Chairman Game - The Championship

• Thread starter Thread starter FM_TNSSO
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 698
  • Views Views 44K
July August Sep Update

JULY/AUGUST/SEPTEMBER UPDATE

TRANSFER ROUNDUP

Here's the deals over £2 million that were done by our managers during the Summer window...

Birmingham signed Jan Mlakar from Sunderland for £7 million
Birmingham signed Kenneth Omeruo from Tenerife for £3.5 million
Birmingham sold Riccardo Cassano to Manchester United for £24.5 million
Birmingham sold Edson Balde to Everton for £15.75 million
Blackburn signed Muhammet Dorat from RB Liepzig for £4 million
Blackburn sold Santiago Arias to Everton for £10.25 million
Blackburn sold Pepe Vilches to Manchester United for £19.25 million
Blackburn sold Odsonne Edouard to RB Liepzig for £52 million
Blackburn sold Dani Olmo to Bordeaux for £20.5 million
Brentford signed Charlie Taylor from Club Brugge for £8.5 million
Brentford signed Joshua Onomah from Sunderland for £5 million
Brentford sold Pawel Jaroszynski to Crystal Palace for £5.25 million
Brentford sold Giovanni Di Lorenzo to Spartak Moscow for £3.4 million
Brentford sold Pedro Chirivella to Bordeaux for £6 million
Leeds sold Ruben Semedo to Dynamo Kyiv for £4.3 million
Leeds sold Oscar Hiljemark to Standard for £9 million
Middlesbrough sold Miguel Borja to PSV for £6 million
Middlesbrough sold Hector Herrera to Wolves for £14.5 million
Millwall sold Aboubakar Kamara to Rubin for £3.4 million
Norwich signed John Egan from Nottingham Forest for £2 million
Norwich sold Dominique Diouf to Celta Vigo for £6.75 million
Norwich sold Lewis Holtby to Austria Vienna for £2.3 million
Norwich sold James Igbekeme to Fulham for £2.5 million
Nottingham Forest signed Benik Afobe from Brentford for £6 million
Nottingham Forest signed Lewie Coyle from Birmingham for £3.4 million
Nottingham Forest signed Thomas Foket from Wolves for £5.5 million
Nottingham Forest signed Inigo Lekue from Sunderland for £3.6 million
Nottingham Forest sold Renzo Castro to FC Bayern for £26.5 million
Nottingham Forest sold Andy Cowie to Brighton for £23 million
Nottingham Forest sold Arnaldo Ventura to Brighton for £34.5 million
Preston sold Donny van de Beek to Celta Vigo for £12.5 million
Stoke sold Matty James to Huddersfield for £3.8 million
Stoke sold Aaron Ramsey to Young Boys for £7 million
Stoke sold Adrien Silva to Everton for £7 million
Sunderland sold Graham White to Everton for £2.4 million
Sunderland sold Andres Rodriguez to Everton for £16.75 million
Swansea sold Josh Sims to Sheffield United for £5 million
West Brom signed Will Hughes from West Ham for £29.5 million
West Brom sold Antonio Marin to Chelsea for £80 million
West Brom sold Edinson Cavani to Real San Sebastien for £4.1 million
West Brom sold Diego Rolan to Sevilla for £14 million

SEASON PREVIEWS

View attachment 15551

View attachment 15550

View attachment 15549

ENGLISH PREMIER DIVISION

Stoke and West Brom have made a great start to the campaign with 4 wins a piece from their opening 7 games and they both sit in the top 5 at this early stage! Leeds, Villa and Brentford have all found it much tougher and all only have 1 win so far!

View attachment 15548

SKY BET CHAMPIONSHIP

It's no surprise to see relegated sides Blackburn and Middlesbrough right up there in the early stages. Swansea, Sunderland and Norwich all occupy playoff spots after the opening 9 games, whilst Portsmouth are the only chairman side in the bottom 8!

View attachment 15547

SKY BET LEAGUE ONE

It's not been the best start for Millwall who find themselves sitting mid table in the early stages.

View attachment 15546

CARABAO CUP

As we reach the 4th round of the Carabao Cup, a whole host of chairman clubs remain in the competition. Aston Villa and Sunderland will take each other on in an all chairman tie, whilst Blackbun have the most difficult draw away at Man City!

View attachment 15545

CHAMPIONS LEAGUE

Stoke were handed a group against European giants AC Milan and PSG and will need to play well to progress. They've lost their opener against Milan!

View attachment 15544

EUROPA LEAGUE

Leeds qualified for this year's competition, which must have been down to Stoke winning the FA Cup last year or Chelsea winning this competition. They've been handed a tough draw but won their first game against Fiorentina to make a good start!

View attachment 15543

January 2024 Update

JANUARY 2024 UPDATE

MANAGER MOVEMENTS

Aston Villa - Antonio Conte sacked - Replaced with Paulo Fonseca
Nottingham Forest - Giovanni Van Bronckhorst sacked - Raplaced with Roberto Di Matteo
Millwall - Ole Gunnar Solksjaer sacked - Replaced with Paulo Ferreira

Chairmen with sacked manager, please let me know what you'd like me to do...

1) I can either reinstate your manager again for free (even if this manager has gone to another club, you will have 1st choice to keep him, even if he has gone to another chairman club)
2) You can replace them with someone else (you'll only have to pay compensation to your new manager's club if they have one, unless it's a chairman club in which case you can have them back for free).
3) Keep the manager who has taken over your club on the game for which there will be no fee as the game will have already worked out and taken any compensation from your balance (unless it's another chairman's manager and they want them back, in which case you'll have to revert to option 1 or 2 above).

If your manager was not sacked and left the club, then you cannot re-appoint him for free! You can either stick with the manager who has taken over, or you can appoint a new one of your own but if they have a club then you'll have to pay compensation!

ENGLISH PREMIER DIVISION

Although Stoke and West Brom have slipped to 8th and 9th in the table, they are both level on points with Spurs in 4th so still doing well! Brentford have lifted themselves off the bottom of the table to 15th and are now 6 points clear of the relegation places, with Leeds a point above them. Aston Villa look likely to scrap out a relegation battle through the 2nd half of the season.

View attachment 15542

SKY BET CHAMPIONSHIP

Middlesbrough have a nice 6 point lead at the top over Blackburn at the halfway stage. Norwich and Sunderland look set to push the top 2 all the way, whilst QPR, Swansea and Preston are all in contention for the playoffs. Portsmouth are still in the relegation spots, but a good run could easily see them rise a couple of places up the table to safety.

View attachment 15541

SKY BET LEAGUE ONE

It's a disastrous season for Millwall who find themselves 2nd from bottom in the table and face an uphill battle to avoid back to back relegations.

View attachment 15540

FA CUP

As we're all about to enter the competition, holders Stoke face Wolves at home, whilst Middlesbrough face an away day at Old Trafford. Blackburn go to Spurs and West Brom host League Two Carlisle.

View attachment 15539

CARABAO CUP

We have a good chance of a chairman club lifting the trophy this year as 3 of the 4 semi finalists are Stoke, Sunderland and Preston!

View attachment 15538

CHECKATRADE TROPHY

Millwall made it through their group, but went straight out to Northampton in the Southern Section knockout stages.

View attachment 15537

CHAMPIONS LEAGUE

Stoke finished as runners up in their group to PSG, and will now face Lazio in the first knockout stage.

View attachment 15536

View attachment 15535

EUROPA LEAGUE

Leeds flew through their group and will face Hamburger SV in the first knockout stage!

View attachment 15534

View attachment 15533

THE TRANSFER WINDOW IS OPEN UNTIL TUESDAY AT 6:00PM

Here's your budgets guys...

Aston Villa - Yeti01 - £63.3 million
Birmingham - bcfc1 - £26.3 million
Blackburn - WeArePalace - £36.2 million
Brentford - TheNotSoSpecialOne - £26.1 million
Leeds - IndiBlue - £62.2 million
Middlesbrough - RVP20 - £14.3 million
Millwall - madmat23 - £7.7 million
Norwich - LiamCFC88 - £18.5 million
Nottingham Forest - NathWalker - £49.8 million
Portsmouth - Linecoigne1998 - (-£2.1 million)
Preston - Benncfc24 - £1.4 million
QPR - dporter8999 - £17 million
Stoke - stonecold - (-£22.5 million)
Swansea - mathhow - £4.6 million
Sunderland - andy_14clark - £36.3 million
West Brom - savan21 - £58.1 million

Download File; Chairman Save - 1st Jan 2024

Not too bad so far. Bit disappointed that Vilches is already gone after just a few months here.

WHAT!! Selling my best player for only 12.5m! That's not good business!!

Even the money for Van De Beek, we still have little room to move in market!

Good run in the Carabao Cup though, shame we got city in the semi!

Back to back relegations doesn’t sound too good. Jesus I need to sort out my cattle by the looks.

Available Transfers

Hi guys, these are the transfers you all have available for this window based on what you've already used this season. Obviously everyone has 3x EXP deals and as many C2C deals as you like, but on top of that this is what's available....

Aston Villa - Yeti01

2x DOM
1x U18
1x FGN LOAN
1x DOM LOAN

Birmingham - bcfc1

3x DOM
3x U18
2x FGN
1x FGN LOAN

Blackburn - WeArePalace

2x DOM
3x U18
1x FGN LOAN
1x DOM LOAN

Brentford - TheNotSoSpecialOne

3x DOM
2x U18

Leeds - IndiBlue

3x DOM

Middlesbrough - RVP20

1x U18
2x DOM

Millwall - madmat23

3x DOM
3x U18
2x FGN
1x DOM LOAN

Norwich - LiamCFC88

3x DOM
3x U18
1x FGN LOAN
1x DOM LOAN

Nottingham Forest - NathWalker

3x DOM
2x U18
2x FGN
1x FGN LOAN

Portsmouth - Linecoigne1998

3x DOM
3x U18
2x FGN
1x FGN LOAN
1x DOM LOAN

Preston - Benncfc24

3x DOM
3x U18
2x FGN
1x FGN LOAN
1x DOM LOAN

QPR - dporter8999

3x DOM
3x U18
2x FGN
1x FGN LOAN
1x DOM LOAn

Stoke - stonecold

1x FGN LOAN
1x DOM LOAN

Swansea - mathhow

2x DOM
2x U18
1x FGN LOAN

Sunderland - andy_14clark

2x DOM
3x U18

West Brom - savan21

1x FGN LOAN
1x DOM LOAN

A reminder that the window shuts at 6pm on Tuesday guys!

Brentford Transfer List

Buiu - 20 year old Brazilian striker available for loan - could definitely do a job in the Championship or League One (only on £11k p/w as well)

Zidane - 20 year old Brazilian MC/ST available for loan - could definitely do a job in the Championship or League One (only on £3.6k p/w as well)

Benjamin Ayuk - CB/MC available for loan - on £2.7k p/w

Son Heung-Min - Available for £35 million - will consider swap deals - on a really low wage of only £10k p/w so an opportunity to get a great player who won't hit the wage bill

Christoph Zimmerman - CB - Available for £4 million - good squad player for cheap in the Championship or a leading defender in League One

Willian - Available for £5 million - A top player on a cheap wage of only £30k p/w

Swansea City Transfer List
I'm looking to sell the following players with guide prices listed, although I will listen to offers.
Daniel James (AML/AMR) - £3.5m
Kyle Dempsey (MC) - £700k

I will also consider loaning out the youngsters listed below, I've also noted their weekly salaries which as you can see are relatively small so they won't hit the weekly wage budget much either.
- Michael Gangl (DR) - £1.2k - Quality young DR, and if I was manager I would be starting him ahead of my captain Connor Roberts.
- Marcos Lima (DC) - £10k
- Ross Webber (AML) - £110
- Noah Lobinger (AMC) - £3.5k
- Dardan Boshnjaku (MCT) - £875

I'm also keen to bring in the following, so if anybody has anyone who might be of interest get in touch:
- DR - Experienced (30+)
- DL
- AMC - Experienced (30+)

SUNDERLAND JANUARY 2024 UPDATE

View attachment 15203
I always knew that we were the weakest when it came to our goalkeepers and when I saw Alex Meret available (Backup) I took the gamble in paying his £60k wages to see how things would pan out this season. Brozovic and Zaha bring in experience and help to improve our centre midfield and wing. Another position we were really weak at was right back and Bellanova comes in to fill in that role this season. We decided to go for Bale just before he retires in November 2023 as his stats were still great. The rest of the signings were youngster planned for the future although there was some frustration as we missed out on 3 of our main young targets.

View attachment 15202
Now the new manager in charge this year decided to make a lot of changes and there were alot of ours. The first one be Rodriguez who has improved massively since we bought him from Argentina and he leaves for a massive fee to Everton, who also signed youngster Graham White from us for a combined for of £19m possibly rising to £22.5m. We also moved Mlakar, Gray, Lekue and Onomah who I thought were key players for us. Everyone else who left were on the outskirts of the first team but Forsberg had only just joined and was loaned out immediately.

View attachment 15201
I am very happy this year with how the team is performing and we are right up there where we belong in 4th despite what I believe to be one of our weaker transfer windows. John McLean and Magnus grant have really come on leaps and bounds since joining from Tottenham and Rosenberg respectively and look to be key to help us maintain our charge. Fingers crossed we can keep this up in the second half of the season. I am also happy as we continue in the Carabao cup and find ourselves in the semi-finals.

Our strongest team:
Meret
--Bellanova--Fernando--Lorenzo--Lukaku--
Sanchez
--Grant--Brozovic--Bakayoko--Zaha--
MacLean​

Only 2 and a bit hours until the transfer deadline guys.....just a reminder as I've received no business from Birmingham, Blackburn, Norwich, Nottingham Forest, Portsmouth, Swansea and West Brom!

Do people think this window hasn't been long enough, or is the lack of activity down to the fact that everyone did so much business in the Summer window?? Its only that I was expecting to see more, with the healthy bank balances most of you have....

Do people think this window hasn't been long enough, or is the lack of activity down to the fact that everyone did so much business in the Summer window?? Its only that I was expecting to see more, with the healthy bank balances most of you have....

People would have used up a lot of fgn/u18 and other spot during the summer too? I think its been plenty time for the window.

I personally am trying to save money for the summer despite having almost £20m, I have not intention on making any purchases this window

edit* I may sneak a few deals in though if I can get home in time

Just sent my transfers in. EXP transfers are vital, although for me (others may think I'm wrong here) the quality of the players available this season doesn't seem to be as high as the last few seasons.

Stoke 2023

After an amazing season where we reached the champions league for the first time it was time to build a squad fit for the competition

View attachment 15181

8 players with experience in the Europe led to us clearing out my precious youth depth but with most of these signings under 25 its been another great summer for the present and future. Despite it emptying our bank account and we'll have a very quiet January

League
View attachment 15180
We might sit 7th but were also tied 4th and 2 ahead of 10th so anything can happen there. the top 3 have bolted and we have no chance of closing that 17 point gap to 3rd and 23 point gap to Liverpool. Clearly stealing Liverpool & Uniteds best defenders has not held them back.

Out of the Premiership we're delighted to have Sunderland between us and the chance of a second final in two years while getting out of a tough Champions League group and to draw Lazio in the last 16 gives us hope of a quarter finals spot

Only 2 and a bit hours until the transfer deadline guys.....just a reminder as I've received no business from Birmingham, Blackburn, Norwich, Nottingham Forest, Portsmouth, Swansea and West Brom!

I think its been fine. I did however plan on getting on and using the rest of my EXP deals but i got a little busy but that has nothing to do with how long the transfer window was.

Back