Bringing Back The Glory Days - Tottenham Hotspur

Unlucky againist Barca and totally unlucky in premiership. Too many draws + the defeat but as you said not over yet

Corrr unlucky mate such a hard run in! i've been drawn with Barca, Shakhtar and Spartak Moscow in the champs league, all horrible places to go! Also Sandro is out for 3 months, and you will know how much i'll miss him. He's the lynchpin in the middle.

Like you i am hooked. We say it every year but has to be best FM yet!!!

I'm so jelous of you guys right now lol just one more week and i will give my self a birthday present hihihihi

Unlucky againist Barca and totally unlucky in premiership. Too many draws + the defeat but as you said not over yet

Corrr unlucky mate such a hard run in! i've been drawn with Barca, Shakhtar and Spartak Moscow in the champs league, all horrible places to go! Also Sandro is out for 3 months, and you will know how much i'll miss him. He's the lynchpin in the middle.

Like you i am hooked. We say it every year but has to be best FM yet!!!

Thanks for your replies. I know I went out to Barcelona but I can't even say I'm gutted because of how we played.. would have been great if Bale's goal stood though.

And fmtobes, you're gonna miss him desperately. Scotty Parker is decent but just doesn't do the same job. And good luck with your Champs League group.. the away matches are going to be toughy's. Let me know how you get on.

Also, I will finish the season soon... just got in from my night shift so am off to bed! :-D

Last edited:
May 2014
may2014.png

Our first match seen us at home to Swansea, and we got off to a great start with Sandro netting in the 15th minute. We also had the chance to extend our lead from the penalty spot, but Sigurdsson blasted it over the bar. -Man City also travelled away to struggling QPR, and to my surpise the hoops came away with the win to help them leap from Blackburn and are now out of the relegation zone, also helping us to jump back into pole position for the Title.

1-0 against Blackburn and a step closer to becoming Premier League Champions. I thought we had done it as Man City were drawing away from home to Liverpool. My match finished, and they were still drawing, I did my full time team talk and as I confirmed and went back to the match screen, a goal alert appears in the 93rd minute with new Liverpool centre back, Subotic popping up with an own goal to send it to the last day of the season.

The final day of the season came and the pressure was on. A win would seal it.. it what may have been one of the longest and most boring matches I had throughout the season, we managed to take the lead in the 70th minute just as I was beginning to worry through Adebayor (who incidentally I am looking to sell this summer along with Defoe).

League Table

Overview
In my opinion this season just seems like a bit of a shocker, as at the start of the Season I thought it would be a struggle to get European Qualification. But it seems as though we were the only team to strengthen significantly and it proved to pay dividends. I was also happy to see Newcastle have managed to qualify for the Champions League once more.

I think my Players of the Season were, Lloris, Kaboul who was a monster, and both Lennon and Bale (All who start at the club).

The Champions League was a particular highlight especially with the win over Barcelona, despite the loss on away goals.

Now I look forward to the new season, seeing who impresses at the World Cup, and who may become available. Roll on the new Season!

Congratulations mate good job. Any build-up plans for the coming season?

Congratulations mate good job. Any build-up plans for the coming season?
Thanks bud.. I'm planning on getting rid of both Defoe and Adebayor as I don't feel they are prolific enough for the amount of chances created for them.
Also, I've had a falling out with both Scott Parker and Tom Huddlestone and despite numerous conversations they can't be won round, so both will be gone in the transfer window.
So I will be happy as long as I can bring in one DMC, and one Striker. -My scouts have also pointed out a lot of British talent who I have listed to my Chairman to see if we can get to develop their skills in our youth team.

For a DMC i can recomend Kyriakos Papadopoulos. No idea how he will be in FM2013 but he rocks in FM2012 so i dont think you have anything to loose if you check him out. For a striker well dont have any special recomendation really but maybe if you tell me your budget i might come up with something

I'm looking at Jovetic at the minute due to his scoring record. -DMC, I'm sitting on first as I want to get the Striker sorted. I have £50+m to spend due to not spending my whole budget last season.

i see that is quite alot of a budget. What about kleber from Porto?

Pre-Season
preseason.png

A good, but very short pre-season (because I forgot to arrange friendlies and only had two arrange them with me,lol). Winning both matches against my affiliates, however, match fitness is pretty low going into the start of the season.

First Team Squad

August
august2014.png

The Community Shield was complete and utter joy. We went behind within a couple of minutes to an early penalty, only to make a dramatic change of events and score SEVEN goals. It just seemed like every shot we had on target went in. But by the end of the match our players fitness waned and we struggled to play at the same momentum.

Having West Ham again six days later, I was hoping for much of the same only to be upset straight away. We just couldn't get going throughout the match. Disappointing to say the least as I only lost twice in the league last season.

The Swansea match signalled the start of a new era at our new 49,000 seater stadium. But it was another lacklustre performance where we only scored from a set piece.

The final match away to Brighton we absolutely dominated, and the strikers having the same problems as their predecessors before them in not finishing what was put infront of them. But at least it wasn't a loss. -If it carry's on like this, it'll be a long season.

Transfers

I am beginning to question Daniel Levy's negotiation skills with some of the wages being batted around, but he signed two players for the first team that I needed, and a few of the youth players that my scouts have found. I'll be looking forward to seeing how they develop.

Good luck defending your title in the coming season mate you will need it

hi mate just had a look. you did so well last season! winning the league is a great achievement!

i am now in the christmas period and am currently 2nd in the league, a point behinf united. my team are doing brilliantly in the champs league, we drew 1-1 both home and away to Barca and with us level on points with Shaktar going into the last game, we won 3-0 at WHL, Ukranian Yarmalenko scoring a brace.

This season the performances of Steven Caulker have really impressed and he has 2 senior caps now. Walker Baines Caulker Lennon Huddlestone and Parker all getting into the England squad. Lloris continues to perform well however we ae struggling to keep clean sheets with just 5 or 6 all season so far. Any suggestions on how to shore up the defence?

Also do you think you'll be able to compete in the Champs League for a second season and maybe even win a cup competition aswell as the league? Keep going mate, this save has me hooked. Anyone unsure on who to be, Spurs is a great project... nt unbiased ofcourse. COYS!!!

Lloris continues to perform well however we ae struggling to keep clean sheets with just 5 or 6 all season so far. Any suggestions on how to shore up the defence?

Also do you think you'll be able to compete in the Champs League for a second season and maybe even win a cup competition aswell as the league? Keep going mate, this save has me hooked. Anyone unsure on who to be, Spurs is a great project... nt unbiased ofcourse. COYS!!!

lol, thanks.. and no, no bias at all ;) lol
My 4231 deep formation (two dmc's) no longer seems to be affective this season, and that was my main source of clean sheets. At the minute it's a score one more than them project which I'm not a fan of so not sure if I can throw any suggestions your way just yet I'm afraid.

I'd love to get my hands on the FA Cup, but judging by my start to the season it seems as though I may have difficulty retaining the title which is my priority. Hopefully I can get it turned around sharpish, I just need to find another system that works.

September 2014
september2014.png

Don't let the results deceive you. We seem to get dominated in matches, and luckily come away with a decent result. I know I shouldn't complain but I'd quite like to win a match by looking like I deserve it and playing some nice football like last season.

The Paris match was a prime example of looking like a weak side, and I have no idea how we managed to score two last minute goals.

I know it might seem like I am complaining about nothing, but when I win I like to play nice football. More hours are going on the training pitch and perfecting it. Let's see how October goes.

Know the feeling from your September. And i too am just focusing on scoring one more. I feel the shouts are useful more this game. Run at defence, Get Ball Forward, Play out of defence are the ones i use. Whats best when you are in need of a goal, desperately.

October 2014
october2014.png

I knew the string of bad performances would catch up with me, firstly in the Champions League which I knew would be a touch match anyway, but we were made to just look ordinary.

Then each of the Premiership matches this month, I was already a goal down within 5 minutes of the match starting. It seems like all of my players just seem to lose concentration at the start of the match. And thanks to that lack of concentration I am now sitting down in 13th position worrying about my future, whilst my players are wanting meetings with me everyday because they are concerned about the club under achieving.

I just feel my players need to buck up their ideas and perform how I know they can. If it carries on this way, players will be getting fined for poor performances. We're suppose to be the Champions.

Hey mate, one small question, how did you get the Goal Scorers tab? I don't seem to have it in my FM.

Edit: Never mind haha, figured it out just after I posted this

Glen buy them a round at a strip club that might get their spirits up :p In all seriousness now that is some tough luck hope you can go back into it. Found a proper striker/ DM yet?