Best Fans in England???

Its passion for the club you love.

Bullshit. Some of the **** posted has nothing to do with passion for your club, you can stand up for your clubs without turning it into a slagging match.

Ridiculous. I can't go to Villa matches too often at all, living in London, but you're saying just because I physically can't go to VP to watch them it means I'm not a supporter? Since when does money have anything to do with being a supporter? Some people might not be able to afford tickets: does that mean they're less of a supporter than the rich person up the road who can?

I hate this "oh if you don't go to see them you're not a fan" mindset. There's a whole range of reasons why some people can't, and it doesn't make them less of a supporter.

I agree mate. I live in Ireland and spend alot of time in Europe so dont always have the time nor the money to make it to Elland Road for Leeds matches, but when I can, I do. If I lived in Leeds, id have a season ticket, but again, probably wouldn't be able to get to most matches due to being abroad, this doesnt make me any less of a supporter.

Exactly, what does money have to do with being a support. Id say GodCubed, like myself probably buys Villa shirts, just as I and my family buy Leeds shirts so are contributing to the team and showing our support by wearing the team colours. This doesnt make us any less a supporter than someone who can go to every match, it all comes down to the means of getting there and some people not being able to do so.

I know a lot of supporters of teams, that have never been near Anfield, Stamford Bridge, Old Trafford etc let alone to a match.

How are you a supporter if you are not supporting them financially? How else do you support your team? Just saying 'I support X' has no meaning if you don't actually support them in some meaningful way. In this case, going to the games.

you could be buying official merchandise, donating money to official websites etc etc...

Because I like to call myself a Liverpool supporter, but as I live in the Faroe Islands, I would have to pay 400 maybe 500 pound just to watch one game. And as much as I love Liverpool, I just cannot afford that.

How are you a supporter if you are not supporting them financially? How else do you support your team? Just saying 'I support X' has no meaning if you don't actually support them in some meaningful way. In this case, going to the games.

You can support a team without giving them money, you know. It's a sad, capitalistic indictment on football if you have to pay to be a fan, because basically that is what you're saying. You have to pay money to have the right to be a fan nowadays? Over my dead body. I support Aston Villa, and I support them financially, but there is no way in **** I would apparently stop being a supporter as soon as I stop paying them money. I have an emotional attachment to Villa, and I'll be damned before that emotional attachment degenerates into something as dirty and greedy as money. I've probably spent more money on Arsenal than I have on Villa, have probably gone to see more games of theirs because my friend is a Red Ticket holder and can get me games to go to at the relatively nearby Emirates, where I spend money on the ticket and on food and drink. Does this make me more of an Arsenal supporter than a Villa supporter? No way. Never.

Saying "I support X" and MEANING it has a **** of a lot of significance. Anyone can say "I support X", but not all of them can say it with any meaning. As I said earlier (and you conveniently ignored), some of us can't go to games due to whatever reason. I reiterate: does that make them less of a supporter?

Liverpool or Spurs for me.

Always singing, especially Spurs considering they were outsinging Inter, while in Milan, while 4-0 down.

You can support a team without giving them money, you know. It's a sad, capitalistic indictment on football if you have to pay to be a fan, because basically that is what you're saying. You have to pay money to have the right to be a fan nowadays? Over my dead body. I support Aston Villa, and I support them financially, but there is no way in **** I would apparently stop being a supporter as soon as I stop paying them money. I have an emotional attachment to Villa, and I'll be damned before that emotional attachment degenerates into something as dirty and greedy as money. I've probably spent more money on Arsenal than I have on Villa, have probably gone to see more games of theirs because my friend is a Red Ticket holder and can get me games to go to at the relatively nearby Emirates, where I spend money on the ticket and on food and drink. Does this make me more of an Arsenal supporter than a Villa supporter? No way. Never.

Saying "I support X" and MEANING it has a **** of a lot of significance. Anyone can say "I support X", but not all of them can say it with any meaning. As I said earlier (and you conveniently ignored), some of us can't go to games due to whatever reason. I reiterate: does that make them less of a supporter?

dam straight mate, totally agree.

I pay money to go see Chelsea and Dortmund, but i pay nothing what so ever to Boca, and i like them :D

It's down to choice, if you have the money and want to buy it then good, but that doesnt make me more of a fan, then say some one who watches every game on MOTD

Would a team rather have, the same 1 person coming to 3 or 4 games a season, in his teams colours, screaming/shouting/singing in support of his team with passion in the crowd with everyone else because this is all he can afford, or even coming to 1 match a season, joyous when they win, in tears when they get relegated. OR the rich guy, who rents a box for a match, brings his rich friends in and dont really want the match or even know who the players are, just there for entertainment or to say they were they. These people bring more money in but have no passion or knowledge of the team/history etc.

Id rather have the first guy.

Gotta be Everton Fans , They sell out most of their away games allocation , So it's gotta be Everton , plus we suffer also..

I would give Leeds a shout , what O'leary and risdale did to the club was disgusting , great club , doing well under Grayson on a tight budget..good on him.

Gotta be Everton Fans , They sell out most of their away games allocation , So it's gotta be Everton , plus we suffer also..

Im impartial on this thread, because i think there's no real answer but i have to massively disagree with this...

Everton fans are the only team in the country that sits down away from home, in my eyes that is a massively poor effort!

Im impartial on this thread, because i think there's no real answer but i have to massively disagree with this...

Everton fans are the only team in the country that sits down away from home, in my eyes that is a massively poor effort!

They are consderate to fellow supporters , that's what makes them the best..But If we are going to be neutral I would probably say Newcastle..

from my exp i'd say leeds millwall and newcastle.

liverpool fans do support well. but from the ones i know, they have no concept of realism.

from my exp i'd say leeds millwall and newcastle.

liverpool fans do support well. but from the ones i know, they have no concept of realism.

Liverpool fans are delusional , they live too much in the past..

Well, no it is not. If you are not in the stadium you are not a supporter. You are a follower. If you do not support you club financially, exactly how are you supporting them? By watching a TV? :S

It did not use the word 'fan'. I used supporter. There is a difference. A supporter supports, a fan follows.

If people like us stop watching matches on TV, do you think Clubs get as much TV revenue as they are getting now? We subscribe to whatever channel the game is telecasted, and thereby increasing TV revenues.

Two fans:
Liverpool fans like everyone else said.
They cheer for their team even if Liverpool is 0-3 down. They clearly have the best fans.

Panasonic fans
I like them. ;)

Firstly, as a chelsea fan, The Atmosphere at the Bridge can be the best in the country, and it can be the worse. And it's the same with other clubs, I've been to the emirates and it's been quiet, i've been to Anfield, Goodison and Old Trafford, it's been quiet for the Majority of the match, with Chelsea fans being really loud.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=11MQnQ8QjJs"]YouTube - Greatest YNWA ever[/ame]

Need I say more?

Liverpool fans are delusional , they live too much in the past..

Everton fans just focus on Liverpool? Majority of your chants are about Liverpool, the fans and players. Also loved at the derby when Everton fans were chanting, 'Going down going down going down', despite being below us in the league?

Last edited:
Spurs fans. Did u hear them the other night. You couldn't even hear th AC Milan fans and there were like over 50,00 more than them

Well, no it is not. If you are not in the stadium you are not a supporter. You are a follower. If you do not support you club financially, exactly how are you supporting them? By watching a TV? :S

Sky is one of the main reasons clubs make so much money. So it is supporting them financially. Hate the idea people have if you don't go to games you are not a real supporter.

And to answer the question, I'm not sure, but from the Premier League I'd say Liverpool/Toon/Stoke.