Chairman Game - The Championship

• Thread starter Thread starter FM_TNSSO
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 698
  • Views Views 44K
I’m surprised by this and a number of others getting off to a slow start. Especially can’t believe Sunderland are in the bottom three.

Great start in the premiere league by the chairman clubs, especially Blackburn, favourites to be relegated and in the European places.

Bottom 3!! What the **** is going on! Didn’t think my team was that bad. The stats of my manager are mental so this surprises me. Won the last two so hopefully this is a sign.

A couple of you are gonna be well happy with your budgets in the January window.....Tycoons bought the club on the game and put a stupid amount of money into the clubs.....we will have to sell this in our game as an 'outside investor'

Aaaah lost both Arp and Raya but doing well! Don't know exactly what to think about this one.

January 2023

JANUARY 2023 UPDATE

MANAGER MOVEMENTS

Middlesbrough - Manuel Pellegrini sacked - Not yet replaced
West Brom - Viktor Goncharenko sacked - Replaced with Mark Hughes
Aston Villa - John Terry sacked - Replaced with Steven Gerrard
Blackburn - Mark Hughes - Left club to join West Brom
Preston - Javi Gracia - Left club to join Crystal Palace - Replaced with Jorge Jesus
Sunderland - Luis Vicente Mateo sacked - Replaced with Frank Lampard
QPR - Joey Barton sacked - Replaced with Emma Hayes
Sheffield Wednesday - Steve McClaren sacked - Replaced with Hein Vanhaezebrouck

Chairmen with sacked manager, please let me know what you'd like me to do...

1) I can either reinstate your manager again for free (even if this manager has gone to another club, you will have 1st choice to keep him, even if he has gone to another chairman club)
2) You can replace them with someone else (you'll only have to pay compensation to your new manager's club if they have one, unless it's a chairman club in which case you can have them back for free).
3) Keep the manager who has taken over your club on the game for which there will be no fee as the game will have already worked out and taken any compensation from your balance (unless it's another chairman's manager and they want them back, in which case you'll have to revert to option 1 or 2 above).

If your manager was not sacked and left the club (Derby in this instance), then you cannot re-appoint him for free! You can either stick with the manager who has taken over, or you can appoint a new one of your own but if they have a club then you'll have to pay compensation!

ENGLISH PREMIER DIVISION

Stoke have resumed normal service and are in the Europa League qualification spots at the halfway stage. Blackburn have dropped right off the pace and find themselves now in the bottom half of the table with West Brom, but it's Middlesbrough and Aston Villa that look to be set for a relegation battle through the 2nd half of the campaign.

View attachment 17715

SKY BET CHAMPIONSHIP

Swansea, Nottingham Forest, Norwich, Preston and Birmingham are all in contention to make at least the playoff spots, and Brentford are not out of it just yet! Barnsley, Millwall, Sheffield Wednesday and Sunderland are all in danger of relegation at this stage of the season!

View attachment 17714

SKY BET LEAGUE ONE

Wigan have improved to 4th, but still find themselves 7 points off the automatic promotion spots! Will they have to settle for the playoffs again this year?

View attachment 17713

CARABAO CUP

Another season where no chairman side will win the Carabao Cup with none of us making the semi finals this season. Only Swansea made it as far as the quarters where they fell to West Ham.

View attachment 17712

FA CUP

The 3rd round games were played on New Years Eve so we can already see who's through to the next stage, although the draw has not yet taken place. Wigan, West Brom, Barnsley are already out of the competition though. Here's the 3rd round results.

View attachment 17711

CHECKATRADE TROPHY

Holders, Wigan, are through to the 3rd round of the Northern section where they play stonecold's Stoke youngsters.

View attachment 17710

EUROPA LEAGUE

Apologies to stonecold as I forgot to give him a Europa League update at the end of September. Stoke ****** their group winning 5 of their 6 games against Laxio, Wolfsburg and Trabzonspor.

View attachment 17708

They will now face Roma in the first knockout round!

View attachment 17709

THE TRANSFER WINDOW IS OPEN UNTIL SUNDAY AT 12:00 MIDDAY

Blackburn and QPR have realised all of our dreams and been taken over on the game by 'tycoons' and have massive boosts to their bank balances!

Here's your budgets guys...

Aston Villa - Yeti01 - £32.9 million
Barnsley - Beadsy12 - £6.5 million
Birmingham - bcfc1 - £17.3 million
Blackburn - WeArePalace - £152 million
Brentford - TheNotSoSpecialOne - (-£2.3 million)
Leeds - IndiBlue - £32.2 million
Middlesbrough - RVP20 - £25.8 million
Millwall - madmat23 - £2.7 million
Norwich - LiamCFC88 - (-£1.7 million)
Nottingham Forest - NathWalker - (-£1.4 million)
Preston - Benncfc24 - £1.1 million
QPR - dporter8999 - £45 million
Sheffield Wednesday - Anderson883 - £0
Stoke - stonecold - £13 million
Swansea - mathhow - £6.4 million
Sunderland - andy_14clark - £5.8 million
West Brom - savan21 - £108 million
Wigan - Dquizzy - £4 million

Download File; Chairman Save - 1st January 2023

Brentford Transfer List

Hi guys, with the club in debt, I am willing to sell some very high profile players if any of you clubs with loads of money want to snap them up....

Frenkie De Jong - £22 million
Antonio Rudiger - £30 million
Tammy Abraham - £30 million (guaranteed to score a bundle in the Championship and already has 12 for me this season, hence price tag)
Benik Afobe - £7 million
Julian Jeanvier - £2.5 million

Also, I have signed a player in the Summer called Nelson Vieira who is labelled in the game as the next Cristiano Ronaldo!!! He is 17 years old and already scored 3 goals in 5 games for me this season. Only currently valued at £725k and it would take a massive bid for me to let him go but seeing as he has the potential to become the best player on the game, feel free to make me an offer!

I also have 2x U18, 2x DOM and 1x FGN slots available to buy so make me an offer!

Finally, if anyone has any decent players they want to get out on loan then let me know as I'm definitely looking to improve my squad but have no funds (unless the above get sold)! I am in need of a GK, LB, RB, AMR, AML and ST!

Swansea City Transfer List

I'm looking to sell the following players with guide prices listed, although I will listen to offers.
Steven Benda (GK) - £150k
Ryan Allsop (GK) - £150k
Daniel James (AML/AMR) - £2m
David Concha (AML/AMR) - £300k
George Saville (MC) - £1.1m
Kyle Dempsey (MC) - £2.5m
Borja Baston - (ST) - 1.5m

I will also consider loaning out the youngsters listed below, I've also noted their weekly salaries which as you can see are relatively small so they won't hit the weekly wage budget much either.
- Ross Webber (AML) - £110
- Noah Lobinger (AMC) - £3.5k
- Mike Searle (ST) - £1.1k

Birmingham City Transfer List

CB Dejan Lovren - £5mil
CB Harlee Dean - £1mil
CB Unai Garcia - £1mil

DM Carel Eiting - £9mil
DM Marcos Llorente - £10mil
CM Edson Balde - £30mil - Wanted by Man City and Leipzig in game so hoping to get a good deal for him before they come in and low ball me.

RM Robert - £1mil

ST Alexander Sorloth - £1mil
ST Luis Suarez - £2mil

All prices are negotiable if you come in with the right deal. I am looking for a good GK, LB and LM so if you have any of those available then get in touch and we can see if we can come up with a deal.

Brentford Price Drop Alert

Hi guys, with the club in debt, I am willing to sell some very high profile players if any of you clubs with loads of money want to snap them up....

Frenkie De Jong - £22 million - Now willing to sell for £18 million
Antonio Rudiger - £30 million - Now willing to sell for £24 million
Benik Afobe - £7 million - Now wiling to sell for £4.5 million
Julian Jeanvier - £2.5 million - Now willing to sell for £1 million - SOLD

Last edited:

Stoke Transfer List

To Sell
DR K Trippier £12m
DC J Boateng £4m
MC N Matic £4m

Will listen to offers for Alba & Suarez but will need a superb offer to sell

For Loan
AM Danny Gunn
AT E Jimenez

TUCHEL THE MAN TO LEAD THEM TO GLORY?

View attachment 16803WBA chairman Savan Shah has announced that Mark Hughes who had been signed in a caretaker role has been relieved of his duties as West Brom have finally come to an understanding with ex-PSG manager Thomas Tuchel to lead them. Tuchel who has managed both PSG and Borussia Dortmund comes with the reputation of advocating attacking football while also possessing the ability to manage big names and egos which WBA possesses.

Chairman Savan Shah and the fans have been disappointed by the results so far this season with the team and tactics so far failing to bring the best out of Cristiano Ronaldo and Edinson Cavani. Supporters were also left bemused when Friedl, last seasons best player was let go on loan. The club and the team needs a vision and it is upto the Chairman and the manager to come up with one so as to lead the club to further glory and take the next step.

Savan is keen to follow in the footsteps of Stoke who have made an impressive return to the Premier League and has privately admitted that various mistakes made by him have turned WBA into a middling club rather than one sitting in European positions. The Club has given full authority to Thomas Tuchel regarding the outgoings for January and it is understood that only in summer will the Chairman and the Manager discuss a vision regarding the incomings and outgoings at the club.​

Sorry for the lack of updates. I’ve had stuff on and this has just kept getting pushed back. Will he back strong next season

January Transfer Window Update

Hi guys, before anything I am afraid I have to have a bit of a moan! I'm not going to name players but some have started to get very lazy with sending me their transfers and over the past few windows I've had loads of transfers sent to me in the wrong formats. Silly things such as the players current club not mentioned, the salary not worked out and the type of transfer that it is (DOM, FGN etc...). I don't want to have to complain but if the transfers don't come in the correct format, it all adds on to my time to update the game between sims, so please can we all keep on top of it from now on. By the way, most of you are good! As a gentle reminder, all transfers should be in the following format....

Type - Player - Current Club - New Club - New Salary - Transfer Fee
DOM - Sergio Aguero - Man City - Brentford - £100k - £26 million

Any transfers that don't come in the correct format from now on will be rejected I'm afraid!

My final point guys....with the EXP deals in January, please just send me the 3 you'd like to make. I don't have time to be making notes of 10 backup players and I can't keep your messages in my inbox as I have to delete them to make way for new ones. Message me with your 3x EXP deals and I will message you back if you miss out on them so you can go for someone else. This way I can keep on top of it properly.

Aston Villa - Yeti01

Manager In - Antonio Conte - Borussia Dortmund - £2.1 million compensation
EXP - Mason Mount - Chelsea - £55k p/w

Barnsley - Beadsy12

No Transfer Business.
Inactivity warning issued. Been a severe lack of anything from player since joining the game!

Birmingham - bcfc1

No Transfer Business.

Blackburn - WeArePalace

Manager In - Javi Gracia - Crystal Palace - £
EXP - Gianluigi Donarumma - AC Milan - £100k p/w
DOM - Alfie Battersby - Man Utd - £26.5 million
DOM - Odsonne Edouard - Man City - £86 million
DOM - Ryan Pardo-Roques - Watford - £800k
FGN - Pepe Vilches - Atletico Madrid - £12.5 million
FGN - Mesut Ozden - Schalke - £7.8 million

Brentford - TheNotSoSpecialOne

Sold 2xU18 and 1xFGN transfer spot to Stoke for £4 million
EXP - Harry Wilson - Liverpool - £12k p/w
EXP - Son Heung-Min - Spurs - £10k p/w
EXP - Danny Rose - Spurs - £7.5k p/w
FGN LOAN - Jasper Cillessen - Barcelona
C2C LOAN - Alex Mula - Stoke
Stadium Upgrade - Capacity + 2000 seats - £2 million
Contract Renewals - Sam Byram

Players Sold;

C2C - Julian Jeanvier sold to Middlesbrough for £1 million

Leeds - IndiBlue

DOM LOAN - Andre Onana - Chelsea

Players Sold;

C2C LOAN - Jordon Ibe to Sunderland

Middlesbrough - RVP20

EXP - Stefan Savic - Atletico Madrid - £10k p/w
EXP - Andrej Kramaric - Leverkusen - £10k p/w
EXP - Arkadiusz Milik - Napoli - £10k p/w
U18 - Deuve Jefferson - Arsenal - £1.1 million
U18 - Hicham Heering - Feyenoord - £400k
C2C - Julian Jeanvier - Brentford - £1 million
C2C - Unai Garcia - Birmingham - £1 million
C2C - Nemanja Matic - Stoke - FREE/Swapped for U18 Transfer Spot
C2C LOAN - Eneko Jimenez - Stoke
C2C LOAN - Danny Gunn - Stoke
FGN LOAN - Mariano - Real Madrid

Millwall - madmat23

No Transfer Business.

Norwich - LiamCFC88

No Transfer Business.

Nottingham Forest - NathWalker

No Transfer Business.

Preston - Benncfc24

Contract Renewals - Callum Robinson, Chris Maxwell, Philip Billing, Andrea Hughes

QPR - dporter8999

Manager In - Patrick Vieira - No compensation required
EXP - Robert Lewandowski - Juventus - £200k p/w
EXP - Ben Woodburn - Liverpool - £75k p/w
DOM - Abel Ruiz - Crystal Palace - £13.2 million
DOM - YAnnick Mayanith - Huddersfield - £1.95 million
U18 - Sammy Halliwell - Spurs - £1.8 million
FGN - Pacato - SPO - £5 million

Sheffield Wednesday - Anderson883

No Transfer Business.

Stoke - stonecold

Bought 2xU18 and 1xFGN transfers from Brentford for £4 million
EXP - Trent Alexander-Arnold - Liverpool - £225k p/w
EXP - Antoine Griezmann - Atletico Madrid - £245k p/w
EXP - Kingsley Coman - FC Bayern - £125k p/w
U18 - Andre Santiago - Leverkusen - £490k
U18 - Inigo Alonso - Real Sociedad - £450k
U18 - Felipe - GRE - £120k
FGN - Joel Bourgeois - Benfica - £3.4 million
FGN LOAN - M Solomon - AC Milan

Players Sold;

C2C LOAN - Alex Mula to Brentford
C2C LOAN - Danny Gunn to Middlesbrough
C2C LOAN - Eneko Jimenez to Middlesbrough
C2C - Nemanja Matic to Middlesbrough in exchange for U18 transfer

Swansea - mathhow

No Transfer Business.

Sunderland - andy_14clark

Manager In - Raul Valbuena - No compensation required
EXP - Marcelo Brozovic - £7.5k p/w
EXP - Wilf Zaha - Chelsea - £10k p/w
FGN LOAN - Cesar Gelabert - Real Madrid
C2C LOAN - Jordon Ibe - Leeds
Contract Renewals - Briel Wade

West Brom - savan21

Manager In - Thomas Tuchel - No compensation required
EXP - Sergio Busquets - Barcelona - £80k p/w
U18 - Vaclav Havranek - Sparta Prague - £162k
U18 - Lucas Henrique - CEC - £220k
U18 - Matthaios Psarras - Hoffenheim - £1.1 million
Youth Recruitment - Minor Upgrade - £2.5 million
Junior Coaching - Minor Upgrade - £2.5 million
Youth Facilities - Minor Upgrade - £2.5 million
Training Facilities - Minor Upgrade - £3 million

Wigan - Dquizzy

No Transfer Business.

January February March Update

JANUARY/FEBRUARY/MARCH UPDATE

JANUARY TRANSFER WINDOW

Here's all the transfers over £2 million done by our managers in the January window...

Aston Villa signed Josh Sykes from Bolton for £2.7 million
Aston Villa signed Mady Camara from Olympiakos for £7 million
Aston Villa sold John McGinn to Olymiakos for £4.3 million
Aston Villa sold Federico Ricca to PAOK for £6.75 million
Aston Villa sold Dimitri Overlin to Shakhtar for £7.25 million
Blackburn sold Christopher Nkunku to Olympiakos for £3.6 million
Birmingham signed Aaron Mooy from Southampton for £4.5 million
Birmingham signed Alfred Gomis from SPAL for £2.5 million
Birmingham sold Marcos Llorente to Crystal Palace for £10 million
Brentford sold Danilo Pantic to Leicester for £11.25 million
Middlesbrough sold Morgan Schneiderlin to FC Nantes for £2.6 million
Norwich signed Erik Palmer-Brown from Cardiff for £3.2 million
Norwich sold Rodolfo Nunez to Borrussia Monchengladbach for £32.5 million
Nottingham Forest sold Jonay Saavedra to Huddersfield for £12 million
Nottingham Forest sold Kenneth Taylor to RB Leipzig for £13.75 million
Stoke signed Matty James from FC Nantes for £4.7 million
Stoke sold Fabio Silva to Chelsea for £93 million
Stoke sold Nicolas Russo to Man City for £94 million
Swansea sold Troy Parrott to Man Utd for £29 million
Swansea signed Ignacio Jara from Universidad de Chile for £2.5 million
West Brom signed Aaron Wan-Bissaka from Crystal Palace for £15.25 million
West Brom signed Mihailo Ristic from Krasnodar for £10.25 million
West Brom sold Alex Meret to Man City for £21 million
West Brom sold Craig Dawson to Brighton for £4.8 million
West Brom sold Greg Taylor to Wolfsburg for £5.25 million

ENGLISH PREMIER DIVISION

With only 6 games remaining, Stoke have a shot at making the top 4 and qualifying for the Champions League, whilst Leeds and West Brom will probably have to settle for mid table positions. Middlesbrough need a miracle to survive relegation, whilst Aston Villa and Blackburn are not yet safe!

View attachment 16785

SKY BET CHAMPIONSHIP

Only Swansea have a realistic chance at making the automatic promotion spots, but we could still see an all chairman club playoffs this year with Norwich, Nottingham Forest, Preston, Birmingham and Brentford all still in with a shout of finishing in the top 6. We are very likely to see at least one chairman club relegated with Sheffield Wednesday, Barnsley and Millwall all in the battle to stay up!

View attachment 16784

SKY BET LEAGUE ONE

The best Wigan can probably hope for now is a playoff spot again, with the top 3 looking out of reach!

View attachment 16783

FA CUP

We could definitely see one of our chairman clubs lift the FA Cup this year with Stoke and Nottingham Forest both making the semi finals. And all the big boys are out!!

View attachment 16782

CHECKATRADE TROPHY

Wigan made it to the semi final of the Northern Section where they were dumped out by Accrington Stanley.

View attachment 16781

EUROPA LEAGUE

Stoke managed to get past Roma in the first knockout stage, but dropped out of the competition in the next round against Shakhtar!

View attachment 16780

I am now simming to the end of the season guys and that post should be up a little later!

AHHH Russo & Silva No!!!!!

If we win anything after selling our best two players for almost £200m i'll do a cartwheel! Wonder if that will finally give me more than £28m in transfer budget

AHHH Russo & Silva No!!!!!

If we win anything after selling our best two players for almost £200m i'll do a cartwheel! Wonder if that will finally give me more than £28m in transfer budget

Poch does love selling off your best players!! Lol

End of Season 2022/23 Update

END OF SEASON 2022/23 UPDATE

ENGLISH PREMIER DIVISION

Stoke have only gone and done it...congratulations to stonecold who in just 5 seasons has made it to the Champions League!! Leeds did well to finish 7th and just miss out on European qualification, whilst West Brom consolidate their position in the top half! Aston Villa must have had a blinding last few games as they finish 13th, whilst Blackburn and Middlesbrough are both relegated! Blackburn are quickly earning themselves a reputation as the yo-yo team and I'm sure nobody in the Championship is looking forward to having them back next season after they romped the title 2 years ago!

View attachment 16778

SKY BET CHAMPIONSHIP

Nobody made the automatic promotion places, but we have our first ever all chairman playoff affair, with Norwich, Swansea, Brentford and Preston contesting for the final promotion spot! Nottingham Forest again fell away as they did last season after fast starts and their chairman will be disappointed with the lack of consistency. Sheffield Wednesday and Millwall are both relegated to League One!

View attachment 16777

A narrow 1-0 home win was enough for Brentford to see off Swansea in the first semi final.

View attachment 16776

Whilst Norwich beat Preston by a much more comfortable margin in the other semi.

View attachment 16775

In an extremely tight playoff final, it's Brentford who come out on top in a penalty shootout at Wembley!

View attachment 16774

The Team of the Year has players from Brentford, Swansea, Preston and Norwich in amongst it!

View attachment 16773

It's Swansea's Scott Parker who took the Championship Manager of the Year award!

View attachment 16772

SKY BET LEAGUE ONE

A really poor season for Wigan in the end as they fail to even make the playoffs!!

View attachment 16771

FA CUP

Stoke beat Wolves to progress to the final, but Nottingham Forest were beaten at home by Southampton.

View attachment 16770

Two extra time goals for Stoke ensure stonecold is the first chairman to lift the FA Cup. Congratulations to him once again as this cup win rounds off an amazing season for The Potters.

View attachment 16769

MANAGER MOVEMENTS

Nottingham Forest - Ole Gunnar Solskjaer sacked - Replaced with Nuno Espirito Santo
Norwich - Paulo Wanchope left club to join Bournemouth - Replaced with Gary Cahill
Brentford - Luis Enrique left club to join Borussia Dortmund - Replaced with Dean Smith
Millwall - Thomas Frank sacked - Replaced with Darren Moore
Wigan - Joe Edwards sacked - Replaced with Michel Preud'homme

Chairmen with sacked manager, please let me know what you'd like me to do...

1) I can either reinstate your manager again for free (even if this manager has gone to another club, you will have 1st choice to keep him, even if he has gone to another chairman club)
2) You can replace them with someone else (you'll only have to pay compensation to your new manager's club if they have one, unless it's a chairman club in which case you can have them back for free).
3) Keep the manager who has taken over your club on the game for which there will be no fee as the game will have already worked out and taken any compensation from your balance (unless it's another chairman's manager and they want them back, in which case you'll have to revert to option 1 or 2 above).

If your manager was not sacked and left the club, then you cannot re-appoint him for free! You can either stick with the manager who has taken over, or you can appoint a new one of your own but if they have a club then you'll have to pay compensation!

If your manager retired, then you'll need to appoint a new one. If you take a manager from another club, you will have to pay compensation.

Game Save File Download; Chairman Save - 9th June 2023

This download will take you up to 9th June and the transfer window is officially open! This is the file you can use for looking at your squad's season stats for your end of season posts! However, I am going to set all your manager's transfer budgets to £0 so hopefully they don't spend any of your money and then sim the game to 1st July....then I will add your EXP deals from the January window and post up a new save file to download with your budgets for the transfer window! Hopefully by this time you will have received any prize or parachute money which should then be available for you to spend!

Hey mate! Looking to join again since the season just ended, which teams are available? :)

Back