Status
Not open for further replies.
Actually as I can remember I have put him to transfer list too, so I expected to he will leave the club.. but 4 million is a little bit low, but better than nothing.

764402d1422998259-bornexplorer88s-chairman-game-2015-image.jpg

Manchester United: Season Start, Something Flat

Before we cover the start of the season let us review the Transfers Manchester United have made this summer.

Ross Barkley

View attachment 300539

Has been dubbed England’s midfield future and has shown much promise so far. The youngster brings a great deal of technique to Manchester and will definitely spend his best years with United.

Mats Hummels

View attachment 300538

The Germany World Cup winner was an inevitable signing and one which had been much speculated. The German will bring a wealth of experience and steel to the Man Utd defence especially with the sale of Smalling and Evans.

Iver Fossum

View attachment 300536

The young Norwegian is somewhat unknown and will have some work to do to make a name for himself. Most likely to be farmed out on loan. Bags of potential though.

Dede

View attachment 300534

Another player who will add some class to the defence the Brazillian is a powerhouse and should fit in nicely to the defence, especially if Van Gall plays with a 3-5-2 formation.

Andriy Yarmolenko

View attachment 300533

The Ukranian has been waiting for a move to a big club and has now moved to one. The winger will provide competition to United’s other wingers. With such a big fee the United fans will be expecting big things.

Nikolas Nkoulou

View attachment 300531

Another commanding centreback joins United who have sorely missed the calibre that Nkoulou brings with him. Will help to sure up the United defence.

Jan Verthongen

View attachment 300528

Spurs have surely made a mistake in selling their best centrehalf. Jan will further add to the depth of the United defence.

Wellington Nem

View attachment 300526

This tricky winger is the last to come in to United. The young Brazillian has huge potential and will hope for an exciting career at Manchester United.

Manchester United have added to their ranks and have started the season ok. They beat Villa 3-1 with Di Maria, James Wilson and Andriy Yarmolenko on the scoresheet and Spurs 2-1 with Juan Mata and Wellington Nem scoring and lost heavily to Everton 5-0. Everton deserved the win and deserve to be topping the table.

Mason has stated that the 5-0 drubbing of Everton was just a blip and the team are still getting to grips with Van Gaal’s style and to each other. He expects to see much better results in the future.

Last edited:
Stuttering start to the season for Hull

Hull make decent start to the season.
View attachment 772796
Hull City have had a more busy start to the season than most teams. With 2 qualifying stages of Europa League, as well as the league start, we have already played 7 games.

Europa League:
In the Europa League, we were drawn against Israeli side Irony Kiryat-Shmona. After a lacklustre 1-1 away, we beat them a solid 3-0 at home. Vincent Aboubakar already showing his class here, with 3 goals in total.
In the final qualification stage, we had to face Rosenborg from Norway. We thumped them
4-1 at home and also beat them 2-1 away. Aboubakar with another 2 goals, and Dame N'Doye with 3 goals against the team from Trondheim.
This meant we were through to the group stages! We were drawn against Fiorentina, Dnipro and Zulte Waregem. It will be a tough group, but we aim to progress into the playoff stage, fighting with Fiorentina and Dnipro for first place.

Premier League:
In the Premier League we kicked off against Sunderland at home. Sunderland have been very quiet in the transfer window, so we were unsure about what to expect from them. However, we needn't worry, as we thoroughly beat them 3-1. Aboubakar, Sebastian Blanco and N'Doye all scored on their Premier League debuts to give us a fantastic start to the season.
In the next game, we headed to Stamford Bridge. Chelsea have strengthened even further in the summer, so we were expected to struggle. We did, however, give them quite a game, and were unlucky to not get anything from the game. A 2-1 loss in an even game. Aboubakar scoring again here.
We then headed back to the KC Stadium to face off against West Ham. In a game where we dominated possession, and shots, we didn't manage to convert our chances, losing 0-1.

Summary:
In general, we feel pleased with the start of the season. The only setback was our unlucky loss to West Ham. We are through to the group stage, so European football will bring in some financial benefits as well as help increase our standing. Steve Bruce hasn't moved anyone on in this window, as we hoped he would, but with 2 games a week until Christmas, that might be positive. Some of our new signings have been extremely pleasing:

Vincent Aboubakar: The Cameroonian has had a fantastic start to his career at Hull. 7 games, 7 goals and an average rating of 7.64. He is already proving to be well worth the outlay.
Sebastian Blanco: The Argentine has made the right wing his own at the start of the season. He has produced 6 assists as well as scoring a goal in his first 7 games. An average rating of 7.91 is extremely impressive, and we hope he keeps up his form. He might turn out to be quite the bargain!

Last edited:
So, the season continues on Wednesday, no matter if everyone have made their press releases or not?

View attachment 773368
Results

Burnley 1 - 1 West Brom
Michael Knightly (11)
James Morrison (22)

It would have been nice to get a win against newly promoted Burnley, but we were away and they have made some good editions to the squad, so a point wasn't the end of the world.

West Brom 1 - 3 Man City
Rickie Lambert (28)
Aguero (40),
Sterling (50)
Dzeko (64)

We took the lead, but the quality of City's finishing was evident as they scored 3 of there 4 shots on target. The match stats show we were unlucky not to get at least a point from the game.

View attachment 300400

Fleetwood 2 - 2 West Brom (won 4 - 1 on penalties)
Earnshaw (5)
,Mulumbu (14)
Ball (25)
Williams (63)

We made hard work of the Captial One 2nd round having to go all the way to penalties to get past Fleetwood. The stats also suggest we were lucky to get through.

West Brom 2 - 1 Swansea
Morrison (21),
Anichebe (68)
Gomis (80)

A good win at home against Swansea, who i expect to finish in a similar part of the table.

Thoughts on the Season so far?

View attachment 300398

The season has largely gone as expected so far, we are aiming for a comfortable mid table finish at a minimum and 4 points from 9, is on track for this.

Unfortunately Mr Pulis has not sold any of the players i had transfer listed and instead sold one of our best players Claudio Yacob for 6.75 million, I thought he could have at least got a bit more for him!

I am predicting us to finish 11th in the league!

9k=

Shearer happy with start at Newcastle.

“The team is currently sitting in 9th place in the league table, after 3 games we have won one, drawn one and lost one. This is about the position I expect us to finish in the league this year. And expect this sort of level to carry on throughout the whole season. As for transfers, we are disappointed to have lost Chieck but this was expected, I had a conversation with him when I joined and he aspired to bigger and better things, I couldn’t persuade him to stay. This is why we signed Lass and Emre to make sure we were not short when this happened. Me and Mirko continue to work behind the scenes to improve this club and are excited about the future here”

View attachment 300242

We've had a decent start to the season. A win, a draw and a loss. The win was a fantastic 2-1 win over Spurs, the draw a close 2-2 with Newcastle, and the loss was an equally close 3-2 loss against Everton, going to 3-0 down then bringing it back to 3-2. Unfortunately we weren't able to find that goal. The only major downside for me is the loss of Didier Drogba to injury, but then new signing Carlos Fierro stepped up and has already scored 2 league goals and a capital one cup goal, where we beat Peterborough on penalties after drawing 2-2.

9k=

Shearer happy with start at Newcastle.

“The team is currently sitting in 9th place in the league table, after 3 games we have won one, drawn one and lost one. This is about the position I expect us to finish in the league this year. And expect this sort of level to carry on throughout the whole season. As for transfers, we are disappointed to have lost Chieck but this was expected, I had a conversation with him when I joined and he aspired to bigger and better things, I couldn’t persuade him to stay. This is why we signed Lass and Emre to make sure we were not short when this happened. Me and Mirko continue to work behind the scenes to improve this club and are excited about the future here”

Bigger better things... Thank you

View attachment 299690

King believes in his Spurs!

"To all the spurs fan that have been tweeting this month on our current form."

"To answer a few of the questions, 1 win in 3 games is not the best start we could of hoped for, of course not. Although a few key injuries has slowed progress. We have currently got 6 players on the injury table which is joint first with Manchester United."

"Harry Kane though has stepped up and has 3 goals in the premier league this month, showing that he has what it takes to be our main striker this season if Soldado fails to produce any goals."

"I believe that we have what it takes to finish in the top 4 this season once all of our players get back to full fitness."

"No, dont have any plans to spend anything in the January transfer window, I'm surprised I am getting tweeted this question countless times! We have 2 players for every position in the team and if needed we can promote from within."

"Lastly I want to say a huge thank you to Vertonghen who moved to Manchester United for just under £20 Million. He has been a fantastic servent to the club and has been an ever present, solid, player worthy of wearing the Tottenham shirt. He is welcomed back to White Hart Lane anytime."

Vertonghen
View attachment 299689
Position: DC
Nationality: Belgian

"Lets hope for a better month ahead. To dare is to do!!"

Last edited:
View attachment 299655

Foxes flying high!

In a brief statement by Lineker before MOTD started, he stated that he was delighted with how the season had started. He said:

"I'm absolutely thrilled with how we've returned. 7th is a great position to be in, even with the league in its infancy. Ok, granted, we lost to Everton, but there were pleasing wins over both Newcastle and QPR. A nice win over Leeds in the cup as well, and we are well under way.

Our new signings are bedding in nicely, and it just goes to show that sometimes you don't need to throw money at a team to get good players. Many teams spent big this year, only 6 are ahead of us. I'm satisfied with that.

We've got the game against WBA to come on 25/10, I'm personally looking forward to that. It's the battle of the TV chairman, and I'm aiming for a win in that one to prove I'm better, just like my commentary."

oo you hard ***! ;)

I'm assuming just missing one isn't a problem, it's more about when people disappear for ages?

Ha, he's taking no sh*t this year eh! :p

I think unless people have a genuine reason for not being interactive then you are right remove them. Replace them with people who will be interactive as, at the end of the day, it will make it more of enjoyable for the rest of us.

Afterall, you spend hours doing these updates, you would think some of the non-interactive chairmen could at least make a quick 5 minute post once a week. haha

View attachment 299562
Swans off to a somewhat slow start!​
When asked about Monk's transfer activity, Zuckerberg stated,"Garry Monk opted against making any signings, which was fine with me. He was also unable to offload the players I transfer listed, which is not a big deal"

6/6 wins in preseason, could not build enough momentum, for the inevitable.... The 4-0 thrashing at the etihad, to open the season... an Aguero hat trick, and Silva from the spot, plus a dominant performance from City in all areas, led to our demise. This started us at the bottom of the table, which means there is only one way to go, which is the only positive to take out of it...
Next up was Villa at the Liberty stadium, we stole it with a Gylfi Sigurson goal early on
Capital One cup pinned us against Sheffield Wednesday at the Liberty Stadium, we won 3-0, Gomis with a brace and Routledge bagged one for himself.
A trip to The hawthorns, saw us lose 2-1 to West Brom in a fairly even match, they just took their chances better than we did, Gomis scored again.
Regarding the first month of soccer, Zuckerberg stated,"It wasn't an ideal start, but I have complete faith in Garry Monk and Charlie Austin to start firing in all cylinders, and move us to a more respectable position.

View attachment 299384
bornexplorer88 prays that Aguero can stay fit, as City achieve maximum points in style

bornexplorer88 has admitted in an interview with SkySports that he is happy with his clubs start to the season, and also impressed with a few chairman's business thus far.

SkySports: "So, be88, what are your thoughts on your clubs progress so far?

be88: "I have to say I have been impressed with the mentality of the players and staff, along with everyone else involved in the club. We have seen a lot of crucial first team squad players leave in the summer, and the squad really seem to have gelled very quickly, with many players making their debuts both for City and of their careers . We have had an absolutely fantastic start, with Aguero leading from the front! Lets just hope he can stay fit."

SkySports: "Aguero, can he stay fit for the whole season?

be88: "I certainly hope so. If their is a god, I hope he hears the city fans prayers. They are yet to see a fully fit Aguero at City. I can't deny he's been a delight to watch but when a player can only play 7 out of every 10 games, you have to look at the squad and with the likes of Sturridge, Bony and Dzeko in reserve I can see us not missing Aguero too much if he is to have another injury-ridden season. But obviously we pray thats not the case this year, and regardless of his injury-proneness I believe any team would have to pay big money to bring a player in that even closely matches his abilities in front of goal!"

SkySports: "Just another couple of questions; What do you make of the Premier League so far?"

be88: "It seems a bit strange, a lot of teams seem to have gone a bit wild in the transfer market this year, and I have absolutely no idea what has happened at Selhurst Park and Emirates during all the excitement, they remained very silent! But the two big surprises for me so far is the tale of two arguably mediocre sides having didn't starts to the season despite their successes in the transfer window, Aston Villa and Everton."

SkySports: "Firstly, Do you see Everton lasting the season in the top 4? And secondly, what made Aston Villa stand out during pre-season for you?."

be88: "As you can tell both clubs are run in a similar way, and of course Everton have played some fantastic football so far, and Martinez really allows his team to express themselves. Unlike many clubs this season they have kept to a financially-stable philosophy and it has to be said that Everton have always ran a tight ship in that regard, and we hope to follow in they're footsteps for seasons to come. Aston Villa, despite their disappointing start I am still slightly jealous of them, their transfer policy is buy youth, we have also tried to strengthen our squad with young talented players, but for me Youri Tielemans is the player to keep an eye on, he reminds me of a young Yaya Toure and I expect him to be in and around the first team squad in no time, I feel that they just seem to lacking that edge thus far."

SkySports: " Well thanks bornexplorer88, and good luck for the rest of the season!"

Season Recap:-
Top Performers: Sergio Aguero, Raheem Sterling and David Silva
View attachment 299382 View attachment 299381 View attachment 299380

Last 5 Games:-
N: Arsenal (Community Shield) WIN 2-2(pen) Goalscorers: Fernandinho, Aguero
H: Swansea (Premier League) WIN 4-0 Goalscorers: Aguero(3), David Silva
A: West Brom (Premier League) WIN 3-1 Goalscorers: Aguero, Sterling, Dzeko
H: Arsenal (Premier League) WIN 1-0 Goalscorers: Aguero

Looking forward to the next update :D

Hopefully Spurs clear our injury table and we can kick on next month!

Status
Not open for further replies.