Another great start to the year! Even worse, the Australian squad for the Olympic games is about to be named. Think I would have been there! These injuries are ruining my career! :'(

Dammmmm! Back problems are the worst too. Hope it doesn't end up being chronic.

View attachment 278429

At the risk of further slowing my simming down I have decided to add in some more leagues, including some Asian ones.

With a bit of luck this will further increase my chances of a move abroad. Fingers crossed.

Hopefully you can finally seal that move!

Lets hope so mate.

Altough, i was thinking that it would be an achievement in itself to spend virtually my entire career at the Wanderers, surely i would become a club legend?

Lets hope so mate.

Altough, i was thinking that it would be an achievement in itself to spend virtually my entire career at the Wanderers, surely i would become a club legend?

Quite possibly hahaha but is that what you want? You should edit him and make him dislike Wanderers and all the other A-league clubs so that he won't want to stay there any more

Quite possibly hahaha but is that what you want? You should edit him and make him dislike Wanderers and all the other A-league clubs so that he won't want to stay there any more

Dont have the in game editor, the idea of it makes me feel dirty. Too much temptation. ;)

Will just keep plugging away. Whatever happens, happens i suppose.

Dont have the in game editor, the idea of it makes me feel dirty. Too much temptation. ;)

Hahaha fair enough :p Shame you can't influence his decision for his own good :p

I have it but purely for chairman games, it helped editing my Thierry Henry manager just so he had same international caps and goals etc but after that I disable it through preferences just so I know the temptation ain't there :p

Do understand though, usually if I forget to switch it off I normally start a save all over again depending where I am if I didn't disable it

****** Injuries eh!! Olympic games could of been the catalyst to progress to europe!

x2s2z0e3yb818d_78688.jpg

Season 7

A Promising Development?

The most pleasing thing about my 6th season at the Wanderers was the number of appearances I managed to make.

g3zKcIm.jpg

lotndyg.jpg

29 appearances in all competitions for an average rating of just above 7. All in all very pleasing considering the back injury that kept me out of the Olympic games.

As far as injuries go It was a personal best year in fact.

Sw3s5TP.jpg

A meagre 18 days on the list! Amazing! & given Australia's performance at the Olympics it was perhaps a blessing that I missed out.

SBwd653.jpg

Another poor display on the international front as the boys fail to record a single point & are bundled out in the group stages. Ouch!

Unfortunately the Wanderers year was a bit of a disappointment too.

vA8EY5V.jpg

For the first time in a couple of years we finish outside of the playoff spots. By a pretty hefty 9 points as well. I thought my iron man like performance this year would be bound to propel us to greatness, or perhaps I have over estimated my abilities?

Whatever the case may be, in January I signed a new 1 year deal & decided it was time to really focus myself on helping the Wanderers to a tilt at the title.

So what if I never get to make that dream move abroad? I can still have a long & successful career at the Wanderers! There's awards to win, silverware to collect.

Yes!

Australia is the greatest country on earth!

Why the **** would I want to go anywhere else anyway!

"Australians all let us rejoice......"

PJr3u4q.jpg

Wait! What? Holland? Hmmm interesting! Decisions, Decisions.

Last edited:

View attachment 276604

View attachment 276603

So, here I am again. No longer the wide eyed teen with the world at his feet but a young man, alone in a strange country.

I no longer dream of being the next Ronaldo or Messi, not even the next Harry Kewell. My only goal now is to be the best that I can be.

For many making the move halfway around the world to play for a club few have ever heard of may seem like a strange decision, but for me it is my foot in the door. The chance to show this continent what I can do. A stepping stone to bigger things!

At least that's the plan.

So what do I know about my new employers? Well, not too much actually. Dutch football is not exactly my strong point. I know Holland is a popular destination for young Aussies trying to make it in Europe. I know its a breeding ground for some of the best young talent Europe has to offer & I know Ajax are the team to beat.

As for FC Oss my entire knowledge of them is limited to my googling of the Jupiler table from last season.

View attachment 276599

As well as the lovely brochure I received upon my arrival.

View attachment 276600

Am I scared? Yes! But excited as well! It may not be the "dream" move I had envisioned in my youth but its a chance & that's all I have ever wanted!

Last edited:
Absolutely spot on story, following keenly mate.

Really unlucky with injuries though haha, hopefully you'll get an injury free run through the prime of your career now.

I still reckon you are going to play a big part in the national side soon enough, I predict you will have 50+ caps by the time you retire.