Blasphemy! Seven clubs lock horns for the title after sir Alex Ferguson's retirement!

• Thread starter Thread starter KevinHann
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 2K
  • Views Views 373K
Going buy how the Ai has been buying in my games, i'll guess Adam Maher

View attachment 455244
View attachment 455243
PUBLISHED: 3:12 GMT, 11 August 2013 | UPDATED: 3:21 GMT, 11 August 2013

AC Milan Dutch winger arrives at Anfield

Liverpool resumed the sound policy of spending wisely on established players by snapping AC Milan winger Urby Emanuelson (27) for just 3.8 million pounds. Urby has a vast experience at the top level with the Italians as well as Ajax and is familiar with the intensity of English football following a loan spell at Fulham last season. He has represented Holland 18 times and has won 6 trophies to date.

View attachment 455241
Urby in a Fulham shirt last season

For those unfamiliar with his qualities, Emanuelson is extremely fit, fast and technically gifted footballer. He is exceptionally versatile and can play in literally any midfield position, as well as cover at both fullback slots. While he is unlikely to be a starter in every single game, his ability will be very handy when Liverpool need something different to break down tight opposition and especially during the hectic winter schedule.

View attachment 455234View attachment 455233
Urby seems better than Sterling and Moses

Considering his experience, Urby should be miles ahead of both his major competitors for a role on the flanks should Brendan Rodgers decide to utilize such a formation. The manager was pleased at getting his man for such a bargain fee:
Reporter
: Yet another rational move in the transfer market. It's becoming boring to keep praising you so I'll put it differently this time around: Are the spending days at Liverpool over?
Brendan Rodgers: It is true the club has spent over the top in recent seasons but the latest transfers have nothing to do with that. We will go out and pay big should we decide the player would bring something extraordinary to the team.
Reporter: It is hard to ignore the fact most of your signings are able to play in several positions. Is this something you intentionally pursue?
Brendan Rodgers: I don't just want utility personnel here although when I see a player is fully capable of showing 100% of his ability wherever you put him, that is always going to be a plus. Especially with injuries kicking in at some stage. It is a long season.

I have to agree with Brendan here. The squad is looking great at the moment and there is sufficient depth to tackle the tough months ahead. The only missing piece of the puzzle right now is a natural goalscorer although if Liverpool can pick up enough points to stay in contention until Suarez returns from his ban we should be alright.

Urby Emanuelson transfer verdict: 7.5/10 - great utility player to have in the team, comes as a bargain considering the massive experience he has.

View attachment 455223View attachment 455226View attachment 455225

Manchester United - Wigan Athletic
FA Community Shield
Sunday 11 August 2013
15:00

1' Grant Holt (Wigan) injured
4' Goal!! 1-0 Ashley Young
8' James McArthur (Wigan) booked
14' Nemanja Vidic (Man Utd) sent off
16' Goal!! 2-0 Marouane Fellaini
45+2' Half Time
57' Goal!! 2-1 Saido Berahino
59' Marouane Fellaini (Man Utd) booked
63' Alexander Buttner (Wigan) booked
82' Todd Hayden (Wigan) booked
90+2' Full Time

FINAL SCORE:
Manchester United 2-1 Wigan Athletic

It was a close affair in the 2013/14 season opening game! Although an early Nemanja Vidic red card didn't help Manchester United's cause, the Red Devils went on to defend their early two goal lead and shield off Wigan's attempt for a late equalizer. David Moyes will be pleased to begin his career at the club with a trophy even though performance was a bit disjointed and this was probably a game that should have been won in a much more convincing manner. Let's take a look at match stats and individual performances:

View attachment 455217View attachment 455216View attachment 455215

Post Match Interview:

Reporter: Congratulations, Mr. Moyes! What a good way to begin your career as the Manchester United manager!
David Moyes: We wanted to start the season with a win here and boost confidence so I am happy we managed to do just that.
Reporter: Nemanja Vidic was sent off after just 14 minutes of play. It must be a real disappointment to lose him for the first games through suspension?
David Moyes:
I haven't had a clear view of the accident. I will watch the replays and we'll decide how to proceed. At the time I was confused why the referee pulled out the red. What was the point in spoiling the game so early? We were hoping to put out a real performance for the fans but the referee took that away and it was never going to be a joy to watch after. The referee should be apologizing to the fans.

View attachment 418202
FA Community Shield 2013/14 - holders Manchester United!

Any chance we can get a formation/line up shot of each team in the match reports??

Any chance we can get a formation/line up shot of each team in the match reports??

The game doesn't let me see the formations of Manchester United and Wigan in the Community Shield game. If that changes in the Premier League games I will provide that information.

View attachment 455206

Premier League predictions: Lawro v Hugh Laurie

BBC Sport football expert Mark Lawrenson is back for the new season and will again be pitting his wits against a different guest each week.

His first opponent of the new campaign is English actor, comedian, writer, musician, director and Arsenal fan Hugh Laurie.

View attachment 455199
Lawro vs Laurie for the opening games this season

A correct result is worth ONE point. A correct score earns THREE points.

Chelsea - Liverpool
Hugh Laurie: Darth Vader will be back at his best for his return in England so Chelsea should win this, 3-1.
Mark Lawrenson: It's the first game of the season and both teams will be too careful not to lose. It's a low score draw for me, 1-1.

Arsenal - Swansea
Hugh Laurie: Swansea can't be a match for us at Emirates. 3-0.
Mark Lawrenson: The Welsh club should be firing at all cylinders and might surprise Arsenal here, 1-1.

Crystal Palace - Manchester City
Hugh Laurie: As much as I like small clubs this will be no contest. 0-5.
Mark Lawrenson: Pellegrini will want to have a perfect start although he is set for the harsh reality away games in England don't end when you score. 2-4.

Manchester United - Stoke
Hugh Laurie: Stoke have a good chance with Vidic banned and if they score first Old Trafford may be up for a shock. 2-1.
Mark Lawrenson: I think Mark Hughes got it right by trying to get Stoke to play with the ball on the ground but this is the worst possible game to begin with. The Potters have no chance here. 3-0.

Newcastle - Southampton
Hugh Laurie: This one will be fun, lots of goals and the better team takes it, 4-3. Or 3-4. Can't have it both ways? Okay, let's settle for 4-4.
Mark Lawrenson: Too much talk off the pitch inevitably means Newcastle will suffer on it. A lot of their expensive players will struggle to handle the pressure and if Hristov goes for that bizarre formation of his it may be embarrassing. 1-3.

West Ham - Tottenham
Hugh Laurie: Buying big doesn't buy you class. 2-1.
Mark Lawrenson: Sam Allardyce always gets his teams to defend so well, Spurs will have a tough time looking for a goal here but they have too much quality in this team so I can't see past them. 0-1.

Last edited:
This is a quality story mate. I am cheering for Spurs though as they are my team in real life :D

How do you find your chances then? :) Think Griezmann was a good move?

Seeming as I have just finished 8th on my season with them I don't rate it very highly although Griezmann is a good move as we only had one natural LW in Chadli

Please tell me that Chelsea hasn't spent money on yet another Attacking midfielder? I've seen Pedro gone to Chelsea whenever I'm managing different team, in first season.

Seeming as I have just finished 8th on my season with them I don't rate it very highly although Griezmann is a good move as we only had one natural LW in Chadli

Weird, taking a look at their team I expect them to give a real fight for top 4!

Please tell me that Chelsea hasn't spent money on yet another Attacking midfielder? I've seen Pedro gone to Chelsea whenever I'm managing different team, in first season.

I will have to disappoint you there, mate - Mourinho didn't make a single move excluding sending Jamal Blackburn on loan at Crewe and trying to snap Adam Campbell off me for free.

I will have to disappoint you there, mate - Mourinho didn't make a single move excluding sending Jamal Blackburn on loan at Crewe and trying to snap Adam Campbell off me for free.
I'm kinda happy, lol. Chelsea has already spent enough this season. You'll see him on fire next season.

Weird, taking a look at their team I expect them to give a real fight for top 4!

Tell me about it I have done better im the first season with worse Spurs squads than this season! Had to grovel to the board to keep my job.

How do you find your chances then? :) Think Griezmann was a good move?
I'm not even a Spurs fan, but Griezmann was a very good move, although Spurs do already have lots of players in the attacking midfielder/wing positions!

Spurs have been very inconsistent in my saves. In my Chelsea save they finished around 7th first season, 6th the next. In my Watford save they ran away with the title.

Back