bornexplorer88's Chairman Game - Story

View attachment 315227
Spurs on route for Season success

Currently sitting 4th in the table, with a game in hand to go 3rd, Chairman Billie Marshall has stated the ambition of top 4 at the start of the season is close to being achieved.

" We are not there yet, but we have put ourself in a very good position to achieve it. With the added financial bonus of the Champions League and the benefit of attracting the world's top stars it is vital we achieve this "

Marshall did add " I am slightly disappointed, however, at the failure to add Lewis Holtby to the Tottenham squad early, even after an agreement was made back in January "

" We let Gylfi go knowing a replacement was coming in, and this has left us short, who knows how much of an impact this has had on results "

View attachment 315242

Walker: "We are favorites for the drop"

Walker has today said that he feels that his Fulham side are now favorites to be relegated he had this to say.

"Yes I think we are now favorites for the drop, with 7 games to play we sit in 18th with just 28 points and we still have to play Chelsea, Man City and Liverpool. The two most improtant games for us will be the last two again Reading and West Ham, my worry is that we will already be down by then."

View attachment 315242

Walker: "We are favorites for the drop"

Walker has today said that he feels that his Fulham side are now favorites to be relegated he had this to say.

"Yes I think we are now favorites for the drop, with 7 games to play we sit in 18th with just 28 points and we still have to play Chelsea, Man City and Liverpool. The two most improtant games for us will be the last two again Reading and West Ham, my worry is that we will already be down by then."

I've holidayed it a fair few times and I'm sad to say that the bottom three stays the same nearly every time! :(

I've holidayed it a fair few times and I'm sad to say that the bottom three stays the same nearly every time! :(

Sorry too hear that but my improtant question is how many times does Ademilson get too go on his dream holiday too Rhyl :)

Vos pleased with League Cup win
Manchester United chairman Maarten Vos today heaped praise onto his manager Sir Alex Ferguson and several of the club's senior players after the club beat Arsenal 2-1 at Wembley to lift the League Cup, Former Arsenal Star Robin van Persie scored the winner and Vos said it felt good to see a fellow countryman play in such a good team, the billionaire said that his team had played fantastically in the second half of the season but insisted that they continue to do so as United seek to comfortably qualify for next year's Champions League. A huge part of the success has been from signings Frank Lampard and Yohan Cabaye, 'For us to get these players for the prices we did we are very, very lucky!'

Trowers to rival Owners: "You're not shouting anymore!"

Scott Trowers, already growing a reputation of speaking his mind, and being very press-friendly, has spoken about a few rival club's and their owners. He had this to say;

"It seems to me that a few people that before were talking to the press non-stop, especially about me, for some reason seem to have gone quiet now that they aren't doing so well. I haven't heard anything from (Manchester United owner Maarten) Vos since the start of the season, who I seem to remember claiming that we weren't rival clubs and we had a chance of being relegated...

"The Chelsea owner is another. He seems to of gone very quiet recently. I think they are realising that they need to back up their words with actions, as I have made sure I have done. I have to admit, I won't be entirely sorry to see Stoke relegated, but that is nothing personal with Bradley, I simply don't like their style of football."

Finally, when questioned on Newcastle's transfer policy and on Reading owner Scott Tillie's refusal to talk to the media, Trowers responded;

"I think it is very risky, what Santiago is doing. They have to get into the Champions League for the next few seasons, and to be honest, I don't think they can do it. They are 5th at the moment. There are a few teams breathing down their necks. And if you look at their upcoming fixtures, they have to play Tottenham, Chelsea, Man City, and Liverpool. I can't see them getting more than a couple of points from those games, plus they have a Tyne-and-Wear Derby which can always go either way!!!"

On Scott Tillie, he said, "It is interesting. I don't have an opinion about it either way really. I'd say we have a fairly good friendship, I have done a few favours for him in order to help out his team. Both of us being Scotts -and Scotsmen!- is quite good too! I personally enjoy talking to the press, Tillie clearly does not. It is his choice, and he is a very capable chairman. Reading will be stable for years to come under him!"

When Borne says the deadline is Friday GMT 00:01 is that tonight at midnight or tomorrow night??

303326d1319804821-bornexplorer88s-chairman-game-story-650.png

James Content With Season So Far

Tobey James has pretty much completed his first full season in charge of Everton and seems content with what he has seen so far. He has explained that the club is in a transitional stage at present and that with his financial backing and with the "fantastic" manager David Moyes they would be the men to bring success to the Toffees. James also explained that the club has also been hampered by injuries this season and that the squad will probably need to to be strengthened come the summer.

James has also finally accepted defeat in the Leighton Baines saga due to the player refusing to turn up to training so as to force through a move to Paris Saint-Germain, James has stated that he and the club were held to ransom but explained that £19 million was a good price and the club avoided selling to a rival. With the £19 million James has promised all of the money will be used to put towards new players come the summer.

The Everton chairman has also stated that the club who sit in 10th at this present time could hopefully finish the league in a better position depending on injuries. He also took the time to take a swipe at Tottenham Hotspur explaining that the London team were unrelentless in their desire to bring in Leighton Baines and that it is Spurs who first unsettled the clubs former left back. He explained that some clubs act outrageously when it comes to transfers and that he felt Tottenham had acyed in this way!

View attachment 315322

Marshall rubbishes James claims

Tottenham chairman Billie Marshall has rubbished suggestions he unsettled defender Leighton Baines after Everton chairman Tobey James suggested the London club went the wrong way about transfers

Marshall explained " Leighton is a fantastic player and we were interested, we put in several enquiries but it went no further after Everton refused to sell to us. Baines left as he wanted a new challenge, a challenge for trophies, and Tottenham would have provided that "

Marshall continued to say " I dont get into debates through the media, we were interested in Leighton, he went elsewhere so for me, the matter is closed, and if the situation should arrive, i look forward to speaking to Mr. James again about future transfers "

Didn't realise that we had sold Gervinho, got £10m for him too! Well chuffed, especially considering I almost accepted a £8m bid from a prem club :)

Holidayed the game 3 times aswell, interesting outcomes at the top ( didnt look at the bottom )

Europa League: Dortmund x2 and Liverpool
Champ League: Man City, Barcelona, Juventus
FA Cup: Sunderland, Man Utd, Man city ( i think )
Prem: Arsenal always came first all 3, Man City 2nd all 3... United 3rd x 2 ( 4th x 1 ), Tottenham 4th x 2 (5th x 1 )... Liverpool 4th x 1 )

Liverpool also went from winning Europa and coming 4th in one save, too coming 8th and sacking the manager on another haha

Unpredictable.

Holidayed the game 3 times aswell, interesting outcomes at the top ( didnt look at the bottom )

Europa League: Dortmund x2 and Liverpool
Champ League: Man City, Barcelona, Juventus
FA Cup: Sunderland, Man Utd, Man city ( i think )
Prem: Arsenal always came first all 3, Man City 2nd all 3... United 3rd x 2 ( 4th x 1 ), Tottenham 4th x 2 (5th x 1 )... Liverpool 4th x 1 )

Liverpool also went from winning Europa and coming 4th in one save, too coming 8th and sacking the manager on another haha

Unpredictable.

When I did it City won the title 2/3 times i think haha

What's the extra £19m loan about, though?

Might be a loan taken out too pay part of your debt, Villa took a £5m loan out which was being paid £500k till end of season (not sure if this was there before the start of save or not)

Southampton Happy With First Season So Far

Word coming from the Southampton camp is that new chairman Elmer Fudd is very happy with the current position of the club. He is said to believe that for their first season, Southampton are doing an amazing job, as are all the players and staff.

His one complaint is said to be the lack of playing time giving to wonderkid Vaclav Kadlec. Fudd believes Kadlec has the potential to be a superstar for the club, yet the manager has only played him 5 times, with 4 of those appearances as a substitute.

Back