Bringing Back The Glory Days - Tottenham Hotspur

4-0 to reading.. nice slap in the nuts for you there. But hopefully you can win the league, not sure where you are in league - but will be good to see you retain it, and also hopefully win the Champions League, would be good too see that!

4-0 to reading.. nice slap in the nuts for you there. But hopefully you can win the league, not sure where you are in league - but will be good to see you retain it, and also hopefully win the Champions League, would be good too see that!

Champions League would be brilliant, but I still need to pass Bayern and Barcelona for any such luck. -As for the Title, Arsenal are twenty points clear and a win a way from being Champions. Incidentally I am second, it seems like everyone apart from Arsenal are struggling this season.

Champions League would be brilliant, but I still need to pass Bayern and Barcelona for any such luck. -As for the Title, Arsenal are twenty points clear and a win a way from being Champions. Incidentally I am second, it seems like everyone apart from Arsenal are struggling this season.

Well.. park the buss and you might have a chance! haha.

And god, what players do Arsenal have now??

Well.. park the buss and you might have a chance! haha.

And god, what players do Arsenal have now??
Hummels, Ben Arfa, and Neymar are their only major signings, the rest is just their young players develop. Kind of scary how well they're playing!

Saying that, they haven't had Champs League this Season, just Europa League.

Neymar and Ben Arfa that and i'm guessing majority of their current players.. thats quite scary

Well they are surely owning in the PL now but it could be them struggling next season and you winning it again. Thats the magic of FM you can't be really sure what comes next

Exactly, and I'm comfortably through to the semi's of the champs league. -Looking forward to finishing the Season though as I don't enjoy seeing Arsenal at the top of the league, lol.

Starting next season I'll be starting to do more in depth chapters for each month, I fancy trying something different as some of the other stories on here are well written, and Klippybo's is bound to be a masterpiece.

I like the way you think. Will be waiting for the next updates. Btw you got any players to recommend for my Tottenham game? we are off in a very good start 2x2 in the league againist leeds and west brom ( 4-1 win in both matches ) and through to the europa
league with a 9-1 aggregate againist zurich.

I like the way you think. Will be waiting for the next updates. Btw you got any players to recommend for my Tottenham game? we are off in a very good start 2x2 in the league againist leeds and west brom ( 4-1 win in both matches ) and through to the europa
league with a 9-1 aggregate againist zurich.
Nothing more than the players I have signed.. other than that, my scouts are all out looking for the next big thing.

well done on the results, btw

Will check those players out, in my game they might not be good signings since im on the 2017-18 season. Anyway good luck with the rest of the season

April 2015
april2015.png

April got off to the worse possible start. I thought we had an easy road ahead after taking the lead early on, only for the Baggies to absolutely make a fool of my team and dominate us to the end. We didn't deserve anything and didn't get anything. I don't know if the players had one eye on the Champions League but nonetheless they still got the hair-dryer treatment.

The first Leg of the Champions League Quarter Final came around and my defence and goal keeper were nothing short of top form. Bayern absolutely dominated us with possession and opportunities but most were long distant efforts thanks to the defence in closing down so quickly. Jovetic popped up with what proved to be the winner sending us into the second leg with confidence.

Three days later we played Norwich with our second string side to rest our stars for the second leg, and the result just piled on what has been a frustrating season in the league.

Another four days and we have travelled to Munich. Being 1-0 from the first leg confidence was high, and continued as we took the lead and went in at half time with a goal to the good. Just after the break Rodrigo puts us two up only for the German side to quickly peg us back to 2-2. But knowing they needed another two goals to go through I was pretty confident and changed from attacking to counter, and we managed to pinch the winner on the break. -We're through to face Barcelona.

The Everton match came around and the majority of the first team were tired (not sure if the travelling tires them out more than usual). But Jovetic came on in the 75th minute to score two last minute goals to get us a much needed win in the league.

The Newcastle game then came around. A win for the toon would put them above us in the league, so it wasn't an option. With the Barcelona match in the back of my mind I started a half n half team with some first teamers. By the end of the first half we were 4-2 up and I took some of the main players off, and we still came out with the victory.

Finally the Barcelona match! Travelling to Spain, and visiting the Nou Camp for the second time in two seasons is always going to be a highlight. But we were soon brought down to earth as by the 20th minute we were 2-0 down. We managed to get to the half time whistle without conceding any more, making one change I took off Sigurdsson who was less than impressive, and brought on Dembélé which proved to be vital. His creativity began to tear through the Barcelona defence and eventually it was the man himself who got us that much needed away goal. We continued to attack towards the end but couldn't get an equaliser, but after that second half performance, I'm quietly confident going into the second leg!

Goodish month, West Brom and Norwich would of been games you expect to win - but getting to the Semi-Final was probably your priority, seeing that Arsenal are basically Champions already. Barcelona match looks good - a 1-0 win will make sure you go through, and then you've got rid of 2 of better clubs in Bayern and Barcelona. Lets just hope your team can perform when needed! Good luck mate!

May 2015
may2015.png

The month started off with a trip to Old Trafford to a strong United side that have been struggling all season to break into the top four. I decided to risk putting out a reasonable strength side against them, as I kind of wanted to pile on the misery for them due to my disappointing season. We took the lead just before half time and went onto go 2-0 on the 60 minute mark and continued to pile on the pressure, with United getting a consolation goal in stoppage time.

Next, we played host to Barcelona knowing that there is only a goal in it. Instead of playing the usual attacking tactic I changed to counter, as I knew that they would be attacking from the off. Absorbing a lot of pressure and getting a goal from the only Spaniard in my squad, Rodrigo! Running with the ball from the halfway line and netting past the helpless Valdes. The rest of the match went pretty quickly, the shorter time that was left, the more nervous that I got. But much props to the team as they held their nerve and seen out a clean sheet against the Spanish Giants. We're through to the final! (Unfortunately for Leighton Baines, he picked up a yellow card and will miss the final.

Next up QPR away from home, so close after the Barcelona match there were a lot of changes needed so that everybody was fresh. Fortunately, Rodrigo's stamina is almost Super Human so he could still turn out for us and score for the third match in a row (against Utd, Barcelona and now QPR) and I hope that he can continue his form as we have Arsenal on the last day of the season followed by Man Utd in the Champions League final. -Coulibaly popped up with the other goal in the game this season and has impressed me with some of his appearances.

Despite my faultless record since beating Newcastle last month, they are now above me with a game to go due to winning their two games in hand (one against Man City away). I need to beat Arsenal and hope they fail to beat a struggling Fulham side.

The Arsenal game was an annoying one. We completely ran them ragged but just couldn't get that breakthrough we needed, a win would have been a great way to finish the season but we had to settle for a 0-0 draw in a match we dominated. Finishing third in the league, Newcastle won anyway so the win wouldn't have made a difference to where we finished. Unfortunately though Kyle Walker suffered a fractured wrist after falling awkwardly and will miss the Champions League final. I am now without Baines and Walker for the final.

In training just 5 days before the Champions League final, Michael Dawson got injured in training with a dislocated shoulder and will miss the big match. Younes Kaboul is due to be back from injury on the day of the final which makes it touch and go whether he can make the first team for the final. This now leaves us with no defensive substitutes and only three defenders of note who I am happy to put in my starting XI (Vertonghen and Caulker). -Also found out that Wayne Rooney will be missing the final due to injury, and considering he has scored nearly 30 goals this season, it makes me quite happy.

leaguetable.png

The day of the Champions League match was here. Kaboul unfortunately isn't fit enough for the match, so Bale will be starting left back, with Vertonghen and Caulker in the centre, and Naughton at the right.. a pretty weak looking defence by normal standards but it'll have to do. The match itself was a dull boring affair and both sides struggled to get shots on target, and eventually the full 90 minutes had gone by finishing 0-0. However, in extra time Man Utd stepped up their game and were having shot after shot and we eventually succumbed in the 115th minute to van Persie, followed by 120th goal after I threw the team in all out attack mode with Nani's pace proving too much to handle in the dying seconds.

endofseasonstats.png

Overview
After winning the Premiership last season that was a pretty disappointing performance in the league, and losing to United in the Champions League final was a shame but beating Bayern and Barcelona en route was a highlight. -No doubt I am the scorge of all Reading fans after losing in the final and meaning that despite finishing 4th, they only make the Europa League.

Now looking forward to next season, I don't believe I need a big name signing this summer and think that some of the youth players could soon be ready for the occasional appearance.

hi mate, havent commented in few days, i have still been playing though!

i won the league eventually in my second season, couldnt quite believe it what an achievement. on deadline day in jan i got welbeck for 11million what a bargain and as he couldnt play champs league he really helped in the prem! i was knocked out by eventual winners bayern munich in the quarter final, and only on away goals. they beat madrid on pens in the final!

i was beginning to get frustrated with transfer dealings at the beginning of the pre season. levy can be really annoying. i then made myself in charge of the tranfers and after we moved to a new stadium he increased my budget.

i have missed out on lars bender who i really really wanted. i also missed out on koke and milan badelj. however, i decided i would attempt to sign gundogan and to my absolute astonishment he said yes, for a tidy £19 million!! then a day later i got howedes from Shalke for just 12million, he turned down Madrid and PSG, saying he preferred his squad status with us! two massive massive signings and with a budget of 43 million i've still got money to get a couple in, probably yougsters. I have an awesome LB,LM,LW coming through, only 16 but good enough for prem already. Similar player to Bale.

Onwards and upwards for us, Im gunna try and get to semis at least in Europe and also retain the league title, something i see you couldnt manage. Unlucky mate, i agree it is going to be tough but fingers crossed hey!

And what a thread for Spurs fans this is! The game isnt even out yet haha. COME ON YOU SPURS!!

Pre-Season Q&A
You sit here about to go into your fourth Season in charge of Spurs, are you happy with how your Career has progressed since taking your first steps in managment four years ago?
"In a word, 'brilliant'. When Daniel first announced that I would be the new Manager of Tottenham, I'll be honest, I was overwhelmed by the reaction of the fans and media alike. There wasn't a good word to be said about me, and that instilled the drive that I have today to prove the doubters wrong. Whilst I had no experience of professional football, I did have all of my coaching licences and thankfully Daniel seen in me what I knew was there, and that was a successful Manager and tactician."

View attachment 280500

You certainly have proven that you belong as a Manager in the Premiership, do you think you have a chance of finishing the Season as Champions?
"Of course, I have one of the best squads in England, probably Europe. I have complete faith in my whole squad to be up there competing at the end of the season."

One thing that has been made of in recent stories is that quite a lot of the first team squad you have, are the players you inherited when you took charge. Did you know when you started of the potential of your new team?
"I did. I use to be a Season Ticket holder and White Hart Lane and I am still a huge fan! Walking into a team with the likes of Lloris, Vertonghen, Kaboul, Sandro, Bale.. the list goes on and on, it was a gold mine of talent. And with the addition of the likes of Costa, Rodrigo, Jovetic and co, has just made this club one of the best in the Europe."

View attachment 280501

Speaking of Younes Kaboul, he picked up the fans player of the season award. If you had the choice, would you have chose him too?
"That would be a hard choice. There were other players who merited the award as much as Kaboul, that's why we let the fans vote."

View attachment 280502

You signed Seydou Doumbia on a free transfer this Summer, do you think he can make an immediate impact? And will he get a lot of first team football considering you have Jovetic and Rodrigo in the sam position?
"Seydou can be a brilliant signing for us, if he adapts to the English game straight away, and adding him to the Striking ranks is a nice dilemma to have."

View attachment 280503

Lastly, you have a lot of youth players currently getting selected for their respective nations at youth levels. Are we likely to see them grace the first team shirt this season?
"Who knows? There are definitely a couple of the young guys who I think are ready for some Premiership action. Each opponent provides a different obstacle and I choose a line up to combat them, maybe one of the youngsters will be the type of player I need to aide us a win."

Thank you for your time.

Nice one mate i like that interview you posted. You can also try other things like conversation between you and the board or with the players in the training after a good/bad performance or interaction with fan representatives after a match.

Summer Transfers
summertransfers.png

First Team Squad
firstteamsquad.png

Pre-Season

*I will only be showing the Tottenham scorers.

Tottenham Hotspur vs. CS Sedan Ardennes
goal.png
3' Gareth Bale
goal.png
13' Younes Kaboul
goal.png
9' Michael Dawson
man-of-the-match.png
Leighton Baines (Tottenham Hotspur)
win.png
FT 3 - 0

Tottenham Hotspur vs. Vitesse Arnhem
goal.png
11' Rodrigo
goal.png
19' Stevan Jovetic
goal.png
28' Gareth Bale
man-of-the-match.png
Gareth Bale (Tottenham Hotspur)
win.png
FT 3 - 1

Tottenham Hotspur vs. Real Madrid
man-of-the-match.png
Antonio Adán (Real Madrid)
draw.png
FT 0 - 0

Leyton Orient vs. Tottenham Hotspur
goal.png
33' Casemiro
goal.png
37' Stevan Jovetic
goal.png
59' Rodrigo
goal.png
66' Stevan Jovetic
man-of-the-match.png
Stevan Jovetic (Tottenham Hotspur)
win.png
FT 1 - 4

VfB Stuttgart vs. Tottenham Hotspur
goal.png
27' Stevan Jovetic
man-of-the-match.png
Ibrahima Traoré (VfB Stuttgart)
defeat.png
FT 2 - 1

Overview
Looking forward to the season now. Jovetic is firing on all cylinders and I hope it continues into the start of the Season. We want that Premier League Trophy back!

August 2015
*I will only be showing the Tottenham scorers.

Liverpool vs. Tottenham Hotspur (Premiership)
goal.png
28' Bernard
goal.png
68' Mousa Dembélé
man-of-the-match.png
Jan Vertonghen (Tottenham Hotspur)
win.png
FT 0 - 2
Comments: A quality way to start the Season, and away at Anfield too. We dominated from the get go and after Bernard's goal we didn't look back. Vertonghen was a rock in defence.

Tottenham Hotspur vs. Manchester United (Premiership)
goal.png
10' Douglas Costa
goal.png
29' Seydou Doumbia
goal.png
77' Seydou Doumbia
goal.png
89' Seydou Doumbia
man-of-the-match.png
Seydou Doumbia (Tottenham Hotspur)
win.png
FT 4 - 2
Comments: Seydou Doumbia's competitive debut and what a debut! A hattrick against Manchester United and helped us to a well earnt win. Doumbia managed to complete the perfect hattrick, scoring with both feet and his head.

Tottenham Hotspur vs. West Ham United (Premiership)
goal.png
48' Younes Kaboul
goal.png
72' Gareth Bale
goal.png
82' Stevan Jovetic (pen)
man-of-the-match.png
Younes Kaboul (Tottenham Hotspur)
win.png
FT 3 - 0
Comments: Another great performance where I have ran out of superlatives for my team. The defence and keeper were rock solid, and the creativity was immense leading to numerous opportunities to score.

Overview
An absolutely brilliant start to the month, played three won three.. a 100% record and picking up the Manager of the Month Award. We have started the way we mean to go on, let's hope it continues.

League Table

Last edited: