• Ligue 1

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Bundesliga

Votes: 4 2.6%
  • Eredivse

Votes: 2 1.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Of course it's premiership_if u see all 20 teams and their value u would check that in spain exists a big hole between big and smaller teams

like who? ?

Well Arsenal spent 10.5 million on Reyes, could have risen to 17 million, and Slyvian Wiltord cost 11 million.
I'm assuming Asharvin must of been over 10 million to, although its undisclosed

It all depends on what you mean the best league because england teams dominate europe doesnt mean its the best league as i would say la liga has overall better teams for example Espanyol would destroy West Brom and their near enough the same positions in their different leagues.

It all depends on what you mean the best league because england teams dominate europe doesnt mean its the best league as i would say la liga has overall better teams for example Espanyol would destroy West Brom and their near enough the same positions in their different leagues.
ye but malaga are like 6th in la liga at the moment and everton would destroy malaga, and bottom of la liga is numancia, an west brom would beat numancia easily, espanyol are in the same position as newcastle an to me thats a fairly even match, but in my opinion easily the prem

Qaulity wise, meaning standard of play of course its the prem, I cant take any arguments against that seroiusly, why should I or anyone else.
But entertainment wise will always come down to personal taste

The Premiership, although bias probably comes into fruition here I personally think it's a no brainer.

Although predictable in who will finish in the Champions League spots (Though Spain completely rapes the Big 4 Ideology with a ridiculous Big 2 <_<) there is fantastic football from the top of the table to the bottom and you never truly know who will go down and who will stay up (Look at Newcastle in the relegation battle right now while Stoke seem safe, look at how Hull City were 3rd in the Premiership after a respectable amount of games). Now there are also the players to consider, if you think about the best players in the World at the moment, fair enough there are some in the Spanish, Italian and German leagues in particular. Yet if you were to gather a roster of the players with the most quality then the EPL would dominate and I am aware that it's not about the players themselves but the teams and how they play, yet I have tried to watch foreign football and never find myself truly entertained like how the Premiership entertains me. I suppose it's all a matter of opinion, yet if most opinions lead to the Premiership surely that says something?

Premiership for entertainment & goals,but the defending and tactics in english football are non exsistant,also Man.utd,Chelsea,Liverpool,Spurs & Arsenal are the only good teams.Man city,Aston Villa,Blackburn,Newcastle and the rest are ****!! fair play to Stoke this year for showing that if you play as a team & fight for one another you can achieve something.

Thats why i like Seria a,the game isnt anywhere near as slow as people keep making out,great skill,some good defending and tactically brilliant.Good teams like Milan,Inter,AS Roma,Juventus & Fiorentina,then you have Sampdoria,Napoli,Chievo,Torino & others.

As for best team,Madrid are a joke,they should join the MLS:P

Greatest team ever 'll Grande Torino' Torino team of the 40's who all but 2 of the entire squad,lost their lives on a flight back from Portugal after playing benfica in a friendly.And the 'Magical Magyars' Hungary team which included Ferenc Puskas,Sandor Kocsis,Jozsef Bozsik,Gyula Grosics,Karoly Sandor & Nandor Hidegkuti.

Goin to start a poll:D

On the other side we could say that the premier consists mainly on leaving huge spaces to the strikers and being unable to dribble therefore playing what you call ''direct football' in spain we'd say that the ball is burning your feet, beautiful football is spain in the euros, barça right now, keep possession, passing, dribbling, combinations, not a huge kick forward and let's see who takes it, and anyway a philosophy of football that still considers the use of a target man is a joke, anyway, guess you only watch premier and you're gonna have a surpirse when you'll see your famous invincible top 4 being raped by barça. The best coaches you have are foreigners, the best players you have are foreigners as well. Don't speak of la liga without watching a game.

Premiership for entertainment & goals,but the defending and tactics in english football are non exsistant,also Man.utd,Chelsea,Liverpool,Spurs & Arsenal are the only good teams.Man city,Aston Villa,Blackburn,Newcastle and the rest are ****!! fair play to Stoke this year for showing that if you play as a team & fight for one another you can achieve something.

Thats why i like Seria a,the game isnt anywhere near as slow as people keep making out,great skill,some good defending and tactically brilliant.Good teams like Milan,Inter,AS Roma,Juventus & Fiorentina,then you have Sampdoria,Napoli,Chievo,Torino & others.

As for best team,Madrid are a joke,they should join the MLS:P

Greatest team ever 'll Grande Torino' Torino team of the 40's who all but 2 of the entire squad,lost their lives on a flight back from Portugal after playing benfica in a friendly.And the 'Magical Magyars' Hungary team which included Ferenc Puskas,Sandor Kocsis,Jozsef Bozsik,Gyula Grosics,Karoly Sandor & Nandor Hidegkuti.

Goin to start a poll:D
agree about madrid. luis aragones legacy, barca will not rape chelsea. i'm going say it will be a low scoring game.

On the other side we could say that the premier consists mainly on leaving huge spaces to the strikers and being unable to dribble therefore playing what you call ''direct football' in spain we'd say that the ball is burning your feet, beautiful football is spain in the euros, barça right now, keep possession, passing, dribbling, combinations, not a huge kick forward and let's see who takes it, and anyway a philosophy of football that still considers the use of a target man is a joke, anyway, guess you only watch premier and you're gonna have a surpirse when you'll see your famous invincible top 4 being raped by barça. The best coaches you have are foreigners, the best players you have are foreigners as well. Don't speak of la liga without watching a game.

the best manager in the premier league is sir alex based on trophies, an he's from scotland, so that aint foreign, after that, is probably arsene wenger, fair enough hes french, but people like david moyes, martin o'neill who have built good young teams, are british managers, an the thing about all the best players bein foreign, messi best in la liga, isnt spanish,samuel eto'o, thierry henry, higuain, aguero, forlan??not spanish, so thats a flawed argument, an in my opiion, in the top 4 in england, the most influential players that the team needs more than anyone are english, except arsenal, utd-rooney is better all round than ronaldo, 10 rooneys would beat 10 ronaldo's, liverpool, gerrard is their best player, he's everywhere, he's so influential, chelsea, john terry an probs lampard too, an then arsenal is probably fabregas, but you could go through every team in the rem, an say their best player is most likely english, an chelsea will beat barca, n target man system is not a joke, dno how you can say that tbh

well now to be honest I got heated because here people seem to despise madrid a lot and I think maybe you base all your assumptions on the liverpool game. I said before that for me, as potential CL winners as element of comparation (bad english), the prem is the best, but I also think that beautiful football is more likely to be seen in spain or even holland before england (the target man thing is just something we southerners don't understand). On the other side, I would like just you guys to give some credit to la liga, we ain't exactly moldavia, here nobody gives credit to la liga and most of the guys that don't are guys who watch spanish teams only in CL, to be able to judge, let aside with objectivity, the less they could do is watch a game once in a while in la liga. And tbh, for me football ain't about kicking long balls and let see if the big guy gets it and so on, I prefer tennis. Anyway, I just want you guys to understand that you're underestimating a lot spanish football, that's all. I'm palying a bit the devil's advocate here because I am certainly the only spaniard with some activity in this forum. To us, beautiful football is tiki-taka so you can understand why I wonder a bit when people say that british football is better (besides arsenal). You're more powerful, no doubt about it, but beautiful football is somethign else, that's pretty much my whole point. Now, since I don''t want to make ennemies of eevrybody around here I guess I'll say nothing more, but I don't know, watch barça-madrid, 2 may at 20 GMT, I don't think we should be ashamed of your top 4.

well now to be honest I got heated because here people seem to despise madrid a lot and I think maybe you base all your assumptions on the liverpool game. I said before that for me, as potential CL winners as element of comparation (bad english), the prem is the best, but I also think that beautiful football is more likely to be seen in spain or even holland before england (the target man thing is just something we southerners don't understand). On the other side, I would like just you guys to give some credit to la liga, we ain't exactly moldavia, here nobody gives credit to la liga and most of the guys that don't are guys who watch spanish teams only in CL, to be able to judge, let aside with objectivity, the less they could do is watch a game once in a while in la liga. And tbh, for me football ain't about kicking long balls and let see if the big guy gets it and so on, I prefer tennis. Anyway, I just want you guys to understand that you're underestimating a lot spanish football, that's all. I'm palying a bit the devil's advocate here because I am certainly the only spaniard with some activity in this forum. To us, beautiful football is tiki-taka so you can understand why I wonder a bit when people say that british football is better (besides arsenal). You're more powerful, no doubt about it, but beautiful football is somethign else, that's pretty much my whole point. Now, since I don''t want to make ennemies of eevrybody around here I guess I'll say nothing more, but I don't know, watch barça-madrid, 2 may at 20 GMT, I don't think we should be ashamed of your top 4.

ye listen mate i live in spain, and i support malaga, an i watched em last season in segunda, so i do know a bit bout spanish football outside madrid an barca, and also the reason for the target man is simple,like for example here in malaga, i've played like 11-a side, an every game is played on high quality astro turf, so it doesnt matter what the weather, the pitch is always excellent, and therefore you can play good footall like tiki-taka, cos all the teams down here do, because you can! whereas, in england, in november december its raining everyday, an you're lucky if the match is on because the pitch is so bad, cos is just like grass pitches at the local park etc, so if the game is on, you're not playin on grass, you're playin on mud, an if you try an play beautiful short pass on the floor football, it wont work because the ball gets stuck in the mud, so whats the easiest way to get the ball forward to the strikers, if you cant play on the ground, is kick it long to a big man, an thats why we use this system, because whereas over here in spain the kids are taught to play tiki-taka in england the kids are taught to play that way, because thats the best way to win in the conditions we get in our country, thats why we use the target man system, and also as experience to both i have played football in malaga, for a team with 9 of the 11 players english against a completly spanish team, and the spanish team were far better because, they know how to play, but if it was reversed, and you took that spanish team to england in november and they played that football, as i said before, it wouldnt work, really its all down to weather why countries play the way they play, an thats why we have these contrasting styles

Last edited:
I know how it is, I've played in england. Anyway, I guess this thread is over, if it ever was open, and ****, everybody has got his opinion, prem is the best but that doesn't mean liga is bad, you just have more ''firepower'' in CL.

prem by miles the fastest and have you seen in the successes in europe the last few years the strongest

ye listen mate i live in spain, and i support malaga, an i watched em last season in segunda, so i do know a bit bout spanish football outside madrid an barca, and also the reason for the target man is simple,like for example here in malaga, i've played like 11-a side, an every game is played on high quality astro turf, so it doesnt matter what the weather, the pitch is always excellent, and therefore you can play good footall like tiki-taka, cos all the teams down here do, because you can! whereas, in england, in november december its raining everyday, an you're lucky if the match is on because the pitch is so bad, cos is just like grass pitches at the local park etc, so if the game is on, you're not playin on grass, you're playin on mud, an if you try an play beautiful short pass on the floor football, it wont work because the ball gets stuck in the mud, so whats the easiest way to get the ball forward to the strikers, if you cant play on the ground, is kick it long to a big man, an thats why we use this system, because whereas over here in spain the kids are taught to play tiki-taka in england the kids are taught to play that way, because thats the best way to win in the conditions we get in our country, thats why we use the target man system, and also as experience to both i have played football in malaga, for a team with 9 of the 11 players english against a completly spanish team, and the spanish team were far better because, they know how to play, but if it was reversed, and you took that spanish team to england in november and they played that football, as i said before, it wouldnt work, really its all down to weather why countries play the way they play, an thats why we have these contrasting styles

Excellent point, well said ;)

Lol Because i have faith in your team to finish 1st this year i'll say the SPL comes 2nd BUUUTTTTT by a country mile thats the best i can offer sir lol

SPL will be decided on saturday by far whoever wins, wins the league... in my opinion anyway.

From what I can tell by the thread name its says best league the world, meaning highest quality of players, highest standard of football.
Not entertainment, or best for free flowing football, there 2 different things.
England is obviously strongest at the moment, the evidence is there that they are dominating Europe of late.

definetly prem league after barca-chelsea game. barca looked immense against madrid but against chelsea they looked average and did not deserve to go through.

in my opinion it hs to be the prem asi think that th prem has more strrength in depth meanin that on their day even th bottom teams can be a match for the top teams fro example everybody struggling against stoke this season and i jus don see this kind of thing happenin in la liga much

even though i am choosin the prem i still see la liga as a very close second as technically its a very good league and every team plays football which is why i like to also watch la liga

Back