched our visitors and in truth we could've quite easily won the game. But going
to the Nou Camp will be a tough ask, but I'm confident we could cause an upset.

SPANISH SUPER CUP FINAL - 2nd Leg
SATURDAY 28th SEPTEMBER 2013
CAMP NOU

BARCELONA (3 - 0) CELTA
Barcelona win 4 - 1 on aggregate.

Livid and furiuos I was as we were harshly beaten by the officials tonight. I will probably end up
getting in trouble with the FA following my post match comments, but after seeing the hosts given three
penalties and us having a legitimate goal disallowed, I have every right to be fuming.

View attachment 341829

That's a big jump from 10k! You've made some shrewd transfers I'd say. Goodluck

I know mate, couldn't believe it. I was willing to make him my highest paid player, but wasn't going to run the risk of ruining the finances. Yeah I feel the signings I've made will see a big improvement in performances this season. Cheers mate.

Hi Guys,

Will be more updates soon, had quite a busy week and have a pretty hectic weekend too. But will try and get another instalment or two done when I have a spare few mins. Hope you are still enjoying it. :)

Cheers

Status
Not open for further replies.