Blackburn 3-1 Liverpool

What is your View of all this going on at Blackburn and who do you think they will actually sign?

Thanks for the question Scott, IMO it appears to be a absolute shambles. We have new Indian Owners, great who seem to want to invest in the club, great. They seem very ambitious, great and look like they want us to be known for good football, great.

However,

1) Sam Allardyce - Although I was quite happy to see the back of him, I know that we were difficult to beat and were very safe under his control, I am a football fan and would prefer to see us play good football, a la Blackpool. Hughes was much better. BUT, I was happy on the assumption that they had someone else in mind (Jol, Neill etc.) and were going to appoint before January. But then to put in Steve Kean (former Groundsman) and say they are unlikely to appoint until the end of the season. This was extremely worrying as we were no way near clear of a relegation fight, something which Big Sam I was sure would steer us clear of.
Now we have appointed Steve Kean it seems and he isn't doing too badly and football is better (but not great yet). It is still too early to tell.

2) The owners - As I said everythign seems OK but even at this early stage they are showing signs of not knowing anything about football. The woman in charge after being asked "have you seen a live game?" answered "no but I've seen a lot of games on Telly"...hmmm. Then the issue with signings, and it seems a third party firm will have a say in transfer dealings. I don't like this and am a big believer that the manager should know best and it be left up to him.

3) Ronaldinho - Ridiculous, would have been nice to have a replica shirt with his name but thats all. He owuld have flopped and would have cost us ridiculous money. It has made us look stupid. I would prefer us to spend the money more wisely and bring in a couple of good signings. We obviously have some money for wages and transfers and would be happy paying some bigger names in the region of 40k-60k per week. Why not - Adel Taraabt &
Becchio.

Its still early to make judgement but its certainly a very strange start IMO to their ownership. I think the key thing for us is to ensure that John Williams still has a pivotal and influencial role in our club as under his stewardship he has done us well. Although there has been talk about him being sacked....

Thanks for the question Scott, IMO it appears to be a absolute shambles. We have new Indian Owners, great who seem to want to invest in the club, great. They seem very ambitious, great and look like they want us to be known for good football, great.

However,

1) Sam Allardyce - Although I was quite happy to see the back of him, I know that we were difficult to beat and were very safe under his control, I am a football fan and would prefer to see us play good football, a la Blackpool. Hughes was much better. BUT, I was happy on the assumption that they had someone else in mind (Jol, Neill etc.) and were going to appoint before January. But then to put in Steve Kean (former Groundsman) and say they are unlikely to appoint until the end of the season. This was extremely worrying as we were no way near clear of a relegation fight, something which Big Sam I was sure would steer us clear of.
Now we have appointed Steve Kean it seems and he isn't doing too badly and football is better (but not great yet). It is still too early to tell.

2) The owners - As I said everythign seems OK but even at this early stage they are showing signs of not knowing anything about football. The woman in charge after being asked "have you seen a live game?" answered "no but I've seen a lot of games on Telly"...hmmm. Then the issue with signings, and it seems a third party firm will have a say in transfer dealings. I don't like this and am a big believer that the manager should know best and it be left up to him.

3) Ronaldinho - Ridiculous, would have been nice to have a replica shirt with his name but thats all. He owuld have flopped and would have cost us ridiculous money. It has made us look stupid. I would prefer us to spend the money more wisely and bring in a couple of good signings. We obviously have some money for wages and transfers and would be happy paying some bigger names in the region of 40k-60k per week. Why not - Adel Taraabt &
Becchio.

Its still early to make judgement but its certainly a very strange start IMO to their ownership. I think the key thing for us is to ensure that John Williams still has a pivotal and influencial role in our club as under his stewardship he has done us well. Although there has been talk about him being sacked....

Fair Evauluation... I think Adel is a work of Art, My Father is a QPR Supporter and loves the bloke, He just oozes in class..

Liverpool owners consider Hodgson's future

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Liverpool's owners are considering whether to sack manager Roy Hodgson but no decision has yet been taken, BBC Sport understands.

Liverpool are 12th in the Premier League table following Wednesday's 3-1 loss at Blackburn - their ninth defeat in 20 top-flight games this season.

With over half the campaign gone, the 18-times league champions are currently four points above the relegation zone.
Hodgson left Fulham to take charge at Anfield in July.

The 63-year-old replaced Spaniard Rafael Benitez but has struggled to win over the Liverpool fans as his side have laboured in mid-table.

A 1-0 home defeat by Wolves on 29 December piled the pressure on Hodgson before Saturday's last-gasp 2-1 win over Bolton looked to have earned him some breathing space.

However, following the poor performance at Ewood Park, Hodgson refused to discuss his future and said only that he felt "dejection, bitter disappointment, frustration" at the result.

The former Inter Milan, Blackburn and Switzerland boss was appointed by Liverpool before the current owners, New England Sports Ventures, took over the club in October.

source

Liverpool have won only 2 league games away from hom in the entire 2010.

Under Benitez in 2010 They beat Burnley . They lost to Arsenal, Wigan & United and drew with Stoke, Wolves, Man City, Birmingham & Hull.

Under Hodgson they only beat Bolton away. They lost to City, United, Everton, Stoke, Spurs & Newcastle and drew with Birmingham & Wigan.

Terrible away from.

Liverpool have won only 2 league games away from hom in the entire 2010.

Under Benitez in 2010 They beat Burnley . They lost to Arsenal, Wigan & United and drew with Stoke, Wolves, Man City, Birmingham & Hull.

Under Hodgson they only beat Bolton away. They lost to City, United, Everton, Stoke, Spurs & Newcastle and drew with Birmingham & Wigan.

Terrible away from.

So thats

9 under Rada

and 5 under Woy

Wow only 4 points between God and the Devil according to some.

Liverpool owners consider Hodgson's future

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Liverpool's owners are considering whether to sack manager Roy Hodgson but no decision has yet been taken, BBC Sport understands.

Liverpool are 12th in the Premier League table following Wednesday's 3-1 loss at Blackburn - their ninth defeat in 20 top-flight games this season.

With over half the campaign gone, the 18-times league champions are currently four points above the relegation zone.
Hodgson left Fulham to take charge at Anfield in July.

The 63-year-old replaced Spaniard Rafael Benitez but has struggled to win over the Liverpool fans as his side have laboured in mid-table.

A 1-0 home defeat by Wolves on 29 December piled the pressure on Hodgson before Saturday's last-gasp 2-1 win over Bolton looked to have earned him some breathing space.

However, following the poor performance at Ewood Park, Hodgson refused to discuss his future and said only that he felt "dejection, bitter disappointment, frustration" at the result.

The former Inter Milan, Blackburn and Switzerland boss was appointed by Liverpool before the current owners, New England Sports Ventures, took over the club in October.

source

Does anyone think that because the Premier League is relatively more open this season (i.e. anyone can beat anyone) that it has saved liverpool from being even lower in the league?

Anfieldonline
BBC Sport reporting reds 'deciding' on Hodgson future, local radio reporting 'activity' at Anfield. Plenty of press around L4 today.

Don't believe all this "deciding on Hodgson's future" bullshit, it's more a case of when he's sacked now, not if.

It's strange theirs activity at Melwood, considering the players were meant to have a day off...

Some journo's are even taking swipes at NESV and questioning whether they can run an English football team from Boston with limited football knowledge. Bit harsh i'd say. Only took over 6 months ago.

Don't believe all this "deciding on Hodgson's future" bullshit, it's more a case of when he's sacked now, not if.

It's strange theirs activity at Melwood, considering the players were meant to have a day off...

Some journo's are even taking swipes at NESV and questioning whether they can run an English football team from Boston with limited football knowledge. Bit harsh i'd say. Only took over 6 months ago.

Just for a change, i will say, the Same amount of time Hodgson has had, Is there any Difference?

News from Rawk - Heard from a reliable source statement to be released at 1pm local time to announce Hodgson and LFC to be parting by ‘mutual consent’.

220844515.jpg

NESV are new to English Football...
Hodgson is not.

So Hodgson is better equipped then them? And NESV are not new to running a sporting franchise.... Whilst Hodgson is new to a big english club....

Liverpool fans have resorted to this now.

kennyv.jpg

So funny, desperate times.