Blatter labels England "bad losers"

• Thread starter Thread starter GodCubed
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 126
  • Views Views 5K
I don't think the majority of England fans are taking it that badly. We're frustrated because we had the best bid, yes, but we wish Russia all the best. Being a bad loser would entail much more than what Sepp has been banging on about, which is corruption in FIFA, quite understandable given recent accusations that FIFA have sidestepped rather hastily.

We're not THAT annoyed at losing the World Cup bid, but we are annoyed at the fact that there could be inherent corruption inside FIFA and Blatter is basically laughing and telling us to shut up about it. We got two votes - TWO votes, for the country with the best facilities, best financial incentives, most passionate fans and the biggest league in the world, one vote of which was by the bid leader - behind Netherlands/Belgium for no apparent reason, considering our blistering final presentation. We wheeled out all our biggest stars, whilst the other bids struggled to come up with anyone of any note at all. Basically, we did everything they could possibly have wanted, and we came stone dead last.

So yes, we're a bit annoyed about losing it, but we're much, MUCH more annoyed about the possibility we could have lost it unfairly. We don't mind Russia winning, so long as they win it fairly.

Just about everyone here has admitted that they belive FIFA is corrupt but there is no doubt that some English people have spat the dummy out. I bet there wouldn't have been all this farce if England had one it.

And i belive that in Qatar they are using cooling systems in the stadiums.

But not everyone has admitted it...

i had this attitude long before the bid and will long after until he is removed!

i am definitely not one of the dummy spitters, i didn't care if it came to England or not, i could care if it is blatantly obvious that there has been corruption and that the world of football is run by a man who wipes his backside with 50 euro notes...

if it went to Spain/Portugal, belgium and netherlands or Australia, USA, i would not be involved in this conversation. Although as previously said i will let Russia go slightly, because they are a nation that has involvement with football.

I ruled out South Korea/ Japan because of them hosting it really recently, and i suppose USA come under that category debatably with 94'

Blatter labels England "bad losers"..

...ok, well...

England labels Blatter a "****"

If the boot were on the other foot, and Russia were complaining about corruption and bungs (although the notion of England bribing is bollocks anyway - a weekend in Blackpool and free healthcare isn't top of most board members' wish lists), what would we do? I'm sure we'd label them sore losers.

We aren't a 'developing' nation, therefore we didn't get the World Cup. I personally think that Russia could host a great tournament... but Qatar? I'm not convinced. For one, they aren't even playable on Fifa.

We're just ****** because we got two votes despite being told that our bid was excellent. That's what riles; words from shady characters that are about as sincere as a 'thankyou' when you get a pair of socks for Christmas.

For one, they aren't even playable on Fifa

This made me laugh but what has it got to do with anything.XD

Edit:I don't believe South Africa are either.

If the boot were on the other foot, and Russia were complaining about corruption and bungs (although the notion of England bribing is bollocks anyway - a weekend in Blackpool and free healthcare isn't top of most board members' wish lists), what would we do? I'm sure we'd label them sore losers.

That's true, we might. However, it isn't the Russians calling us sore losers right now, it's the ****** head of FIFA.

I agree with Blatter tbh. I was saying on the IRC the other day that we are bad losers. We seem to blame someone else for everything.

I wish this man would just **** off and die...

Qatar won the vote for one reason and one reason only.

Bin Hammam Mohamed publicly announced (this shows their intent for an Asian to stand but Bin Hammam later said he would do it himself) his intention to stand against Sepp Blatter in next years FIFA Presidency elections. And he would also take all the Asian votes with him. Bear in mind the FIFA Presidency election = 1 member, 1 vote. This means a LOT of votes Blatter would lose. 1 member, 1 vote means there are 208 votes up for grabs.

I can almost guarantee Bin Hammam will no longer stand. Why? Qatar won the World Cup vote.

By the way, this also shows exactly why Jack Warner carries so much influence. CONCACAF = 40 votes!!!

serriously stop playing the same song. You lost and thats it. Inregards to the media they did **** up your chances. They do it everytime. They have the world cup route planned to the final and your not even there yet lol. If you had got it the media would put their top story England can emulate 66. I would like for once for people to see they didnt win and accept it.

serriously stop playing the same song. You lost and thats it. Inregards to the media they did **** up your chances. They do it everytime. They have the world cup route planned to the final and your not even there yet lol. If you had got it the media would put their top story England can emulate 66. I would like for once for people to see they didnt win and accept it.

We didn't win... iv accepted it. Like iv said ^^ it didn't bother me that we didn't win.

i demand that you like this post! 8-|

lol not every fan is alike so sorry if you felt offended

i wasn't offended at all... i was messing around.

Im just rather sick of this thread suddenly turning into a every other possible country that accesses this site against the English.
And in all fairness any international issue concerning England and controversy, and everyone else jumps on the i hate england tour bus and drives it round until the tyre's are bald.

It is REALLY boring now, we know a lot of you don't like us, what you need to realise is we couldn't care less!!

i wasn't offended at all... i was messing around.

Im just rather sick of this thread suddenly turning into a every other possible country that accesses this site against the English.
And in all fairness any international issue concerning England and controversy, and everyone else jumps on the i hate england tour bus and drives it round until the tyre's are bald.

It is REALLY boring now, we know a lot of you don't like us, what you need to realise is we couldn't care less!!
lol i dont mind the english i jsut hate the media.

Someone raised a point to me the other day about whether the FA should break away from FIFA and try and get the other major footballing powers to follow suit. While I'm not sure it would work, if we got the likes of Spain/ Italy/ Portugal to join us, it may well make FIFA change their tune. The main drawback being, would the English public accept the country not competing in the World cup, I highly doubt it.

Personally i'm happy that my council tax wont be going up 500percent to pay for the World cup, it makes no difference to me where its held - i will still watch it

As for Blatter, i think maybe he was abused by an English man when he was young. Then, some years later, Blatter abused Platini and told him the English made him do it....

from that moment onwards they have been united in their hatred for england - no other rational explanation...

Personally i'm happy that my council tax wont be going up 500percent to pay for the World cup, it makes no difference to me where its held - i will still watch it

As for Blatter, i think maybe he was abused by an English man when he was young. Then, some years later, Blatter abused Platini and told him the English made him do it....

from that moment onwards they have been united in their hatred for england - no other rational explanation...

Except that Platini is French. :)

the world cup bid is just like eurovision (which i DONT watch) nothing to do with anything other than polotics

the world cup bid is just like eurovision (which i DONT watch) nothing to do with anything other than polotics

Spot on man. We will probably never win Eurovision because we are so unpopular.

Back