• Ligue 1

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Bundesliga

Votes: 4 2.6%
  • Eredivse

Votes: 2 1.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
in my opinion the prem is sh*t, its always the same 4 teams winning and finshing in the top 4. my team (everton) and villa are the only ones that look like their gonna break into them. you can always predict what teams are going to win cups.

i personally vote bundesliga

in my opinion the prem is sh*t, its always the same 4 teams winning and finshing in the top 4. my team (everton) and villa are the only ones that look like their gonna break into them. you can always predict what teams are going to win cups.

how about portsmouth winning f.a cup or middlebrough wining carling cup?

That's because our league is so good!

This season has been one of the most open in years, one of the best outside the top four, Maybe we cant really call a league 'the best' as they all have positives and there flaws.

Yeah, have **** load of cups and you'll have many different teams winning them, as it's very stressful going for all titles in a season, so mostly teams don't.

And this is about the league, not CL or FA Cup or Ajax's friendcrap Cup.

The point in calling it the best league in the world is that the 20 teams in the premiership are better than the teams in any other first division. It doesn't make it the most exciting or whatever, just a better standard of football!

explain how the standard is better than La Liga or Seria A ?

you could work it out mathematicaly by taking each individual team in each league, looking at certain statistics and comparing them.

that would be mind numbingly boring tho

but it's ******* difficult to give arguments about this, I think prem is the best because top4 are all competitive for CL, only two in spain (maybe valencia if lucky with thier money problmes), one in bundesliga, one in italy (waiting for milan to come back) so right now the prem. This means the teams are at another level.

well a top 4 is better than a top 2 in Spain, or Italy.
In Recent Years Portsmouth,Tottenham have won cups, Millwall,Cardiff, Southampton and West Ham have been in cup finals too

maradona, baggio, romario, ronaldo, zidane, kaka, cristiano, messi

Those have been the commonly acknowledged number 1 of their time in their prime
since 25 years. One has played in england and is set to spain...

okay ye sure, lets forget, owen, henry, van nis, beckham, torres, gerrard, so on.... but no totally.

in arshavin,eduardo,nasri,walcott,adebayor,sagna,diaby!total £70mill-75millish
out:-henry,anelka,viera,petti,overmars,freddy,pires,ARSEcole,Gilberto,flamani,jeffers,wright,bentley,£100mill+

Oh dear, you can't just pick and choose players you want to include to make the finances look better. Arsenal are a big spending team. Just because Wenger is buying youngsters it doesn't mean that they are cheap. They all add up.

hmmm that is a tough one. Seeing as i am from Fiji, i would say the Fijian League, but we dont even have a professional league!

In terms of competitiveness, La Liga would be better than the Premier League as more teams contest challenges for Champions League and Uefa Cup (Europa League) spots, and you get the occasional team popping up and winning the league (Deportivo and Valencia).

The Premier League often lacks such a competitiveness as it can be assumed at the start of every season that Man Utd, Chelsea, Liverpool and Arsenal WILL finish either from 1st to 4th. The real competitiveness in the Premier League is usually contested for Uefa Cup (Europa League) spots and relegation.

While in terms of entertainment, the German Bundesliga, always has an exciting title run in as well as a vast array of goals.

And in terms of tactical struggles, i really think that Serie A would have the edge over the others. They may play a dull and predictive style of football for the tactically inept. But for those who appreciate seeing a team slowly breakdown and find holes in another, this is the league for you.

In conclusion, each league has its own strengths and weaknesses, but if there was to be an overall winner it would have to be the Premier League, because of the strength created through its big 4.

Reading all the posts here and not one has convinced me otherwise that the Prem is a worse league than spain or Italy so no point trying. You lot are failing miserably.

you could watch some other leagues on tv?

Oh dear, you can't just pick and choose players you want to include to make the finances look better. Arsenal are a big spending team. Just because Wenger is buying youngsters it doesn't mean that they are cheap. They all add up.

like who? ?

the premier league is the best cos you have less time on the ball than most leagues, so you need to be an intelligent player, also you need pace, and you need to be physical, its probably the most physical league, so you have to be a proper athlete, also, la liga is good, but i watch malaga here an theyre 5th at the moment, but theyre nowhere near as good as say aston villa, who are 5th in england, and really theres only one really good team in spain an thats barça, and u saw the gulf between 2nd in pl an 2nd in la liga, was a 5-0 aggregate win for liverpool, and deportivo who were in the uefa this season got battered by aalborg from denmark, who man city then went onto beat an city are pretty poor, easily the pl is the best 2nd is probably spain, but 3rd is ukraine, russia, germany or italy i think theyre around the same, an ukraine an russia no-one thinks but look at the uefa cup

aha in fairness, i think it was said the other day on arsenals website that arsene wenger has actually made more money from selling than spending, he has made somink like 40m profit

and that second line of your post that says petit overmars all add up stuff, we didnt spend over 100m for all of them put together i dont think, considering up until arshavin our highest ever buy was wiltord.

but off of that, i agree that arsenal are a big spending team if you want to add up everything over like 10 years, but i think we actually spend about a max of 20m a season, thats a max,

Last edited:
Back