Capello names Squad for Switzerland qualifier

Joss do you think walcott plays better with an AMC alongside him

Poor Djourou. He's really doing the best he can for Wilshere and co.

Djourou(Sp) is ****. Whole game he has been a liability..

Joss do you think walcott plays better with an AMC alongside him

Interesting thought.. I'm not sure it matters that much tbh. He's good at running onto direct balls from deep too. I think it depends on who it is playing at CM/AMC - the way Arsenal play means that the AMC is essential because it's all tippy-tappy etc.

I think the reason he's done so well this year (by comparison at least) is just because he's matured and had a summer to work on his game rather than anything too tactical.

What are you talking about? He's having a great game for England, we've bribed him because, you know, that sort of thing goes down in Switzerland.

He's having a 'mare. Was good at the start of the year but has been poor since he got injured at OT in the FA Cup. He loses concentration too much.. slips or misses a header. Excellent on the ground usually.

Well it's safe to say the Swiss team can leave with their heads held high. Exploited our weaknesses pretty dam well imo-such as lack of focus from some our players. If we do go on to win, it'll be harsh on the Swiss. After our 1st half performance we deserve nothing more than a draw. Proper Jeckyll and Hyde performance. As usual.

Interesting thought.. I'm not sure it matters that much tbh. He's good at running onto direct balls from deep too. I think it depends on who it is playing at CM/AMC - the way Arsenal play means that the AMC is essential because it's all tippy-tappy etc.

I think the reason he's done so well this year (by comparison at least) is just because he's matured and had a summer to work on his game rather than anything too tactical.

i may be thinking selectively but some of his best game seem t have come when playing one - twos off the amc

He's having a 'mare. Was good at the start of the year but has been poor since he got injured at OT in the FA Cup. He loses concentration too much.. slips or misses a header. Excellent on the ground usually.

Yeah I was talking about this game. He is better than this, good for England though..

An Arsenal player missing headers? Never. ;)

---------- Post added at 06:33 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:31 PM ----------

Wilshere really deserved MOTM imo.

i may be thinking selectively but some of his best game seem t have come when playing one - twos off the amc

Yeah was going to say actually. In terms of not having a football brain as Hansen so infamously claims it's probably quite good for him to pick it up on the wing and play it inside so he doesn't just run into a cul-de-sac.

He did it twice vs Chelsea - scored one, assisted the other for Cesc.

Yeah I was talking about this game. He is better than this, good for England though..

Ha. Yeah..

"Djourou mistakes even hurt me when playing for some random country." (@SianyMacalarny)

An Arsenal player missing headers? Never. ;)

---------- Post added at 06:33 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:31 PM ----------

Would be a great partnership with Rodwell in future. Going to be great to watch

Thank god someone said this before me...

This, though. A good finish and a couple of decent runs by Young but Wilshere won the pen and has been one of the only players who has shown his determination and nearly got another assist for Bent (had he not been ****)

---------- Post added at 06:37 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:36 PM ----------

Would be a great partnership with Rodwell in future. Going to be great to watch

Hate to ruin the party but don't we say this every 5 years?

Downing you *****!!!!! Very, very disappointing result. But could've been worse. Should never have been 2-0 down.

---------- Post added at 06:38 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:37 PM ----------

This, though. A good finish and a couple of decent runs by Young but Wilshere won the pen and has been one of the only players who has shown his determination and nearly got another assist for Bent (had he not been ****)

---------- Post added at 06:37 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:36 PM ----------

True. But the younger players are giving me more optomism than usual through all the leagues. Looking very bright, especially when we have a new manager aswell.

Jack Wilshere won more duels than any other player in the England v Switzerland match and completed 85% of his passes.

But one year we must be right!

The fact that i was more excited about the Legend of Zelda advert that just came on tells you what i thought of this performance

Urgh

Back