• Draw

Votes: 27 14.1%
  • Liverpool Win

Votes: 111 57.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'll think your find the inclusion of the Shankly gates are abit of a haha we got your player ploy from the fans. As i heard earlier in the week.

No sign of parody on that banner - comes across as totally clueless instead as it's such a blatant copy. Has to be some element of humour or change for the banner to work as a 'haha' - instead including the shankly gates makes it look like the person doing it really didn't know what the scrollwork represented when they ripped the banner off.

What's Shankley got to do with Torress :eek:

Its got nothing to do with Torres, its just a dig at Liverpool thats all.

---------- Post added at 01:49 AM ---------- Previous post was at 01:48 AM ----------

No sign of parody on that banner - comes across as totally clueless instead as it's such a blatant copy. Has to be some element of humour or change for the banner to work as a 'haha' - instead including the shankly gates makes it look like the person doing it really didn't know what the scrollwork represented when they ripped the banner off.

The people that made the banner have been going to Chelsea for decades now so i would think they know their stuff. I heard in the week its just a little dig at Liverpool thats all.

What's Shankley got to do with Torress :eek:

I like how you manage to spell a club legend's name wrongly :p

To answer your question, nothing really. Either the banner was made by morons or someone's tried to take the **** a bit.

Suuuuuuuuuure.

---------- Post added at 01:52 AM ---------- Previous post was at 01:51 AM ----------

I like how you manage to spell a club legend's name wrongly :p

To answer your question, nothing really. Either the banner was made by morons or someone's tried to take the **** a bit.

Shankly* ;)

Poor poor game I thought. All the talk tomorrow will be about Torres when infact Dalglish deserves a **** of a lot of praise for the job he's done so far. However, I don't think either team played well today. I heard something like 21 shots for Chelsea and only 1 on target which is shocking for a home side.

Thought Torres should of started on the bench today. We played well at Sunderland and we should have stuck with that side, and if we needed Torres to come on then so be it.

Anyway, disappointed with the loss. Poor game for both sides in my opinion but a fantastic result for 'Pool. Thought it was just a case of Chelsea playing worse than Liverpool.

EDIT: Was also pleased to see Steve Clarke and Glen Johnson get a warm reception at the start, where was Joey Cole out of interest?

2 chelsea fans on 606 have said we've conned them out of 50 mil for torres

I listened to this aswell. Typical that you didn't mention that it was a little kid who phoned up, he sounded about 9 years old.

Last edited:
I love it. All these people saying Kenny can't make a difference, the players are **** it was there fault roy failed need to hang there head in shame!

The football, the passion an determination is a joy to see. Couldnt be happier.

Special mention to Clarke as well, worked wonders in a short about of time.

YNWA

Steve Clarke>>>>Kenny. He is the reason you have stopped conceding goals without a dout, one of the best coaches around easily.

Steve Clarke>>>>Kenny. He is the reason you have stopped conceding goals without a dout, one of the best coaches around easily.

His appointment was very, very astute by whoever put his name forward. And yeah, he's got a great reputation within the game. Not sure about him being responsible for the clean sheets, but he'll certainly have had a lot of input into how we're playing currently to mesh into Kenny's philosophy on how the game should be played.

Thought Kenny's comments the other week are apt - he said that he had a team behind him and they took results as a team - "if we'd lost today, I would nay be blaming Stevie for that one", said with a huge grin ;)

But do show some respect to a manager who has won the league with two different clubs. Kenny's record speaks for itself. The transformation in the ethos and atmosphere at the club is not down to anyone but him right now.

Either that, or the fact that Kenny is using a system which nullifies two opposition forwards completely. I doubt Clarke's appointment has really made a huge difference, whereas we can all see Dalglish's influence on squad selection and tactics.

Kenny for permanent manager. Knows the club, how it ticks, loves the club, club loves him. Respected in the game, for player days, and managing two English leagues to Premier League titles. Really relaxed, and gets into it.

Poor poor game I thought. All the talk tomorrow will be about Torres when infact Dalglish deserves a **** of a lot of praise for the job he's done so far. However, I don't think either team played well today. I heard something like 21 shots for Chelsea and only 1 on target which is shocking for a home side.

Thought Torres should of started on the bench today. We played well at Sunderland and we should have stuck with that side, and if we needed Torres to come on then so be it.

Anyway, disappointed with the loss. Poor game for both sides in my opinion but a fantastic result for 'Pool. Thought it was just a case of Chelsea playing worse than Liverpool.

EDIT: Was also pleased to see Steve Clarke and Glen Johnson get a warm reception at the start, where was Joey Cole out of interest?

I listened to this aswell. Typical that you didn't mention that it was a little kid who phoned up, he sounded about 9 years old.

I don't understand why people are saying this was a poor game?
Were people expecting a 4-4 or something?

The game was great, and the tactical battle was even better. Just nice to see Kenny came out on top, also refreshing to see he isn't afraid to change things up.

Yup did a great job shoring up that West Ham defence. Kenny decided to play three centre half's which is why the defence was so solid.

Kenny for permanent manager. Knows the club, how it ticks, loves the club, club loves him. Respected in the game, for player days, and managing two English leagues to Premier League titles. Really relaxed, and gets into it.

Nothing better than a great big King Kenny grin either haha.

I don't understand why people are saying this was a poor game?
Were people expecting a 4-4 or something?

The game was great, and the tactical battle was even better. Just nice to see Kenny came out on top, also refreshing to see he isn't afraid to change things up.

I was expecting a 0-0 draw after the events that occurred yesterday.

As I said, I thought both teams were poor. Chelsea offered nothing going forward, never looked like troubling the Liverpool defense and Reina had like one save all game?

Liverpool had hardly any last ditch defending to do. They had a few counter attacks and thats about it. A fairly comfortable game for them in the end. I don't know how it looked on TV but it was a poor game IMO. Maybe you think it was so great because you won? :p

Anyway, a few shouts for a penalty in the last few minutes on Ivanovic. More shouts of hope rather than expectation. Can anyone clear that up for me?

Only positive on a Chelsea note was that Luiz came on and did alright. Good on the ball and not afraid to get stuck in, our next Ricky Carvalho :wub:

Dalglish for permanent manager, nice to have another tactically interesting manager in the league

that has to be one of the most stupid things i have ever seen writen on the internet.

Looks like we should have had one penalty, the handball would have been harsh though.

Oh well.

Status
Not open for further replies.