bornexplorer88's Chairman Game - Story

Vos predicts...
Maarten Vos has today predicted the results of this season's premier league. The hot headed chairman revealed his controversial opinions at a Q&A session with fans. The Billionaire gave these predictions, but who do you think will win the league:
1st Man Utd
2nd Chelsea
3rd Man City
4th Spurs
18th Arsenal
19th Reading
20th QPR

The owner said he respects all the teams in the league but that there are some teams that are better than others...

View attachment 303317

Walker confirms there will be more buissness at the Cottage before the window closes!

Walker has said that there will be more buisness at Fulham before the end of the week. He state that "There are two players who I will definantly look to bring into the club soon and that although I have made no contact over these players I am looking at finances and preparing bids for the near future, there are also may other players who I will look to sign but only if the price is right."
As for Ruiz he had this to say "We recieved a very respectable bid for the player yesterday from another London club but this has been put on hold at the moment, although a bid could still be arranged between the two clubs if they come back with the same or an improved offer, we will also be accepting bids from other clubs for the player..... We no longer wish for Ruiz to be a Fulham player he has announced his intentions to leave and he will get his wishes"

Vos predicts...
Maarten Vos has today predicted the results of this season's premier league. The hot headed chairman revealed his controversial opinions at a Q&A session with fans. The Billionaire gave these predictions, but who do you think will win the league:
1st Man Utd
2nd Chelsea
3rd Man City
4th Spurs
18th Arsenal
19th Reading
20th QPR

The owner said he respects all the teams in the league but that there are some teams that are better than others...

Short but sweet

Reading owner Scott Tillie was asked about comments made previously by Manchester United Chairman Martin Vos:

"Big Martin should learn to keep his mouth shut"

Short but sweet

Reading owner Scott Tillie was asked about comments made previously by Manchester United Chairman Martin Vos:

"Big Martin should learn to keep his mouth shut"

View attachment 303328
Edwin van der Sar today intervened in the Vos-Tillie war of worlds when he apologised to the Scottish buisnessmen in Vos' name. The former goalkeeper said that it was time that Vos stopped making war with his opposite numbers. Van der Sar did say, however, that Tillie should go out to prove Vos wrong after the Dutchman predicted for Reading to get relegated at the end of the season. 'Reading have to improve their squad and coaching staff if they want to survive as much as I hate to say it, that is the truth'

View attachment 303318Yes, it's that time of day again, when I create rumours about players leaving their respective clubs, generally to cause a bit of a stir :D So far I haven't received any complaints, so I'm gonna keep doing this!

First off,
Manchester United will soon confirm the transfer of a Aston Villa defender, for a value around £10m. The youngster will offer versatility, as he can play along the defence and in midfield.

Arsenal are looking another back up striker/winger, if their bid for United's Nani is unsuccessful. United still won't budge from their valuation of £23-25 million.

Chelsea are currently favourites for Chile international and Barcelona forward Alexis Sanchez.

Both Aston Villa's Weinmann and United's Anderson have been subject to bids from Everton. Both signings are expected to be confirmed shortly as new owner Tobey James splashes the cash in order to please fans.

Norwich City are set to confirm another loan deal, for a midfielder from Arsenal, when they receive league permission.

Aston Villa are keen to make up for lost time, by using the funds from a transfer to United to buy 2 or 3 new players.

Crystal Palace winger Zaha is subject to increasing interest, with Manchester United looking to him if they sell Nani.

Arsenal manager, Arsene Wenger is the favourite in the "sack race" for first manager dismissed of the season, followed by Brian McDermott of Reading.

Fulham are still on the lookout for a striker, and it is likely they will spend big, due to the profit from their previous transfers, and also a goalkeeper, with Craig Gordan looking good value for money.

Everton are looking for defensive reinforcements, namely a centre back, and also a left back, due to the interest shown in Leighton Baines.

Norwich manager Roberto Martinez has been told he is only expected to sell players, and reduce the wage budget, with many back-ups and Robert Snodgrass likely to leave before the transfer window ends.

And Finally...
Abou Diaby looks to be staying put. Trowers has received loan bids from Stoke and Reading, but he will only accept a permanent transfer, with Diaby valued at around £8 million. Trowers wants this money to have strengthen his bid for Nani.

As always, thanks very much for the positive feedback, and if you have any stories, let me know! Thanks :D

Last edited:
View attachment 303326

Tobey James has read the bickering between Premier League Chairman in the papers then. The New Everton Owner was caught laughing about it in a recent press interview when the issue was mentioned by a reporter.

"
I prefer my team to do it's talking on the pitch, I don't have a handbag and certainly don't want to get caught up in a catfight between other chairmen. Recently I have heard that Maarten Voss and Scott Tillie have been caight up in some sort of dispute and as much as I admire both men I feel that verbally jousting with others is exhausting and that it would distract me from doing my job. The role we are in is a high pressured one and yes the stress and irritation along with frustration can make some grumpy chairmen but I am wholeheatedly not condonning how other chairmen act but I promise Everton FC and it's fans that I will always act as a true professional."

In Other news James pointed out that a new arrival was expected imminently.

View attachment 303328
Edwin van der Sar today intervened in the Vos-Tillie war of worlds when he apologised to the Scottish buisnessmen in Vos' name. The former goalkeeper said that it was time that Vos stopped making war with his opposite numbers. Van der Sar did say, however, that Tillie should go out to prove Vos wrong after the Dutchman predicted for Reading to get relegated at the end of the season. 'Reading have to improve their squad and coaching staff if they want to survive as much as I hate to say it, that is the truth'

Van der Sar's words ring true

After the previous bad blood between the two owners of Reading and Man Utd, Direct Edwin van der Sar went out of his way to cool the row and offer some friendly advice to the Reading man, Tillie seemed chipper in his response:

" I think it took a big man from Man Utd to stand up against what Martin Vos had said so i thank Edwin for his kind words. Believe it or not i completely agree with everything he said and although i would love to improve the squad, nothing is in the pipeline at the moment. With regards to staff, that will be down to my new manager Heiko Vogel, hopefully we will be able to bring some coaches in."

Tillie finished by saying:

"Any time Edwin is in London or Berkshire, just give me a call, be a pleasure to sit down to dinner with a legend"

Sorensen Up for grabs

The hugely experienced Danish goalkeeper is up for grabs for those premier league teams lacking a bit of quality between the posts!

View attachment 303326

Tobey James has read the bickering between Premier League Chairman in the papers then. The New Everton Owner was caught laughing about it in a recent press interview when the issue was mentioned by a reporter.

"
I prefer my team to do it's talking on the pitch, I don't have a handbag and certainly don't want to get caught up in a catfight between other chairmen. Recently I have heard that Maarten Voss and Scott Tillie have been caight up in some sort of dispute and as much as I admire both men I feel that verbally jousting with others is exhausting and that it would distract me from doing my job. The role we are in is a high pressured one and yes the stress and irritation along with frustration can make some grumpy chairmen but I am wholeheatedly not condonning how other chairmen act but I promise Everton FC and it's fans that I will always act as a true professional."

In Other news James pointed out that a new arrival was expected imminently.

Trowers Agree's "100%" With Everton Owner
Despite the fact that Arsenal Majority-Shareholder Scott Trowers has already grown a reputation of speaking his mind, he has today shown his admiration for comments made by Tobey James.

He told The Daily Mail that he "agree's clubs should do their talking on the pitch, and that although owner's should keep showing some of their human and personal side's, a few chairman should every-now-and-then think about "shutting up", and this is aimed mainly at a certain Dutch Billionaire"

When pressed for a response to Vos' recent (Ridiculous) EPL predictions, he asked "Does anyone actually give a *** What this Vos guy has to say?"

Ruiz deal OFF
Bryan Ruiz's deal to Arsenal has been called off as they can no longer afford the deal. However it is thought that Walker may look to use Ruiz as a bargaining tool for a possible deal for an Arsenal player in the near future.

I am once again accepting all offers for Ruiz

Birch Frustration Grows

New Swans Chairman Sam Birch is said to be sick of waiting around having agreed in principal a number of deals.

''I'm growing tired of waiting for other Chairman to confirm deals we have agreed in private. I hope things can be sorted swiftly so everyone can move on and sort out squads before the start of the season.''

Last edited:
Trowers Admits Summer Transfers are Unlikely

The Arsenal owner has admitted in a press conference that it is becoming increasingly unlikely that many big-name players will be joining the league during this window, but reassured supporters that the money will be spent in January.

He also stated he understood what Swansea-owner Sam Birch meant, as Trowers was also finding a number of other owner's taking too long to respond to deal's which are close to being agreed.

Finally, he confirmed that the club are still desperate to sign a Defensive-midfielder, and have offered somewhere in the region of £160-190k a week in terms of wages. Arsenal are also on the lookout for a striker, although are willing to wait until next season so they can assure only a quality player will be brought in.

Slight error by me here, I have had to empty me inbox and sent items, so can whoever the 2 clubs were who wanted Arshavin please PM me again, thanks (and sorry)

303326d1319804821-bornexplorer88s-chairman-game-story-650.png

Tobey James has funded Everton's first official Transfer this season. The club has signed Man Utd's creative midfielder Anderson. The centre midfielder who hasn't really shone at the Red Devils has signed on a £5 Million deal but with the transfer comes a £12 Million buy back clause. Tobey James is said to be delighted with the coup and can't wait to see his new signing play.

"Anderson will add Creativity, Flair and a bit of Brazillian sparkly to our game, our dynamics will improve and I hope he can bring back some of his best which he displayed whilst at Porto. His vision and passing can only help improve us as a team and I am excited to see him pull on an Everton Jersey. We are aware of his injury history and have already devised a unique training regime to try and manage him in a way that Man Utd failed to do so. Everyone knows Ando's potential which is why United inserted a buy back clause but we look forward to good things this season. "

David Moyes was delighted with the Transfer and he and his team are really benefiting from the owners funds.

largestAnderson2012.jpg

Anderson will be wearing the Blue of Everton next season.

Last edited:
Back