Chairman Game - The Championship

• Thread starter Thread starter FM_TNSSO
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 698
  • Views Views 44K
Blackburn End of Season Update
View attachment 1200211View attachment 1200211
After a very decent start to the Premier League season, the team couldn't recover from the loss of star striker Fiete Arp. It went downhill from there and the Rovers ended up relegated. New manager Javi Gracia hasn't panned out as planned so far, but the board is willing to allow him more time to implement his tactics into the team. New arrival Gianluigi Donnarumma should help shore up the defensive line. The club is also delighted to announce its new signing in Christian Henkel, who broke the club's current transfer record, arriving for 88m. The team will look to get the goals out of Odsonne Edouard, who will need tpo have the desired impact of the club will need to search for a replacement.

Thats a massive deal to sign Henkel. I'm gutted my manager decided to sell him to Hamburg for just 15mil.

It has raised a question though. My manager sold Henkel in game and part of the deal was for the club to make 50% of any profit that Hamburg make. Because he is leaving Hamburg through the editor, will I still get the money from that clause? It will end up being worth around 35-40mil so it could be a massive amount of money for a Championship club, especially considering the fact that our entire balance is currently only 6mil.

Thats a massive deal to sign Henkel. I'm gutted my manager decided to sell him to Hamburg for just 15mil.

It has raised a question though. My manager sold Henkel in game and part of the deal was for the club to make 50% of any profit that Hamburg make. Because he is leaving Hamburg through the editor, will I still get the money from that clause? It will end up being worth around 35-40mil so it could be a massive amount of money for a Championship club, especially considering the fact that our entire balance is currently only 6mil.

If I am right, the club will get the money and that will show with your bigger balance come January

Stoke Transfer List

GK R Fahrmann £1m
DR G Montiel £35m
DL J Alba £4m
DC J Aidoo - £15m
MC A Ramsey £5m
MC Matty James £3m
MC H Maragh £1m
MC C Hadley £1m
MR G Cavalli £86m
AM Rafina £10m
AT D De Groot £25m
^
Price Cut Mon 1600

Loan out
MC A Biesa
MC K Kirk
MC Isreal
AM J Thacker
ML M Diallo
AT C Gomez
AT D De Groot
AT E Jimenez

Will do my review tomorrow night

New players added and prices dropped further

In further developments to make exciting and mind blowing changes to try and make us title contenders next season i am looking to raise a further £100m from player sales and with teams ritcher than ever im open for combination offers or anything really to raise my target

Only players off limits
DR T Arnold, DC L Stencel, MC Exequiel Palacios, MR K Coeman, ML Carrasco, ML A Martinez , AM J Laurent, AM Luke Gaul, AT A Griezman, AT L Suarez

Not available due to completed deas
Michael Gibson, Alex Mula, Jeroen Van Rijn, Nabil Touaizi Josh Tymon, Jerome Boateng, Kieren Trippier, Thomas Verlinden, Benjamin Ayuk, N Gettermann

Last edited:

I think that you would get the money from the clause as I believe deals still go through normally through the editor. If so, it would be some great money for your club. Hope that it goes well for you and you do get around 35m.

WEST BROM END OF SEASON UPDATE

It has been yet another middling and disappointing season for West Brom as we fail to push on and qualify for Europe despite some of the best names in the business playing for us. The hope that Thomas Tuchel will come in and inspire the team also failed to happen and while I am willing to give him a full pre-season to implement his ideas, the club seems to lack a direction going forward and that is hampering us. Our transfer policy has failed to work with change in managers meaning players haven't been utilised as they should have been and this is something that I along with the Board are going to address this season.

There will be no silly splurging as we look to consolidate further and establish a clear philosophy before moving forward. While the approach requires time and patience, that is what the club and supporters will have to provide if we are to establish ourselves as a top club in the long run.

That said, the season wasn't a complete disaster. Cristiano Ronaldo was brilliant and so was young Origi who seemed to be inspired playing with him. Castagna and Friedl can hopefully learn from Ronaldo and establish themselves to be top players at the club and in the world. The departure of Godin approved by Hughes was disappointing and I felt was a wrong move but Pique was there to feel the void while the upgrades to our facilities will only help us in the long run. We have established ourselves to be a Premier League club and our aim is to push on from here on. Consolidate and move ahead is the mantra!

TRANSFER LIST

I am willing to listen to transfer offers for any players with the exception of Castagna, Friedl and Cristiano Ronaldo.

LOAN LIST

Callum Hudson Odoi
Connor Ripley
Filipe Mellgoni (Prefer Selling him)
Colin Wilkie
Edinson Cavani​

For C2C Loans would it be possible to look at agreeing the wage percentage paid by each club?

I would love to look at loaning some of the players from the teams in the Premiere League, but the wages in a lot of instances are just to high.

For C2C Loans would it be possible to look at agreeing the wage percentage paid by each club?

I would love to look at loaning some of the players from the teams in the Premiere League, but the wages in a lot of instances are just to high.

Makes sense to me! Could help both sets of clubs!

View attachment 15919

***** ASTON VILLA PRESS RELEASE ******

Villa look to future now that Manager merry-go-round seems finished

Keeping a manager in a job has proven to be difficult at Villa as they attempt to juggle establishing success with a sustainable growth strategy. That said, it seems now that the music has stopped and the one left holding the parcel is Antonio Conte. Speaking to the assembled press today, owner, Divine Starlight Bliss, praised his new man and his efforts is securing premiership safety for Villa, “when the Don got here, we were languishing in 2nd​ last spot and, to be honest, we were preparing ourselves for another season back in the Championship. Not wanting to waiver on our commitment to developing our younger brigade we instead focused on improving our backroom staff and the Don was able to achieve a great result that, we hope, will serve as a springboard for us to propel up the table.”

View attachment 15918

Indeed, Villa now boast some of the finest facilities in the land, and with further investment scheduled into the stadium have built Villa Park up to rival some of the best in the Continent. ‘Our next upgrades to Villa Park will take our capacity to over 57,500 seats. We have training and youth facilities that are every bit as good as those as the likes of Manchester United and Chelsea. Now is the time move to phase 3 of our strategy at Villa,’ said Bliss.

Continuing he explained, ‘whilst Phase 1 was all about injecting talented youth into the squad and Phase 2 represented our efforts to put in place a quality framework of facilities Phase 3 is about specific, targeted squad improvement. We want to enhance the squad by obtaining 1 or 2 world class players each season, whilst maintaining our sustainable growth mindset.’ Specifically, we will prefer players tested in the fires of English Football and will be looking to local clubs for those one or two players to enhance the squad, starting with the areas of our biggest weakness. I would though like to warn our chairman and managers that we won’t be taken for fools but we are pragmatic enough to know that the deal will have to work for both teams if it is to be done.’

Stepping in Conte spoke more specifically, ‘the area of the squad we have identified to enhance this season is Left Midfield. As mentioned, our preference is to find someone who has experience in England to fill that role and we will be analysing all Premiership and Championships sides in an effort to find the player we think will assist us to continue our growth. Having said that, we are also effectively saying that we are open to offers also. If any chairman or manager has a player in their squad, who can play that position, that they want to discuss a deal with us for, then we are willing to talk. Of course, the player will need to be better than our current option Ryan Fraser and the finances will need to be right for both teams – our sustainable growth mindset means we are not willing to throw away all of our hard work to get our house right off the field and if such a player can’t be found locally, then we are happy to go abroad to find the right deal.’

Unfortunately not mate...first of all its even more admin for me which means even more time....second, its the chairman's responsibility to manage their own budgets...if they wish to sign high profile players on too much money, then they have to be prepared to deal with the consequences I'm afraid!

FARCE FINALLY ENDS? GUARDIOLA APPOINTED AT WEST BROM!

View attachment 15837In a surprise move, hours after backing Thomas Tuchel, West Brom Chairman Savan has announced that Pep Guardiola will be at the helm and on the touchline for West Brom for the coming seasons. Thomas Tuchel has been given the marching orders even though it was told he will be given time in what has been an increasingly normal affair at West Brom.

Guardiola comes with a reputation of being a serial winner and playing slick and beautiful football something which is being craved by Savan Shah ever since the beginning of his reign and it seems he has finally found his match. It's been said that Guardiola will be provided with the finances needed to make West Brom a European Giant with the club also looking to improve infrastructure and get rid of the deadwood to finance anything and everything.

A clearly elated Shah was smiling widely as he introduced Pep to the media and spoke about the project which has been delayed for 3-4 years due to lack of vision by himself and the managers appointed by him. Savan admitted that is his fault that West Brom have not yet been as successful as others but hopes that Guardiola can finally be the answer to the questions about the team. Savan doesn't mind a season or 2 in mid-table but wants to develop a team which can perform for years.

Guardiola while refusing to answer questions about transfer acquisitions is relishing the opportunity to manage and guide a mid-table club which could finally get rid of the criticism about him managing only successful teams. He also talked in glowing terms about the Chairman and looks forward to working with him and stamp his vision and authority on the team. He is also pleased to have world-class talent and exciting youth prospects available to him and hinted that it is the players in between the two brackets, the supporting cast which needs to be improved so as to make the team a functional unit, that is what the focus in on during the upcoming season.​

Stoke Transfer List - PRICE CUT WED 2200
Final cut for instant sale prices, as always all prices are negotiable

GK R Fahrmann £1m
DR G Montiel £25m
DL J Alba £4m
DC J Aidoo - £12m
MC A Ramsey £5m
MC Matty James £2m
MR G Cavalli £85m
AM Rafina £6m
AT D De Groot £20m

Available
Will only sell the following players if the combined total reaches my target of about £80m. Does bot have to be from 1 club say one bought the keeper for £20m it would be subject to another £60m of sales happening along with sales above.

GK J Bourgeois £20m
GK M Woods £7m
DR M Saidi £20m
DR M Dickinson £10m
DC J Remy £17m
DC H Seferovic £25m
DC V lewis £5m
MC Alessio Riccardi £12m
MC Alex Blesa £10m
MC Adrien Silva £5m
AM Danny Gunn £22m
AM J Thacker £10m
ML M Diallo £7m
AT AT M Kean £45m
AT C Gomez £30m

Loan out
MC A Biesa
MC K Kirk
MC Isreal
AM J Thacker
ML M Diallo
AT C Gomez
AT D De Groot

Last edited:
INACTIVITY!

Can I just check that we still have Dquizzy (Wigan), Anderson883 (Sheffield Wednesday) and Beadsy12 (Barnsley) in the game.....no contact, no posts, no transfer business for the whole of the last season and this window of the new season! If I don't hear from you at all by Saturday's transfer deadline, you will be removed from the game!

View attachment 15743
Change of guard at Forest.

After 2 years of being nearly men in the league, Nottm Forest owner Stan Colymore has decided to switch things up at the club.

"Ole has done a great job in getting us up the table, the past 2 seasons we have been in contention to be promoted and weve fallen away in both seasons. It will time for a change. Ole agreed that he had taken us as far as possible and a change was best for both parties. Giovanni Van Bronckhorst is the man who weve decided to replace him with. Gio will do a great job, his style of play should fit the players we have at the club and hopefully he will change the fortunes of the club and finally get us that much needed promotion."

"We had to sell 2 of our key players early in the summer, they will be difficult to replace, but we are hoping to be active in the window to improve the playing squad. We are looking for defenders in particular as this is out main area of weekness. We will be working hard over the next few days to find to right players and make them a forest player"

If anyone has any good Defenders for sale, at a decent price, DM me.

View attachment 15737

Change of ownership on the South Coast!

View attachment 15736

It'll be great news down in the South of England for Portsmouth fans, who today got to hear the news that a new consortium was taking the club over, looking to get Pompey back to the Premier League. After a very successful season in League 1 last year, Portsmouth will now be looking ahead to a new season in the Championship, the first time the club is featuring in the competition since 2011/12 season. First order of business for this new mysterious consortium, a new manager! Paulo Ferreira is sacked despite an incredible season in League 1 and it's Luis Vicente Mateo, who managed Sunderland in 2 different spells, who comes in to replace him and hopefully bring Pompey to the top of the Championship!

View attachment 15735
With a budget of just £1.1 million, the Spanish manager has admitted it's a little difficult to sign anyone right now but has had his eyes on 2 players who could sign on a free transfer and bring in some real quality for the side as they now look ahead to a season in England's 2nd division. What Pompey fans will now be hoping for is that their new manager and new side does well early on to secure some funding for the January transfer window in a few months time.

Stoke Final Transfer List
MC A Ramsey £5m
MC Matty James £2m

Last edited:
View attachment 15632

Norwich City F.C

Norwich Finish Third

This season Norwich finally began to compete finishing third and only just missing out on promotion in the play-off final. Chairwoman Oprah Winfrey has spoken of her delight at the clubs turnaround this season stating it was a stepping stone on the path to success.

On the other hand Oprah did point out the club was still, vastly under performing in cup competition and that this would be the next step for the club along with promotion to the premier league.

Following this season, manager Paolo Wanchope decided to leave for the Premier League with a club statement being provided stating;
"We thank Paolo for his services and wish him all the best in the future, the club will look to introduce a new manager as soon as possible with us simply awaiting clearance from the governing body to announce".

As for next season, the ambition is clear. Get promotion to the premier league and improve our cup form. Anything less is inadequate. The club will look to further develop its academy, stadium and facilities over the next 24-36 months to develop Norwich into a footballing powerhouse. As for the continuation of the re branding, the club are seeking fan consultation into the matter and multiple re branding options will be given to the fans at the beginning of next season.

Transfer List

Ander Herrera - £6m
Mateus Vital - £7.5m
Dominik Prokop - £5m

All other players available after negotiations.

Just a reminder that the transfer window shuts in 2 hours at 11am guys! We've had a **** load of business done already this window and I'm looking forward to seeing how this season pans out for everyone! I will update the database at 11am when the window shuts and then sim through today with 2 updates.....the usual July/August/September update and then I'll go right up to January, so we'll see half the season today and then the Jan window will be open for a few days!

Transfer Window Closed

Transfer Window Closed

Before we get into your transfer business, I am sorry to announce that the following players have now been removed from the game due to inactivity...

Beadsy12 - Barnsley
Anderson883 - Sheffield Wednesday
Dquizzy - Wigan

Now, as for the rest of us, it was the busiest window we've had since the game began...

Aston Villa - Yeti01

FREE - Diego Costa - £20k p/w
DOM - Dujon Sterling - Chelsea - £2.7 million
U18 - Brian Cabrera - Boca - £2.4 million
U18 - Marco Pattinama - Feyenoord - £490k
FGN - Angelo Avelino - SAN - £370k
FGN - Sire Maiga - FC Bayern - £180k
C2C - Yannick Carrasco - Stoke - £25 million
Stadium Upgrade - 5000 Seats - £5 million
Junior Coaching - Minor Upgrade - £2.5 million

Birmingham - bcfc1

FREE - Hamza Choudhury - £1k p/w