Votes: 14 2.8%
  • Aston Villa

Votes: 8 1.6%
  • Liverpool

Votes: 24 4.9%
  • Other

Votes: 49 9.9%

• Total voters
It used to be Man utd in the 90's but with many more clubs now putting money into their youth setups, nowadays I would say Arsenal are catching up as well as well as Man. City, but some lower league clubs like Crewe deserve a mention too. I know i'm a bit biased backing Man Utd in this thread but the amount of talent that has passed through the doors at Old Trafford is staggering, many youngsters fail at Utd. then go onto to forge professional careers somewhere else

Arsenal obviously! They know how to nurture players like no other club ive seen

To be honest, is there a best youth academy in England? With the high standards of Man Utd, Arsenal, West Ham, Man City just to mention a few, it's impossible to decide who the best is.

All of them produce a handfull of quality players from time to time but never constantly. I guess it's just the luck of getting to the right players when their young.

I would have to say Arsenal, not only do they give youngsters a chance more than other clubs, not only do they have top of the range academies with the best training ground andd facilities in england but they have a large scouting system giving many youngsters in different league for different ages a good chance of becoming a footballer but I must say QPR have a Very Good youth system and shouldn't be ruled off.

I can see why you said this because your a fan, but Mancienne is struggling in the EPL, and I've never even seen them other two. So definetly not the best, Terry is the only good thing to come out of there is ages.

Terry is an over-rated defender. his DC partner always carries him, im not saying he is an awful one just over-rated

What about Forest? Obviously we havent got the best one, but we have quite a decent set up.

Sorry that I'm commenting something that is 2 weeks old and sorry Max but...

Darren Fletcher has been with Man United his whole career and is totally produced by Man Utd.

hmm this thread is still being debated, arsenals are all knicked from spain and france, west ham or man city or man united, man city do win the youth cup most years, anyone know how its goin this year?

we're still in the youth cup. only the third round stage though. that french guy paul pogba scored.:D

cool i heard hes very good
ill find out how its going and post it on this thread if y'all would like

umm yeah thats why man city have won the youth cup 3 years running.........
our players are english eg
Nedum Onouha
Micah Richards
Stevie Ireland
Nicky Weaver
Ishmael Miller
Shaleum Logan
Kelvin Etuhu
Dickson Etuhu
Lee Croft
Alex Nimely Tsuichmeni (spelling)
And there are many more, plz correct me if i missed any lads

kelvin and dickson etuhu are nigerian, born in kano, nigeria.
stephen ireland, is irish.
Alex Nimely Tsuichmeni is a liberian who opted for england when liberia came calling, optimistic....

and i actually lol'd when i read the words 'nicky weaver'

Yeah it is quite funny Joe you said some of the players on the United list were dreadful and then you list Nicky Weaver haha :P

Im pretty shocked that chelsea have 8 votes thats quite high? My knowledge on them are pretty low but surely they havent produced that many players.:S

Last edited:
yeah some biased Chelsea fans. They don't deserve a vote at all in comparison to the othe Academies.

john terry is the only notable product of their academy in recent years. mancienne looks ok but isnt overly impressing me at wolves.

so much for roman abromovich's statement that he was investing massively in youth facilities and fully expected a complete squad of home grown players within ten years....

how can you list Liverpool? they produced Ste G, Carra, Owen yonks ago. who in the last 5 years?

Back