Best Fans in England???

Did you go to watch when we played you? That was a ****** fantastic day out!!

My bias is obviously going to show, but Rovers fans are pretty good. In one season we nearly dropped out of the league and we were always filling our away allocation, no matter who it was against.

Non Bias: Pompey fans, the **** they've put up with is unbelievable. But they still turn out in their numbers singing their hearts out.

Another set of fans that I admire are Carlisle, for one reason, their closest away game is Hartlepool (Ithink). They are a nice bunch of people and were very friendly when they came down to us. I think they took about 500 down. Which imo is a very respectable number!!

Yeah I'll agree with Pompey. Awesome fans.

Obviously have to say liverpool and think i would even if i wasnt a liverpool fan

but other teams i respect west ham and newcastle fans

That was Champions League, You go to any Home Champions League Semi Final game and every one is buzzing

And as for Liverpool fans, the best in the world?

Dont make me laugh, I'm Actually taking a Scouse fan to a Borussia Dortmund game in the next couple of months (If my Schalke fan cousin pulls his finger out, lol) to show him that Dortmund sing louder.

I know what you mean, they're some way off being the best in the world! Probably are the best in England though, I'll admit that. Teams like Besiktas, Panathinaikos, Dortmund etc. are a lot better and there's many others, just can't think atm.

Very biased i know but i can justify why i say this. West Ham arguably have the best fans in England.

For a side who is in a relegation fight near on every season, we still turn up consistently home and away, and you all know, when we really get behind our team we our possibly one of the loudest sets of fans in the country. In my honest opinion, if arsenal or chelsea were in the same situation as us they wouldnt sell out their ground, yet our average attendance is 33,273 this season.

Very biased i know but i can justify why i say this. West Ham arguably have the best fans in England.

For a side who is in a relegation fight near on every season, we still turn up consistently home and away, and you all know, when we really get behind our team we our possibly one of the loudest sets of fans in the country. In my honest opinion, if arsenal or chelsea were in the same situation as us they wouldnt sell out their ground, yet our average attendance is 33,273 this season.

Well.. Newcastle got 45k+ avg attendance when we were in the Championship, I am sure, by your theory, that Newcastle have amazing fans then? :)

Well.. Newcastle got 45k+ avg attendance when we were in the Championship, I am sure, by your theory, that Newcastle have amazing fans then? :)

Was just going to say that mate lol, pressed some keys and internet went abit wonky, yeah Newcastle completely the same, if not better in their circumstances.

Everton and liverpool are great fans.
Burnley's fans are brilliant.
West ham take top spot for me, sang the same song coninously for 30 minutes >.<, exceptional support

Sigh.

West Hams Average attendance this season - 28182

7k under.

Newcastle/Liverpool fans for me

Good away fans are Stoke,West Ham,Millwall and Man Utd who I would say prob have best away fans in England though their home fans are ****.

Good home fans Pompey have impressed me when ever we have played them.

Good away fans are Stoke,West Ham,Millwall and Man Utd who I would say prob have best away fans in England though their home fans are ****.

Good home fans Pompey have impressed me when ever we have played them.

This. Was waiting for someone to post this. Our away fans are fantastic.

Admittedly skipped page 4, but the argument about supporting by watching TV. Well, tbh, I wouldn't say TV deals are really that healthy for football, ticket prices, along with the TV deals, have shot up over the last 20 or so years. It was £ 11 to get into the 1988 Old Firm Derby ( Gough last min equaliser for those interested) it's now £40. Just saying, lower ticket prices etc. would increase attendances nationwide. Not saying a TV fan cares any less or more than a fan who goes to the games, but I've made my point :)

Best fans in England ? Judging by the teams who have been at Ibrox, and the times we have been in England, would have to say either Portsmouth, great wee atmosphere when we went there last summer, or Newcastle, had a great atmosphere when they came up this summer :)

That was Champions League, You go to any Home Champions League Semi Final game and every one is buzzing.

Allow me to correct you there.

That was a european night for Liverpool FC*

Any match that Liverpool play in at europe will have fantastic support, it's in the blood.

Toon.

They travel miles and miles, selling out at places like Fulham, and no offence, arn't even top-six. That imo, is dedication. And the passion up there is amazing.

Liverpool or Newcastle. Honourable mentions to Everton :)$), Pompey and West Ham.

Allow me to correct you there.

That was a european night for Liverpool FC*

Any match that Liverpool play in at europe will have fantastic support, it's in the blood.

Really? Wasn't like that when Chelsea went there on a European night and won 3-1

gonna be biased and say Leeds fans. Drawing an average of 26K in the championship. drew a similar average for all 3 seasons in league 1. Also always bring a great following for away games. 3000 all the way down to Porstmouth is a great achievement

Really? Wasn't like that when Chelsea went there on a European night and won 3-1

Actually, it was. I was there, obviously it's not as good when we were getting spanked, but still wasn't bad.

Yeah, Portsmouth > Newcastle > rest of England.

The best homes fans ive been to would have to be West Ham (though they were winning 4-0) or Pompy.
The worst would have to be Wigan closely followed by Man City. I was surprised by how quiet man city were last season in the carling cup despite it being such a big game and Wigan fans, well they just dont sing.