Call of Duty: Black Ops

• Thread starter Thread starter gormo095
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 1K
  • Views Views 78K
Conor, JD, Danny, Brian, Alf, Robson, Nile, and anyone I have missed from our usual crowd... Headquarters and/or Demolition session tonight? Doesn't have to be late.

Conor, JD, Danny, Brian, Alf, Robson, Nile, and anyone I have missed from our usual crowd... Headquarters and/or Demolition session tonight? Doesn't have to be late.

i am ready from 8.30 - 11.25
and now until 6.30

Do demolition aswell

I'll be on if I can join?

Last edited:

I'm up for that.

Whenever, just query me on IRC.

Conor, Danny and myself are playing now. Danny has had to go offline for a bit to sort his PS3 out though, so plenty of spaces free.

Oh thanks for the invite Billy.... ********... I'm coming to play anyway ;)

[If that's okay with you guys]

Last edited:
I will try get on again before 21:00.. But PS3 turned itself off, and won't turn back on..

I'll just leave it for a bit and let it cool down.

Oh thanks for the invite Billy.... ********... I'm coming to play anyway ;)

[If that's okay with you guys]

well judging by the YLOD that struck danny you can join us

well judging by the YLOD that struck danny you can join us

I have a 39mb update that should take about 10 seconds but for some reason will take 15 minutes... That teaches me for watching Hustle on iPlayer earlier :(

Sorry we dropped off so quickly Andy. I had actually been playing Black Ops for a number of hours by that point, and once Conor left... I don't like playing with less than 4 people really.

New map pack will be available at midnight i assume?

Balls, thats my plans down the toilet.

---------- Post added at 07:13 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:01 AM ----------

First Strike map pack 34% downloaded. :)

---------- Post added at 08:07 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:13 PM ----------

OK first impression of the new map pack.

Berlin Wall: Welcome to camp-town, a snipers paradise. Some really long sight lines, and lots of balconies and windows overlooking them. The central no-mans land area and the fearsome turrets are almost pointless, everyone would go round the edges even without the turrets as the central area is so open with many vantage points. Plenty of abandoned vehicles to blow up makes for easy situational awareness medals, that is if you can escape a snipers scope for more than few seconds. I've already clocked where some of the popular snipe points are, a well timed grenade should sort all but the most experienced scope warrior.

Kowloon: This map has a lot of twisty, turny close quarters sections, but the areas used for objectives like bomb plants and flag captures are overlooked by hard to get to snipe points, making bomb planting impossible unless you know a team mate has just cleaned out the sniper. the zip line looks like it could be useful in objective based games, particularly capture the flag.

Stadium is a lot bigger than i had expected, but it is riddled with corners, side rooms, angles, multiple entrances to any open space, combined with few areas of genuine cover and this map makes for frenzied close quarters action. It's mostly outdoors/small side building action, very little of the map is in the actual stadium itself. Planting/defusing a bomb should be easier than i had thought due to the larger than expected size of the map, but avoiding the bloodbath and getting to the bomb site could be very difficult indeed.

Discovery is the one map that hasn't come up on my playlist yet. Which is a shame as i am looking forward to it the most. From the gameplay videos i've seen, tactical control/destruction of the central bridges appears to be the way to control objective based games.

Last edited:
Arggh, keep getting shot on Berlin Wall in no mans land. Hate them auto gunner things. Bit stupid of me to think I can make it though.

Back