• Draw

Votes: 27 14.1%
  • Liverpool Win

Votes: 111 57.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Honestly liverpool should be so happy, they have manaed to sell a player for nearly 3 times he is actually worth.

Babel is worth 7 Million.

Thought about Torres, But since you mentioned HE thought about other player they sold.

Also liverpool fans, your thoughts on Dalglish as permanent manager?

I'd love to see him get the job, you don't need glasses to see that he's done a fantastic job so far, although I personally can't see NESV giving it to him. They've laid out their vision for the club:

Young, English players? Check.
Stadium refurbished? Check (well, planned)
A young manager who can do it for the long term? Can't be found in Dalglish :S

2 chelsea fans on 606 have said we've conned them out of 50 mil for torres

Fell asleep before the match could start... How did it go? Who deserved to win etc...

Amongst all the melee of the game, we must remember that this is a tactical lesson by a superb manager who still retains his steel and wit. Kenny Dalglish's tactics were nothing short of masterful, completely nullifying Chelsea's diamond and allowing his fullbacks forward. It's not surprising Kelly had a good game, with nobody in front of him and yards to run into. Likewise Gerrard exploited the (expected) lack of width from Chelsea to drift wide and deliver the cross that led to the opener.

Good as Kenny's tactics were, he was mightily helped by a hapless Chelsea defence. Time and again they fell over themselves and shouted at each other, highlighted by Ivanovic and Cech's little paddy early in the game and the miscommunication for the goal. Torres looked utterly poor, crowded out by aggressive and powerful defenders. Drogba too was sub-par, being utterly manhandled by Carragher throughout the game. Merieles on the other hand continues to impress, turning in a good all-round performance and popping up in the right time once again in order to score.

Good result for Liverpool, but a poor performance from Chelsea. Lacking width and a killer instinct, it looks like their season, so recently put back on the rails, has suffered a major setback. Ancelotti was hamstrung in his tactics and squad selection: more or less obliged to pick Torres and Drogba, he was forced into playing a two striker formation which his team is clearly uncomfortable with. As I said though, massive, massive credit to Dalglish for taking advantage with a fluid and successful formation, playing a three man defence which he knew would work up against the expected two man attack.

Fell asleep before the match could start... How did it go? Who deserved to win etc...

Scrapy match, i dont think any team can say "We deserved to win". But Liverpool looked better team and Chelsea could have got at least a penalty on any other day, which would have been very harsh call.

.. And then bought another for 3 times his worth.

That they did, but at lest they got Carrol best years ahead of them, whilst torres is washed up.

Babel is worth 7 Million.

Thought about Torres, But since you mentioned HE thought about other player they sold.

El Nino is worth 20 max.

Amongst all the melee of the game, we must remember that this is a tactical lesson by a superb manager who still retains his steel and wit. Kenny Dalglish's tactics were nothing short of masterful, completely nullifying Chelsea's diamond and allowing his fullbacks forward. It's not surprising Kelly had a good game, with nobody in front of him and yards to run into. Likewise Gerrard exploited the (expected) lack of width from Chelsea to drift wide and deliver the cross that led to the opener.

Good as Kenny's tactics were, he was mightily helped by a hapless Chelsea defence. Time and again they fell over themselves and shouted at each other, highlighted by Ivanovic and Cech's little paddy early in the game and the miscommunication for the goal. Torres looked utterly poor, crowded out by aggressive and powerful defenders. Drogba too was sub-par, being utterly manhandled by Carragher throughout the game. Merieles on the other hand continues to impress, turning in a good all-round performance and popping up in the right time once again in order to score.

Good result for Liverpool, but a poor performance from Chelsea. Lacking width and a killer instinct, it looks like their season, so recently put back on the rails, has suffered a major setback. Ancelotti was hamstrung in his tactics and squad selection: more or less obliged to pick Torres and Drogba, he was forced into playing a two striker formation which his team is clearly uncomfortable with. As I said though, massive, massive credit to Dalglish for taking advantage with a fluid and successful formation, playing a three man defence which he knew would work up against the expected two man attack.
been saying this throughout thethread, everyone is hung up on Torres, and not on Daglish's tactical acumen

been saying this throughout thethread, everyone is hung up on Torres, and not on Daglish's tactical acumen

He's a damned canny manager, and it's very nice to see some tactical innovations in this league of 4-5-1 and 4-4-2s.

Also, ZM has the analysis up but the site has too many clicks so it's not functioning right.

He's a damned canny manager, and it's very nice to see some tactical innovations in this league of 4-5-1 and 4-4-2s.

Also, ZM has the analysis up but the site has too many clicks so it's not functioning right.
agreed, 4-1-2-1-2 vs 3-5-2, cant remember the last time we saw that in the league

Good Lord it was his first game stop going on about him

Oh come off it. Chelsea fans were cooing all over him in the pre-match. Let the Liverpool fans have their (deserved) joy at seeing him fail utterly against them.

That was very much the Torres of this season. You can change your shirt, but the body remains.

Although he clearly had a poor game today, it's not going to be too long until people are laughing at those who say **** like 'Torres who?' and 'Torres is washed up' because he will soon start performing well.

Anyway, so glad about the result :)

Oh come off it. Chelsea fans were cooing all over him in the pre-match. Let the Liverpool fans have their (deserved) joy at seeing him fail utterly against them.

nah as I recall Pool fans were degrading him before the match to the extent of wishing him injuries, really i have no problem if u all go on about how **** Chelsea played but atleast dont keep going on about how Torres is a utetr failuer

Good Lord it was his first game stop going on about him

Torres Liverpool first game against Chelsea he Scored
Torres Chelsea first game against Liverpool no where to be seen

ahh forget it... Daglish was the real hero tonight no doubt about it

can i say well done kk for working the chelsea lineup and playing 3 at the back superb as for game ok chelsea had 19 attempts 1 on target we had 5 and 3 on target which tells me we kept them out well and deserved 3 pts
as for the torres stuff well he will score goals no doubt any hate towards him is ppl who r upset to c him go.
but i said in prev post the telling point will be if torres knows our defence better than our defence knows him AND that was answerd for today great result kenny i agree game at a time and see where we get to

YNWA

To me, Torres didnt look like he wanted to be there but we were dog **** AGAIN. Fair play to Kenny.

Status
Not open for further replies.