bornexplorer88's Chairman Game - Story

Find this funny as we were scraping around for people to take up the last clubs for the whole of yesterday!

Was at work last night so couldnt put me name down for it plus dont normally look on the discussion part of here

Welcome Back!

It is with great excitement that Manchester United welcome back former club captain Gary Neville, who has been appointed as the new assistant manager of the club after Mike Phelan was sacked earlier this week, Gary said he was immensely looking forward to the challenge of Manchester United, but also said that he would be leaving his punditry role at Sky Sports, where he has won many plaudits for his analyisis over the past year.
United fans were also keen to see new signing Alex Kacaniklic while manager Sir Alex Ferguson confirmed that midfielder Michael Carrick was set to join Spurs for £8.5million with Jake Livermore coming the other way.
Meanwhile, taking time out of hectic schedule to speak with the press was club chairman Maarten Vos, who condemmed other chairman who spoke out about Roberto Martinez's sacking.
'Owners have a right to do with the club what they wish, I think the decison made by Wigan was the correct one, as we will see in the long term,'

View attachment 303036

Was at work last night so couldnt put me name down for it plus dont normally look on the discussion part of here

Wasnt having a dig at anyone. Just thought it was funny. Can we try and keep this thread for the story as much as possible otherwise it's gunna get clogged up with loads of extra discussion and people will miss key updates from chairmen. There is a discussion thread.

Carrick joins Spurs!
It has just been confirmed, as earlier speculated, that Michael Carrick has joined Tottenham Hotspur in an £8.5million deal, with youngster Jake Livermore going the other way. Michael joined United from Spurs in 2006 and made over 200 appearances for the club, becoming a firm fan favourite. These recent transfer dealings cement the manager's opinion to hold more faith in youth rather than expirience

View attachment 303038 View attachment 303039 View attachment 303040

Blast from the past as Spurs secure two signings

Tottenham have announced the double signing of former players, Dimitar Berbatov and Michael Carrick

Dimitar Berbatov has sealed a return on a deal worth around 9million pound from Fulham

Where as Michael Carrick has moved from Manchester United for 8.5million pound, with Jake Livermore heading to Old Trafford in the opposite direction

Andre Villas Boas has said " It is with great pleasure to announce these two back at WHL. They come with top experience, and will only benefit the squad "

View attachment 303041

Berbatov Out

View attachment 303042

Dimitar Berbatov has today agreed to re-join old club Tottenham hotspur in a deal that sees Fulham taking £9million. Walker has said that this money will be invested in the squad in order to replace berbatov and find a strike partner for other new signing Peter Crouch

View attachment 303043Guardiola joins Chelsea

New Chelsea chairman, Peter Fukalot, has just announced reaching agreement with the spanish manager Josep Guardiola to fill in the vacancy after Di Matteo's dismissal yesterday. Fukalot also announced that the new manager will be on the same wage as his predecessor, thus no extra spending will be in order.

Vos: "Pep will fail at Chelsea"
Manchester United chairman Maarten Vos today told a gathered press conference that newly unveiled Chelsea manager, Pep Guardiola, would fail at the club.
'The Club has certain ambitions that it will not be able to reach because of the contentious dressing room there, if they even win a match this season I would be surprised, they are nothing'
This claim will surely spur Chelsea on to beat United this season, and almost certainly have the spending power to do so...

In a side note, Sir Alex Ferguson today confirmed that midfielder Ryan Tunnicliffe had left the club to join Manchester City in a £1.6m deal, this has concerned supporters due to a lack of central midfielders but the manager promised that the club was working on this issue...

Last edited:

Walker Agrees With Vos

Vos earlier stated that "Pep will fail at Chelsea" and Walker has released a statement saying that he agrees with this statement.
"Chelsea made the wrong appointment by going with Pep. The only experience that Pep has had was with the best team in the world that already had the best players in the world, will Pep be able to inherit a squad that is already good but not world beating and be able to spend the money that Chelsea will no doubt be supplying him with? I have my doubts!!"

Why Walker felt the need to release this statement in beyond many, it is simply thought that he just wants to get one up on the new Chelsea boss.

The mind games will continue!!!

Manchester United chairman Maarten Vos today told a gathered press conference that newly unveiled Chelsea manager, Pep Guardiola, would fail at the club.
'The Club has certain ambitions that it will not be able to reach because of the contentious dressing room there, if they even win a match this season I would be surprised, they are nothing'
This claim will surely spur Chelsea on to beat United this season, and almost certainly have the spending power to do so...

In a side note, Sir Alex Ferguson today confirmed that midfielder Ryan Tunnicliffe had left the club to join Manchester City in a £1.6m deal, this has concerned supporters due to a lack of central midfielders but the manager promised that the club was working on this issue...
Outspoken Arsenal Owner Agrees with United Hierarchy

Scott Trowers is clearly unafraid to speak his mind. Since completing a shock purchase of Arsenal, he has continually talked to the press about issues which do not concern him.

This time, Trowers had this to say:
"I agree completely with Vos. Guardiola won trophy's with Barcelona... My cat could do that. Besides, at Chelsea the players run the club. Not the manager, not the board and not the owner. If the players do not want to succeed with a manager, they won't. And the manager will be sacked at great expense."

He was quick to point out however, that Vos was going against what he had said:
"I am sure Vos commented that owner's should do what they want, and that other people should not comment on their business. Seem's a bit hypocritical to me..."

CG-jackoin_zps6b608a07.png

He was quick to point out however, that Vos was going against what he had said:
"I am sure Vos commented that owner's should do what they want, and that other people should not comment on their business. Seem's a bit hypocritical to me..."
This part was the one that will surely make headlines

Scott who?
After Arsenal chairman Scott Trowers made comments about Maarten Vos recently, the dutch billionaire was asked his take on the story.
"I have never heard of Scott Towel or whatever his name is so I really don't care what he says about me"
This comment will almost certainly not be the last interaction between the opposing chairman in the coming months

Manchester City Football Club busy again, as the new owners begin to splash the cash

Gio Kinkladze is proud to announce his latest appointments.

View attachment 303046
"We are happy to announce that Ralf Rangnick, will be taking on the responsibility of Manager. I'd like to add that I wish the best to Mancini and liked to thank him for his time at Manchester City, but we felt that his loyalty to a certain Italian forward, we felt it was time for some new blood"

Along with the announcement of a new manager, Gio was present with his new signings.

View attachment 303047 View attachment 303048

James Ward-Prowse and Ryan Tunniclifee, both have represented their country at youth level and Gio stated he hopes that they can thrive under new management and with the state of the art facilities he hopes they can reach they're potential.

Also with the departures of Kolo Toure (player exchange), John Guidetti, Scott Sinclair and then the loans of Jack Rodwell and
Matija Nastasić.

View attachment 303049

He has signed Brede Hangeland, for £6,560,000 (including contract agreement with Kolo Toure and his new club Fulham).

He went on to say that the following players are still available for transfer there will be some departures and that he is making the following players available:-

Pantilimon £1m
Lescott £12m
Balotelli £22m
Nasri £25m

Last edited:
Scott who?
After Arsenal chairman Scott Trowers made comments about Maarten Vos recently, the dutch billionaire was asked his take on the story.
"I have never heard of Scott Towel or whatever his name is so I really don't care what he says about me"
This comment will almost certainly not be the last interaction between the opposing chairman in the coming months

Silenced Scott

Scott Trowers was unavailable when asked about recent comments made by Dutchmen Maarten Vos. It remains unlikely for him to be silent for long however...

Reading chief dampens fire

When the Reading Owner was asked what he thought about the comments made by Vos, his response was short and sweet:

"Who cares?"

When pushed for more comment he preceded to say:

"I previously made comment on the sacking of a manager but that is a totally different matter all together. Vos is a club owner, a money man, pencil pusher, whatever you want to call him. Pep Guardiola is one of the best managers of his generation and although Vos could possibly turn out to be right, we have no way of knowing either way. Personally after the comments i hope that Chelsea put 17 past United at Old Trafford, then maybe Mr Vos might, just might kindly eat his words."

Once again harsh words from a strong opinioned Scotsman.

Back