Status
Not open for further replies.
Haha, stranger things have happened!

Seriously, it can't. Even if all the top 10 went against the bottom 10 and lost, we wouldn't be bottom unless, and this is OPTIMIST, we concede tons of goals (more than 25)

Seriously, it can't. Even if all the top 10 went against the bottom 10 and lost, we wouldn't be bottom unless, and this is OPTIMIST, we concede tons of goals (more than 25)

Exactly, that's why it would be strange! It's also a reminder for me to check the table before getting optimistic as well...

At least I guess we won't be forced to write our press releases before Friday now! :p

At least I guess we won't be forced to write our press releases before Friday now! :p
I will be doing the update over the next hour... my cloning/upgrade ssd's proved more difficult than I had hoped

press release deadlines will be extended to sunday

If any chairman has stopped playing I'd like to step in, read this forum religiously haha! Enjoyed this story!

Can I take one of the booted chairmans' places?

Sunderland are available - you can announce the takeover + PM email address please

If any chairman has stopped playing I'd like to step in, read this forum religiously haha! Enjoyed this story!

That was the last place, I have added you to the waiting list for the next available slot, I'll PM you when it comes available. Keep reading on, glad your enjoying it... I'm hoping for a few seasons this year. PM me your email address for confirmation, thanks

Last edited:
Unbeaten Chelsea

View attachment 298695

Reporter - We are here today with Chelsea Owner Cool M Cool who seems a lot happier this month after his team Chelsea won 6 out of 7 matches in Septmeber and only dropped points to Title Holders Man City.

Reporter - A much better month after an indifferent start?

Cool M Cool - Yes its obvious this Mourinho chap bucked his ideas up after i had a word at the end of last month and has given us some brilliant results.

Reporter - Some would say you failed at your only tough match of the month which was against Man City?

Cool M Cool - I suppose you could call some of the teams we played this month cannon fodder but a wins a win, we sit here in the next round of the Capital One Cup, with 6 points from our first two European games and 10 points out of a possible 12 and im happy.

Reporter - Who has been your best player so far and more importantly your worse?

Cool M Cool - First off the usual suspects have been in fine form for us with the likes of Costa, Fabregas and Hazard on fire whilst new signing Laczette has looked good to mainly coming off the bench but getting 3 goals.
Whilst i have not been impressed with Ramires whilst Rafinha who is currently injured has not seemed worth the £20Plus Million we have paid for him in the couple of games i have seen of him.

Reporter - What about your other Chairmans teams?

Cool M Cool - At first glance you would have to say Leicester have been brilliant but they have yet to face one of the big teams and will in the coming weeks face Liverpool, Arsenal and Man City along with ourselves so then we will really see how high they are.
I think QPR are doing the worst though for a team that strengthened well while Charlie Austin is looking the flop of the season having yet to score for Swansea after his big money move.

You guys do realise I was joking when I said that I had a top of the table post ready? Time to start typing...

September update

Impotent Hull firing blanks.

View attachment 777388

It's been a month of what could have been for Hull City. The squad seems to be gelling well, and some of the new signings are looking promising, but goals seem hard to come by. Let's look at the results:

Capitol One Cup:
We faced off against Charlton Athletic at home, and our second-string side got a run out. However, when loan signing Lucas Digne got sent off after 7 minutes, we had a hard game ahead. Our defence held strong, and at 0-0 we headed into extra time. When Dame N'Doye netted a penalty to make it 1-0 we hoped to hold on, but 10 minutes from time, we conceded. In the lottery of the penalties, we drew the shortest straw, and lost. Out of the cup is disappointing, but might be a blessing, giving us a bit of rest in a tough schedule. This was, however, only a small taste of a bitter month ahead.
View attachment 298689
Penalty misery again.
Europa League:
We opened the group stage away at Zulte Waregem in Belgium. In a close battle, we came out on top, thanks to two late goals from substitute Abel Hernandez. A solid 3-1 victory.

In our second game against Fiorentina at home, dominating possession and creating lots of chances. Jake Livermore gave us a deserved 1-0 lead, and all was well. But it wasn't to be. Despite creating 5 clear cut chances, and not allowing Fiorentina a single one, they managed to find the net twice from Mario Gomez. The winning goal scored in the 90th minute. A bitter blow to our chances of going through, and a very undeserved result.
View attachment 298685
Our undoer, Mario Gomez.
Premier League:
After one win, one draw and one loss in our first 3 games, we hoped to gain some momentum this month. However, it was another case of what could have been.

Away at Leicester, we played fairly well, creating 4 clear cut chances to their 2. But despite that and a 70th minute sending off for Liam Moore, we were 2-0 down before Aboubakar netted a 90th minute consolation goal. Another game where we couldn't put away our chances.
View attachment 298684
Leicester flying high this month.

Home to Stoke was one of the few high points of this month. Two goals from Robert Snodgrass and another Aboubakar goal meant we deservedly won 3-1. Liam Rosenior stepped in at left back and played really well, earning the MoM.
View attachment 298683
Liam Rosenior, Tom Huddlestone's unknown brother.

We then traveled to Old Trafford. In a game no one expected us to get anything from, we held our own. We had two clear cut chances, and limited them to having only one, but as is the case in modern day football, the big teams find a way to get the points anyway. We thought we'd earned a point when Dame N'Doye equalized in the 70th minute, but a 89th minute penalty, tucked away by James Wilson saw all our hard work undone.

We had, however, saved the most frustrating bit for last. Home to Aston Villa, Brucey had the team playing brilliantly. We dominated possession and carved them open time and time again. It was a tough blow to see them go ahead 1-0 in the 47th minute through Diafra Sakho, with what turned out to be their only shot on target in the whole game. That man, Aboubakar, was on the spot again to earn us a point, with his equalizer 5 minutes later, but all in all a very disappointing draw. We need to win these games! 8 shots on target to 1, that shouldn't end 1-1.
View attachment 298681
Abel Hernandez cannot believe we didn't win that game.
Looking forward:
It looks like it's going to be a tough month for us, and I just hope we won't regret dropping precious points. Spurs (Away), Dnipro (Away), Everton (Home) and Newcastle (Away) are the next 4 games. If we get a win and a draw from those games, we can't be disappointed. In order to do so, we need someone else than Aboubakar to also score. Even though it is very pleasing that he's 2nd in the goalscoring charts, it isn't enough if we can't get the points!

Btw borne, are we allowed to sign new contracts with players who have expiring contracts, before the next transfer window?

Btw borne, are we allowed to sign new contracts with players who have expiring contracts, before the next transfer window?
This is a managers decision but if another chairman trys to sign him on a free then you will be given the option to offer him a new deal, but if the deal happens in game then there's nothing you can do.

Gonna read through all this now, I have been largely inactive with FM but got back to it and finally have time to play it (praise the lord)

Although it is 56 pages old, just want to say good luck and I will be a keen follower on how it goes :)

This is a managers decision but if another chairman trys to sign him on a free then you will be given the option to offer him a new deal, but if the deal happens in game then there's nothing you can do.

Fair enough! Btw, I see that all the loan deals have been made as "transfers", what if a manager manages to buy one of them from another club, will you stop that from happening? I guess doing it that way and giving players 1/2 of their salary should have some effect on their value as well?

Fair enough! Btw, I see that all the loan deals have been made as "transfers", what if a manager manages to buy one of them from another club, will you stop that from happening? I guess doing it that way and giving players 1/2 of their salary should have some effect on their value as well?

I've never saw that happen in any of born's chairman games weirdly enough nor has never happened in my time of running these games. Although if it did happen then, I'm guessing, born would simply undo the transfer; return the player to the loaned team and put the transfer fee paid amount back into the balance of the buying team(and obviously remove the amount paid to the selling club).

I've never saw that happen in any of born's chairman games weirdly enough nor has never happened in my time of running these games. Although if it did happen then, I'm guessing, born would simply undo the transfer; return the player to the loaned team and put the transfer fee paid amount back into the balance of the buying team(and obviously remove the amount paid to the selling club).

Sounds good. Just out of curiosity, how come you don't just make the transfer a normal loan with 50% of wages paid?

Status
Not open for further replies.