Blasphemy! Seven clubs lock horns for the title after sir Alex Ferguson's retirement!

• Thread starter Thread starter KevinHann
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 2K
  • Views Views 373K
Are my eyes deceiving me... or is THE Emile Heskey back in England? surely worth a write up about ;)

PS Silent reader and loving the amount of detail you put in this story!

Sure it is - if anybody wants to - be my guest to step in under the lights!

View attachment 421553
View attachment 453750
Transfer Deadline Day Watch

Gary Lineker: Good morning, sunshines! Wake up and tune in for our Transfer Deadline Day watch... Football's equivalent of the Boxing Day sales, only in reverse. Sort of. You queue up for ages for the player you want, only to see someone else get there first. In the end you pay an inflated price for something you're not sure you wanted in the first place. So who wants what and who needs what? Time for a quick trip at the key spots we will be covering today for you... What place better to begin with than the home of the reigning champions? Gary Neville and Roy Keane are at Old Trafford to get you up to date with the latest news and gossip surrounding Manchester United...Gary Neville: G'morning! I don't anticipate a busy day here, ideally Manchester United only need a left back signed.
Roy Keane: Or you can make that two as the latest gossip is Patrice Evra may be looking for a move away from Old Trafford!
Gary Lineker: We will keep track on that as Gary and Roy remain on stand by and we'll be back with them if there's any development on that front! Let's see how the neighbours are doing - our man across town is Lee Dixon... Lee?Lee Dixon: Good evening from the Etihad. Things are pretty dull and boring here, Gary and I don't think there will be much happening. The Citizens did their business early in the window and it doesn't seem they need anything more from the market. That's right, Manchester City have a complete squad now. There isn't any gossip concerning the club either. But as this day is rarely predictable, I'll remain here in case something unexpected emerges.
Gary Lineker: Doesn't sound like a promising day with our biggest spenders declaring no more signings will be made, seems we will have to look for our fireworks elsewhere then. Luckily there is another rich owner around so let's move on to London... Ray?

Ray Wilkins: Hello! We're here at Stamford Bridge with Tony Cascarino to follow how Chelsea will do on Deadline Day. Ideally the squad could do with additional left back and right back so we may see some late movement.
Tony Cascarino: Although gossip suggests Mourinho may be hunting for a different position - it appears Barcelona winger Pedro might be a transfer target for a fee in the region of 33.0 million pounds... and if the Blues can't secure his signature, they may turn to Newcastle's Hatem Ben Arfa with a 30.0 million pounds bid.
Gary Lineker: Now that's what I want to hear! Multi-million bids flying left, right an center. What will Mourinho do? We'll find out before we say goodbye as today is now or never! Did I just say now or never? I wonder what is going on at the Emirates then... Alan?

Alan Smith: Thank you, Gary! Arsenal have some work to do on the market as Wenger ideally needs to add a center back and a striker.
Sol Campbell: Not if you believe the rumor mill! And today it links the Gunners with a 15.0 million pounds move for Newcastle's LB Davide Santon... As well as moves for a couple young wingers - Max Clayton from Crewe Alexandra, Jordan Jones from Middlesbrough and Matthew Kennedy from Everton. Hope the gossip got these wrong!
Gary Lineker: Sounds like Arsenal fans are in for another nervous breakdown before the window shuts. I can hear them chewing their nails at the prospect of Wenger going for two-three more youngsters nobody ever heard about... Let's check out what's on the agenda for a club that isn't afraid of splashing some cash... Terry?

Terry Venables: Hi! I'm at the Lane with David and we can tell you Tottenham could improve the team by bringing in a left back. Other than that all areas seem well covered.
David Pleat: I can add to that. According to the latest gossip the left back will be Davide Santon - makes much more sense if we go for him rather than Arsenal. As usual though rumors are heavy around here with Andre Villas-Boas linker with moves for Manchester United's Tom Cleverley, Miralem Pjanic from Roma and Southampton's Morgan Schneiderlin.
Gary Lineker: Maybe you are missing something and Spurs want to add a midfielder then? We will need to see what happens there. Try to find out something more, David, and we are moving on to Merseyside. Alan?

Alan Hansen: Hello from Anfield. It was a busy transfer summer for Brendan Rodgers and I think ideally Liverpool could only use one more striker because of the Luis Suarez suspension - but that isn't a must really. Jamie?
Jamie Carragher: Unfortunately for our fans, the gossip only suggests Rodgers might move for young wingers Jordan Jones, who seems to be in high demand, and Ryan Colclough from Crewe Alexandra.
Gary Lineker: Seems there is something with Crewe's academy... or a lot of their fans are bombing twitter! I am underwhelmed at the lack of real expectations and we only have one other club to follow... Rob, are you there?
Rob Lee: We are here at Saint James' Park, Gary, but I will have to disappoint you, too. Hristov is apparently happy with his squad and isn't seeking any further arrivals. Although in my humble opinion with Jeronimo Rulli already sent to feeder club Westerlo ideally Newcastle could do with a backup goalkeeper and my sources tell me about 3.0 million pounds can be freed up by reducing the wage budget so there may be some development there.
Kevin Keegan: There isn't any gossip related to players coming in but there are numerous rumors some of them might leave before tonight! Tiote is reportedly a target for Shakhtar, Debuchy is wanted by Marseilles and as already mentioned Davide Santon and Hatem Ben Arfa are linked with some of the other contenders. Young striker Adam Campbell is also in high demand as latest rumor is both Manchester clubs and Tottenham may try to price him away from Saint James' Park. Gary?

View attachment 453719
15 HOURS UNTIL TRANSFER WINDOW CLOSES

Gary Lineker
: That's right! The clock is ticking for all those clubs! Let me give you a quick review of what we have to look forward to today: Arsenal should be looking for a central defender and a striker, Chelsea need a left back and a right back, Liverpool could use a striker, Manchester United are out for a left back, same as Tottenham, and Newcastle could do with a backup goalkeeper while looking to keep their star players from what appears to be high demand. And while all these clubs are still waking up to make their first moves, we have our first:
Gary Lineker: Not what would rock your world if you are a West Ham fan but the Hammers just signed Tony Hibbert from Everton for the hefty fee of 84k pounds! I didn't even know this lad is still playing!

14 HOURS UNTIL TRANSFER WINDOW CLOSES

Gary Lineker: And one more hour has passed... Although I hear we have news from Manchester so hold on, the rollercoaster begins!

Lee Dixon: That's right, Gary, news just broke out the Citizens are the first contender to do business today... Although it is an outgoing:
Lee Dixon: So don't hold your breath - Manchester City are selling center back Dedryck Boyata (22) to freshly promoted Crystal Palace for a fee of 400k pounds. Hardly the blockbuster you were hoping for, Gary.

Gary Lineker: That may be so and our contenders are a little sluggish today after so many deals were brokered earlier in the summer. But worry not, I have something extra for you from the other Premier League teams while we are waiting:
Gary Lineker: That's right, it's Big Sam involved again, and a lot of it! West Ham have confirmed the sale of striker Modibo Maiga (26) to AS Saint-Etienne for a fee of 2.0m pounds. I can remember this guy for going on strike under his previous club but can't recollect him scoring any goals for the Hammers so they must be relieved to see his back. And one man who will not be replacing him is ex Hammer Carlton Cole (29), who has been snapped by newly promoted Cardiff on a free. Do I hear a double sigh of relief from West Ham fans?

13 HOURS UNTIL TRANSFER WINDOW CLOSES

Gary Lineker: Tick-tock! 13 hours left as we approach the deadline! It may appear rather slow as it is but remember some of the biggest deals the Premier League has seen were forged on this day... As we speak, I'm getting noises from Old Trafford. What is happening out there, Roy?

Roy Keane: We have something for you, Gary. The club is waking of for some business today:
Roy Keane: He never made the grade after early promise so Manchester United have decided it's time to sell - forward Federico Macheda (22) leaves for Sampdoria in exchange of 350k pounds. Still no development on fullbacks, Gary - incoming or outgoing...
Gary Lineker: Patience appears to be the key word today but stay frosty - some of our contenders WILL do business. And I don't mean getting rid of the deadwood! In the meantime I have some news from the continent and more specifically Italy, Federico Macheda's new destination:Gary Lineker: Defensive midfielders are hot property now as AC Milan dip deep in their pockets to sign not one but two of them! The first one is weathered Serbian international Zdravko Kuzmanovic (25) who joins from arch rivals Inter for 6.75 million pounds, but that wasn't enough so the Rossoneri agreed a 5.75 million pounds fee for the signature of Lazio Nigerian midfielder Ogenyi Onazi (20). And here in England we are still awaiting the first big move of the day!

12 HOURS UNTIL TRANSFER WINDOW CLOSES

Gary Lineker: We are officially halfway through Deadline Day. A quick reminder of what we should still expect to happen -
Arsenal should be looking for a central defender and a striker, Chelsea need a left back and a right back, Liverpool could use a striker, Manchester United are out for a left back, same as Tottenham, and Newcastle could do with a backup goalkeeper. None of my colleagues at those grounds are giving me any signals we have something to cover so I will have to take you abroad to see some records smashed yet again...Gary Lineker: Remember this lad? He was the world's next best thing just a couple seasons ago. Or at least some very rich people in France still think so - Paris Saint-Germain have splashed the cash on flamboyant midfielder Ever Banega (25) from Valencia in a deal which will see the Spaniards will receive 23.0 million pounds. But that isn't enough for the Paris team:Gary Lineker: ... as they also invade Italy market for a defensive midfielder signing - that seems the place to go if you need some of those! So Paris Saint-Germain have also announced a deal for Radja Nainggolan (25) from Cagliari. The French powerhouse will pay 12 million pounds for his services. Still not happy? You need to see another big move before going to work? Winter window has you spoiled then! But okay, I have another continental deal to make your day:Gary Lineker: It's another Serbia international and yet another defensive midfielder! Nemanja Matic (25) agrees to join Barcelona as his club Benfica agree to sell him for 12 million pounds! So if the Catalonian giants are your second best club you can celebrate!

11 HOURS UNTIL TRANSFER WINDOW CLOSES

Gary Lineker: What does it feel like to be a player moving on deadline day? One day you have a job at one place, the next you're moving to a different part of the country. New club, new colleagues, new boss. And all this in a World cup season! Hold that thought... and hold on anything you may be doing as I'm being told there is something happening at Anfield... Jamie?

Jamie Carragher: That's right, there is a lot of buzz in here as Brendan Rodgers has officially admitted he can't do it without Suarez. He has been backed by the board to bring in a new striker to fill the void until the Uruguayan is back from suspension. And Rodgers wasted little time to make a move:
BID REJECTED
View attachment 453601
Alan Hansen: That's right, Liverpool placed a 16.0 million pounds offer on the table for striker Robert Lewandowski (25), although Dortmund were quick to turn that down.
Jamie Carragher: And that's not the end of the story. Just minutes later there was an announcement from Germany:
Jamie Carragher: It appears Dortmund were ready to cash in on Lewandowski anyway but Liverpool couldn't reach their asking price! Fans will be gutted to hear Barcelona swooped in and signed the striker for 18 million pounds - heartbreak at Anfield!
Gary Lineker: Wow! So close to only get outbid by Barcelona! If the star players are now turning England down, I'm beginning to fear the world dominance of the Premier League!

10 HOURS UNTIL TRANSFER WINDOW CLOSES

Gary Lineker: Financial experts Deloitte are reporting that in the last hour the Premier League gross spend in this summer's transfer window has broken all records. It now stands at around 610m pounds, with net spending at 425m pounds. This time last year we had a gross spend in the region of 380m-390m pounds. "We expect significant further spending as the deadline approaches," said Deloitte's Alex Thorpe. "Last year saw 100m pounds spent on the final day of the window and with a number of clubs still to do business, we will watch with interest over the next 12 hours to see just how big the new record will be." And while Deloitte promise us fireworks news is breaking out from Manchester - Gary?
Gary Neville: It isn't something we didn't anticipate, Gary, but will still come as a shock to Red Devils fans. David Moyes has just confirmed it for us and we have a:
Roy Keane: Following the sale of Alexander Buttner and failure to bring in Leighton Baines, Manchester United have capitulated on attempts to keep Patrice Evra (32) as the French left back joins AS Monaco in exchange of a 1.2 million pounds fee. This now means David Moyes has no other choice but to go all-in to sign a replacement as the squad is extremely thin in this position!

Gary Lineker: Stunning news from Old Trafford and Deadline Day madness is back to the Premier League. In the good old days nobody would sanction such a deal before making sure a replacement is already lined up. To think Manchester United were already short of a fullback or two... And while our contenders are yet to wrap up a spectacular signing, things are moving at a much faster pace in Germany:
Gary Lineker: As the sale of Lewandowski filled in the coffers, Dortmund were quick to spend on Gladbach young winger Patrick Hermann (22). The Germany U21 international joins the Champions League finalists for 17 million pounds. That's what it takes - one big deal in the mould of Lewandowski, and the domino effect comes in play. So the question is - who will open the floodgates in England?

9 HOURS UNTIL TRANSFER WINDOW CLOSES

Gary Lineker: So where are we up to? Manchester City got rid of Dedryck Boyata, Manchester United sold Federico Macheda and had to let unsettled Patrice Evra to his native France and Liverpool failed with a tentative approach for Robert Lewandowski, who picked to join Barcelona instead. That leaves us with at least two of the contender clubs actively pursuing a new signing today: the Red Devils must buy a left back and Liverpool are desperate for a striker. And I hear there is news from Anfield, Alan?
Alan Hansen: You got that right, Gary! Brendan Rodgers isn't dwelling on the Dortmund snub and just made another move which an insider leaked to us. I can confirm that:
BID ACCEPTED
View attachment 453573
Jamie Carragher: That's right, and you must have heard of that kid! Liverpool just had a 16 million pounds bid accepted by Stuttgart for wonderkid Timo Werner (17) and the teenager is expected at Anfield for contract negotiations!
Gary Lineker: Liverpool fans can get excited! This lad is branded the next Miroslav Klose in Germany so he MUST be good! While we are waiting for development on that front, I have some news on a former Manchester United and Newcastle target:
Gary Lineker: After spending the entire summer on the Benfica transfer list, winger Nicolas Gaitan (25) finally got his move. Fiorentina are his new destination and the fee is 7 million pounds. That's one player who will not be wowing Premier League crowds with his flair then!

8 HOURS UNTIL TRANSFER WINDOW CLOSES

Gary Lineker: I sense that activity may be about to pick up. News is breaking out there is something happening at a ground that remained uncharacteristically quiet over the past month or two. Tony?
Tony Cascarino: We are used to much more activity from Stamford Bridge, Gary, but it took quite a while before Mourinho finally sanctioned another deal:
Ray Wilkins: He didn't manage to impress the Special One so he just had to move on. Chelsea have confirmed the sale of left fullback Ryan Bertrand (24) to Everton for a 3.7 million pounds fee. I think that leaves the Blues a little short in the fullback department.
Gary Lineker: Hold that thought, Ray, we need to make a quick switch to Anfield as something is happening there, too... Jamie?
Jamie Carragher: That's right, Gary, it's rather hectic in here. I can confirm that:
CONTRACT TURNED DOWN
View attachment 453573
Alan Hansen: The wonderkid Liverpool had a bid accepted for has failed to appear at Anfield. News is Timo Werner went on a different plane and rejected any chance of joining the Reds as he has no intention of going to a club "fighting relegation" in a World Cup season! And we quickly found out where that plane was headed for:
Jamie Carragher: Not some place far. Dortmund returned to haul the Reds with a portion of the Lewandowski fee and quickly wrapped up Timo Werner as their striker replacement. Stuttgart will receive 9.75 million pounds - which is amazingly 6 million less than what Liverpool offered!!!
Alan Hansen: I don't think the fans should be that disappointed though - any player who can spill such nonsense about Liverpool must not be allowed anywhere near Anfield! Additionally, there is reason for optimism as my sources tell me the club has immediately moved on to the next target:
BID ACCEPTED
View attachment 453557
Jamie Carragher: Weather in Russia may no longer be an issue for Ivory Coast striker Seydou Doumbia (25) as Liverpool have their 16 million pounds offer accepted by CSKA Moscow! We'll be watching if THIS player boards the right plane!

7 HOURS UNTIL TRANSFER WINDOW CLOSES

Gary Lineker: Liverpool are working quickly through their list of transfer targets but I wonder if they will get business done before they run out of these! There should be an update on Doumbia soon but in the meantime I hear we have something going on in London. David?
David Pleat: As we know Spurs are in the market for a left back, Gary, and they have made their initial move today:
BID REJECTED
View attachment 453556
Terry Venables: It was always going to happen and Tottenham opened the bidding on Newcastle fullback Davide Santon by tabling a 15 million pounds offer which has been turned down immediately. I am certain this is simply the initial bid and more will follow.
Gary Lineker: That's very interesting, Terry, but I have to interrupt you cause we have to go to Anfield again!
Jamie Carragher: Things are unfolding quickly but it is more salt in the wounds for our fans:
CONTRACT TURNED DOWN
View attachment 453557
Alan Hansen: Believe it or not, Seydou Doumbia becomes the second striker to refuse talks with Liverpool because he "doesn't like the weather in England" - poor excuse to hear from someone plying his trade in Russia! Seems he had his mind set on a different transfer though as:
Jamie Carragher: That's right, Atletico Madrid have announced the capture of Seydou Doumbia from CSKA Moscow for 15.75 million pounds. That officially means Liverpool have failed with the staggering three attempts to bring in a striker today!
Alan Hansen: One thing you can't afford today is get desperate and Brendan Rodgers is simply refusing to do so:
BID ACCEPTED
View attachment 421920
Jamie Carragher: This is a player I'd love to see at Anfield - Liverpool have a 8.0 million pounds offer accepted for Internacional striker Leandro Damiao (24). Hope this one works out!
Gary Lineker: Amazing, this is the fourth striker Liverpool are trying to sign today and three of them are already elsewhere! Are the glory days well gone for the Merseyside club?!

6 HOURS UNTIL TRANSFER WINDOW CLOSES

Gary Lineker: Transfer deadline day rolls on. Only 6 hours to go... Anfield has been our main source of Deadline Day drama today. Let's see if there is another episode available for us, Jamie?
Jamie Carragher: I fear every time you get us on air we have something bad to tell the fans, Gary. It won't be long before they develop Pavlov's dog reflexes when they see us on TV!
Alan Hansen: We have another update for you:
Jamie Carragher: It's done and dusted, but it incredibly it's Atletico Madrid coming in the eleventh hour to spoil it again for Liverpool! Leandro Damiao is joining the Spaniards from Internacional for a 6 million pounds fee - 2 million less than Liverpool's offer. Something spectacularly wrong is happening today!
Gary Lineker: Incredible! Four tries and still no success for Liverpool to bring in a striker! I think the list of targets has been depleted as Brendan Rodgers has not made a move for a fifth goalscorer this hour. And while the Reds are having a real nightmare of a day, Arsenal - who also need a striker - aren't even trying so far.

5 HOURS UNTIL TRANSFER WINDOW CLOSES

Gary Lineker: Right then, with the sands of time slipping through the hourglass, we are still waiting for our contenders to make a successful move on the market. Liverpool have gone quiet after their recent striker woes, Arsenal are yet to go for a goalscorer and central defender and Manchester United and Chelsea are hunting for a left back... I hear both the latter clubs have tried to do something on that so we are now going live to Old Trafford...
Roy Keane: News from the hour here is David Moyes has finally identified a left back target:Gary Neville: After Tottenham opened the bidding war but saw their offer rejected immediately, Manchester United have upped the stakes by offering Newcastle an increased 16 million pounds fee for left back Davide Santon. Immediate response is the Magpies have stalled on the offer and Hristov may be forced to consider it seriously if the player pushes for a move!
Gary Lineker: Thank you, Gary, and let's see what are Chelsea up to...Ray Wilkins: Tension is building up at Stamford Bridge as Jose Mourinho is trying to replace Ryan Bertrand:Tony Cascarino: We are set for a clash of giants as Chelsea have matched the Red Devils' offer for Davide Santon - 16 million pounds on the table for Newcastle. The Magpies are understood to have stalled on both offers so watch this space!
Gary Lineker: Which means we simply have to go to the North East and see what Hristov is up to. Rob?Rob Lee: I can't really bring any clarity on Hristov's intentions, Gary as this man remains a mystery to me. What we know is Newcastle have a large number of left backs with Alex Sandro, Leighton Baines and Massadio Haidara all on the books so Davide Santon could indeed be allowed to leave for the right offer - considering the difficult financial situation up here.
Kevin Keegan: Although there is some development with a few youngsters at the club:Kevin Keegan: Recent recruit Mario Pugliese (17) has been allowed to move on loan to Notts County until the end of the season. Newcastle have negotiated a 6k pounds monthly fee and will receive a total of 60k pounds for the duration of the loan.
Rob Lee: As a matter of fact it is a double deal:Rob Lee: With Newcastle also sending young defender Kevin Mbabu (18) on loan to Notts County until the end of the season. Newcastle have negotiated a 6k pounds monthly fee and will receive a total of 60k pounds for the duration of the loan.
Kevin Keegan: And news is breaking out right now that:
BIDS REJECTED
View attachment 453556
Kevin Keegan: The 16 million pounds bids from Chelsea and Manchester United have been rejected. Seems Hristov is either asking for more money or doesn't want to part company with Santon!Gary Lineker: With so little time left it will be interesting to see if Mourinho and especially Moyes hang around for Santon or urge for different targets!

4 HOURS UNTIL TRANSFER WINDOW CLOSES

Gary Lineker: The clock is ticking. All our contenders are leaving their moves late and could pay the price! As we know, Arsenal are looking for a center back and a striker. Did Wenger finally get going? Sol?Sol Campbell: Yes, Gary, he has shaken off the rust and faxed a bid although it's not for the striker we so badly want to see in:
BID REJECTED
View attachment 453522
Alan Smith: You will know this man from his time with Manchester City - and he is a central defender. Arsenal just had a 5 million pounds bid rejected by Fiorentina for Stefan Savic (22)!
Gary Lineker: Sounds like the big clubs are awaking! There is news at Anfield, too!Jamie Carragher: Yes, Gary, manager Brendan Rodgers has not given up on his pursuit of a goalscorer after failure to bring in Damiao, Lewandowski, Doumbia or Werner:
BID ACCEPTED
View attachment 453521
Alan Hansen: His fifth attempt today will be on enthusiastic striker Kevin Volland (21) and Hoffenheim have just accepted a 23 million pounds bid from Liverpool!
Gary Lineker: That's quite a fee to spend on such a young player! Rodgers is clearly getting desperate! We will watch this closely and in the meantime we'll make a quick trip as there is something happening with another contender...Kevin Keegan: Nothing as mouthwatering here, Gary, as Hristov merely continues exploring options to give his youngsters some first team football:Rob Lee: With little space in the first team for him, Newcastle have allowed Curtis Good (20) to go on a three month loan to Leyton Orient for a 10k pounds monthly fee.Gary Lineker: Recent activity from Liverpool, Arsenal, Chelsea and Manchester United and the Merseyside club appears closest to breaking the deadlock here with a big bid accepted for Kevin Volland...

3 HOURS UNTIL TRANSFER WINDOW CLOSES

Gary Lineker: It's getting alarmingly close to the deadline now! Will the big clubs get their boys over the line in time? There is something happening on two of the grounds... Alan?
Alan Smith: News of the hour is Wenger is becoming increasingly active here at the Emirates with a lot of work being done in the offices:
BID ACCEPTED
View attachment 453522
Sol Campbell: I am not sure that's the right man for Arsenal but we have an improved 6 million offer accepted by Fiorentina and Stefan Savic might make a return to English football pretty soon! But that's not all:
Alan Smith: Wenger has allowed right back Carl Jenkinson (21) to go out on a season long loan to Swansea. The Swans will pay 14k pounds monthly fee, totaling a 135k pounds fee for the duration of the loan. A defender is a must now for Arsenal!
Gary Lineker: Hopefully the Gunners fans will have something to celebrate soon although this doesn't answer their prayers for a new striker! Let's see how the goalscorer hunt is going at Anfield!
Jamie Carragher: You won't believe it if I told you, Gary, but:
Jamie Carragher: No, no champagne for Brendan Rodgers! It's a done deal but for FC Bayern, who moved in with a last minute 23 million pounds deal and after Hoffenheim swiftly accepted it Volland opted to stay in Germany!
Gary Lineker: Incredible! Is that five failures in a row for Rodgers now? I really thought this one would come through... Tough minutes for Liverpool fans!

2 HOURS UNTIL TRANSFER WINDOW CLOSES

Gary Lineker: It's getting heated by the minute! We have Arsenal waiting for the Stefan Savic deal to come through, while both the Gunners and Liverpool are looking for a striker. Elsewhere Manchester United and Chelsea are in need of a left back. What's happening with that Savic deal, Sol?
Sol Campbell: It's a bad day for English football, Gary, I'm telling you - I'm not a big fan of Savic after he failed to impress for Manchester City but:
Alan Smith: Arsenal have been beaten in their pursuit for this particular central defender as Fiorentina accepted a 6 million pounds bid from Real Madrid and Stefan Savic picked up a move to Bernabeu.
Sol Campbell: Don't get your hopes crushed yet! Wenger swiftly lodged another bid:
BID ACCEPTED
View attachment 453494
Alan Smith: That's more like it! Arsenal have a 8 million pounds bid accepted for Manchester City defender Micah Richards (25). Hopefully this one will be wrapped up in time!
Gary Lineker: And that's not all from the Gunners! I hear they are plotting a move in the North East, too!
Rob Lee: You've heard right, Gary, but it's not just them:
BIDS NEGOTIATED
View attachment 453489
Kevin Keegan: News up here is Newcastle have received 1.5 million pounds bids from Arsenal, Liverpool, Manchester United and Manchester City. Hristov surprisingly didn't refuse them but chose to negotiate the terms!
Gary Lineker: Whoa, that could be the striker both Arsenal and Liverpool are looking for! Will they manage to wrestle such opposition for his signature though? We will find out pretty soon... In the meantime there is something happening at a place that's been pretty quiet so far today...
Terry Venables: Hello from White Hart Lane in case you have forgotten we are out here with David Pleat... It's been a slow day for Andre Villas-Boas but it is about to pick up as:
BID ACCEPTED
View attachment 453487
David Pleat: Indeed, Tottenham have just had a 11 million pounds bid accepted by Southampton for central midfielder Morgan Schneiderlin (23). This could be the final piece of the puzzle as Spurs look to end the window on a high!
Gary Lineker: Will Spurs sign that Frenchman? I have something coming up that might suggest it is bound to happen with Southampton already spending the money of that deal:
Gary Lineker: That's right, the Saints have struck a triple deal just before the final hour begins ticking! Defensive midfielder James McArthur arrives from Wigan for 4 million pounds, left back Neil Taylor signs from Swansea for 4.4 million pounds and central midfielder Tiago joins from Atletico Madrid in a 425k pounds deal... Plenty of replacements so Schneiderlin has his path to Spurs clear!

1 HOUR UNTIL TRANSFER WINDOW CLOSES

Gary Lineker: The Final Countdown! Into the last hour. Now or never time. Make sure that fax machine has paper in it... What are we waiting for? Arsenal are yet to announce the signature of Micah Richards - with so many deals collapsed today we can't take anything for granted! Same goes for Tottenham trying to wrap up Morgan Schneiderlin. Adam Campbell might be leaving Newcastle for Arsenal, Liverpool or the Manchester clubs - the former two in bad need of a striker. Chelsea and Manchester United have to get a left back. Where do we begin? Last round!
Terry Venables: We can confirm despite expectations Morgan Schneiderlin will not be joining Tottenham, Gary! He got himself a more lucrative offer from the east:
David Pleat: I doubt Spurs supporters will be devastated at this but even with Bale money in the bank, Tottenham were unable to compete with Shakhtar wage package as the Ukraine club wrapped up a 11 million pounds deal for Southampton midfielder Morgan Schneiderlin.
Gary Lineker: That's another failure for the English contenders today! Did Arsenal also fail, Sol?
Sol Campbell: Much better news from the Emirates tonight, Gary! Arsene Wenger left business late as usual but the fans will be relieved to hear we have something to show for it unlike Spurs:
Alan Smith: You hear that? Arsenal have successfully tied up a 8 million pounds deal for Manchester City defender Micah Richards (25)! And that's not all. As you remember, we are also in bad need for a striker...
Sol Campbell: And striker is what we get! Maybe not the high profile name the fans want but he's branded the new Michael Owen so there must be something in that boy... Arsenal have finalized negotiations with Newcastle over young striker Adam Campbell (18) although strangely it will be a season-long loan deal and the Magpies will receive 200k pounds monthly fee - a tasty 1.8 million pounds total for the duration of the loan.
Gary Lineker: This will be enough for Wenger to call it a day then! But it is still a busy night in the North East...
Rob Lee: That's right, Gary! A lot of incoming offers for Newcastle players at the minute...
BID REJECTED
View attachment 453556
Kevin Keegan: Hristov has turned down another offer for Davide Santon, coming from Tottenham - it is believed to be in the region of 17.5 million pounds! All this while Chelsea and Manchester United still need a left back! Crazy stuff! Additionally an offer from Ukraine was lodged:
BID REJECTED
View attachment 422152
Rob Lee: It's another big money move Hristov declined - Shakhtar offered 10 million pounds for midfield enforcer Cheick Tiote but that wasn't enough to price him away from Saint James' Park!
Gary Lineker: Something is telling me that's not the last we will hear from the North East tonight! Final minutes of the window are ticking away... And I am being told we have a last-gasp deal in the pipelines!
Gary Neville: It was about time, Gary! David Moyes certainly took his time to deliver on the market and he will need to do better in January as the fans won't appreciate another window like that but we managed to squeeze one through just before the deadline:
Roy Keane: And it is a real coup! Manchester United have confirmed the signing of Real Madrid left back Fabio Coentrao (25) for a fee of just 5.5 million pounds, pending a medical!
Gary Lineker: That should wrap it up for the Red Devils... it means Chelsea and Liverpool are the underachievers so far but I'm hearing there is something happening at the Bridge so let's go there just before the window slams shut!
Tony Cascarino: Jose Mourinho made a last attempt to rectify the left fullback problem, Gary, and it was a very, very large offer for an ex player of his:
BID REJECTED
View attachment 453556
Ray Wilkins: It was a 20 million pounds offer for Davide Santon, although Newcastle held firm and refused that offer. There will be no new left back for Chelsea today and we will have to wait until January for that to be addressed. Gary?
Gary Lineker: I guess that is all then... Unless some ghost deal we failed to track down squeezes through there is no time left for anything else to happen... Let us know of your joy or frustration - did your club make the right moves in the transfer market? Are you happy with your team? That's the time to tweet us your opinion!

The Transfer Window is officially closed! Stay with us for our expert analysis on who got it right and who failed tonight!

Great stuff, the AI always seems to buy the same players accross games it seems..

You've seen all these deals happen? That would make the entire Deadline Day watch pointless :(

Only Richards, schnedierin and Contreao, but the write up and delivery was superb mate, excellent stuff. I think invariably the ai, goes for a few the same, due to favoured people and cash etc.. Baines usually ends up at Spurs but your own transfer moves skew the data sort of thing. Could be a massive coincidence.. :)

love how every st that pool went for said no top stuff mate keep it coming

Btw why would Pool want to go for strikers? They have Aspas, Suarez and Sturridge.

View attachment 422245
View attachment 453426
Transfer Window Aftermath

Gary Lineker: Hello and welcome to our Transfer Window Aftermath program. The dust is already settling down and emotions are calming so we can now analyze what really happened with our team of pundits. How are our title contenders situated when the gong signaled the end of transfers at least until January? Did they get what they needed or it will be a struggle when injuries and fatigue strike? As usual we will begin with the reigning champions Manchester United. Gary, Roy?Gary Neville: Hello! As we already know, Manchester United needed a left back and they got one on Deadline Day by signing Fabio Coentrao from Real Madrid. Although David Moyes also allowed Patrice Evra to leave and this means the squad is still thin in this area. I don't expect any major worries but should something happen with Coentrao we will need to move on the winter market.
Roy Keane: In general it was a quiet window for the Red Devils. David Moyes added three first team players to the fold. The net spend at Manchester United was 15.35 million pounds.
Gary Lineker: Thank you, Gary, Roy. Let's see if there was more noise with the Blue half of Manchester. Lee?Lee Dixon: Hello! As we already know, Manchester City did their business relatively early this window and didn't need to enter the market on Deadline Day. A couple fringe players were sold but I don't expect it to come back and bite Manuel Pellegrini. Perhaps the squad is a little light at right back at the moment but that can easily be addressed come January. In general the Citizens were very active this window. Manuel Pellegrini looked to stamp his view on the squad and added seven new first team players to the fold. The net spend at Manchester City was 103.6 million pounds.
Gary Lineker: Thank you, Lee. For the next part of our review we will have to move to London... Ray, Tony?

Ray Wilkins: Hello! As we informed you yesterday, Chelsea probably needed some backup at both flanks of defense. Instead of adding to the squad though Mourinho allowed Ryan Bertrand to leave so the Blues seem to have invited all sorts of problems if injuries strike at the wrong time.
Tony Cascarino: In general the Blues were also very expansive in the market this window. Jose Mourinho signed seven first team players. The net spend at Chelsea was 51.4 million pounds.
Gary Lineker: Strange days at Stamford Bridge then. What is the mood across London? Alan, Sol?

Alan Smith: Thank you, Gary! The Gunners needed reinforcements in the heart of defense and the forward department. Arsene Wenger moved in for both on Deadline Day and while the quality of the signings isn't really convincing, there shouldn't be a crisis for bodies at the Emirates.
Sol Campbell: In general the Gunners were cautious in the market and Wenger only paid a fee for three new first team players. The net spend at Arsenal was 39.45 million pounds.
Gary Lineker: It was pretty close though! What about Arsenal's fierce rivals at White Hart Lane? Terry, David?

Terry Venables: Hi! Spurs could have probably used a left back but that never happened on Deadline Day. Even then the squad shouldn't suffer greatly unless a injury crisis strikes at the wrong time.
David Pleat: In general Spurs were extremely aggressive on the market and Andre Villas-Boas brought in seven new first team players. The net spend at Tottenham was just 3.1 million pounds thanks to excellent business with the sales though!
Gary Lineker: That's what cashing in on Gareth Bale gets you! Moving down the list of contenders we are due a visit to Merseyside - Alan, Jamie?

Alan Hansen: Hello from Anfield. The Reds could have used a new striker but as probably everyone in the world knows we got turned down by everybody between Lewandowski and Ade Akinbiyi. It isn't a crushing blow but means we could be in deep trouble until Suarez returns from his lengthly suspension.
Jamie Carragher: In general the Reds were the second most active club in the window and Brendan Rodgers brought in nine new first team players. The net spend at Liverpool was 24.8 million pounds which suggests we focused on bargain buys and players approaching the end of their contracts.
Gary Lineker: Wonder who the most active club was then? To find the answer we have to take a walk to the North East... Kevin, Rob?
Rob Lee: We are here at Saint James' Park, Gary, and what I can say is Hristov didn't move for the backup goalkeeper he could have used but also managed to keep his entire squad in tact despite some big offers for his star players. Unless Tim Krul gets an injury the team seems in good shape.
Kevin Keegan: In general the Magpies were incredibly active on the market and Dimiter Hristov brought in the amazing 12 new players. The net spend at Newcastle was 74.0 million pounds - most of which was spread over the next four years to make it financially possible. Gary?Gary Lineker: That is all from us for this transfer window then! See you again in January!

Stay with us for Mark Lawrenson's round of predictions just after the International break!

Btw why would Pool want to go for strikers? They have Aspas, Suarez and Sturridge.

Don't know but Aspas was poor so far and Sturridge is being played wide most of the time - he also fails to impress. To be fair they were very insistent on Campbell but wouldn't agree to a loan deal.

Loving the effort and detail you put in the updates dude!

View attachment 453350

Premier League predictions: Lawro v Usain Bolt

BBC Sport's football expert Mark Lawrenson is pitting his wits against a different guest each week this season.

This week he takes on Manchester United fan Usain Bolt - the Jamaican superstar sprinter widely regarded as the fastest person ever.

View attachment 453345
Lawro vs Manchester United fan Usain

A correct result is worth ONE point. A correct score earns THREE points.

Chelsea - Manchester United
Usain Bolt: I will be a true fan with this game and say give the Blues some blues! 0-2.
Mark Lawrenson: I can see this being a pretty close contest with both teams tight at the back and trying to steal a winner in the end. But in the same time I feel there is too much quality in attack for either side so I'll go for 1-1.

Manchester City - Everton
Usain Bolt: Everton are tough but I don't think they can stop the Citizens. 2-1.
Mark Lawrenson: It's a challenging game for the hosts although City can't afford another slip up and when fully focused and at home there isn't a team in the world that can get something from them. 3-0.

Liverpool - Arsenal
Usain Bolt: Home advantage will win this game for Liverpool. 3-2.
Mark Lawrenson: It is about time for Liverpool to get some points but the fixture list just doesn't get easier for them. I fear they will need to wait some more before returning to winning ways. 1-1.

Norwich - Newcastle
Usain Bolt: I think Norwich will get relegated and Newcastle are pretty high up the table. 1-3.
Mark Lawrenson: The Magpies are widely known for their Jekyll and Hyde performances and after some top games against the top sides this might be the banana skin to halt their progress. 2-2.

Tottenham - Hull
Usain Bolt: Home win for Spurs, no doubt. 3-0.
Mark Lawrenson: At the risk of becoming boring, I will second that opinion. Hull don't have anything to throw at Tottenham and it should be one of the easier games for Andre Villas-Boas this season. 2-0.

Last week, Lawro got two results right, with no perfect scores. His score of 2 was a perfect match for the predictions of Tottenham fan Phil Collins, who also managed two correct results with no perfect scores.

Total scores after Week Three
Lawro: 6
Guests: 12

Usain St. Leo Bolt @usainbolt what a tool @ Marseilles can youiiiilievmmme 1m

Omg what is Fellaini doing?! Sent off on 2' at the Bridge! And we started so
brightly #mufc

Expand

Angelina Jolie @AJolieV what a tool @ Marseilles can yo-------i------ue 1m

Depressing to see Lucas score for his new club while we still struggle at rock
bottom #liverpool #mcfc

Expand

View attachment 453296
Premier League
Round 4

Saturday 14th September 2013:

Title Contenders Clash
View attachment 453295
Chelsea - Manchester United

1' 0-1 Fabio
2' Fellaini (M) sent off
22' 0-2 Hernandez

Half Time

56' Rooney (M) injured
Full Time

Final score

Chelsea - Manchester United 0-2
View attachment 453294View attachment 453293View attachment 453292

Manchester City - Everton 2-0
Lucas Leiva (35), Clichy (59)

View attachment 453291View attachment 453290

Title Contenders Clash
View attachment 453286
Liverpool - Arsenal

Half Time

55' Ozil (A) injured
70' Diame (L)
booked
Full Time

Final score

Liverpool - Arsenal 0-0
View attachment 453289View attachment 453288View attachment 453287

Sunday 15th September 2013:

Norwich - Newcastle 1-2
Krul o.g. (53); Ben Arfa (51), Cabaye (55)
View attachment 453283View attachment 453282

Monday 16th September 2013:

Tottenham - Hull 2-1
Rosenior o.g. (14), Lamela (49); Aluko (37)
View attachment 453275View attachment 453274

League Table:

View attachment 453273

Stay with Match of the Day for pundit analysis, manager interview specials and many more!

Last edited:
Back