Blasphemy! Seven clubs lock horns for the title after sir Alex Ferguson's retirement!

• Thread starter Thread starter KevinHann
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 2K
  • Views Views 373K
This is fantastic chap, just one question, how are you doing this? Are you in charge of every BPL team or?

I'm not even a Spurs fan, but Griezmann was a very good move, although Spurs do already have lots of players in the attacking midfielder/wing positions!

Weird enough nobody is actually discussing my own transfers - people must be waiting for me to fail :)

This is fantastic chap, just one question, how are you doing this? Are you in charge of every BPL team or?

Nope mate, just Newcastle - as stated in the initial posts of the story :) What gets you confused, is there something you can't do unless you manage all the teams?

Weird enough nobody is actually discussing my own transfers - people must be waiting for me to fail :)
Buddy your transfers have stunned everyone here as well, not just the fans/people in the game. Considering your current formation, It wasn't much of a surprise until you got second LB, which makes it 3 in total as Davide Santon is pretty good. Good luck with the formation, I hope/think you have a plan on how to play with this formation, but Match Engine can be a *****, I hope/think you've tested the tactic before.

Buddy your transfers have stunned everyone here as well, not just the fans/people in the game. Considering your current formation, It wasn't much of a surprise until you got second LB, which makes it 3 in total as Davide Santon is pretty good. Good luck with the formation, I hope/think you have a plan on how to play with this formation, but Match Engine can be a *****, I hope/think you've tested the tactic before.

It was pretty successful in getting all my players to score in FM13 but I haven't tested it here yet - I'm only playing the current save which is covered in the story so I could say it is pretty much real-time. I'm not too sure I have good balance in the squad as it is, maybe I should have tried to get a good forward but the fees demanded for those who interested me were way over the top even for me :(

It was pretty successful in getting all my players to score in FM13 but I haven't tested it here yet - I'm only playing the current save which is covered in the story so I could say it is pretty much real-time. I'm not too sure I have good balance in the squad as it is, maybe I should have tried to get a good forward but the fees demanded for those who interested me were way over the top even for me :(
Your squad does seem quite unbalanced, but very quality. Didn't you get Landon Donovan, anyway - he's a good forward!

Good read so far, already 13 pages and if I'm not mistaken the season hasn't even started yet? But as the Community Shield has been played I assume it's right around the corner.

Good read so far, already 13 pages and if I'm not mistaken the season hasn't even started yet? But as the Community Shield has been played I assume it's right around the corner.

Yes, mate, and thank you. I'm about to get to the first round of games.

Try getting good regens, I snap them from everywhere in the world when youth intake comes. Btw there are some awesome budget forwards in FM14, many have bought em. I honestly don't know as I'm experimenting something with the striker as strikers don't seem to score, so I'm trying to get them involved into build, but not just by putting F9.

Try getting good regens, I snap them from everywhere in the world when youth intake comes. Btw there are some awesome budget forwards in FM14, many have bought em. I honestly don't know as I'm experimenting something with the striker as strikers don't seem to score, so I'm trying to get them involved into build, but not just by putting F9.

Oh I'm pretty good with regens, I usually scout them meticulously though it will be quite a while before I get to that stage :) I didn't go all out of an expensive striker as I would like to see how Remy does and if Ba becomes available at some point, and none of the budget buys available really caught my attention.

Oh I'm pretty good with regens, I usually scout them meticulously though it will be quite a while before I get to that stage :) I didn't go all out of an expensive striker as I would like to see how Remy does and if Ba becomes available at some point, and none of the budget buys available really caught my attention.
City has 4 strikers, Dzeko, Negredo, Aguero, Jovetic. Although the latter two can play as AMs but they have a buttload of AMs too. So I think the expendable one will be Dzeko as Aguero won't be sold no matter what and the other two just came in. I wish he agrees a deal at realistic wages, though.

Edit: Totally forgot you're ultra tight on your budget.

Last edited:
Would you provide some further thoughts on that matter?
I agree with the media on this one - too much spending on defensive players and youth; and too little on attackers. Also, some players were sold for too little in my opinion (Ga?l Bigirimana, etc.) - although please don't take this the wrong way, you've got a great story here, and you've made some good signings!

I agree with the media on this one - too much spending on defensive players and youth; and too little on attackers. Also, some players were sold for too little in my opinion (Ga?l Bigirimana, etc.) - although please don't take this the wrong way, you've got a great story here, and you've made some good signings!

How could I take this the wrong way, who do you think the media is, Alan Hansen and Gary Neville? :) Yes, some mistakes were made, although I just don't know what better offensive players I could have gone for. The only excessive transfer in defense was probably Alex Sandro.

City has 4 strikers, Dzeko, Negredo, Aguero, Jovetic. Although the latter two can play as AMs but they have a buttload of AMs too. So I think the expendable one will be Dzeko as Aguero won't be sold no matter what and the other two just came in. I wish he agrees a deal at realistic wages, though.

Edit: Totally forgot you're ultra tight on your budget.

None of these sound like budget buys :) I wouldn't be able to afford any of them even with my budget in tact. And my system favours strikers who can play out wide, no slot for AM there.

How could I take this the wrong way, who do you think the media is, Alan Hansen and Gary Neville? :) Yes, some mistakes were made, although I just don't know what better offensive players I could have gone for. The only excessive transfer in defense was probably Alex Sandro.
I know they aren't real journalists/pundits :P but you might've viewed it as unfair criticism. Yeah, Alex Sandro was a bit excessive, but I was more talking about the fees - if you had got all the defenders for half-price, then it would've been some top, top deals!

I know they aren't real journalists/pundits :P but you might've viewed it as unfair criticism. Yeah, Alex Sandro was a bit excessive, but I was more talking about the fees - if you had got all the defenders for half-price, then it would've been some top, top deals!

These were the best deals I could negotiate with them, no idea how I could have lowered the fees. I could have probably spent a bit less overall but then my budget wouldn't have fit all of them and the monthly installments gave me license to do that.

These were the best deals I could negotiate with them, no idea how I could have lowered the fees. I could have probably spent a bit less overall but then my budget wouldn't have fit all of them and the monthly installments gave me license to do that.
Fair enough then, I guess.

View attachment 455047
Premier League 2013/14 kicks off!

Saturday 17th August 2013:

Title Contenders Clash
View attachment 455045
Chelsea - Liverpool

32' Hernanes (L) booked
33' 0-1 Aspas
43' Matuidi (L) booked
Half Time

54' Cole (C) booked
71' 1-1 Lampard
90+1' 2-1 Eto'o
Full Time

Final score

Chelsea - Liverpool 2-1
View attachment 455044View attachment 455043View attachment 455042

Arsenal - Swansea 4-1
Giroud (40), Cazorla (48), Podolski (83), Walcott (87); Chico (57)

View attachment 455041View attachment 455040

Crystal Palace - Manchester City 2-1
Williamson (19), Ward (47), Hunt sent off (80); Negredo (13)
View attachment 455039View attachment 455038

Manchester United - Stoke 1-1
Cleverley (56); Huth (53)
View attachment 455037View attachment 455036

Sunday 18th August 2013:

Newcastle - Southampton 4-4
Boruc o.g. (16), Gouffran (69), Donovan (75), Baines (87); Wanyama (23), Ramirez (41), Osvaldo (66), Benayoun (84)
View attachment 455035View attachment 455034

Monday 19th August 2013:

West Ham - Tottenham
3-2
Jarvis (17), Heskey (45+1, 71); Dawson (50), Walker (79)
View attachment 455033View attachment 455032

League Table:

View attachment 455046

Stay with Match of the Day for pundit analysis, manager interview specials and many more!

That match looked… eventful.

Also, I wish I had remembered a while ago, you could have gotten Leandro Damiao for about 5 million, who would have been really good for you as the complete forward in your tactic.

Back