Best Fans in England???

Actually, it was. I was there, obviously it's not as good when we were getting spanked, but still wasn't bad.

Yeah, Portsmouth > Newcastle > rest of England.

Erm, not really. I was there too, and it wasn't that loud...it wasn't like the Famous European nights we get told about.

But then again, a was at Anfield when Liverpool went through on Pens and with the Phantom goal...that was Loud.

Really? Wasn't like that when Chelsea went there on a European night and won 3-1

Well obviously you must've been watching through the TV and had the volume on low.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1jfNLx3HwMQ"]YouTube - Never Ending YNWA[/ame]

Skip to 2:00. Inabit matey.

Plastic

man utd have good away fans but definalty not best in england, even when liverpool are away they still outsing most home fans (most recently chelsea). worst home fans are utd and deffo wigan, when wigan scored at anfield i coudnt hear a thing from the 3 wigan fans that turned up

man utd have good away fans but definalty not best in england, even when liverpool are away they still outsing most home fans (most recently chelsea). worst home fans are utd and deffo wigan, when wigan scored at anfield i coudnt hear a thing from the 3 wigan fans that turned up

Yep, Wigan frustrate the **** out of me. They have a Premier League team when there are teams like Leeds, Notts Forest and even Sheff Wed who have fans who deserve it much, much more.

Everton and liverpool are great fans.
Burnley's fans are brilliant.
West ham take top spot for me, sang the same song coninously for 30 minutes >.<, exceptional support

Kinda agree apart from the Burnley bit, they definitely aren't brilliant!

Very biased i know but i can justify why i say this. West Ham arguably have the best fans in England.

For a side who is in a relegation fight near on every season, we still turn up consistently home and away, and you all know, when we really get behind our team we our possibly one of the loudest sets of fans in the country. In my honest opinion, if arsenal or chelsea were in the same situation as us they wouldnt sell out their ground, yet our average attendance is 33,273 this season.

you see, the problem with the west ham argument, is that you could look at leeds united, they have been through effin' **** for the last 6 or so years, yet their names are still popping up on this list, bristol rovers fans, any of you go to elland road for the last game last season? any views on that atmosphere?

to the man united fan, i must say, i was shocked standing in the away end at Scum and not hearing you sing once, i suppose its the kind of support you havent seen in a while, 9000+ Yorkshire men all singing and shouting.

im trying to keep this non-bias, but i honestly think the sooner leeds are back in the prem, the better, too many plastic grounds with plastic fans,

in terms of quietest... id go with arsenal, for a "big team" i was appauled, i have been to walsall and stockport and they make more noise than arsenal did in our f.a cup game this season.

would like to mention that i do not rate pompy. just seems a guy with a drum is the best they can do, also hate teams who play music when they score, im sure burnley fans will remember what can happen if you drop a 2-0 lead and play music when you score..

you see, the problem with the west ham argument, is that you could look at leeds united, they have been through effin' **** for the last 6 or so years, yet their names are still popping up on this list, bristol rovers fans, any of you go to elland road for the last game last season? any views on that atmosphere?

to the man united fan, i must say, i was shocked standing in the away end at Scum and not hearing you sing once, i suppose its the kind of support you havent seen in a while, 9000+ Yorkshire men all singing and shouting.

im trying to keep this non-bias, but i honestly think the sooner leeds are back in the prem, the better, too many plastic grounds with plastic fans,

in terms of quietest... id go with arsenal, for a "big team" i was appauled, i have been to walsall and stockport and they make more noise than arsenal did in our f.a cup game this season.

would like to mention that i do not rate pompy. just seems a guy with a drum is the best they can do, also hate teams who play music when they score, im sure burnley fans will remember what can happen if you drop a 2-0 lead and play music when you score..

Don't get me started on "na, na, na" it's so fake and cheesy, it makes them look so stupid!

Don't get me started on "na, na, na" it's so fake and cheesy, it makes them look so stupid!

agreed, so for your entertainment, take a look at the leeds fans taking the **** out of burnley

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BjfWKh4G0BI"]YouTube - Burnley v Leeds[/ame]

and sorry, but just stumbled upon this under my favourites

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iyTwpKmquRU"]YouTube - We can see you sneaking out - Marching on together[/ame]

Last edited:
First of all, we would have to define "best"

Everything else is simply banter

Maybe you think i'm bias, but I need to make a strong case for my team, Southampton.

- We have an unbeleivable fan-base
- We get a bigger home attendance every week than some Premier League teams, and most Championship teams, and we are in League 1!
- We took over 44,000 fans to Wembley last year in the JPT Final, which I heard was the most amount of fans any club has ever taken to Wembley!
- Our team has been through it all, and we are all still here.
- Over 15,000 S/T Holders in L1 (Including myself).

I really do hope you can consider Southampton! :)

West Ham - and im not being biast:

- We have had to put up with relegation battles for the past 3 years, but every week we still sell out our stadium.
- We are the 2nd loudest fans Away from home
- Over 26000 season ticket holder, including myself, so I think West Ham deserve a case.

Maybe you think i'm bias, but I need to make a strong case for my team, Southampton.

- We get a bigger home attendance every week than some Premier League teams, and most Championship teams, and we are in League 1!
- We took over 44,000 fans to Wembley last year in the JPT Final, which I heard was the most amount of fans any club has ever taken to Wembley!

Do you mean just for the JPT trophy, because I doubt it will be more than an FA Cup final or a European match..

West Ham - and im not being biast:

- We have had to put up with relegation battles for the past 3 years, but every week we still sell out our stadium.
- We are the 2nd loudest fans Away from home
- Over 26000 season ticket holder, including myself, so I think West Ham deserve a case.
You really arnt mate :p. You took under a thousand to old trafford.

Forest have good fans, when at home. Atmosphere is electric, especially at a Derby match and even more so when we beat them.

Can't say much about the away support though, never had chance to get to an away game.

your average this season is 21000, which is good but not as good as ours was for our 3 **** years ;) Leeds also got highest average home attendance in championship this season and it will go even higher after the 30000 plus that turn out for the Norwich game. Also whenever Leeds play away the home team always brings more fans because they know that Leeds are a huge club and want to see if they can beat us.

I'm not being biased at all in the slightest (just like everyone else...) but I think Partick Thistle have the best fans in the whole world because I once went to an away game and we had 500 fans and we even sang a song.

I'm not being biased at all in the slightest (just like everyone else...) but I think Partick Thistle have the best fans in the whole world because I once went to an away game and we had 500 fans and we even sang a song.

In honesty, Thistles fans are fairly decent, they make a reasonable-ish amount of noise for the numbers :p